• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've been busy these pass few days hence my lack of absence. What I been missing while gone? Anything Smash related regarding DLC?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That's definitely Sirfetch'd blurred and rotated sideways. Nice!

Can't wait to see how it will compare to Madame (the scrapped Farfetch'd evolution in the Gold/Silver Spaceworld prototype).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sakurai shoots down all non gaming characters. If you wanted goku, or ironman, or spongebob, he has offically said no.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On top of thinking Doom Slayer is the 5th and final character of this Season Pass. Here's how I think he'll be revealed and released.

Terry releases in November so that's when Doom Slayer gets revealed in response to Doom Eternal.

Then he's revealed to be released at the VGA much to everyone's surprise coming out really early.

D

Deleted member

A huge number of people around Discord do strongly believe that Doomguy is close to being a lock.

And while I do feel he has a lot of stuff going for him, I wouldn't fully count on that right now.

As someone who used to think like that regarding the idea of Shadow as an echo fighter, I can say that aplying that mentallity can go way completely wrong too easily if you don't take enough care.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A huge number of people around Discord do strongly believe that Doomguy is close to being a lock.

And while I do feel he has a lot of stuff going for him, I wouldn't fully count on that right now.

As someone who used to think like that regarding the idea of Shadow as an echo fighter, I can say that aplying that mentallity can go way completely wrong too easily if you don't take enough care.
By no means though I'm considering him a lock. I do admit at that possibility of being wrong but for the sake of it I'm throwing that bone in and taking the risk with that prediction.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why.

Why should Goku be an sole exception just because popularity? Does that mean Batman, Spongebob or Shrek should get in too then because they're popular and people asks for them too? What does he have going for him that makes him an exception from those others? I'll never understand this at all...

I said it before but reason I'm against Goku's inclusion is because it'll open the flood gates and more of the reason for people to ask those characters as well.

Leave Smash as gaming characters. Its celebrating gaming. Not characters outside of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one fan rule that actually holds merit these days is that it has to be a video game character. Sakurai seems to be intent of putting video game franchises in Smash. It's not about licensing, relevancy, or whether they can function in Smash at that point. It is literally out of preference for what Smash is, which is not a good thing to fight against.

Closest thing I see to this being ignored is if Sora brings Mickey, Donald, and Goofy with him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The one fan rule that actually holds merit these days is that it has to be a video game character. Sakurai seems to be intent of putting video game franchises in Smash. It's not about licensing, relevancy, or whether they can function in Smash at that point. It is literally out of preference for what Smash is, which is not a good thing to fight against.

Closest thing I see to this being ignored is if Sora brings Mickey, Donald, and Goofy with him.
Even then that's not the Mickey, Donald and Goofy we all know especially the former being "King" Mickey.

D

Deleted member

Even then that's not the Mickey, Donald and Goofy we all know especially the former being "King" Mickey.
It's still Mickey. No need to be specific about it. Like Mike Tyson in Punch Out is totally a fictitious representation of the man, but the entire point of the advertising was that you were fighting Mike Tyson.

D

Deleted member

I reaply hope Sirfetch'd looks like an actual knight but more importantly: make it actually useful

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Is it really a fan rule when it's constantly been said by the main man himself?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just came across this wicked fanart from the trilogy that's my favorite movies ever of all time.

The fact outside of the kaiju fandom almost no one watches the Heisei Gamera Trilogy is a crime. These are definitely movies kaiju fan or not one should watch before he/she dies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I had lots of strange dreams last night. One of them, the only thing I remember from it is saying “I might have accidentally insulted his rapping and now Thanos is coming here to kill me!”

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, if the leaks are right, Scorbunny becoming pure Fighting? That's totally unprecedented and I hope it doesn't happen but at this point the leak's been proven mostly true so it may look like I'll have to accept it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Everyone else adores it but it just made you super depressed?

That’s literally the only context I had for that movie.
It didn't make me depressed actually. I found the movie underwhelming which had a boring 2 hours until being saved by the third act and final battle.

It: Chapter Two on the other hand which is probably my most disappointing film this year alongside Brightburn. I'll admit at least Avengers: Endgame had something going for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom