• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I also wanna point out somthing about this recreation
8041AB16-539C-43D0-8DAC-66EA9C7141A7.jpeg

Eye to big
No gap
Red above teeth doesn't have much detail
That line thingy idk

but this looks like a recreation to me so nice try I suppose
Also dabbing is cringe

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine where dose it say it was from fortnite?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I doubt the guy with the dabbing Caco is the leak creator regardless of the legitimacy of the leak at this point. The more I think about it though I really can't wrap my mind around a video leak at this point in DLC development.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I also wanna point out somthing about this recreationView attachment 245223
Eye to big
No gap
Red above teeth doesn't have much detail
That line thingy idk

but this looks like a recreation to me so nice try I suppose
Also dabbing is cringe

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine where dose it say it was from fortnite?
The background reminds me of some menu in Fortnite, and it’s the dab from Fortnite, so I think that’s what the guy put it in. Someone else pointed it out in Newcomer Speculation (or the Geno thread, may have mixed the origin up). The Cacodemon hat isn’t actually in Fortnite without mods; I don’t even know if they have any 3rd-party stuff other than those Marvel and Disney crossovers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im going to say this. While the model is not the same, the fact that someone made a extremely similar model in pretty much a day tells us that its possible someone outside of Nintendo could have made the Mii costumes. Can't say the leak is true or false yet but there's plausibility that it can go either side.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If I may bring it up here because I haven't seen a post about it on this thread yet...

Here are the pictures of the remaining Gym Leaders that were not revealed during the pre-release trailers:

First up, the one I'm sure you all were eager to see, say hello to our first Dark-type Gym Leader in the series: Piers!

Supposedly, he is Marnie's older brother, at least that's what his bio implies (not to mention he has Team Yell's symbol on his shirt and card).

Next up, the Fairy-type Gym Leader who we knew about since the earliest leaks: Opal!

Her second trainer card shows her with Bede. Maybe they are related (possibly Bede's grandmother)?

Now for another set of Version exclusive Gym Leaders for a given town: the one on the left is Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader. The one on the right is Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader.

They are mother and son respectively, and their bios talk about a complicated relationship between the two of them.

Next, say hello to the Fire-type Gym Leader who we learned his name about since the earliest leaks of the game: Kabu!

Kabu is originally from the Hoenn-region according to his bios.

And last but not certainly not least, here is the really cool-looking Dragon-type Gym Leader: Raihan!

He has a big rivalry with Leon according to his bio. He is also called "the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region," so he is the last Gym Leader you fight in the story.

All of the Gym Leaders also have secondary trainer cards that show other aspects to them. Here are the highlights of those cards:

Yep, Nessa is a model!

This is why I think Opal and Bede are related.

Allister without his mask!

Piers with shorter hair.

You can view all of these Gym Leaders' trainer cards and their bios in this link.

So far, I'm really liking Kabu, Piers, and Raihan from the looks of them. Character-wise, Piers may just be my favorite out of the Galar Gym Leaders so far, at least from reading his bio and the fact he is Marnie's older brother (most likely)/has some sort of affiliation with Team Yell will probably give him some prominence in the story.
Why does Opal remind me of the Queen?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m just waiting for a modder to make a hat without sending the back of the Mii’s head’s polygons to the void, and while giving it a bit of physics. That’s what’s keeping it real.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If I may bring it up here because I haven't seen a post about it on this thread yet...

Here are the pictures of the remaining Gym Leaders that were not revealed during the pre-release trailers:

First up, the one I'm sure you all were eager to see, say hello to our first Dark-type Gym Leader in the series: Piers!

Supposedly, he is Marnie's older brother, at least that's what his bio implies (not to mention he has Team Yell's symbol on his shirt and card).

Next up, the Fairy-type Gym Leader who we knew about since the earliest leaks: Opal!

Her second trainer card shows her with Bede. Maybe they are related (possibly Bede's grandmother)?

Now for another set of Version exclusive Gym Leaders for a given town: the one on the left is Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader. The one on the right is Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader.

They are mother and son respectively, and their bios talk about a complicated relationship between the two of them.

Next, say hello to the Fire-type Gym Leader who we learned his name about since the earliest leaks of the game: Kabu!

And last but not certainly not least, here is the really cool-looking Dragon-type Gym Leader: Raihan!

He has a big rivalry with Leon according to his bio. He is also called "the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region," so he is the last Gym Leader you fight in the story.

All of the Gym Leaders also have secondary trainer cards that show other aspects to them. Here are the highlights of those cards:

Yep, Nessa is a model!

Piers with shorter hair.

You can view all of these Gym Leaders' trainer cards and their bios in this link.

So far, I'm really liking Kabu, Piers, and Raihan from the looks of them. Character-wise, Piers may just be my favorite out of the Galar Gym Leaders so far, at least from reading his bio and the fact he is Marnie's older brother (most likely)/has some sort of affiliation with Team Yell will probably give him some prominence in the story.
Also, short update I wanted to add to this:

Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader, is who you fight in Sword.

Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader, is who you fight in Shield.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im going to say this. While the model is not the same, the fact that someone made a extremely similar model in pretty much a day tells us that its possible someone outside of Nintendo could have made the Mii costumes. Can't say the leak is true or false yet but there's plausibility that it can go either side.
I feel like that was their point. They weren't trying to recreate the leak exactly; just show its plausible to make at all since people were saying that kind of 'fake' was not possible. The fact he made this is roughly a day means the other could have been made just as easily.

D

Deleted member

Yep, Nessa is a model!

Piers with shorter hair.

Opal's nose would make Ganondorf proud.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like that was their point. They weren't trying to recreate the leak exactly; just show its plausible to make at all since people were saying that kind of 'fake' was not possible. The fact he made this is roughly a day means the other could have been made just as easily.
Is there a video of this model in action and moving in Smash Ultimate? Because I've seen what happens when people try to do hat mods with it and it does not look like what we saw in the leak. Helmet mods are different, the head just straight up doesn't load because it isn't needed. But hat mods are different and with the current methods, the game gets bugged to high heaven when it happens.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ngl guys the dabbing Caco really doesn't say much of anything. Of course plenty of talent exists that can make a model of that quality. Nobody disputes that. It's making a model that complex while adhering to Ultimate's hat restrictions that is tricky. I'm impressed by the recreation within a day of the leak's existence, but it really does nothing to rebuke the argument people have made the entire time, which is that it's almost impossible to import a model of that complexity as a mii hat without dev tools.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I am ready for Lord Terry
You made me mind go somewhere strange. If we end up with a Freedy Fazbear mii costume I am blaming you specifically for it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So do you guys think the next DLC fighter(s) will be revealed at the VGA or maybe there might be some mini-Smash direct before announcing them? What do you think?

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Agree, i would be laughing at those who though the leak was real. (I sometimes don't trust the leaks.)
Honestly the only leaks that are even kinda believable to me aren't ever Smash leaks it's pokemon leaks. Cause those games have actual leaks like all the time.

D

Deleted member

WOOOOO
TERRY TOMORROWWWW
Can't wait for the extra 20 minutes of... whatever Sakurai has up his sleeve.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
The Terry presentation being that long, even with Sakurai going off-script, gives me hope that there’s a decent amount of SNK content. It would make sense, King Of Fighters itself is a crossover of multiple series. There’s a lot of possibilities, but I hope his stage includes people like Iori and maybe even slightly lesser-known characters like Ash and Kula.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So do you guys think the next DLC fighter(s) will be revealed at the VGA or maybe there might be some mini-Smash direct before announcing them? What do you think?
At this point, probably the game awards

especially since Ultimate itself is eligible for awards this year, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it's a candidate for best fighting game and possibly even GOTY. So they may wanna bring something to the show.

Last edited:

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
The Terry presentation being that long, even with Sakurai going off-script, gives me hope that there’s a decent amount of SNK content. It would make sense, King Of Fighters itself is a crossover of multiple series. There’s a lot of possibilities, but I hope his stage includes people like Iori and maybe even slightly lesser-known characters like Ash and Kula.
Is there an SNK game for Switch?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly. It’s probably gonna be the VGAs at this point unless they were lying about the Terry presentation (I still think they are).

Based on the leak, I think it would be cute if it started with a Geno trailer near the beginning saying he’ll launch in like, March. And everyone’s happy and thinks it’s over with, and then at the end, boom. Surprise DoomSlayer trailer with like, a December/January release.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I do think about. I don't even know why I get so worked up sometimes. It'll just be supposedly another month so I can wait.

Maybe waiting and boredom just gets to me...

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who isn't really that excited for Terry? Like I don't really care
Same here honestly. He just doesn't interest me, being (going from footage from his games here) basically Ryu 2.0, design-wise.

That's not to say he's a bad addition per say, I just don't like his design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys. Something just came to my attention. Shroob Shroob
Type Null is in the game.

There may be more than 400 Pokemon.

Edit: Didn't realize that it was in the dex already. sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom