• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently people are saying in the newcomer speculation thread that the title of the video now says “Summer” instead of July.

Can we confirm this to be true?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Uh they renamed the video to summer instead of July.
An initial error, or something they are trying to cover up?

If it was summer then surely it would include Astral Chain which comes out next month! They've been pushing hard for it...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Anyone worried Hero might coincide with Three Houses' release?
As much as I'm hyped for Hero Three Houses is looking mighty fine right now

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Captain Marvel is a perfectly fine Superman movie.
Power set aside, Carol Danvers and Clark Kent are vastly different characters.

Captain America is a more direct analogue to Supes. Ideologically, First Avenger and Winter Soldier are platonic ideals for a modern Superman film.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

If it was summer then surely it would include Astral Chain which comes out next month! They've been pushing hard for it...
oh no no NO NO NO NO NO NO

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Apparently people are saying in the newcomer speculation thread that the title of the video now says “Summer” instead of July.

Can we confirm this to be true?
I can confirm. Saw it on my subscriptions earlier via my Switch. It just says "Summer". Let me look at my regular Chrome version of Subscriptions.

Edit: Yep, just says Summer.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

It's a slip-up by them. If August was included as well then Astral Chain would no doubt be featured on it. The stuff featured on that video seems to be stuff that will arrive in July.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So Nintendo renamed the video from "July" to "Summer", huh?

Once again, my skepticism was ignored like it was invalid. After the unpredicatablity of Smash speculation, you guys should know better than to act like something is guaranteed. :glare:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Once again, my skepticism was ignored like it was invalid. After the unpredicatablity of Smash speculation, you guys should know better than to act like something is guaranteed. :glare:
I mean it's still coming in July. I have a feeling they wanted to keep Hero a secret and an intern slipped up with July.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean it's still coming in July. I have a feeling they wanted to keep Hero a secret and an intern slipped up with July.
You can make a case for either argument. On one hand, maybe changing the title means they didn't want people to know Hero was coming out this month. On the other, maybe they saw people misinterpreting the title of the video and decided to change it to spare themselves the heat when Hero doesn't get released in July.

I don't think this guarantees a July release at all. Once again, I'd advise everyone to keep their expectations in check.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

And yet still, everything involved in that trailer is all stuff confirmed to be coming out in July.

If this was truly supposed to be just a "Summer" highlight, they would've included other games that we know are coming out in the summer. Astral Chain comes out in August. Daemon X Machina comes out September. Link's Awakening too.

All of these big releases coming out in the summer, and yet the only games focused on were Ultimate Alliance and Three Houses, both of which come out this month.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Heroes probably still coming this month and they didn’t want to ruin the surprise. It’s kind of too late to take that back now, and covering it up makes it more obvious it was accurate. My guess is hero’s trailer isn’t dropping this week then but next. After all the final splatfest is actually this week.

And let’s be honest a lot of splatoon owners likely own smash and this splatfest is back so I don’t think Nintendo wants to take its spotlight or allow hero to come out break the servers and ruin the splatfest for those who want to play it. It be pretty dumb to drop two bombs on the servers at the same time.

Makes me think next week is more likely

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yet still, everything involved in that trailer is all stuff confirmed to be coming out in July.

If this was truly supposed to be just a "Summer" highlight, they would've included other games that we know are coming out in the summer. Astral Chain comes out in August. Daemon X Machina comes out September. Link's Awakening too.

All of these big releases coming out in the summer, and yet the only games focused on where Ultimate Alliance and Three Houses, both of which come out this month.
SHHHHHHHHH

Everyone be very quiet, or we’ll scare her away again!

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Echo Fighter Pass
  1. Raichu :ultpikachu:
  2. Ninten :ultness:/:ultlucas:
  3. Black Shadow :ultfalcon:
  4. Impa :ultsheik:
  5. Liquid Snake :ultsnake:
  6. Dixie Kong :ultdiddy:
I think I would do:
Hilda :ultzelda:
Ninten :ultness:/:ultlucas:
Black Shadow :ultfalcon:
Dixie Kong :ultdiddy:
Medusa :ultpalutena:
Celica :ultrobinf:
Shadow :ultsonic:
Naked Snake :ultsnake:
(Although, I think they would name him Big Boss)
I changed it up a little for a few reasons:
1. I think it would be kinda weird in my opinion to only have one third party in a pass.
2. I've been under the impression that Echo's take a lot less time to make than a full. character, so I figured they could do roughly 1 extra character for every 2 in our current pass
3. I would prefer Impa be her own character with the huge sword from Hyrule Warriors, so in my opinion Hilda is the perfect choice for a Zelda series echo.
4. I think Raichu would be so much better as a semi clone of Pikachu, over Pichu, so I don't want to see it stuck as an echo. (Especially since Raichu is not only a better design than Pichu, but also cooler than Pikachu in every way)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Nintendo sends these little newsletters out via email every month, and Hero was in that as well. It still said the release date was summer, but everything else in the newsletter was coming out in July, except for the Switch Lite which I assume was in there because it was just announced.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No Octolings for :ultinkling:? Smh

I just wanna VEEMO on everybody

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

All of these big releases coming out in the summer, and yet the only games focused on where Ultimate Alliance and Three Houses, both of which come out this month.
And they also spent some time showing us Fortnite Season 9, something that was released back in May.

You and everyone else is free to interpret the video however you want. I'm just suggesting that you should lower your expectations just in case instead of acting like it's a done deal. You have nothing to lose by doing the former.

I don't think that's an unfair piece of advice.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I still say a July release is possible. Might just be much later near the end of the month.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all am'a back.

Fast Five was awesome! Without a doubt my favorite Fast and Furious film in the series so far!!!!

And no not because this marks Luke Hobb's debut played by Dwayne Johnson.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Wait...

Striga Striga you were Alastor? Why did I just find that out? :yoshi:
Yeah. I am. The same person essentally.

I hope Dragon Quest gets more than 2 music tracks. It was bull**** when Square did it to Final Fantasy, it'll be bull**** if they do it Dragon Quest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And they also spent some time showing us Fortnite Season 9, something that was released back in May.

You and everyone else is free to interpret the video however you want. I'm just suggesting that you should lower your expectations just in case instead of acting like it's a done deal. You have nothing to lose by doing the former.

I don't think that's an unfair piece of advice.
Season 9 ends this month and 10 starts though. That’s why that was there

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i look forward to hero releasing, playing smash for 4-5 hours straight, then putting the game down for another 2-3 months while i speculate when banjo will release

Iridium

Smash Hero
Heroes probably still coming this month and they didn’t want to ruin the surprise. It’s kind of too late to take that back now, and covering it up makes it more obvious it was accurate. My guess is hero’s trailer isn’t dropping this week then but next. After all the final splatfest is actually this week.

And let’s be honest a lot of splatoon owners likely own smash and this splatfest is back so I don’t think Nintendo wants to take its spotlight or allow hero to come out break the servers and ruin the splatfest for those who want to play it. It be pretty dumb to drop two bombs on the servers at the same time.

Makes me think next week is more likely
Well, I can at least say he's very likely not coming to EVO. Fine by me, as only few players could possibly pull off anything significant with such limited time before it starts. But I still want OoT Li-, uh, Erdrick, in the game.

Which reminds me of how I just checked the entrant list, and man, Japan is invading. Also fine by me.

i look forward to hero releasing, playing smash for 4-5 hours straight, then putting the game down for another 2-3 months while i speculate when banjo will release
This is mostly accurate.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Btw I saw Into the Spider-Verse yesterday on Netflix.

Now normally when a superhero movie gets overly praised to death, I watch it and find it's massively overrated *coughwintersoldierblackpanthercough*, but here it's completely warranted :yoshi:
I agree with everything you said except the "Winter Soldier is overrated" bit.

One of the many things that makes WS special is how it goes across multiple genres. Yes, it's a superhero movie...but it also feels like a dark, exciting action thriller that could work in any universe. There's a little humor, but it's not common like it is in a lot of phase 1 MCU films. Couple that with the Winter Soldier's interesting character, Black Widow being a force, Cap getting decent character development despite it being a sequel, and with how it's entertaining throughout...there's a lot there to like in WS.

Is it the BEST MCU movie though? Eh...I'd say it's a stretch, considering how Infinity War and Endgame exist and how they wrap up the Thanos saga well. One could debate that Civil War is better than Winter Soldier, which I could see. They're about equal in my book, and I flip-flop back and forth between which one I like more. But, Winter Soldier's certainly up there for me.

Either way, while it is well-liked...I haven't really met that many people who have "overly praised" the film as of late. At release? Yeah. But it's been forever since then and opinions are more toned down yet closer to accuracy as well. The same will most likely happen to Black Panther, but we'll see.

...Also, Spider-Verse is amazing. Love it myself.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can't think of 8 more colours that would be different enough to be able to differentiate them from the Inklings, otherwise they would definitely be on my list.
Default Purple (girl)
Default Purple (boy)
Sanitized Aquamarine
The ones from Splatoon 1 with seaweed (black)
Chaos Gold
Order Grey
Pearl Pink
Marina Green

there we go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom