• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It makes sense though. Galarian Corsola is likely a reference to the White Cliffs of Dover in the UK, a cliff made entirely out of chalk.
It's probably more likely a reference to bleached coral considering the evolution and typing, a G-rated reflection of our reality.

D

Deleted member

I find it kinda funny how this thread has turned into "Pokemon Leaks 2: Electric Boogaloo and friends" in such a short timespan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's probably more likely a reference to bleached coral considering the evolution and typing, a G-rated reflection of our reality.
I know. That's what chalk is made of. Bleached coral, shells, and various things fossilized in the ocean.

Course, Galarian Corsola could just be a "the earth is dying" Pokemon, but I'm choosing to believe it's an actual reference to a landmark in England. It feels like too much of a coincidence, especially since most of the other Galarian Forms reference the UK.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Think about it though, a lot of major concerns were confirmed not true with these leaks.

Kanto Pandering with Gigantamax? Giga Garbodor. Galarian forms being just Kanto? So far, Stunfisk and Corsola, alongside ZigZagGoon have new Galar forms, with 2 having a new evolution. So... why wouldn't they show these things off

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Think about it though, a lot of major concerns were confirmed not true with these leaks.

Kanto Pandering with Gigantamax? Giga Garbodor. Galarian forms being just Kanto? So far, Stunfisk and Corsola, alongside ZigZagGoon have new Galar forms, with 2 having a new evolution. So... why wouldn't they show these things off
Probably because they were intentionally trying to save a lot of good stuff so people wouldn't be disappointed by the lack of unrevealed content like they were in SuMo.

D

Deleted member

I'm almost certain the reason why they didn't show any of these pokes is because they want to surprise people at launch.

Of course, while that would be a given in 1999, this is 2019 we're talking about, and that kinda marketing strategy just doesn't work anymore.

D

Deleted member

I am still trying to figure out why they would do things that way.

So far, I can only guess they are that bad at marketing games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There's also the fact we know they actually learned from their mistake in the past 5 years of tutorials. Why the **** does all the good news about the game not come from the people telling us to buy the game

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Probably because they were intentionally trying to save a lot of good stuff so people wouldn't be disappointed by the lack of unrevealed content like they were in SuMo.
True, but like, Kanto pandering were major concerns with SuMo as well, with Z Moves and Alolan forms as well. I'm not sayong to reveal everything, but show a little more to say you adress these concerns

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Apparently the foxes' names are Nickit and Thievul respectively

That's it, the Disney nut inside me is naming it Nickit Wilde. Too good to pass up

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I need to know which Pokemon are exclusive to each version before I put a pre-order down for my copy.

Have the leakers mentioned anything about this?

D

Deleted member

There's also the fact we know they actually learned from their mistake in the past 5 years of tutorials. Why the **** does all the good news about the game not come from the people telling us to buy the game
Companies need to learn how to do better marketing.

I say this as a Dragon Quest fan.

85CEC51E-1AF1-4D85-8DE3-6421A3DAE317.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the Hazbin Hotel pilot for the second time.

It's not bad but the characters and animation quality are simply fantastic.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Is that fire centipede the reigional bug (like Vikivolt or Butterfree) or closer to something like Pinsir or Heracross? I just want a yes or no, don't tell me what the actual one is if it isn't
Poor Corsola. I really like the concept, might put it on my team. I really hope they make a "Johtonian Cursola"., because I have a shiny that I'd really like to be able to use.
Also baby dreadnaw. I hope it evolves quick.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is that fire centipede the reigional bug (like Vikivolt or Butterfree) or closer to something like Pinsir or Heracross? I just want a yes or no, don't tell me what the actual one is if it isn't
Probably not. There's a three-stage Pokemon based off a...
Ladybug

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot damn Dragon Quest XI just went hardcore as ****

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Really hope we got another regional cat, aside from galarian meowth/whatever it's evo is

The usually have some adorable designs.

the first stages at least, the second ones normally drop off a bit

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Watched the Hazbin Hotel pilot for the second time.

It's not bad but the characters and animation quality are simply fantastic.
I watched the pilot back during Halloween, loved the animation in it too.

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised Impidimps final evolution went the way it did. Based on how skinny the Pokemon is, I thought it would end up being a special attacker with good speed and the prankster ability. Never thought for one second it'd turn into a behemoth like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom