• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im kinda digging the absence in the lipstick. Actually Im liking this new art style
The lipstick looked to damn tacky
Season 1 had Usagi written like a ungrateful immature butt so her having that look while acting like that was weird lol

Last one looks almost exactly like the style of the 90’s anime recreated with modern equipment.
That seems the idea for now as they probably want more familiar designs for nostalgia marketing and maaaybe Olympics promos

Rei lost her manga sidebang again and Minako's chain is absent but overall Tadano didn't disappoint.

nah, everything but the eyes

those oval eyes scream 2010 anime
Those eye shapes and glow patterns are similar to the ones used in R mostly but with the eyelashes a bit lower, the eyes became rounder later on in SuperS/Stars

The design base is basically 90s anime early seasons with modern coloring.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Those eye shapes and glow patterns are similar to the ones used in R mostly but with the eyelashes a bit lower, the eyes became rounder later on in SuperS/Stars

The design base is basically 90s anime early seasons with modern coloring.
i remember back when DBS was airing that a lot of people complained that it didnt look good because it was digitally created unlike Z, especially with the colors. the 90s anime color aesthetic is neat but DBZ had tons of jank looking moments

when you make half of your cell saga filler you kinda use up that budget

D

Deleted member

For those of you who are familiar with Final Fantasy 7, am I close to the end? Don't say what I still have left to do; while I'm aware of the final boss battle (not sure who WOULDN'T be at this point), I don't know what's between now and then, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I'll spoiler tag it just in case there are others, like me, who are getting into the game for the first time through the Switch version.

I have three of the four Huge Materia, and Cloud has recovered after we found out his true memories. I'm not 100% sure where the fourth Huge Materia is, but I'm guessing that it would either be in Midgar (since it's the one Shinra stronghold that I haven't revisited) or the rocket town where Cid was recruited. (since Shinra's plan is to launch those Materia into space to destroy Meteor)

Also, what's the easiest way to get Omnislash for Cloud? He's the only character that I've got all of the other limit breaks for (Tifa's close, but everybody else is at level 1 or 2 for their limits), but I'm not sure how I'll be able to earn enough points for it in the Gold Saucer's battle arena. I tried playing through that, barely won, got extremely lucky with the roulette (six of the seven spins were the Toad status effect, when I had a Ribbon equipped to negate it), and I only got a tenth of the points needed (roughly 3800, when I need 32000 to get Omnislash) and didn't have any currency left to give it another shot.
You are relatively close to the end, just a couple more hours. You need to revisit again a couple of locations before the final battle.

For Omnislash, I believe the Coliseum is one of the best options for points if my memory recalls correctly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think there's something to the 78 days theory. If it's true, then the release dates for the 4 DLC characters will be:

July 4th(Hero)
September 20th(Banjo)
December 7th
February 23rd

December 7th is Smash Ultimate's Anniversary and the DLC will be over by February 29th. Considering Banjo was revealed 2-3 months ago in advanced before his expected release, I think the last two DLC characters will be revealed in a final Smash Direct in November-December.
July 4th is a holiday for NA, and September 20th is the release date for Link's Awakening.

It's not impossible, but I feel like both of those days would be poor release dates.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm feeling a desire to replay Pikmin 2 again.

It's been so long since I had last booted it up. I always enjoyed the game and the challenges it gave me. It's still one of my favorites to this day, and at a point in my life where I rarely replay my older games anymore due to my life getting increasingly busier and focusing more of the free time I do have into online multiplayer gaming or playing through newer games I haven't finished before, Pikmin 2's among the few old games I own that I feel readily up to replaying.

Looks like it's time to start up my Wii again soon. I need my Pikmin fix...especially since E3 once more left me starving for Pikmin 4 news.

D

Deleted member

If Satan is the ruler of all things evil and sinful, why does he punish you in Hell for being evil and sinful?
Plot twist. Satan is a nice guy and his punishment is to punish people in hell.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Search “yy” on google, quick!

It’s blessed!
This is what I got:

Market Summary > YY Inc
FollowFollowing

NASDAQ: YY
69.69 USD +0.65 (0.94%)
Closed: Jun 28, 5:09 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 69.69 0.00 (0.00%)

Seems like it's going up, which is reassuring to people that bought said stock low. :p

D

Deleted member

I just watched hotel Mumbai and now I’m u p s e t

I need c u t e t h i n g s
Yeah. I need cute things to. Now don’t mind me, I’m just gonna go play some games.
1561933269166.gif

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
i remember back when DBS was airing that a lot of people complained that it didnt look good because it was digitally created unlike Z, especially with the colors. the 90s anime color aesthetic is neat but DBZ had tons of jank looking moments

when you make half of your cell saga filler you kinda use up that budget
The color choice is what favored Z and made Super look more odd.
DBS looked pretty plastic-ey most of the time

Vegeta had endless deformed forehead moments in Z but always looked intense af due the color choice for the SSJ hair and the clothing glow that appeared according with the transformations.

StormC

Smash Hero
Do any of you here have any positive things to say about the Switch's online services at the moment?

Or how about some pros and cons?

I'm just asking around yet again because I've been debating with myself back and forth on whether or not to get it yet, because I'm well aware it has it's issues but I'm also rather eager to start playing a few particular games online (Smash included obviously). Hoping this will help me better make a decision or at the least give me some peace of mind if I decide to get it soon anyway.
It’s 4.30 a head if you do the family plan which imo is a steal, especially once the SNES games come in. I just wish there was an alternative for the VC besides this, we’re already seeing a lack of certain titles because of this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Vegeta had endless deformed forehead moments in Z but always looked intense af due the color choice for the SSJ hair and the clothing glow that appeared according with the transformations.
i liked how they gave ssj and ssj2/3 distinct coloring in Z

regular ssj was usually just a monotone shade of yellow, but forms past that used multiple shades of yellow and gave it a more dirty blond look

**** was dope af

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm feeling a desire to replay Pikmin 2 again.

It's been so long since I had last booted it up. I always enjoyed the game and the challenges it gave me. It's still one of my favorites to this day, and at a point in my life where I rarely replay my older games anymore due to my life getting increasingly busier and focusing more of the free time I do have into online multiplayer gaming or playing through newer games I haven't finished before, Pikmin 2's among the few old games I own that I feel readily up to replaying.

Looks like it's time to start up my Wii again soon. I need my Pikmin fix...especially since E3 once more left me starving for Pikmin 4 news.
Enjoy the Waterwraith :^)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do any of you here have any positive things to say about the Switch's online services at the moment?

Or how about some pros and cons?

I'm just asking around yet again because I've been debating with myself back and forth on whether or not to get it yet, because I'm well aware it has it's issues but I'm also rather eager to start playing a few particular games online (Smash included obviously). Hoping this will help me better make a decision or at the least give me some peace of mind if I decide to get it soon anyway.
The fact that they're always updating the NES library to include at least one good game for many updates now. Like for the Wii U, it look like half a year just to get Bros. 3 out in the West after Japan got it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Finished watching Chernobyl this weekend. Great show and very little of it focused on more traditional Hollywood ways of writing things. We definitely need more solid mini-series these days like this one.

And as someone who has visited the site last year, it's still always strange to put the pieces of what I saw together with what once was. The show's dramatization has done really solidly in that regard too.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Finished watching Chernobyl this weekend. Great show and very little of it focused on more traditional Hollywood ways of writing things. We definitely need more solid mini-series these days like this one.

And as someone who has visited the site last year, it's still always strange to put the pieces of what I saw together with what once was. The show's dramatization has done really solidly in that regard too.
I really want to watch that show, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I agree about needing more mini-series though. I feel like I enjoy them more since they're more self-contained and not as drawn out as a lot of shows tend to get. "Less is more," I suppose.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I really want to watch that show, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I agree about needing more mini-series though. I feel like I enjoy them more since they're more self-contained and not as drawn out as a lot of shows tend to get. "Less is more," I suppose.
I can't recommend it enough. It's a fairly short five episode series, but it carries much more weight and genuine emotion than a lot of its contemporaries. The event and circumstances surrounding the actual disaster itself are also fascinating and laid out in fairly deep detail for such a short TV show as well.

D

Deleted member

For those of you who are familiar with Final Fantasy 7, am I close to the end? Don't say what I still have left to do; while I'm aware of the final boss battle (not sure who WOULDN'T be at this point), I don't know what's between now and then, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I'll spoiler tag it just in case there are others, like me, who are getting into the game for the first time through the Switch version.

I have three of the four Huge Materia, and Cloud has recovered after we found out his true memories. I'm not 100% sure where the fourth Huge Materia is, but I'm guessing that it would either be in Midgar (since it's the one Shinra stronghold that I haven't revisited) or the rocket town where Cid was recruited. (since Shinra's plan is to launch those Materia into space to destroy Meteor)

Also, what's the easiest way to get Omnislash for Cloud? He's the only character that I've got all of the other limit breaks for (Tifa's close, but everybody else is at level 1 or 2 for their limits), but I'm not sure how I'll be able to earn enough points for it in the Gold Saucer's battle arena. I tried playing through that, barely won, got extremely lucky with the roulette (six of the seven spins were the Toad status effect, when I had a Ribbon equipped to negate it), and I only got a tenth of the points needed (roughly 3800, when I need 32000 to get Omnislash) and didn't have any currency left to give it another shot.

Oh wow, I keep forgetting there are people who havent played FF7 despite it being more than 20 years old at this point lol.

Alright, let's see, I'm sure I can guess at where you're at, so here goes:
If you already have gotten Cloud back, with memories, and have 3 Huge Materia, that means the one you likely just finished getting was the Junon Underwater Reactor one. The first two would have been Corel & Fort Condor (both of those are done without Cloud and the story forces you to go 'check on him & Tifa' afterward before attempting the 3rd). If you're not sure where to go next, you either missed the conversation for it, or you haven't actually gotten the 3rd Huge Materia yet. After the Underwater Reactor and sinking the Red Submarine holding it, you actually have to go back underwater to find the downed sub; that's how you actually get it and then the story will tell you where the last one is. There are other things to explore down there, so you can go straight for the Sub or drive the sub around to explore a bit; Careful though; it can be dangerous).

After you go for the 4th Huge Materia, there's one last major area to go to (revisit) before the end of the 2nd disc. The 3rd Disc is entirely for optional stuff and the Final Dungeon, so depending on how much running around and leveling you want to do, you can either take on the final dungeon right at the start of Disc 3 (it's a fairly deep dungeon, so I'd say about an hour to get through and then the Final Boss segment) or do some optional quests like Chocobo Breeding or optional Dungeons for leveling, Materia, and Gear.

That covers where you are and what you've got left.

As for Omnislash, the only place to get it is the Colosseum in Gold Saucer. Unfortunately, with as far as you are, it's a bit more difficult. I actually try to get it as early as possible since the enemy possibilities within the arena are much easier to deal with than later on. Your best bet when doing the slots going to the next battle is to always land on something Materia related; that's what drives the score up the most. Personally, I tend to use a lot of Command (Yellow) materia like 2x Cut, Slash All, or Enemy Skill or 'Independent' (Pink) materia and little else; that way I can 'disable' Green, Blue, Red, or Pink materia and get the good points for it without impacting Cloud too badly.

One of the best setups to use, from personal experience, is having the Long Range materia equipped (makes it so you do the same damage from back row, meaning enemies will do less to you since you're 'further back'), Counterattack materia leveled up as much as possible (I think maxed gives you like an 80% chance of counterattack), and Destruct Materia + Added Effect; this gives your weapon the chance to Auto-Kill on contact (so each hit and each counter hit have the chance to cause Instant Death). That particular materia also has DeSpell on it if I'm not mistaken, so it can also cause your strikes to destroy Barrier & MBarrier as well. You may also want to have 'Ribbon' equipped since there are some enemies that will ruin your run instantly thanks to status effects like Frog, Berserk, Slow & Poison, etc.

Other than that, late game Gold Saucer Colosseum is kind of luck based in a way. You need double the points now than if you had attempted it in Disc 1; I believe it should be 32,000 for you now along with fighting MUCH harder enemies (like Malboro, Tonberry, or the damn dirty run-ending Mosquitoes) as oppossed to being 16,000 in Disc 1 and facing an either an Ochu or Sand Worm in the final match as the only things that could be qualified as 'difficult'.

Oh, and keep in mind: BP earned from the Arena will disappear if and when you exit the arena, meaning any BP you have leftover is GONE. You have to do the whole run at ONCE; you can't leave and stockpile BP. Omnislash is one of the best Limits in the game (Just behind Final Gospel and one other in my opinion) since the damage count is so high; it's meant to be one of the Hardest limit breaks to earn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey

Hey hey hey

You want some encouragement
No, I don't. I want to make it past round 1 for the first time in over a year. I appreciate the offer, but no amount of encouragement will help me right now unless it completely changes my stubborn mindset and that I do a total 180. And I've tried to change that pessimistic mindset, think "oh I'll just go in baby steps and keep improving". Where has that gotten me? Next to nowhere.

Maybe I'll just become a hermit and play Smash 12 hours a day. Maybe that'll help. IDK anymore.

and yes that last part is sarcasm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Satan is the ruler of all things evil and sinful, why does he punish you in Hell for being evil and sinful?
He has to establish dominance. How else is he going to be the king?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, but by the TOP and DBS Broly, I think they fixed most of the plastic-y look and made the characters look cool again.

That said, one thing I miss a lot from the older aesthetic is how flowing the hair is. Take Goku vs Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga. Even some parts of the Saiyaman and Buu episodes still kept the flowing hair. Super doesn't have too much of that, so combined with the plastic-y look of half of DBS, and it makes things look weirder.

Overall, Dragon Ball's definitely a franchise who's animation has some varying quality. Some episodes look really good, while others are clearly rushed. Whenever DB gets another show I hope a more consistent animation style is implemented. A series as huge and influential as Dragon Ball should be given the time it needs in both animation and writing to a cool as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom