• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Uh, hi Mr Snakey Mr Snakey , you probably don't recognize me , due to changing my username and all(Red Hunter X sound familiar?), and it's probably a bit late for this, but I just wanted to say it's nice to see you again here.
Ahh no I remember you! I want to sayyy your user name before red hunter X was Mao? Something like that? CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, AH.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are we doing Sonic hot takes?

Colors is overrated.
Unleashed was fine. Yes, I liked the nighttime parts.
Secret Rings and Black Knight has underrated writings if nothing else.
Sonic Mania should've included Amy.
"2D Sonic good, 3D Sonic bad" isn't a hot take.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ahh no I remember you! I want to sayyy your user name before red hunter X was Mao? Something like that? CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, AH.
You're right, don't worry.:p

Been some time since I heard that name, but now, I'm the Walrus, I'm the Eggman and I'm the Mastermind!

D

Deleted member

Sonic hot takes:

-Sonic games suck unless you actively get better at them through multiple playthroughs.
-Rouge is hot

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Non video game characters I would definitely pick spongebob first, even though he’s from a cartoon you can’t deny battle for bikini bottom is a great and beloved game.
If I was picking non-game characters, the top 3 would be Goku (because memes), James Bond (because Goldeneye Multiplayer is a staple of N64 fans childhoods, and Scrooge McDuck (protagonist of the only licensed NES game that’s considered enough of a classic that it got a spiritual successor). Beyond that, next up would be Popeye (without whom we’d never have Mario), Doraemon (the only non-game character to rank on Sakurai’s mail-in Smash 64 ballot), and Turok (because the N64 has so few new IPs, it’s remembered as a cult classic, and everyone remembers it more for the game then the comics).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can you build me a robot that make me less dum
Wow, I may be a genius, but I'm not THAT inteliggent.

Here is that instead.
hugghost.gif

Less expensive and make you feel good faster, that, and it's appropriate for today.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
chances for nintendo teasing terry on twitter have come and gone today (2PM GMT) - looks like we'll get him next week

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If I was picking non-game characters, the top 3 would be Goku (because memes), James Bond (because Goldeneye Multiplayer is a staple of N64 fans childhoods, and Scrooge McDuck (protagonist of the only licensed NES game that’s considered enough of a classic that it got a spiritual successor). Beyond that, next up would be Popeye (without whom we’d never have Mario), Doraemon (the only non-game character to rank on Sakurai’s mail-in Smash 64 ballot), and Turok (because the N64 has so few new IPs, it’s remembered as a cult classic, and everyone remembers it more for the game then the comics).
I think you could also argue Spider-Man for this too.

Speaking of Ducktales, I wonder what a new game based off the reboot show would be like?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
sonic hot takes

- 3d Sonic when done right, is usually better than 2d Sonic
-in a similar fashion, modern sonic's design is leagues better than classic sonic's

My pms are open for civil (or not so civil) criticism

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think you could also argue Spider-Man for this too.

Speaking of Ducktales, I wonder what a new game based off the reboot show would be like?
How can you argue this for Spider-Man?

It’s gotta be a unique adventure based off of the current show. Maybe taking scenarios from the classic game and putting new twists on them. You’ve also gotta be able to play as Donald and Della.

Also, bonus Darkwing Duck campaign like how Shantae has Risky Mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonic hot takes?
I rather like Big and don't mind his gameeplay (him only having 4 stages and being voiced by Duke Nukem certainly helps, though).
Generations is mediocre
I don't mind blue arms Sonic
I absolutely can't stand Sonic CD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hot takes:

-You can't have a hot take when it come to Sonic, because any small, big, hot or chill take you might have is probably a hot take anyway due to how broken the Sonic fanbase is, and if everyone as a hot take, then what's the point?

-Knuckles doesn't chuckles

Last edited:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Hot takes
- The Good 3d games blow the 2d games out of the water entirely
- Sonic has a bad design
- Music is sometimes lackluster.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sonic hot takes
  • Sonic Generations 2D gameplay is better then Sonic Mania and Mania should have either had Shantae style cartoon graphics, or 3D graphics with 2D gameplay.
  • The genesis games really aren’t that good and could use remakes
  • Blue arms and two eyes should be the future of Sonic character design.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Happy Halloween everyone! The time where the ghouls come out, the ghosts appear to scare you and the vampires come to suck your blood! Best get your candy ready for them if you want to be safe!.....What? Yeah, I see the door to my left. Again, Happy Halloween, everyone!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sonic hot takes:

• Classic Sonic should be retired.
  • Sonic Advance 2 is trash.
  • Sonic R is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom