• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I got a lot of recommendations for Blue Lions, but based on the art on the inside of the box, none of them look especially memorable, so I'm not 100% sure.
As a Blue Lions fan (so I'm heavily biased) don't let appearances decieve you. They're more grounded and less over the top personality wise than some of the other two houses' characters but have some of the deepest backstories and personalities, possibly because of that.

Also Dimitri is best Lord

D

Deleted member

Seriously considering getting an Xbone for Rare Replay, but part of me also knows I'd regret it because there isn't much else on that console that interests me.

D

Deleted member

Seriously considering getting an Xbone for Rare Replay, but part of me also knows I'd regret it because there isn't much else on that console that interests me.
Big recommend against getting a console for one game only. I did it for Persona 4 Golden for the PS Vita and that was 300 bucks down the drain.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yoshi's final smash could probably cause huge collateral damage. Think about it. A huge heard of voring dinosaurs swarming a city? That would be horrifying. We'd have to call the military for that ****.

But how are we ranking here?

Dino stampede is dangerous, but on a terrestrial scale. Do we rank intergalactic super weapons higher?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Xbox Scarlett has backwards compatibility with all titles, supposedly. So maybe just wait for Scarlett and use it for third party titles next gen

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Have you ever been thrown into a giant star? A giant burning ball of gas?

Rosalina’s sounds pretty devastating.
I mean, from what have I seen myself when it comes to Ridley's FS, seeing him fire plasma beams in the Manga, Prime 1, Prime 3 and so on, I REALLY like how it looks and the whole explosion thing, but, I feel the fact that Samus' ship later appears in the background slowly falling while burning, makes me feel that it makes Ridley's attack not look as impactful. When I first saw the FS, I thought "HOLY ****, HE BLEW THE ENTIRE SHIP UP BY JUST OPENING HIS MOUTH!" but then a lot of people began to draw attention to the rather hilarious sight of the ship in the background. I mean, hell, when it comes to my take on Ridley now that he is on the fray, that little "detail" that makes his attack not look as effective wouldn't exist. xD I think I would sometimes go overboard and at one point make him combine his Plasma Beam, Phazon and his Grim Aura just for fun.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyway, I remembered Ultimate describing the Ray Gun being able to "burn the logo into their enemies" in a tip. Wish there was an effect for that.

It only kills one person though. We're talking about huge collateral city wide epidemics.
The explosion at the end can hit more than 1 person at least. I was thinking that would go well with the huge radius it covers at the same time. But I find it hard to think of so many people just standing near a giant vacuum and experiencing nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But how are we ranking here?

Dino stampede is dangerous, but on a terrestrial scale. Do we rank intergalactic super weapons higher?
I mean, Star Fox literally calls in their weapons of mass destruction on you so they're ranked pretty high. Probably number 1 depending on well they pilot.

Though, any character with like a super laser beam :ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultpalutena: are pretty big given they have infinite range, cover a lot of space, and can be aimed. That's some Dragon Ball Z planet destroying **** right there. I don't count Inkling because that's just ink compared to ****ing nuclear fision.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

do you think sonic would be considered a meme pick if he was put in now
I mean, during Brawl, he came off of Sonic 06 and that GBA port of his first game. Can't get any worse than that.

Besides, Sonic does have importance. He was the rival to Mario and Sega has no issue being on Nintendo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
do you think sonic would be considered a meme pick if he was put in now
Nah, he's had a rough time of it lately, but you can't argue against Sega, the giant megacrop that it is, and Sonic, with his history as the world's most memorable video game rivalry, weren't deserving.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Finally beat A Link to the Past for the first time...despite it being a game I've played since childhood. It's definitely a great game worthy of all the praise, but some parts of the later dungeons were infuriating to navigate and the terrible Switch D-pad didn't help matters much.

Maybe I'll pick up A Link Between Worlds at some point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'll take a break from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I just got to the part where I have to introduce myself to the students, and I want to take my time with that as opposed to rushing through it, so I get an idea of which house I'd want to start with.

The game seems to be setting up Dimitri as a villain based on those little character descriptions at the end of the prologue, though I assume that's only the case if you don't choose the Blue Lions house.

Also, something about Seteth (Rhea's advisor) sets off warning bells for me. I don't know why, but something about him makes me think that he's the type of character who's going to murder Rhea and frame Byleth for it, or commit some atrocity for "the greater good". (the greater good...) Though Jeralt said that Rhea probably has some ulterior motives, so it might not be that first one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was looking at rabbit food because I'm running out and the one I was looking at has minced onions, onions are not good for rabbits, and ****ing cane molasses. Who in their right mind but put molasses in rabbit food

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Finished up Golden Deer. Final boss was decent, but I thought BE had it beat in terms of it feeling “epic”.

Ultimately, what I think I might end up doing is playing Blue Lions at one point, MAYBE going through Church route (blegh), and finally wrapping up with a definitive Black Eagles, with proper endings for certain characters who I didn’t do right by the first time.

Played the Final Boss of BE again because I wanted to, and man. I just love that map. Wish some of my Golden Deer Units were better, but like I said, that’s why I might do Black Eagles again.

I will say that despite me appreciating Edelgard, she is by no means completely innocent. I simply cannot agree to a government of Church & State. I just can’t do it. I also give Edelgard credit for at least doing what she believed in while the other two just dawdled.

But anyway, Gears 5 comes out Tuesday, so I’m not so sure that I’ll be getting around to Blue Lions for some time. Would like to learn more about King Eye-Patch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I'll take a break from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I just got to the part where I have to introduce myself to the students, and I want to take my time with that as opposed to rushing through it, so I get an idea of which house I'd want to start with.

The game seems to be setting up Dimitri as a villain based on those little character descriptions at the end of the prologue, though I assume that's only the case if you don't choose the Blue Lions house.

Also, something about Seteth (Rhea's advisor) sets off warning bells for me. I don't know why, but something about him makes me think that he's the type of character who's going to murder Rhea and frame Byleth for it, or commit some atrocity for "the greater good". (the greater good...) Though Jeralt said that Rhea probably has some ulterior motives, so it might not be that first one.
One of the best things about three houses is the main story focused characters have multiple layers and your meant to form your own opinion on how to view them.

The setup for all the character development in the game is great

D

Deleted member

One of the best things about three houses is the main story focused characters have multiple layers and your meant to form your own opinion on how to view them.

The setup for all the character development in the game is great
I would recommend taking a break after beating one House. If you go from BL to BE or vice versa, you're gonna feel very biased against the house. Breaks help give you time to reexperience the world again.

Also Part 1 is virtually the same in every route.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This channel is amazing.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Soooo... I'm planning to finally get myself a Switch as well as a copy of Ultimate within the next few weeks...

Do y'all have any other games you'd recommend to me?
Three Houses
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Poyo Poyo Tetris
Kirby Star Allies

D

Deleted member

Yeah, maybe I'll get an One in the future if it should get another price drop or if I should stumble over one for cheap by chance, currently it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Right now the PS4 seems way more appealing to me with Gravity Rush 1+2, Sakura Wars and Persona 5 Royal. Probably even more that I'm missing.

Xbox Scarlett has backwards compatibility with all titles, supposedly. So maybe just wait for Scarlett and use it for third party titles next gen
This is another issue I personally have with the Xbone, none of the games I own for the 360 can be played on it

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Yoshi's final smash could probably cause huge collateral damage. Think about it. A huge heard of voring dinosaurs swarming a city? That would be horrifying. We'd have to call the military for that ****.

His new final smash was one of my favorites.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I would recommend taking a break after beating one House. If you go from BL to BE or vice versa, you're gonna feel very biased against the house. Breaks help give you time to reexperience the world again.

Thats what I plan on doing. I'm currently on BE and after I beat that, I'll play something else, then go back to FE3H.

D

Deleted member

Thats what I plan on doing. I'm currently on BE and after I beat that, I'll play something else, then go back to FE3H.
Right. I know if I played BE immediately after coming off of BL, I'd be ****ting on Edelgard throughout the entire game and treat Dimitri as the hero. It's not the most ideal way to see the other scenario.

Also nothing changes the fact that you're essentially playing four Fire Emblem games back-to-back. That's gonna drain you no matter what, as DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon can attest to. (****ing beats this game in a week.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Right. I know if I played BE immediately after coming off of BL, I'd be ****ting on Edelgard throughout the entire game and treat Dimitri as the hero. It's not the most ideal way to see the other scenario.

Also nothing changes the fact that you're essentially playing four Fire Emblem games back-to-back. That's gonna drain you no matter what, as DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon can attest to. (****ing beats this game in a week.)
I’ve been playing one route for a month and I feel kinda drained lmao

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It wasn't a weak. It was 15 days. I counted (for funsies, that's an average 10 hours and 40 minutes I put in since my final play time was ~160 hours).

I had less than a month to beat the game, so you can be damn sure I binged that ****.

Was it unhealthy? Incredibly.
Would I want to do it again? No.
Do I regret it? A little bit
Do I plan on playing more 3H when I can? You know it.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
It wasn't a weak. It was 15 days. I counted (for funsies, that's an average 10 hours and 40 minutes I put in since my final play time was ~160 hours).

I had less than a month to beat the game, so you can be damn sure I binged that ****.

Was it unhealthy? Incredibly.
Would I want to do it again? No.
Do I regret it? A little bit
Do I plan on playing more 3H when I can? You know it.
Why did you decide to beat it in that amount of time?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
When will Smashboards finally upload Terry's stock icon so I can set him as my post background?

I need to rep that glorious render.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I played through BL first then went right in BE. I'm on like chapter 15 now( I think) on the true path, or as I like to call it the:
the Genocide route.

Although I just beat Claude's map, and spared him. I really didn't think he needed to die as he's not that bad. It's nice that you can spare them though, I didn't expect that, but Edelgard also wants as little bloodshed as possible so it makes sense.

So far, I don't hate Edelgard, she's got a good character, she just doesn't do everything in the right way but that's intentional. I still maintain that with Byleth, if El could prove the nemesis story told by the church was a lie, then I honestly think Dimitri would have joined her. He truly cares for her and was willing to let her live in BL., even if she ****s up and gets killed anyway.

As for Claude, it makes sense why he wouldn't join, but I think him being spared makes more sense then to kill him.

We'll see what I think as it goes on. But if there's one lesson you can take away from video games its:

That the church is bad and dragons are evil, especially in FE. So its easy to see how Rhea is a villain of sorts. Even Jeralt disliked her and feared her, which is revealed early on giving you the idea that there's more to that story.

So I think when it comes to playing BL then BE or the other way around, I think whoever you see as a hero relies solely on how well you've paid attention between both stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom