• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
According to MAL, I've completed exactly 50 anime. And there are others I'm still watching.

My top 10 favorites are:

10) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
9) Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
8) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
7) Cat's Eye
6) Yakitate!! Japan
5) Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
4) One Punch Man
3) Love Hina
2) Samurai Champloo
1) One Piece

So it's a mixture of mainstream stuff, and things nobody's heard of.
I've been meaning to check out Rascal, it seems like my kind of anime haha.

D

Deleted member

I legit cannot wait for locals tonight. Just gotta hope my mom actually takes me there. Biking isn’t an option, by the time It ends it’ll be pitch black, with no safe way for me to get home.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y'all are weebs.

uWu
if watching WWE means I’m a weeb...then ok to your uWu
I really hope I get to see Sega vs Capcom happen one day. Marvel has proven to be quite difficult to work with when it came to their crossover with Capcom, probably thanks to Disney, and I don't feel like their attitude will change if another MvC game gets made. Sega has a lot of IPs that are underutilized and would be perfect in a crossover fighting game.

What would be your dream roster for a game like this?
I wouldn’t say another MvC game would be problematic now that Disney has the Marvel film rights they couldn’t gain control of thanks to buying most of FOX (didn’t affect MUA3 after all, though the timing was coincidental)
everyone passing the phone to team members and Yusuke is like "Lol nope, not you"View attachment 256881
they were doing Joker dirty by throwing his phone around so much

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
if watching WWE means I’m a weeb...then ok to your uWu

I wouldn’t say another MvC game would be problematic now that Disney has the Marvel film rights they couldn’t gain control of thanks to buying most of FOX (didn’t affect MUA3 after all, though the timing was coincidental)

they were doing Joker dirty by throwing his phone around so much
Heck. Just look how Ultimate Alliance 3 turned out. What everyone thought would just be an MCU fest from the subtitle and plot turned into a very balanced Marvel Experience. And it doesn’t look like it was super rushed. We don’t exactly know how much executive meddling was done, but I think they’ve definitely made progress.

And let’s face it, as much as we love all the vs. Capcom games and want to see them meet more companies, none of their crossovers make more money then Marvel.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It’s been almost a full year since I checked up on new leaf.
Wonder how my town’s doing.

D

Deleted member

I’m bored af at church. as soon as I get home and eat I’m gonna bike for a bit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Should we even be surprised its dead? That's what happens when there's a lack of news for a couple of months.

Hopefully this week we get an Nintendo Direct. That should spice things up.

D

Deleted member

Should we even be surprised its dead? That's what happens when there's a lack of news for a couple of months.

Hopefully this week we get an Nintendo Direct. That should spice things up.
I mean, It’s never been this dead before. even when nothing’s going on there is at least some activity. Today just feels like everyones on vacation from the thread.

D

Deleted member

How I feel when I

Am winning and just need to push forward

Need to topdeck a card to have a chance at winning

Making a comeback

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Seriously what are they waiting for if it’s finished? I can’t think of an explanation for this without my mind going to all sorts of places and getting expectations up.
I mean, Sakurai said the character was finished, but does that include bug testing? If not, makes sense why it hasn’t been revealed yet.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Seriously what are they waiting for if it’s finished? I can’t think of an explanation for this without my mind going to all sorts of places and getting expectations up.
Marketing. Nintendo is most likely holding it for February to have content in a dry spot, which February usually is for them.

Have a Direct in February, drop info and release dates on hot games, drop a Smash reveal or two, release on of them either after the presentation or a week or two later, and watch all that marketing attention you get on social media and word of mouth. It's all about that marketing buzz.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For my next dorito night. I'm wondering whether I should watch Joker again or Grizzly (1976) first. Been wanting to get around to watching the former again for the modern classic it is but on the other hand despite having seen Grizzly (1976) already a few times it'll be the first time I'll be watching it on my TV.

Can't decide...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marketing. Nintendo is most likely holding it for February to have content in a dry spot, which February usually is for them.

Have a Direct in February, drop info and release dates on hot games, drop a Smash reveal or two, release on of them either after the presentation or a week or two later, and watch all that marketing attention you get on social media and word of mouth. It's all about that marketing buzz.
No. They can’t make us wait until February again. No body else is doing anything in January either. So it’s not like anything else is distracting us. Give us something to chew on at least.
I mean, Sakurai said the character was finished, but does that include bug testing? If not, makes sense why it hasn’t been revealed yet.
why would it not? That’s a part of development.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For my next dorito night. I'm wondering whether I should watch Joker again or Grizzly (1976) first. Been wanting to get around to watching the former again for the modern classic it is but on the other hand despite having seen Grizzly (1976) already a few times it'll be the first time I'll be watching it on my TV.

Can't decide...
That's an easy choice.

D

Deleted member

why would it not? That’s a part of development.
Well, it is entirely possible that bug testing outside of just the character itself is required(the Kirby hats, for example) so that would add time onto the development not directly related to finishing the character.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
You say that but it might actually be because consistency and Nintendo might as well be antonyms.
Ok but
-The character is finished
-We're due for a general direct any time now
-The gamestop list
-Fighter 5 recently went up for purchase
-The purchase says "available february 29th"
Have patience

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok but
-The character is finished
-We're due for a general direct any time now
-The gamestop list
-Fighter 5 recently went up for purchase
-The purchase says "available february 29th"
Have patience
Honestly, being told to “just be patient” is the most frustrating thing ever. Because it shouldn’t be a matter of patience. These characters should have been on a consistent schedule to begin with.

And we’ve already been waiting for just under a year. And the process of waiting has never been this frustrating before for ANY fighting game I’ve ever been into. To the point where I just want it to be over. Speculation isn’t fun anymore. How can it be when we have no actual data to fuel it?

Look, I get Nintendo wants to be all “pure” with dlc, but if they actually try to pull this “dlc is coming, you won’t know who or when until the crystal ball says it’s okay” then I’ll be mad.

Just for the love of god do an NRS/SFV style cinematic-only trailer that reveals everyone at the beginning and give us release dates for all of them.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Honestly, being told to “just be patient” is the most frustrating thing ever. Because it shouldn’t be a matter of patience. These characters should have been on a consistent schedule to begin with.

And we’ve already been waiting for just under a year. And the process of waiting has never been this frustrating before for ANY fighting game I’ve ever been into. To the point where I just want it to be over. Speculation isn’t fun anymore. How can it be when we have no actual data to fuel it?

Look, I get Nintendo wants to be all “pure” with dlc, but if they actually try to pull this “dlc is coming, you won’t know who or when until the crystal ball says it’s okay” then I’ll be mad.

Just for the love of god do an NRS/SFV style cinematic-only trailer that reveals everyone at the beginning and give us release dates for all of them.
It's..it's a video game. Just for fun. Why are you getting so upset?

D

Deleted member

And some people aren’t a fan of what they’re doing with Pokémon either.
We get it, you don’t like open world games. For some reason.

Not up to typing what I’ve said before, so here.
Like I said last time this popped up, sucks to be you I guess :drflip:

In all seriousness, why not embrace the change and try something new? Maybe try just walking around aimlessly and seeing what you find?

Last edited by a moderator:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
And some people aren’t a fan of what they’re doing with Pokémon either.
To be fair, most of the people that have complaints with Pokemon DLC are just looking for excuses to be mad at this point. Their own logic doesn't line up either due to sheer ignorance or knowingly spreading misinformation, It's not a great comparison as far as the DLC talk goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom