• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It didn't make me depressed actually. I found the movie underwhelming which had a boring 2 hours until being saved by the third act and final battle.

It: Chapter Two on the other hand which is probably my most disappointing film this year alongside Brightburn. I'll admit at least Avengers: Endgame had something going for it.
Why was It disappointing?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I had lots of strange dreams last night. One of them, the only thing I remember from it is saying “I might have accidentally insulted his rapping and now Thanos is coming here to kill me!”
Don’t worry. I have had lots of strange dreams myself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thought it was Avengers: Endgame.
Right.

Yeah.

I can get behind that perspective. I still don’t know why thy hype moments in that movie just didn’t work on me.

For a long time, I guess, I was a huge fan of the Marvel movies cause they were, like, the only option for Superhero movies. But now that DC (my preferred company) is doing really well with their films, I guess I just can’t get into Marvel movies and characters anymore.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It didn't make me depressed actually. I found the movie underwhelming which had a boring 2 hours until being saved by the third act and final battle.

It: Chapter Two on the other hand which is probably my most disappointing film this year alongside Brightburn. I'll admit at least Avengers: Endgame had something going for it.
I just saw IT 2 last night, I really enjoyed it.

D

Deleted member

I still think Hello Kitty's happening and I'll believe it until we know who the last DLC is

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why was It disappointing?
In comparison to the first film it which was scary. This one just felt too humorous in comparisons. Out of place humor which made its tone inconsistent such as

-Upbeat music briefly playing when Eddie gets puked on by the leper.
-Too many **** jokes
-Doctor masturbating in the corner when Eddie comes to pick up his prescription. What the **** was the point of that scene? Was it suppose to represent something? Otherwise why was it added?
-Henry being more funny then actually being scary especially when after stabbing Eddie in the cheek they both begin laughing at each other.

I swear I felt like I was watching an MCU movie. It didn't know which tone to pick at times. Also wasn't a fan of the spider form. Also

I wish like in the It 90's mini-series upon Mike calling the others each of them reflected back to their traumatic experiences with It (Pennywise) Stan especially. Its like once Stan found out he just killed himself right away rather then reflecting back to the time when the painted lady had her mouth over his face and slowly began to mentally lose it inside. I wish that would had taken time.

Plus Beverly's abusive husband wasn't used like in the book. Wish that would had happened.

The first part may of had some out of place moments like the rock music playing during the rock fight but at least in comparison it was scary and felt like an horror film.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apple may be way too expensive to the point each phone or product they reveal is meme material.

But I dare to say that their new service for mobile games does surprisingly surpass Stadia just for doing good choices such as offering non-streamed games which makes delayed inputs not a thing or lack of microtransactions through it.

I don’t know if it will make the mobile market get treated more seriously, but it seems to be the start of a positive evolution.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, Eddie is the one with gay subtext, right? Maybe the doctor masturbating represents temptation? Or it's an ironic display of someone who's supposed to "treat you" and "fix" you actually feeding into those darkwr desires and being repugnant?

I dunno. I mean that's just if you psychoanalyse **** which is something I tend to do on a daily basis from thinking too much.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Sakurai's latest words just confirmed a suspicion I had. If Sora ever gets in Smash he would never have any references to any of the Disney worlds or characters. This kind of kills my excitement for Sora. If you're not gonna go all out with a character inclusion then why bother?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai's latest words just confirmed a suspicion I had. If Sora ever gets in Smash he would never have any references to any of the Disney worlds or characters. This kind of kills my excitement for Sora. If you're not gonna go all out with a character inclusion then why bother?
Yeah. That’s kind of the point of him.

D

Deleted member

They can totally do stuff with Riku, Kairi, and Org 13, but I agree. Disney and Final Fantasy kind of sell the point of Kingdom Hearts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Right.

Yeah.

I can get behind that perspective. I still don’t know why thy hype moments in that movie just didn’t work on me.

For a long time, I guess, I was a huge fan of the Marvel movies cause they were, like, the only option for Superhero movies. But now that DC (my preferred company) is doing really well with their films, I guess I just can’t get into Marvel movies and characters anymore.
Anyways when I said to me Gamera 3 is my Avengers: Endgame I meant as in its to me my kind of finale movie. Not sure if I worded that exactly right but you probably get what I mean.

D

Deleted member

I am one of those people who feel Sora could work without the Disney content.

For stages we still have Destiny’s islands, Hollow Bastion, Twilight Town or even the Keyblade Cementery and for spirits we would have many of the KH original characters available for that regard potentially alongside a few FF characters. The thing about the Mickey keychain can easily be replace by a heart one and the highly suggested final smash with Donald and Goofy could actually be done with Aqua, Riku and/or Kairi too.

KH may be a crossover with Disney, but Sora does have the stuff to work without all of that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

For stages we still have Destiny’s islands, Hollow Bastion, Twilight Town or even the Keyblade Cementery and for spirits we would have many of the KH original characters available for that regard potentially alongside a few FF characters. The thing about the Mickey keychain can easily be replace by a heart one and the highly suggested final smash with Donald and Goofy could actually be done with Aqua, Riku and/or Kairi too.

KH may be a crossover with Disney, but Sora does have the stuff to work without all of that.
Yeah but you’re forgetting that there are a lot of fans like me where the disney stuff is a huge reason we like Kingdom Hearts, and by extension Sora.

He COULD have a finally Smash with Aqua and Riku, but I like Donald and Goofy, and have literally zero attachment to Aqua and Riku. I don’t think I’m alone in that boat.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

No one is saying Sora can't work without the Disney content, it's just that the Disney content is part of what made Kingdom Hearts special. If it's gone then what makes the series interesting goes with it. Without Disney content Kingdom Hearts is just another JRPG story about light and darkness and whatever.

Disney is the main reason I was interested in Kingdom Hearts, if they're not gonna represent it then Sora's inclusion would be a real disappointment to me.

D

Deleted member

MY ENGLISH TEACHER IS READING A WARRIOR CATS BOOK I HAVEN'T READ YET OUT LOUD
****ING SPOILERS **** **** ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I pretty much concluded my top 11 least favorite/worst/disappointing films of 2019. I know some of these picks might sound controversial or unpopular but remember in the end its my opinion and don't try to argue with me about it.

1. Captain Marvel
2. Pet Sematary
3. Brightburn
4. Glass
5. It: Chapter Two
6. 47 Meters Down: Uncaged (Only enjoyable if you like shark movies and sucker for killer animal flicks like myself)
7. Hellboy (Only worth watching if you want to have stupid fun)
8. Cold Pursuit
9. Escape Room
10. Avengers: Endgame (Two hours of boringness saved by the third act and final battle)
11. Ready or Not (Only really because of the climax and ending otherwise I enjoyed it through)

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A huge number of people around Discord do strongly believe that Doomguy is close to being a lock.

And while I do feel he has a lot of stuff going for him, I wouldn't fully count on that right now.

As someone who used to think like that regarding the idea of Shadow as an echo fighter, I can say that aplying that mentallity can go way completely wrong too easily if you don't take enough care.
Doomguy has been considered a lock since last November I almost think he wont make it just because of that.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Pretty sure i am the oldest on this board.

Doomguy has been considered a lock since last November I almost think he wont make it just because of that.
Doomguy us just a meme at this point. He is so much not smash, that people want him.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Looking back at all those times you folks here have came up with Smash Bros. actor/voice actor casts, I've been trying to conceptualize an Undertale voice cast lately. I'm not planning any kind of project or anything, it's not even anything important. .It's just something entirely theoretical that I felt like doing, just for a bit of fun.

Anyone curious? I'm also open to hearing suggestions since it's definitely far from complete lol.
A voice cast for Undertale? Ooooo yes, I'm getting proper into this. We'll do main characters for now, which includes Frisk and boss monsters (and Alphys):

Frisk: Lani Minella
Asriel/Flowey: Brittany Karbowski
Sans: Todd Haberkorn
Toriel: Lydia Marie Mackay
Papyrus: Ben Diskin
Undyne: Grey DeLisle
Alphys: Colleen Villard
Muffet: Hellena Taylor
Mettaton: Chris Tucker
Asgore: James Earl Jones

D

Deleted member

A voice cast for Undertale? Ooooo yes, I'm getting proper into this. We'll do main characters for now, which includes Frisk and boss monsters (and Alphys):

Frisk: Lani Minella
Asriel/Flowey: Brittany Karbowski
Sans: Todd Haberkorn
Toriel: Lydia Marie Mackay
Papyrus: Ben Diskin
Undyne: Grey DeLisle
Alphys: Colleen Villard
Muffet: Hellena Taylor
Mettaton: Chris Tucker
Asgore: James Earl Jones
I think Rhona Rees would work better as Alphys
Or maybe I just have bias
great choice for Papyrus tho

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not according to KHIII

ALSO Y'ALL MAY GUILTY GEAR FINALLY GREW UP AND SHE'S ADORABLE
Read KHIII as KHill and was wondering what the **** King of the Hill had to do with anything
Pretty sure i am the oldest on this board.

Doomguy us just a meme at this point. He is so much not smash, that people want him.
Genuine video game characters being called a meme pick has to stop.

Phoenix Wright, Doomguy, Waluigi, Sans, and whatever have been called meme picks by different people here when none of them are. Sans and Waluigi do get a lot of memes for their person, but that comes from a good place rather than ironic interest.

Doomguy is mentioned because people have more reason to believe he has a shot now compared to past games, and nearly every Doom game in existence being on Switch adds to his visibility.

I also think Doom has mechanics that can easily be toned down for Smash. It is not at Mortal Kombat level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom