• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Also isn't SNK pretty big in Latin America? Makes sense for a worldwide approach
As a Mexican I can confirm this. A lot of people played King of Fighters. You'd see several people playing it either on arcades or consoles and it was even more popular than Street Fighter. And to this day, a good amount of players that compete in KoF tournaments are from Latin America.
Outside of KoF, other SNK franchises were also well known like Metal Slug.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This bird is litteraly holding the Smash Speculation Train through SHEER force of anger alone.
holding the smash train through sheer anger.jpg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Some guy implying Nakoruru having leaked Hero's moves
The old 5ch leak right? That would fit since IIRC it was also hesitant on Steve before the Banjo train came.

Well, someone did some research and found that the copyright from the page is from the DLC pages for SNK Heroines, from what i've read on the Smash Wiki.
I think I may've mixed that up with the Samsho DLC bit. I'll edit that just to be safe.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
[banquet of nature but the flute is getting progressively more discordant and also extremely confused]

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The SNK character needs to be revealed like Geese was for Tekken 7
Fixed that for you.

Hopefully, if it somehow is him, we get a trailer like this one:

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
alright, we got
-Sabi supporting it
-that dumb bird picture
-a lot of leaks saying there's gonna be a female character
-that one twitter leak saying its gonna be a female fighting game character
-that one Japanese leak from ages ago that wasn't entirely sure on it but said they heard Nakoruru
-SamSho switch port coming out pretty soon
-Sakurai is a noted fan of SNK and old fighting games in general
I believe in bird

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Jesus this thread moves quick. I don’t like Team stuff, and I don’t know that there’s enough to say it’s real yet, but typically if it’s from Nintendo themselves, it’s real.

Leaning real.

D

Deleted member

Playing devil's advocate, we haven't gotten anybody solid supporting bird gang right? Sabi is just vaguely saying SNK and Verge hasn't commented yet. Everybody else was either 4chan or some random twitter user.

SNK is most likely happening though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
alright, we got
-Sabi supporting it
-that dumb bird picture
-a lot of leaks saying there's gonna be a female character
-that one twitter leak saying its gonna be a female fighting game character
-that one Japanese leak from ages ago that wasn't entirely sure on it but said they heard Nakoruru
-SamSho switch port coming out pretty soon
-Sakurai is a noted fan of SNK and old fighting games in general
I believe in bird
Well now

Everybody's heard

About the bird

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I would absolutely take Nakoruru tbh. In fact I would want that more than Terry. I find Terry more believable, but I'd be very happy to see Nakoruru in Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You don't have to be happy about it. You're allowed to dislike the characters. I can get that. I don't exactly care about Nakaruru either. Though I do like Terry Bogard.

But you sandbagging other game series that many people do care about just because it isn't Nintendo ain't a good look. That's the problem. And an "Uber Fan" of Smash would likely be someone who doesn't branch out to try other companies games. The type of people who act like Geno's a well known name, but somehow Tekken, one of the most successful Fighting Game Series is "not iconic enough" is somehow actually obscure. Hell, I'm not exactly a huge SNK fan myself, but of their games I did play, I liked them and Terry Bogard's been my favorite character of their company.

SNK isn't some obscure indie company. They've been around for literal decades and the entirety of Mexico would love a KoF character I'm pretty sure.

I apologize if I seem rude.
I was never sandbagging SNK or any other third-party, or at least I wasn't trying to come across like I was. All I was trying to say is that I didn't think Nakoruru was a good choice for DLC.

What I have a problem with is when this thread brushes aside the opinions that don't match their own. While my knowledge is limited, I do know a little about SNK. However, there are plenty of people who've never even heard of it and would be disappointed if Nakoruru got in. Those people are essentially being told that they have no right to be upset, that they should've played SNK if they didn't want to be disappointed, and that they should be happy that Nintendo is introducing them to a franchise they may or may not be interested in. That's what I don't think is fair.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

WHINING FOOLS BEGONE

I know jack **** about Nakoruru but I played her once on KoFXIV and she's cool so she'd be the most interesting DLC character so far and also she got a bird

WHINING FOOLS BEGONE

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Yo wasaaap I’m back
With another issue
I’m having trouble with Mario. I know. Probably one of the worst characters to have an issue with. I just can’t seem to get out of his combos or figure out when I can safely hit him. Could I please get some advice on how to deal with Mario? Thanks

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This thread is moving so fast holy ****
We're in leak season ladies and gentlemen.

I think Geno is a bad choice for DLC given his obscurity, so that doesn't really contradict how I feel.

Point is, Smash fans tend to forget what it's like to be moderately interested in video games. While I'm sure there's quite a few people who'd be happy with Nakoruru, she and her franchise are far from a household name. Am I saying that there aren't other franchises in Smash that aren't equally obscure? No, but I am saying that I don't think she'd be a good choice for DLC. This isn't really the time to experiment and try adding some really unorthodox characters. People have paid money for a pass that they believe will be well worth their money, so I think it'd be best for Nintendo to stick with popular requests, or at the very least, characters from franchises a lot of people would be familiar with.
And people who are only kind of into games probably don't think to hard about it either way. They've already "experimented" in this DLC anyway. The Plant's a joke character. Joker's a ****ing young ass character. Hero and Banjo-Kazooie appeal to two different parts of the world.

Hell, most of this DLC doesn't even appeal to me in particular. I have 0 interest in playing Persona, I didn't grow up with Banjo-Kazooie, and I don't play DQ. That's why I didn't buy the pass. No one told anyone else to buy DLC before knowing what it is.

Like, don't get me wrong, Crash Bandicoot would make more sense, Jill Valentine would make more sense, as would Lara Croft, Dixie, Paper Mario, Doom Slayer, Heihachi or Scorpion. But you're underplaying SNK's success. People do know of KoF. That's my point. It's a huge series in the Chinese and Latin American audience. There's literally memes and jokes about how Mexico loves KoF. Mexican Arcades having signs that let you know you're a ***** if you use the Boss character Rugal.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda hope it's Mai.

I've never even heard of ''Nakoruru."

She seems super random as hell to add.

Whereas Mai is kind of like Great Value Chun Li. If Chun Li is the brand name. Mai is her equally cool knock off.

So basically how Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera co-existed when there were the million Britney knock offs.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Playing devil's advocate, we haven't gotten anybody solid supporting bird gang right? Sabi is just vaguely saying SNK and Verge hasn't commented yet. Everybody else was either 4chan or some random twitter user.

SNK is most likely happening though.
idk why people keep saying this is some random twitter user, they leaked details about hero that no one could have guessed

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yo wasaaap I’m back
With another issue
I’m having trouble with Mario. I know. Probably one of the worst characters to have an issue with. I just can’t seem to get out of his combos or figure out when I can safely hit him. Could I please get some advice on how to deal with Mario? Thanks
I'm afraid people here will likely ignore you but have you tried the Mario Ultimate subforum? Nobody would know Mario's weaknesses better than Mario mains

Noipoi

Howdy!
I kinda hope it's Mai.

I've never even heard of ''Nakoruru."

She seems super random as hell to add.

Whereas Mai is kind of like Great Value Chun Li. If Chun Li is the brand name. Mai is her equally cool knock off.

So basically how Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera co-existed when there were the million Britney knock offs.
If Mai gets in she’ll be wearing a big, unshapely sweater.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Jesus this thread moves quick. I don’t like Team stuff, and I don’t know that there’s enough to say it’s real yet, but typically if it’s from Nintendo themselves, it’s real.

Leaning real.
Even though I've learned about this just a few minutes ago, I'll stay neutral on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom