• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Haven't played the Super Kirby Clash but if it's like the 3DS version then I don't think I'm missing anything.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've started Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I have some speculation on Sothis, though I'll put it in spoiler tags in case I'm on to something. (Please don't tell me if I'm on to something)

I'm guessing that Sothis has some deep ties to the main character, like she's a split personality or Byleth is a reincarnation of her or something - the whole "we share the same birthday" thing and Sothis acting like she dies if Byleth does makes me think that.

The choice of houses came up quickly - I know that there's some sort of falling out between the houses later on, so I was expecting to get some time to know the supporting cast before that happens and I make my choice. (though all I know about the falling out is that light bickering turns into full-blown war and Dimitri gets an eyepatch)

I might look up the basic personalities of the supporting cast before I make my choice (I'm going with TV Tropes and avoiding anything that's spoiler-tagged, though I feel like a character's bio having a lot of spoiler tags gives away that there's a huge spoiler surrounding them) - I got a lot of recommendations for Blue Lions, but based on the art on the inside of the box, none of them look especially memorable, so I'm not 100% sure. (I don't have a lot of experience with Fire Emblem, so I'm not sure what a traditional Fire Emblem experience is like)

Is it just me, or does Nintendo need to add more profile pictures? Gimme some Smash, some Pokemon, etc.
I'm guessing there might be licensing issues behind those; from what I recall, weren't there issues with using Pokemon amiibo for something like Mario Maker? (or maybe it was Mario Kart - I know Pokemon amiibos didn't work with a Mario game that you'd expect them to)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was thinking of making an Game theory type article about me figuring out what Final smash whould be the most catastrophic IRL dose that sound interesting?

D

Deleted member

I was thinking of making an Game theory type article about me figuring out what Final smash whould be the most catastrophic IRL dose that sound interesting?
Serious contenders have to be Snake who deploys heat seeking missiles to bomb the area. That's pretty destructive, all things considered.

D

Deleted member

Pac-man's final smash would be on the destructive level of how he's portrayed in Pixels.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've started Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I have some speculation on Sothis, though I'll put it in spoiler tags in case I'm on to something. (Please don't tell me if I'm on to something)

I'm guessing that Sothis has some deep ties to the main character, like she's a split personality or Byleth is a reincarnation of her or something - the whole "we share the same birthday" thing and Sothis acting like she dies if Byleth does makes me think that.

The choice of houses came up quickly - I know that there's some sort of falling out between the houses later on, so I was expecting to get some time to know the supporting cast before that happens and I make my choice. (though all I know about the falling out is that light bickering turns into full-blown war and Dimitri gets an eyepatch)

I might look up the basic personalities of the supporting cast before I make my choice (I'm going with TV Tropes and avoiding anything that's spoiler-tagged, though I feel like a character's bio having a lot of spoiler tags gives away that there's a huge spoiler surrounding them) - I got a lot of recommendations for Blue Lions, but based on the art on the inside of the box, none of them look especially memorable, so I'm not 100% sure. (I don't have a lot of experience with Fire Emblem, so I'm not sure what a traditional Fire Emblem experience is like)

I'm guessing there might be licensing issues behind those; from what I recall, weren't there issues with using Pokemon amiibo for something like Mario Maker? (or maybe it was Mario Kart - I know Pokemon amiibos didn't work with a Mario game that you'd expect them to)
If you're talking about the end of the first chapter, that's not the House choice. You don't actually decide until you reach the Officers Academy, where you can talk to all the students.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool does blow up an island so maybe that takes the cake.

But think of Mario's. Like, that **** would be destructive. Giga Bowser would be pretty strong too...
Mario's FS doesn't really go beyond a couple yards, though. It could demolish a building, maybe. Same with Giga Bowser. If it's on a time limit and he can only deliver one punch, his catastrophe rate wouldn't shoot threw the roof unless we punched the base of a skyscraper.

D

Deleted member

K.Rool’s could be a strong candidate for the most cathastrophic Final Smash.

It basically destroys entire islands with just the push of a buttom.

sneakycrown

Smash Cadet
Okay but everyone's forgetting the fact Ness and Lucas can make ASTEROIDS HIT EARTH. One killed the dinosaurs, guys. ONE. Not multiple. ONE.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
King K. Rool does blow up an island so maybe that takes the cake.

Mario's FS doesn't really go beyond a couple yards, though. It could demolish a building, maybe. Same with Giga Bowser. If it's on a time limit and he can only deliver one punch, his catastrophe rate wouldn't shoot threw the roof unless we punched the base of a skyscraper.
We don't really know how far Mario's flames go. It just goes off screen. For all we know, it could go on forever. As for Giga Bowser, I think it more so depends on what he's hitting.

D

Deleted member

Ok, but imagine how destructive each final smash would be put together.

D

Deleted member

We don't really know how far Mario's flames go. It just goes off screen. For all we know, it could go on forever. As for Giga Bowser, I think it more so depends on what he's hitting.
No. Mario's final smash is pathetically short compared to Samus. If you do it at the edge of Skyworld and fire away from the blast zone, you'll see it only covers all of the platforms and not beyond.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
PK Starstorm and End Of Day would also be incredibly devastating.

No. Mario's final smash is pathetically short compared to Samus. If you do it at the edge of Skyworld and fire away from the blast zone, you'll see it only covers all of the platforms and not beyond.
Well consider me incorrect then.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
K. Rool's Final Smash is quite literally a weapon of mass destruction, it's powerful enough to destroy islands, which, I believe are banned within the UN due to rules.

Plus, the radiation would be more deadly than the actual explosion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The official canon of Earthbound says, and I quote, "shaking off the stars". That sounds like asteroids to me.
But that would lead to some pretty disastrous consequences that clearly do not happen when the move is used. And a "star" could not naturally exist at that small a size. It would either evaporate in an instant or become a black hole.

D

Deleted member

Double Post
Okay but everyone's forgetting the fact Ness and Lucas can make ASTEROIDS HIT EARTH. One killed the dinosaurs, guys. ONE. Not multiple. ONE.
Ness and Lucas really do just go Madara, don't they?

Everyone's forgetting Zelda's FS here. Take a look.

It only kills one person though. We're talking about huge collateral city wide epidemics.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yoshi's final smash could probably cause huge collateral damage. Think about it. A huge heard of voring dinosaurs swarming a city? That would be horrifying. We'd have to call the military for that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom