• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ugh

I wanna play Banjo Kazooie so bad.

But the only consoles I own are the Gamecube, Wii, Modded Wii, Wii U, Switch, and the 3DS.

And I can't really afford to buy a N64 or XBox.

:(
Don’t worry. It’s only a matter of time before Rare Replay comes to the Switch.

Though I imagine it probably won’t happen till after project Scarlett is firmly on its feet.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
Ugh

I wanna play Banjo Kazooie so bad.

But the only consoles I own are the Gamecube, Wii, Modded Wii, Wii U, Switch, and the 3DS.

And I can't really afford to buy a N64 or XBox.

:(
Yeah I'm in the same boat. The series was unfortunately about 5 years before my time, so I never got a chance to play the games at all. If they're ever ported to a Nintendo console though, that's an instant buy from me for sure.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. I’ve been predicting Spyro in Smash ever since DK and Bowser were added to Skylanders. I thought it would be a “you scratch my back, I scratch yours” type thing. I mean, Skylanders was HUGE. So if the Skylanders version of Spyro made it into Smash back then, I wouldn’t have been surprised.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. The series was unfortunately about 5 years before my time, so I never got a chance to play the games at all. If they're ever ported to a Nintendo console though, that's an instant buy from me for sure.
Or you could just play them right now. On Xbox. Just like Sakurai told you to.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Or you could just play them right now. On Xbox. Just like Sakurai told you to.
That makes me wonder. I often hear about the partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft but it only really applied in NINTENDO'S benefit. This seems like the only instance of it in MICROSOFT'S benefit... :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This man legit got my hopes up for a split second, and then shattered them haha. That was about the only time that I wished I had an xbox.
I bought my Xbox for KI2013. Then I got Rare Replay. And then... I made a vow to buy all my multi-platform games for it because otherwise the purchase wasn’t justified. PS4 was for all of playstation’s delicious IPs. Switch is for Smash. Xbox is for everything else.

Literally. I didn’t even entertain the idea of the Switch until a Smash was announced.

That makes me wonder. I often hear about the partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft but it only really applied in NINTENDO'S benefit. This seems like the only instance of it in MICROSOFT'S benefit... :yoshi:
Reminds me of my crazy theory from the pre-Switch days. I legit thought that “NX” stood for “Nintendo Xbox” and that Nintendo was gonna abandon hardware and develop exclusively for the Xbox One.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Found this on Facebook. I’d be content with this outcome.

View attachment 237561
Really all it’s missing is Geno.
And Isaac but we don't even know if Assists can be upgraded or not at this point so eh.

Yeah it's pretty much missing only Geno so I'd get rid of someone like Saber or Travis. Plus I'm surprised at the lack of Spirit upgrades or any upgrade for that matter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And Isaac but we don't even know if Assists can be upgraded or not at this point so eh.

Yeah it's pretty much missing only Geno so I'd get rid of someone like Saber or Travis. Plus I'm surprised at the lack of Spirit upgrades or any upgrade for that matter.
-remove Travis, a third party exclusive to Nintendo and who if the ballot existed in brawl, would be that games bayo?

Yeah no...

The first one to go from there should be the character from a gachca mobile game.

After that I’d say reimu Dante, Sora( and this is a huge Sora fan speaking but Disney...) and sol bad guy and heihachi honestly probably don’t stand any chance imo.

Travis would make a lot of sense though and fits great

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Couldn't sleep, so I decided to try super kirby clash.

My results?

It lagged worse than Ssbu.

Like, it was a 2:30 minute match and it took 5 minutes to get through 30 seconds.

Goodness.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Who is Saber though?
From Fate/Stay Night, which is a video game. Also appears in Fate/Grand Order.

Basically, the Fate series has been super super popular in Japan for a long time now and Saber has been one of the most popular Female characters to the point where in most Japanese polls regarding anime, she is almost always in the Top 3. Also, thanks to Grand Order, which is also popular in the West, the Fate series is one of the highest grossing video game franchises, surpassing Legend of Zelda and almost passing Skylanders.
The first one to go from there should be the character from a gachca mobile game.
Don't know who you're talking, as all those characters originated from regular video games, including Saber, as Fate/Stay Night is a non-Gacha game. Oh, you're talking about Terry from KOF'98 UM OL. Yeah, him first. :troll:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
From Fate/Stay Night, which is a video game. Also appears in Fate/Grand Order.

Basically, the Fate series has been super super popular in Japan for a long time now and Saber has been one of the most popular Female characters to the point where in most Japanese polls regarding anime, she is almost always in the Top 3. Also, thanks to Grand Order, which is also popular in the West, the Fate series is one of the highest grossing video game franchises, surpassing Legend of Zelda and almost passing Skylanders.

Don't know who you're talking, as all those characters originated from regular video games, including Saber, as Fate/Stay Night is a non-Gacha game. Oh, you're talking about Terry from KOF'98 UM OL. Yeah, him first. :troll:
Is FGO 'that' popular here?

From the 'livestreams' I've tuned into, it's literally two guys sitting at a desk in from of a blank background, feels like 0 budget for the west.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
-remove Travis, a third party exclusive to Nintendo and who if the ballot existed in brawl, would be that games bayo?

Yeah no...

After that I’d say reimu Dante, Sora( and this is a huge Sora fan speaking but Disney...) and sol bad guy and heihachi honestly probably don’t stand any chance imo.

Bro Sol is the only dark skinned dude there and you want him gone? Smh

D

Deleted member

You gotta be ****ting me.mp3
Hey I just don't know enough about those two to really feel that they stand out compared to the rest of the choices:

-Ryu Hayabusa is the last of the 3rd party characters that were really important and stand out for Nintendo during the NES era (Ex: Mega Man and Simon)
-Doom Slayer/Doom Guy is the grandfather of all FPS'.
-Sora is the main protagonist of one of the biggest Playstation 2-era franchises and Square's third biggest franchise.
-Heihachi is from one of the biggest fighting game franchises and Sakurai already considered making him a character, Why not go all out and make that into a reality.
-2B well, I don't really get her myself but Nier:Automata is apparently one of the best games from recent years and a lot of people want her in Smash (Like Joker).
-Dante is from one of Capcom's premier franchises and their biggest/only(?) Hack and Slash franchise.
-Reimu and Touhou are mega popular in Japan and is one of the biggest indie franchises overall.
-Crash Bandicoot is loved everywhere and is super iconic plus it would be really cool to make a "Nintendo vs Sega vs Microsoft vs Sony" match.
-Sol Badguy just looks super unique and interesting compared to most other potential fighting game characters and he stands out more than Saber or Travis to me.

Nothing wrong with Travis or Saber I would just prefer those other characters over them and I don't really know enough about them to say "Yeah they're more important than Doom Guy/Sora/Dante/Crash."

Yeah no...

Hey I wouldn't not like Travis I think he could be cool I would just put other characters before him but I'm not Sakurai for all I know he could think the exact opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
2019-09-08 (2).png
2019-09-08 (23).png

Napple Tale on the Dreamcast translation pretty much feels almost complete
Playing through it rn and its cute

Nice to have another obscure japanese only Sega IP translated

D

Deleted member

Confession time: I hated Banjo-Kazooie when I was a kid, due to how scary it was with 3d games being all new and such. I do kinda miss it though and feel like giving it another try. I could get it for the 360, but after trying the demo, it just feels wrong not playing on a N64.

Are you sure about that?
Heroes Paradise (PS3, 360 (2010, 2011)
World Ranker Mobile) (2012)
Travis Strikes Again - Complete Edition (PC, PS4) (2019)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Confession time: I hated Banjo-Kazooie when I was a kid, due to how scary it was with 3d games being all new and such. I do kinda miss it though and feel like giving it another try. I could get it for the 360, but after trying the demo, it just feels wrong not playing on a N64.

Are you sure about that?
ZS is wrong about NMH being an exclusice franchise but Suda DOES believe NMH fits Nintendo best

D

Deleted member

I know it might feel wrong but the Xbox Arcade re-releases are just objectively better than the N64 versions in every way. The improved framerates and the QoL changes like not having to recollect notes on death in Kazooie and the updated first-person aiming in Tooie are just too good to ever go back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is FGO 'that' popular here?

From the 'livestreams' I've tuned into, it's literally two guys sitting at a desk in from of a blank background, feels like 0 budget for the west.
Yeah, it's a really small team handling the localisation for Grand Order and news and whatnot.

That said, while the West version of Grand Order has been on the Top 10 Grossing lists quite alot(and expect it to rise again as a very powerful character gameplay-wise is about to come back for Summoning) and has 1M+ downloads, but there's also people over here on the JP version due to either being on it already or due to the JP version being 2 years ahead of the West in terms of content. So to determine popularity by number of West downloads wouldn't be accurate.

But considering how much it was being asked to come over to the West, it certainly has a good amount of popularity over here as the demand was enough to bring the game over here.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it's a really small team handling the localisation for Grand Order and news and whatnot.

That said, while the West version of Grand Order has been on the Top 10 Grossing lists quite alot(and expect it to rise again as a very powerful character gameplay-wise is about to come back for Summoning) and has 1M+ downloads, but there's also people over here on the JP version due to either being on it already or due to the JP version being 2 years ahead of the West in terms of content. So to determine popularity by number of West downloads wouldn't be accurate.

But considering how much it was being asked to come over to the West, it certainly has a good amount of popularity over here as the demand was enough to bring the game over here.
Ah yes.

The uber powerful support that people have been waiting for.

Osakabe-hime

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bro Sol is the only dark skinned dude there and you want him gone? Smh
If you want a dark skinned character there’s always other options. Beside their color wasn’t why I dismissed them although I’m sure your joking anyway. It was in terms of likelyness.

Are you sure about that?
Spinoffs sure, but I meant the main attractions for the series, 1 and 2 were Nintendo only.

Also Travis Strikes again is still a switch title. With NMH3 coming I’d be pretty surprised if it goes cross platform.

The point is the brand as a whole is pretty heavily associated with Nintendo. It’s like if you tried to argue Ace Attorney as a whole is not a Nintendo Staple for the most part. Yeah it has ports on phones and just now other consoles, but the main focus has always put them on Nintendo and the series was exclusive console wise to the system for quite some time

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you want a dark skinned character there’s always other options. Beside their color wasn’t why I dismissed them although I’m sure your joking anyway. It was in terms of likelyness.

Spinoffs sure, but I meant the main attractions for the series, 1 and 2 were Nintendo only.

Also Travis Strikes again is still a switch title. With NMH3 coming I’d be pretty surprised if it goes cross platform.

The point is the brand as a whole is pretty heavily associated with Nintendo. It’s like if you tried to argue Ace Attorney as a whole is not a Nintendo Staple for the most part. Yeah it has ports on phones and just now other consoles, but the main focus has always put them on Nintendo and the series was exclusive console wise to the system for quite some time
Heroes Paradise was a port of the first gane. A ****ty port mind you but still

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, thanks to Grand Order, which is also popular in the West, the Fate series is one of the highest grossing video game franchises, surpassing Legend of Zelda and almost passing Skylanders.

How much money it earns is also a really inaccurate way to judge its popularity though, gacha games are monetized like slot machines on steroids.

A lot of the money comes from a small number of people who either have a ton of money to burn or have poor impulse control (and possibly gambling addictions).

It's a really shady system.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Couldn't sleep, so I decided to try super kirby clash.

My results?

It lagged worse than Ssbu.

Like, it was a 2:30 minute match and it took 5 minutes to get through 30 seconds.

Goodness.
Lol it's really dependent on the people involved.

I'd say 75:25 is in favor of a decent match with maybe a few small bits of lag.

Those 25% are real pains, though. Bright side is that you can read the boss attacks easier, kinda.

Also, Healmore's and Beam Mage's will 90% of the time cause lag online if there's more than one on a team.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reading those interview snippets is pretty sad:
The team really was thrown under the bus by the higher ups and it wasn't even their fault if that's to be believed. I remember downloading the demo back in the day, but never playing it due to being online only.

ZS is wrong about NMH being an exclusice franchise but Suda DOES believe NMH fits Nintendo best
I ain't arguing that, just pointing out Travis isn't Nintendo exclusive. Ultimately I'm pretty indifferent to him in Smash. I think his over the top style would fit quite well, but I don't really have an attachment to the series.

I know it might feel wrong but the Xbox Arcade re-releases are just objectively better than the N64 versions in every way. The improved framerates and the QoL changes like not having to recollect notes on death in Kazooie and the updated first-person aiming in Tooie are just too good to ever go back.
Oh, I'm well aware, that's why I'm so torn on this. Ultimately, the Xbox versions are better (at least for Kazooie), but part of me likes collecting physical games and playing on original hardware. On the other hand, being European, those old games don't run fullspeed. Also didn't Tooie have so pretty messed up audio glitches?

That's moving the goalpost. You claimed Travis as a whole is Nintendo exclusive, which is flat out wrong. And as mentioned already, Heroes Paradise is a remake of the first game. As for Travis Strikes Again, I never said it's not on Switch, I merely listed the non Nintendo platforms.

You can say Travis is heavily associated with Nintendo, sure, but he's far from exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom