• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I see.

Look. I understand where you are coming from. But I don't want us to say the phrase "Mortal Kombat is banned" unless CERO specifically weighs in on the series specifically.

Saying "Mortal Kombat is banned" paints a certain picture. It means that the game canot come into the country, the police will remove any copies of it they find and destory them, and nobody would know about the IP. But the previous installment actually was released there. People know about it and it probably has fans. Fans it wouldn't have if the franchise was banned.
You literally could have just said MK10 was released in Japan (instead of doing some crazy semantics argument) if you wanted to correct the generality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Necrozma is so badass.

And then it becomes essentially a god when it's absorbed enough light which is cool because black absorbs the colors of the light spectrum for one, and a dark character needing light to ascend in power? Rarely see that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Necrozma is so badass.

And then it becomes essentially a god when it's absorbed enough light which is cool because black absorbs the colors of the light spectrum for one, and a dark character needing light to ascend in power? Rarely see that.
His boss fight was like, the only good thing about the Ultra games.

That and Poipole.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You literally could have just said MK10 was released in Japan (instead of doing some crazy semantics argument) if you wanted to correct the generality.
Tbh it's my fault for being so general. Sorry SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I should have been more clear. MK11 is banned.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On the other hand, I dunno if they’ll be as close to the plot as Solgaleo/Lunala.

As in, I dunno if we’ll have another Nebby situation.
Nebby was sort of cheating, since it can carry the story for both Solgaleo and Lunala up until it evolves.

But I think they'll at least be close. There's a statue of a human knight in the hotel Marnie, Hop, and the player are staying at that has Zacian's sword and two long stands of hair similar to the red strands of fur coming from Zacian's head, so there definitely seems to be at least a little lore to these two.

D

Deleted member

Hehe. Stab. Pokemon Sword.

Okay so now here's a completely on-topic a c i d t r i p .

By the same person who made the quagmire video. Don't ask me how I come across all of this.

G I V E M E M O R E I N E E D M O R E I W A N T M O R E I N E E D M O R E I W A N T M O R E I N E E D M O R E I W A N T M O R E

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nebby was sort of cheating, since it can carry the story for both Solgaleo and Lunala up until it evolves.

But I think they'll at least be close. There's a statue of a human knight in the hotel Marnie, Hop, and the player are staying at that has Zacian's sword and two long stands of hair similar to the red strands of fur coming from Zacian's head, so there definitely seems to be at least a little lore to these two.
I wonder what the lore will even be for them.

Maybe they once helped protect Galar from a threat (Eternatus) ages ago and have since became legends?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wonder what the lore will even be for them.

Maybe they once helped protect Galar from a threat (Eternatus) ages ago and have since became legends?
If Game Freak really wanted to go deep, they could've once been humans who protected Galar centuries ago and were reincarnated as immortal Pokemon after a a great evil swore to return after being beaten by them.

Better than what I'm expecting - they've always existed and they're waiting for Eternatus to return.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If Game Freak really wanted to go deep, they could've once been humans who protected Galar centuries ago and were reincarnated as immortal Pokemon after a a great evil swore to return after being beaten by them.

Better than what I'm expecting - they've always existed and they're waiting for Eternatus to return.
Pokémon Link & Zelda

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I legitimately like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. I don’t necessarily think i’d want a sequel over another classic Banjo game.... but idk, maybe if they made it more clearly and distinctly a spin-off. Like, kind of what Crash Tag Team Racing tried to do. With platforming levels in addition to racetracks. Maybe bring in some other Rare characters. Have the Nuts and Bolts gameplay be “story mode” and weave the traditional kart racing tracks among them.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I only like Link x Zelda if it's a slowburn.

Skyward Sword and Wind Waker were fun in that regard.

Anyways looking forward to loterally anything more on BotW 2 at this point

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see.

Look. I understand where you are coming from. But I don't want us to say the phrase "Mortal Kombat is banned" unless CERO specifically weighs in on the series specifically.

Saying "Mortal Kombat is banned" paints a certain picture. It means that the game canot come into the country, the police will remove any copies of it they find and destory them, and nobody would know about the IP. But the previous installment actually was released there. People know about it and it probably has fans. Fans it wouldn't have if the franchise was banned.
I mean from what I can see it's no different from how AO games are treated here in the States. General retailers aren't allowed to sell AO games or refuse to do so, effectively working the same way as a soft ban. MK11 in its current state can't be sold in Japan, so unless changes are made it's effectively banned. And because they won't make the changes (likely due to low returns in the region) they aren't allowed to sell it there.

Something being banned from sale doesn't make it illegal to own it.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Watch us get nothing until E3 next year, with a 2021 release.

I’m keeping my expectations low.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Unlike Groudon/Kyogre and Reshiram/Zekrom, I don't think these box Legendaries have any sort of serious rivalry with each other, so I doubt the story will involve these two fighting.

I also don't think they'll just randomly be thrown in, like Xerneus/Ylveltal. I'd like to think Game Freak won't repeat that disappointment.
The leak referred to the boxart legendaries as if they are one Pokémon, mentioning a singular wolf Pokémon that had a shield mane in Shield and a sword in its mouth like Sif in Sword, and that Pokémon goes up against Eternatus.
I took that as the boxart legendaries being one in the same in a way, filling the same role, just for the different games’ worlds.

Basically, Zacian simply doesn’t exist in the world of Pokémon Shield, and Zamazenta doesnt exist in the world of Pokémon Sword.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new Sword and Shield trailer looks great!!
About time we got Galatians quagsire
Chairman Rose is doin some evil crap, and he’s got Bede in the running for the league. If Bede wins Rose will have a direct line to the champion, and the champion has influence over the whole region. He can do...whatever it is he wants to do. But Bede’s got ulterior motives. He’s gonna beat the champion and overthrow Rose, ruling supreme.

Team Yell are actually good guys. Marnie and Team Yell wanna stop Rose and his shenanigans so she’s gonna be the champion and stop him. The yell boys will make sure she wins no matter what, to stop Rose.

Hop just wants to beat his brother and isn’t very important.

Zacian/Zamazenta sit in a cave and wait for you to find em.
But Leon is in roses pocket anyway. Rose started his journey and funds Leon as the champion.

My predictions:

Rose is rigging leon’a Matches, Leon or hop don’t know. He’s also their dad.

Oleana wants to seize control of the league and capture eternaus. Bebe is her son and just wants to win, unaware of his mother‘S true intentions. Taking a page out rose’s book oleana rigs bebe’s matches.

Hop fights Leon at some point with you to save Leon from their dad. Oleana swoops in and causes **** to go down.

Team yell are actually members of the royal guard disguised as fanboys. They are out to protect marnie the queens daughter who has a connection to the box legends due to her ancestors having close bonds with them in the past. She will help you track the legend down to save the region.
The frick is an Eternatus
It’s from the Aflac leak. It’s described as the evil third legend.

We have no idea what it is besides that though. People are speculating it’s going to be the giant on the hill art work though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword probably did it the best.

Breath of the Wild seems to have done a damn fine job with it, too.

Zelda II ends with it pretty much being official simply because of that off-screen kiss (to be fair, it was an early entry with 8bit graphics on a much weaker game engine, so it's not like there was much they could do for storytelling and characterization this time around, outside of the game manual).

A handful of other games have grounds for it to happen, but they're also usually the same games that tease potential relationships between Link and other women besides Zelda.

Wind Waker also did it great. Link X Tetra is my OTP and I meant that sincerely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom