• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Today Marsa Drawing Update™ is brought to you by RAID: Shadow Legends! The greatest game of our genera-
View attachment 256739

....wait, what I was saying?

...ahem, in all cases, here is the update.
Finally added the gi, yes, but it ain't polished because I like to know if it look good enough here before I start doing small corrections. If nothing big is needed, I start doing small tweak here & there to make it look good as possible, and maybe finally I could start the last part: the shading.

In all cases, hope you like it & hope you have a great day.

@Noipoi ,@JDCabrera , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F ,@Dyllybirdy ,@Tako Tuesday ,@KarneraMythos &, Wademan94 Wademan94
Looking really good as of now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just realized something. When SMTV drops there are going to be a lot of “this is what Sword and Shield should have been!” Posts. They’re gonna be god damn everywhere.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hmmm, not sure, Squimpis style of horror would work best in a game that is simple in mechanic & a small cast, like FNAF1 & maybe even 3 & 4. (2 suffer from the same of UCN - to a lesser extent, yes, but still, by having way too much stuff to pay attention to at a single time)

It's hard to tell tho, canon FNAF can't really go too scary due to being targeted for a younger audience. Then again, Scott's a crazy man, I could see him put something REALLY scary in a place you wouldn't expect.
Agreed. In UCN I don’t really think you would have enough time to let the spooky stuff fully sink in, which is one of its flaws in my opinion. It’d probably work in FNAF 1 or FNAF 4 the best. The atmosphere coupled with the way Squimpis has made the animatronics terrifying has the potential to work wonders.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Okay, you wanna know what my main complaint with Game Freak is?

It's not the DLC being paid. It's not Dex cuts. It's not Gen 1 pandering. It's that they stopped giving out Mach Punch.

Mach Punch is my favorite move, but no Pokémon from Gen 6, 7, or 8 can learn it. Conkeldurr was the last one.

Why doesn't Pangoro learn it? Why doesn't Marshadow learn it? How come Grapploct can't learn it? Why can't anybody learn it?

That's just awful.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heck. Just look how Ultimate Alliance 3 turned out. What everyone thought would just be an MCU fest from the subtitle and plot turned into a very balanced Marvel Experience. And it doesn’t look like it was super rushed. We don’t exactly know how much executive meddling was done, but I think they’ve definitely made progress.

And let’s face it, as much as we love all the vs. Capcom games and want to see them meet more companies, none of their crossovers make more money then Marvel.
The moment Wolverine and the Sentinels showed up in the first trailer, the game being MCU specific was shut down before even getting the chance to be claimed as such (and before it was revealed to be an Ultimate Alliance sequel)...still waiting for that Fantastic Four dlc (once we get them and Gwenom, the game will be truly complete)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not really sure. What breed jects do you have?
Actually I just found out that I have a flawless Flygon in my box. Lmao my bad.

BUT if you come across any interesting Pokemon, especially Shield exclusives, in Premier Balls, hit me up. Because I'm all about those Premier Ball Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Hmmm, not sure, Squimpis style of horror would work best in a game that is simple in mechanic & a small cast, like FNAF1 & maybe even 3 & 4. (2 suffer from the same of UCN - to a lesser extent, yes, but still, by having way too much stuff to pay attention to at a single time)

It's hard to tell tho, canon FNAF can't really go too scary due to being targeted for a younger audience. Then again, Scott's a crazy man, I could see him put something REALLY scary in a place you wouldn't expect.
LOL Crazy man does not even begin to describe Scott. /s

Jokes aside, yeah, he can get really dark. The new book they did is REALLY dark. Like, I don’t even know if I can go into detail here. lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
LOL Crazy man does not even begin to describe Scott. /s

Jokes aside, yeah, he can get really dark. The new book they did is REALLY dark. Like, I don’t even know if I can go into detail here. lol
The best part of the books is hearing Funtime Freddy say
4100B134-07E9-44F3-BF3D-F8233C24FBE8.jpeg

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Wow. We never see Saria grown up?

That's kinda crazy. I get it, but still. She's like so glaringly absent from that picture.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We talked about FNAF, Matpad release a new FNAF video a hour ago.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually I just found out that I have a flawless Flygon in my box. Lmao my bad.

BUT if you come across any interesting Pokemon, especially Shield exclusives, in Premier Balls, hit me up. Because I'm all about those Premier Ball Pokemon.
Will let you know!

It’s going to be fun too when the dlc hits and all the different poke balls are easier to get

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So I ran my 3rd session of my Pokemon table-top rpg yesterday and it was a big success!

My group had their first trainer battle against a bunch of bullies loitering on a bridge into the first major town. The MVP of that fight was my brother's Koffing:109: that took out the rival trainers more leveled Snubble :209: with a poison gas attack.

After that the party went to the Pokecenter to heal up, and we rolled to see what other trainers were there. One of my players found a trainer with a Sentret:161:, after having a 1v1 battle with him he decided to trade his Pidgey :016: for it.

Then my players went to the local Pokemon daycare, but just as they got there a Team Rocket grunt was trying to get away with a bag full of stolen Pokemon! My players apprehended him as he was trying to get away on a bike, MVP for that encounter was one of my player's Vulpix :037: that melted the Grunt's Bicycle wheels.

Lastly the party fought their first Gym battle, The duel type Electric and Fighting type gym leader, Jim. He had a Elekid:239: and a Hitmochan :107:, but was taken down mainly by one of my player's Slowpoke :079: with a yawn attack, making them fall asleep. For their victory they were awarded with the Energy Badge, a TM, and a single bike voucher.

I look forward to the next session, I'm plan on doing a more traditional "dungeon" perhaps they have to go through a cave to get to the next city.

D

Deleted member

The timeline where Annoying Orange is still somehow one of the worst things on Youtube in 2020, but I'm still glad you're getting some fame.
LOL I would hardly consider myself famous, but I appreciate it.

A lot of YTers have been playing games I voice in recently and it’s so surreal, but hey, I’m not complaining.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So I ran my 3rd session of my Pokemon table-top rpg yesterday and it was a big success!

My group had their first trainer battle against a bunch of bullies loitering on a bridge into the first major town. The MVP of that fight was my brother's Koffing:109: that took out the rival trainers more leveled Snubble :209: with a poison gas attack.

After that the party went to the Pokecenter to heal up, and we rolled to see what other trainers were there. One of my players found a trainer with a Sentret:161:, after having a 1v1 battle with him he decided to trade his Pidgey :016: for it.

Then my players went to the local Pokemon daycare, but just as they got there a Team Rocket grunt was trying to get away with a bag full of stolen Pokemon! My players apprehended him as he was trying to get away on a bike, MVP for that encounter was one of my player's Vulpix :037: that melted the Grunt's Bicycle wheels.

Lastly the party fought their first Gym battle, The duel type Electric and Fighting type gym leader, Jim. He had a Elekid:239: and a Hitmochan :107:, but was taken down mainly by one of my player's Slowpoke :079: with a yawn attack, making them fall asleep. For their victory they were awarded with the Energy Badge, a TM, and a single bike voucher.

I look forward to the next session, I'm plan on doing a more traditional "dungeon" perhaps they have to go through a cave to get to the next city.
That Pokémon campaign seems great! Lot's of Zubat's in that cave perhaps? :041:

I've never played table-top rpg's but it's something I've been looking into for the past couple of months.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That Pokémon campaign seems great! Lot's of Zubat's in that cave perhaps? :041:

I've never played table-top rpg's but it's something I've been looking into for the past couple of months.
Good idea, I can't wait to pester my players with Zubat's every 5 seconds!

Tabletop RPGs can be a great experience, at it's heart it's a collaborative storytelling that is unique to you and your group. It's a great creative outlet, can be mechanically engaging like any video game, and just a good excuse to spend time with some friends.

I played a lot of the Star Wars RPG system which is really narrative based, dabbled a bit in DnD and helped my brother come up with a setting for his campaign, died a lot in Call of Cthulhu, and finially runing my own game now with a conversion of DnD rules to run a pokemon game.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So I beat Mario Odyssey...any recommendations for what I should try next? I was thinking possibly mario maker but idk yet.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What are you in the mood for? What kind of genres do you like?
I like fighting games, platformers, hack n slash, but i'm also willing to try something new. I didn't get into Bayonetta until very recently and it ended up being fantastic.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I like fighting games, platformers, hack n slash, but i'm also willing to try something new. I didn't get into Bayonetta until very recently and it ended up being fantastic.
For platformers, my favorite ones available on Switch right now are Shovel Knight, A Hat in Time, Mario Maker, and Kirby Star Allies. Yoshi's Crafted World is pretty good too, although I didn't like it nearly as much as I did Woolly World back on the Wii U.

For fighting games, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is 75% off right now, if you don't already have it. Haven't played it myself, but I've heard great things about it.

As for other games...Hmm...If you have NSO, I highly recommend classics like Super Metroid and the two Kirby Games on there. Super Mario World is also tons of fun. If you like RPGs, there's tons of great ones I could recommend too, but they are pretty long.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
For platformers, my favorite ones available on Switch right now are Shovel Knight, A Hat in Time, Mario Maker, and Kirby Star Allies. Yoshi's Crafted World is pretty good too, although I didn't like it nearly as much as I did Woolly World back on the Wii U.

For fighting games, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is 75% off right now, if you don't already have it. Haven't played it myself, but I've heard great things about it.

As for other games...Hmm...If you have NSO, I highly recommend classics like Super Metroid and the two Kirby Games on there. Super Mario World is also tons of fun. If you like RPGs, there's tons of great ones I could recommend too, but they are pretty long.
Alright, thanks! Maybe i'll give Star Allies or Hat in Time a try if I don't get Mario Maker. Dbfz is indeed great, I got it last month for sale on steam.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Good idea, I can't wait to pester my players with Zubat's every 5 seconds!

Tabletop RPGs can be a great experience, at it's heart it's a collaborative storytelling that is unique to you and your group. It's a great creative outlet, can be mechanically engaging like any video game, and just a good excuse to spend time with some friends.

I played a lot of the Star Wars RPG system which is really narrative based, dabbled a bit in DnD and helped my brother come up with a setting for his campaign, died a lot in Call of Cthulhu, and finially runing my own game now with a conversion of DnD rules to run a pokemon game.
Yea definitely! That creativity is what has me excited to hopefully start a campaign with friends. One of them wanted to go with the Star Wars setting but most of the group wants to do a traditional medieval fantasy campaign.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone...well, for most of you at least.

I'm just here staying home. Local volcano erupted. Tons of ashfall here. Literally had to go dark room for the day.

Pray for my home country:crying:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Yea definitely! That creativity is what has me excited to hopefully start a campaign with friends. One of them wanted to go with the Star Wars setting but most of the group wants to do a traditional medieval fantasy campaign.
Are you planning on running the game? For medeieval fantasy, Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition is the way to go, for Star Wars go for Fantasy Flight’s RPGs.

if I might give some advice I’d suggest having a “Zero Session”, where before playing the game all the players and the game master discuss what the my want to see from the game, what they’re interested and not interested in, set up some ground rules and make their characters together. That way everybody should be on the same page.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone...well, for most of you at least.

I'm just here staying home. Local volcano erupted. Tons of ashfall here. Literally had to go dark room for the day.

Pray for my home country:crying:
Same as me with the Australian fires.
I seriously hope you make it out of it all fine.

Someone at a Discord server I’m in is also dealing with worriesome earthquakes over the country they live in, and it honestly feels bad to see many people I tend to talk with going through all these awful moments.

I’m praying for all of you, because in the same way life got better for me by standing strong against any problem I got struck with I hope that everything starts going better for all of you after those horrors end.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
STEVEN UNIVERSE FANS BEWARE

An audio leak is going around from the rest of future that confirms a big plot point is coming. Be weary of social media of you wish to avoid it

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
How's everyone been doing today? Been spending some time with schoolwork, albeit forcefully by my mom due to some circumstances about the semester deadline. She really wasn't helping me much at all despite insisting with me to do my work together, as we started out with a algebra quiz with various math equations and methods she isn't familiar with anymore so we just moved on to a different subject.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
STEVEN UNIVERSE FANS BEWARE

An audio leak is going around from the rest of future that confirms a big plot point is coming. Be weary of social media of you wish to avoid it
I never even watched the last couple episodes so i'm not too concerned with spoilers. Kind of curious what this is about tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom