• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77573692

Only other leak I can find that mentioned Nakoruru. Lists either Velvet Crowe from Tales or a RE character as the final one.
It's worth noting that this person was not 100% sure of anything but erdrick

That's not exactly a big and specific thing to leak.
It's not big, but its something they got right and not many other people leaked as far as I know

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Again, I apologize if it seemed like I was saying you aren't allowed to be disappointed. That in itself is fine. I'd rather have Terry for an SNK character if anyone at all.

But each DLC is bound to make people disappointed, you can't please everyone. There's people who don't even like Banjo-Kazooie, there's people who don't even like Hero. However no one likes a Debbie-Downer either. Though it isn't right to rub it in people's faces either. So hopefully I didn't come across as doing so.

Like I had said, none of the DLC exactly appeals to me yet in particular, but I'm fine with that because I didn't blindly buy the pass right out the gate.
Nah, you're fine.

I'm happy for any Nakoruru fans, but I feel like that's similar to what I've been saying for every DLC fighter. "I'm happy for Joker's/DQ's/Banjo's fans, but I'm not really excited for this character." So far, I haven't been given that one DLC fighter that really appeals to someone like me. PP is the only character so far that's come close, and I can't help but feel a little disappointed by that.

Then again, I suppose I was spoiled in the base game. Just wish the DLC could've matched that, because this feels underwhelming by comparison.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think if we get a so heavily Japanese loved character in SNK? We're likely to see Character 5 introduced to and it be something that's more beloved worldwide.

So the exact sort of Hero/Banjo situation.

So maybe the SNK character/RE Rep? Or SNK character/Massive Fan Want Like Geno?

That way you please everyone.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
props to Flyboy Flyboy for finding that the 'all rights reserved' message is consistent across every SNK crossover (Tekken 7, FIGHTING EX LAYER), etc.

this copyright line is just how SNK does it for everything they're in

bird is back on the brain
h a p p e n i n g

I mean I fully admit I really want this to be real since I LOVE SNK and this has been hype but it's a point worth noting. Terry, Nakoruru, Mai, Leona, Marco, Fio, Kyo, Athena, there's no bad choice! I really think this might be it but we could still be blindsided. Wild.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
It's worth noting that this person was not 100% sure of anything but erdrick
This is true, but considering how specific the character is (anyone who made this for a fake leak and got it right should buy some lotery tickets ASAP) I think it's worthwhile to consider.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also that bird picture. The starling one. If it's Nakoruru. I have a thought about it.

Maybe the source used a Starling bird to knock out both characters in one? She has a bird.

But Geno is a star being/Jill is a member of STARS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SNK character is definitely a lock and while who exactly is still up in the AIR, I'm sure we all know who it should be, [BIRD PUN]

Shroob

Sup?
Also I'm just glad we'd be getting another gal besides Kazooie.

I didn't need a new gal in Smash to be happy, but it definitely doesn't hurt.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Also that bird picture. The starling one. If it's Nakoruru. I have a thought about it.

Maybe the source used a Starling bird to knock out both characters in one? She has a bird.

But Geno is a star being/Jill is a member of STARS.
It's probably only Nakoruru. It seems like they're pretty direct with their hints.

D

Deleted member

I think we're definitely getting someone from SNK, but I'm unsure if this is the Bird Herd's hour. Tune in next Sunday, I guess

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yo wasaaap I’m back
With another issue
I’m having trouble with Mario. I know. Probably one of the worst characters to have an issue with. I just can’t seem to get out of his combos or figure out when I can safely hit him. Could I please get some advice on how to deal with Mario? Thanks
As a Mario main, I should be able to help you.

He can't deal with disjoints that well, and his lack of ability to deal with disjoints is his biggest weakness. Because he's got a stocky body, he can't get in that easily unless he utilizes shield pressure. Since Mario is excellent at applying pressure to shield, staying back and being *just barely* out of his range will help you avoid his solid combos. For me, my least favorite characters to play against are Shulk, Palutena, Marth, and Lucina. Those four have great range and are tough for Mario to deal with. If you can outrange Mario in general, then great. However, those four characters are able to do it the best.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unrelated to the current conversation, but what did you think of the Happy Death Day movies? And how do you think the second compares to the first?
I loved them equally. Tree, the main character is what made the movie for me. Never liked a female character so much! Has became among my favorite characters too! :grin:

Gladly could say both movies would make it onto my top 11 favorite movies of 2017 and 2019.

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh lovely, my most hated anime of the year is getting not S2, but S2 and S3

Thanks Crunchy...

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh my?

So we have a SNK Character in Smash?

I'm intrigued; I'm old fan of KOF and I'd like to play SamSho eventually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This seems like a big ass stretch let’s be honest.

Why the hell would Carl the intern be on the smash section if he needed to update SNK heroines? That’s a huge differences, you don’t accidentally publish that. Not to mention they don’t keep the copyright as one big logo if I had to imagine. From the way they do it looks like they just add the new company at the end and print it as new. Which would make sense that this could have been published accidentally and was suppose to be set to add to the overall copyright image instead for whenever the direct drops.

Considering the format is the same I’d say this is a pretty plausible explanation looking at it from a graphics design perspective
Yo

It's like ya'll playing pong with the leak
Holy **** we all thought it was Geno, but table top tennis is getting promoted to playable instead

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
[banquet of nature but the flute is getting progressively calmer and bouncier]

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Th
As a Mario main, I should be able to help you.

He can't deal with disjoints, and his lack of ability to deal with disjoints is his biggest weakness. Because he's got a stocky body, he can't get in that easily unless he utilizes shield pressure. Since Mario is excellent at applying pressure to shield, staying back and being *just barely* out of his range will help you avoid his solid combos. For me, my least favorite characters to play against are Shulk, Palutena, Marth, and Lucina. Those four have great range and are tough for Mario to deal with. If you can outrange Mario in general, then great. However, those four characters are able to do it the best.
Thanks!

Let’s say I might want to play as :ultkingdedede:. How would I deal with a Mario then?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Headcanon: Ryu Hayabasa was originally invited to join Smash, but he decided to sit out after he learned he would have to deal with Mamahaha.
(I hated those birds that knocked me down)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all thought it was SNK when it was really just a random Sink. Get hype for competitive dishwashing

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I'll be- Ubisoft FINALLY put a season pass on sale without the game bundled with it.

Been waiting so long for that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom