• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So we got 5 characters in 1 year

And itll take us 2 to get 6?

The development team must keep shrinking.
tbf, only 3 of the 5 in the pass were announced in 2019

so something like 3 in 2020 and 3 in 2021 wouldn't be too farfetched

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t if this is true but if it we likely know the first two characters and it’s gonna be hype:
View attachment 258043
I desperately want. But if they are only now getting started, then why would they have Mii costumes already made.

Then again nothing about Sakurai makes sense. He rides to work on a chicken (real sized, not giant). He draws with a noodle dipped in sheep’s milk and pomegranate juice. He eats air and breathes food. And he’ll only do that all today because tomorrow he’ll do something completely different because he hates patterns and consistency.
Might be because development on them only just might now be starting.

Otherwise, I hope people are prepared for huuuuge gaps between releases. Like, we're probably only getting three of those six this year, lol.
Shoot me.

D

Deleted member

Guys
We’re gonna be able to put Sans’ head on Cuphead’s body and Vice Versa

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Can someone explain to me the intro? The tempo was pretty fast. Why was the guy in the middle of being killed? Some sort of an even from the game? Why did he randomly switch genders and get a second joining? I at least understand the joke.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With people around the internet being salty (though there are plenty who are happy or fine with this, I must post this.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh, I'll hope.

Imagine if Sakurai upgraded an AT.

The only question would be who, though, so I have a feeling only the most special exception will be made or none at all.

Spirits are a whole 'nother boat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, would be fixed by one small thing. Flip Byleth and Banjo’s reveals.

It makes sense to have Byleth back then because then he would launch closer to the games actual release, better suited for the promotional pick that he’s desperately pretending not to be.

Then Banjo would exist as the break from the pattern never ever fan satisfying bombastic end to the Fighters pass.

My point is, if he was doing Byleth, he should have got him out as soon as possible. Just to get him out of the way.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can someone explain to me the intro? The tempo was pretty fast. Why was the guy in the middle of being killed? Some sort of an even from the game? Why did he randomly switch genders and get a second joining? I at least understand the joke.
It's something that happens about midway through Fire Emblem Three Houses; someone's trying to seal Byleth away in another dimension, more or less. Byleth got two reveals and two genders because, much like Robin and Chrom, Byleth's a customizable avatar character.

Okay. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, would be fixed by one small thing. Flip Byleth and Banjo’s reveals.

It makes sense to have Byleth back then because then he would launch closer to the games actual release, better suited for the promotional pick that he’s desperately pretending not to be.

Then Banjo would exist as the break from the pattern never ever fan satisfying bombastic end to the Fighters pass.

My point is, if he was doing Byleth, he should have got him out as soon as possible. Just to get him out of the way.
If we got Hero and Byleth as our big E3 reveals, people would have been FURIOUS. Some people were annoyed or confused at Hero's inclusion (or unfamiliar with the franchise as a whole), but Banjo and Kazooie being added brought a ton of excitement. Imagine that annoyance/confusion being followed up by the reaction that we're seeing to Byleth right now.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, to the people saying "if they're jist starting development now" please remember that this was prerecorded in November.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I desperately want. But if they are only now getting started, then why would they have Mii costumes already made.

Then again nothing about Sakurai makes sense. He rides to work on a chicken (real sized, not giant). He draws with a noodle dipped in sheep’s milk and pomegranate juice. He eats air and breathes food. And he’ll only do that all today because tomorrow he’ll do something completely different because he hates patterns and consistency.

Shoot me.
You really don't think Fighter 6 isn't ready or close too? I doubt thats the case, the past 3 DLCs have been ahead of schedule, I'm sure six is decently along.

Also mii costumes would be way easier to make then the full character and are probably made first.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's something that happens about midway through Fire Emblem Three Houses; someone's trying to seal Byleth away in another dimension, more or less. Byleth got two reveals and two genders because, much like Robin and Chrom, Byleth's a customizable avatar character.

If we got Hero and Byleth as our big E3 reveals, people would have been FURIOUS.
People are furious now

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Shoot me.
Honey

It's not healthy to get this upset over a game

Yeah, it's not who you wanted, but so what? One, there's still a chance, and two, that doesn't mean they can't be someone you learn to like.

I didn't give two ****s about Persona, Dragon Quest, or Fatal Fury beforehand and yet I'm interested in all after Smash.

It'll be alright.

Take it from me, I'm a Sora and Sakura Shinguji supporter. One of them is deemed impossible and the other's franchise had been dead in the water for a decade up til this year.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So wait, the three sign he was holding up was true. Oh jeeze. Sad Dante is not in though.
The Devil May Cry announcement was always stated to be something that was being added to the DMC3 Switch port. (in this case, being able to switch styles on the fly, which was only in DMC4 and 5) The timing was just a coincidence.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You really don't think Fighter 6 isn't ready or close too? I doubt thats the case, the past 3 DLCs have been ahead of schedule, I'm sure six is decently along.

Also mii costumes would be way easier to make then the full character and are probably made first.
I want to believe it because it makes sense. But he said that Pass 2 wouldn’t start development till everything was finished. Just like the first pass had to wait until the base game was finished. Because apparently starting developing DLC while your base game is in the balancing/bug testing phase is a cardinal sin.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
17? That's Sakurai's elaborate way of saying we have 17 more days until the Nintendo Direct where they'll reveal Fighter Pass 2's #1.

Oh lol I guess not. But I'm still gonna roll with it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh shoot, if we don't see them until E3, we might only get two characters this year.

And to think people thought waiting for Byleth was long. Y'all ain't seen nothing yet. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want to believe it because it makes sense. But he said that Pass 2 wouldn’t start development till everything was finished. Just like the first pass had to wait until the base game was finished. Because apparently starting developing DLC while your base game is in the balancing/bug testing phase is a cardinal sin.
nah they started in November without a doubt. That presentation was filmed then and Byletth is already done at this point.

And We know for a fact DLC started alongside base game, see the plant reddit leak and Verge knowing hero 9 months before their announcement, with the implication there was a lot of work done since they were so confident.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh shoot, if we don't see them until E3, we might only get two characters this year.

And to think people thought waiting for Byleth was long. Y'all ain't seen nothing yet. :p
Relax.

I mean, they could always do a Joker styled reveal in the next Direct, as in the Joker reveal at the Game Awards from 2018.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
People are furious now
I edited in more details, but given the reaction to Hero before Banjo was revealed (disappointment, neutrality, or expressing unfamiliarity with Dragon Quest - there was some positivity among the western fanbase, but from what I recall, it was rare by comparison), following up Hero with Byleth seems like a recipe for disaster.

Imagine people thinking that maybe they'll announce another character at the end of the Direct - Hero's inclusion seems to largely be aimed at a Japanese audience, so maybe the third fighter's pass will be one aimed at a Western (or non-Japanese) audience?

And then they actually DO announce another character, but it's Byleth, a character from a game that was, at the time of E3, not even out yet.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Relax.

I mean, they could always do a Joker styled reveal in the next Direct, as in the Joker reveal at the Game Awards from 2018.
Oh, no, you misunderstand me: I am relaxed. My post was not one out of panic, but just a silly thought. I don't really care how long it takes to reveal these characters.

I'm not holding my breath for February. Sakurai said "it might take some time" to show them, so I'm gonna go with E3 for now.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honey

It's not healthy to get this upset over a game

Yeah, it's not who you wanted, but so what? One, there's still a chance, and two, that doesn't mean they can't be someone you learn to like.

I didn't give two ****s about Persona, Dragon Quest, or Fatal Fury beforehand and yet I'm interested in all after Smash.

It'll be alright.

Take it from me, I'm a Sora and Sakura Shinguji supporter. One of them is deemed impossible and the other's franchise had been dead in the water for a decade up til this year.
I’m not upset because I didn’t get what I wanted in Smash. If I had some other game, or some movie or tv show, some toy, heck even a boyfriend/girlfriend then I wouldn’t care nearly as much. But it feels like I have nothing. Nothing to get excited for. Nothing to get me out of bed in the morning. Nothing to make me feel better. And a constant feeling of being left alone while everyone else moves on. That’s why I cried. That’s why I’m upset.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I'm eternally grateful we have this many fighters. Even if many weren't pleased with the inclusion of Byleth, I'm just happy the first Fighter's Pass is over and we can move on to oh wait... the second fighter's pass is coming (well shoot here come the leaks).

I mean now that Byleth's in, we're at least hopeful that that'll open for Nintendo characters (possibly Porky, Sylux, Akira, Gen 8 Pokemon, you get the idea). A mixture between first and third party characters for Fighter Pass Vol. 2 would suffice pretty well.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wonder who they'll kick off Fighter Pass 2 with. It's gotta be someone with hype to convince peoplw to buy the Pass, right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, no, you misunderstand me: I am relaxed. My post was not one out of panic, but just a silly thought.

I'm not holding my breath for February. Sakurai said "it might take some time" to show them, so I'm gonna go with E3 for now.
Very funny.

We may still get something, or we might an unfinished trailer like Terry's from last September. Don't lose hope.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
nah they started in November without a doubt. That presentation was filmed then and Byletth is already done at this point.

And We know for a fact DLC started alongside base game, see the plant reddit leak and Verge knowing hero 9 months before their announcement, with the implication there was a lot of work done since they were so confident.
Well then maybe. Geno and a Doomslayer would be a good double reveal at say.... a February quarterly direct?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm eternally grateful we have this many fighters. Even if many weren't pleased with the inclusion of Byleth, I'm just happy the first Fighter's Pass is over and we can move on to oh wait... the second fighter's pass is coming (well shoot here come the leaks).

I mean now that Byleth's in, we're at least hopeful that that'll open for Nintendo characters (possibly Porky, Sylux, Akira, Gen 8 Pokemon, you get the idea). A mixture between first and third party characters for Fighter Pass Vol. 2 would suffice pretty well.
My heart just dropped into my shoes when you pointed this out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well then maybe. Geno and a Doomslayer would be a good double reveal at say.... a February quarterly direct?
I say we get one of them for sure in February if its real. If we got both though, all the salt will pretty much be gone and you know everyone will pre purchase that pass real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom