• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay but for real though I'm a-ok with no Z-Moves and Mega Crystals.

I'll miss some Megas, but others.... yeah no.

Besides.... they'll probably be back down the line anyway.
The no mega thing annoys me because I don't understand why they'd bother taking them out. I can understand the Z-Move thing since it wasn't as well received, but everyone loves the megas. Even if you're not gonna make new ones, putting in the old ones seems like a no-brainer.

From what I've heard though, the no megas thing might be a mistranslation.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Like if you are still excited for the game BE excited. But this legitimately IS a GIANT issue for a lot of people, especially considering catching all the pokemon is basically the mantra of the series and keeping them all is something every single entry has tried to do till now.

If you don't care that's fine but stop trying to say the complaint isn't valid when the games are throwing away one of the most sacred parts of its series. :/

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you win some you lose some

congrats to banjo fans but i really dont care that much for the character, this fighters pass lookin like a waste of 25 dollars for me so far

Will Will

I'm sorry bro, it was both
I still got Luminary :secretkpop:

also this hotel wifi sucks ass

Noipoi

Howdy!
Like if you are still excited for the game BE excited. But this legitimately IS a GIANT issue for a lot of people, especially considering catching all the pokemon is basically the mantra of the series and keeping them all is something every single entry has tried to do till now.

If you don't care that's fine but stop trying to say the complaint isn't valid when the games are throwing away one of the most sacred parts of its series. :/
Complaints are completely valid

I also think people are overreacting to incredible degrees

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wonder what characters will be leaked next in the future for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Complaints are completely valid

I also think people are overreacting to incredible degrees
Wonder if you will still be saying this when we find out Incineroar doesn't fit in the region and will be stuck in either home or in a previous game for years. <_<

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

I have to agree with this. There are people out there taking it way out of proportion for sure, but that doesn't mean that the people that are disappointed about the news are on the same level as them.

It's a valid point of criticism considering their reasoning for doing so is flimsy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I may be late, but how do you all feel about the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie being in? I am especially excited for Banjo-Kazooie! Don't care much for the hero, though.

Shroob

Sup?
So at this point...

Verg is kinda word of god still when it comes to Smash, no?

He may have gotten Erd---Hero's name wrong.

He may have gotten the reveal date wrong.

He may not get Minecraft content(But it's HIGHLY likely at least with a Mii costume)

But both a 2nd SE rep being Dragon Quest and Banjo that he was "99% sure of" happened.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wonder if you will still be saying this when we find out Incineroar doesn't fit in the region and will be stuck in either home or in a previous game for years. <_<
If that’s the way it is then that’s the way it is

I’ll enjoy the game without Incineroar

Look I’m not trying to say my way of thinking is the only way. I know this matters a lot more to other people and they have a right to be upset, but I think getting out the torches and pitchforks is going a bit too far and I wish people would cool down.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I may be late, but how do you all feel about the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie being in? I am especially excited for Banjo-Kazooie! Don't care much for the hero, though.
I'm excited for both, despite having no prior attachment to either.

Hero looks pretty cool, and as I mentioned before, I want to Kamikazee the **** out of everyone.
Banjo looks cool as well, although I'm admittedly more excited for his stage. Spiral Mountain looks pretty cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hero has neat specials

but man people can actually have valid complaints about "anime swordfighter" this time with those generic A attacks

banjo is alright

Noipoi

Howdy!
Banjo is absolutely my favorite character in the fighters pass. Unless Sans or something is next he won’t be topped for me.

Hero is alright

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So at this point...

He may not get Minecraft content(But it's HIGHLY likely at least with a Mii costume)

But both a 2nd SE rep being Dragon Quest and Banjo that he was "99% sure of" happened.
Erdrick is a title and Luminary earned that title; he's still not technically incorrect on that part lol

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
If that’s the way it is then that’s the way it is

I’ll enjoy the game without Incineroar

Look I’m not trying to say my way of thinking is the only way. I know this matters a lot more to other people and they have a right to be upset, but I think getting out the torches and pitchforks is going a bit too far and I wish people would cool down.
You know one way that doesn't get people to cool down? Others completely dismissing their concerns and telling them they are wrong to be upset. Passive aggressive guilt trip posts tend to not do too well either.

D

Deleted member

I know Banjo is predominantly more hyped than Dragon Quest, but seeing people react to Dragon Quest in this video was pretty great. Makes me feel this was a good move in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Potato_

Smash Lord
So at this point...

For Smash, Verg's word is still pretty high for me. Even if he was late on Banjo, Erdrick was 100% his call, he used to say that he heard Luminary and Erdrick's names come up, and well I guess we all found out why.

His other stuff is pretty hit or miss, but Smash remains very strong.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hero does have a lot of standard attacks from other swordfighters in the roster already...

But I'm interested in seeing how there specials will play out.

Banjo was one of the few 3rd party characters I wanted in, so I'm very satisfied with that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me over here still without any of my most wanted

1560297150959.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually the opposite. Hero, or more specifically, Erdrick looks to be a very cool character that I'm actually hyped for.

Banjo... not so much. He's a neat concept, but so far Hero seems to be my favorite character.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know one way that doesn't get people to cool down? Others completely dismissing their concerns and telling them they are wrong to be upset. Passive aggressive guilt trip posts tend to not do too well either.
Gonna be honest with ya

I legit find these reactions a little funny, especially because I’m confident the issues will be addressed.

But I’m sorry for acting smug about your legitimate concerns

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I managed to watch the Direct live during some break time in work, but only now do I have time to share my thoughts. It was a great Direct! Figured I'd talk about the stuff that stuck out to me:
  • First up, looks like the Erdrick leak was real. Can't say I'm hyped to play Hero from Dragon Quest since I don't care for hisseries, but his moves looks pretty diverse and fun. I might give him a try and see how he plays.
    • Also, with The Hero's reveal trailer, I'm glad to that CG trailers are a still a thing with Smash Ultimate DLC. I remember how Smash 4 lacked those CG trailers for its DLC reveals, and while I get why because Sakurai and his team was smaller and thus didn't have the time to go for those super-fancy CG-animated trailers, it was still kinda sad not seeing CG trailers for characters that could've been really cool with such an effect like Ryu and Bayonetta.
  • Well well, Princess Peach is finally in a Luigi's Mansion game! Premise seems interesting so far with Mario, Luigi, and Peach staying at a haunted hotel. Probably going to come down to Luigi having to save not just Mario this time, but also Peach! Some of the new gameplay elements look cool too. I might consider buying it.
  • The Link's Awakening still looks good. Nice to see there's a Dungeon-maker.
  • The Fire Emblem Three Houses Reddit Leak was real all along! That makes me look even more forward to the game now that we now about this time-skip! From their older appearances, Claude is still my favorite of the three lords based on design (and also looking to be my favorite based on character as well), and Dimitri's design is also growing on me. If those leaks are anything to go by, I'm really interested in learning more about Dmitri too! He looks so changed and much more dark in his mannerisms (even losing an eye it seems), that I feel like he could be some kind of interesting villain protagonist of sorts. Edelgard looks quite elegant.
    • Also, did Byleth just go Super Saiyan in that one cutscene? What's up with that? He also seems to have blond hair throughout the entirety of the time skip shown so far. Perhaps it could be a customization thing, but I am willing to bet it has something to do with his/her powers.
  • So Pokemon Sword and Shield will be the first main series Pokemon games since HGSS to have Pokemon travel with you in real-life thanks to the Pokeball controller. Cool! I loved the Pokewalker, and this might just make me buy that Pokeball controller again just to be able to experience something similar again. Also, Nessa has a top tier design! Based on what we've seen and learned about her so far, she may just become one of my favorite gym leaders!
    • As for the Treehouse footage, the Wild Area is looking fun to explore! I really like the whistle feature and how it can help bring Pokemon closer to you! It might be rough having the possibility of running into a higher level Pokemon by accident though, especially when your chances of running from battle are lower when going up against a wild Pokemon with a higher level.
    • I am bummed to hear that Pokemon that don't appear in the Galar Pokedex can't be transferred into Sword and Shield via Pokemon Home. Not only does this confirm there will be no National Dex; it also means there is no way of transferring starters from past games unless it's a Kalos situation where we are gifted one from a set early into the story. Now I hope the Ralts evolution line will appear in Pokemon Sword and Shield so that I can consider transferring my shiny Gallade to those games. Otherwise, I hope a patch will come down the line to fix this.
  • Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina still look pretty good!
  • Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Games looks quite good! I didn't know they are adding skateboarding and rock climbing to this coming Olympic's, but that sure looks fun in-game!
  • I don't care for Animal Crossing, but being able to create a town from a completely deserted island? Sounds daunting!
  • So the Banjo & Kazooie Smash leak was also real! To be honest, I only expected one fighter reveal today, not 2! I never played the Banjo games since I didn't grow up playing the N64, thus I was indifferent to whether or not Banjo & Kazooie would be added into Smash. Seeing him revealed made me quite happy though. The choice of music they used for his reveal trailer and knowing how heavily requested he was put a smile on my face! Congrats Banjo & Kazooie fans! Your character is finally in Smash! His moveset looks nice too, and his stage looks great!
    • I'll admit I was initially expecting another villainous character would be revealed as the other DLC fighter when they showed that montage of the "Nintendo heroes vs their villains" from K. Rool's reveal trailer again, and seeing the DK reps appear together in the same way K. Rool's trailer then made me think Dixie Kong was going to be revealed (since she feels like the next DK rep should the series get a 4th one in the roster). I didn't know which other Smash character would pull off the "troll" move like what happened with K. Rool last time, but the Duck Hunt duo pulling it off was fitting.
  • So Breath of the Wild is getting a sequel! YOOOOOO!!! That is really hype! I didn't expect this at all! I can't wait to see where the story will go from there, and it also means we'll see some returning faces too! Maybe they can bring back the four Champions' spirits in some way so that we can learn even more about them and perhaps see them engage in the story in some cool ways? That'd be fun!
    • I sure wonder who is that awakened corpse supposed to be. It'd be cool if it was Ganondorf, but I'm also open to the possibility of it being a new villain similar to Zant and Ghirahim.
    • And Zelda accompanies Link in this quest! I'm hoping this means we'll finally have a playable Zelda!
      • I wonder what made her cut her hair a bit, but she still looks cute that way.
The highlights of today's Direct for me were the Three Houses trailer, the Banjo & Kazooie reveal trailer, and the reveal of BotW 2!

D

Deleted member

I love Summer and all, but can it be Fall? Please?
I need to play both of these characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I know Banjo is predominantly more hyped than Dragon Quest, but seeing people react to Dragon Quest in this video was pretty great. Makes me feel this was a good move in the long run.
Gotta admit, the trailer itself was pretty incredible. One of the best ones so far imo.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Hero's cool, reminds me a lot of Robin so I'm excited to try them out.

Banjo is cool because of the whole revival thing, but I'm not interested in playing them.

Neither character really jumps out to me as something I really wanted but I got Joker as dlc already so I'm not complaining.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fun fact: due to the timeskip, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are actually some of the oldest Lords in Fire Emblem (Byleth as well if they're the same age). All of them are 17-18 before the skip, so they're 22-23 after it. This makes them surpass Ike (20) and Chrom (21), either tie or pass Sigurd (22), and either tie or fall just below Micaiah (at least 23, but it's vague).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Broo the cheering for Hero and Animal Crossing
My heart is melting

Shroob

Sup?
I love Summer and all, but can it be Fall? Please?
I need to play both of these characters.
But Shiny

When Fall comes, we'll know character 4 with a November/December release.

And by then, we'll know character 5 with a Feb2020 release.

You're in this for the long haul.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who still likes Sword and Shield holy ****

I get it, the transfer system sucks. But is that the whole game? Everything else looks great!
The game is good, yeah. I think people are overreacting about the transfer system.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hero's cool, reminds me a lot of Robin so I'm excited to try them out.

Banjo is cool because of the whole revival thing, but I'm not interested in playing them.

Neither character really jumps out to me as something I really wanted but I got Joker as dlc already so I'm not complaining.
waiting for the cutscene where the rare characters are all cartoony and then this ************ pops out

1560297523318.png

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
With 3 of the DLC characters being third-party, it seems like the last two will be third party as well. Heres to hoping theres going to be a second DLC pack with first party characters.

D

Deleted member

Considering Steve is dead, I do not know who to root for anymore without it being the same. I could root for Master Chief, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Doomslayer, etc, but I never played their games.
I am happy I do not have to worry about anyone anymore.
Banjo-Kazooie is the closest thing we will get to Minecraft content in Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Every Banjo reaction I’ve seen has been hilarious

Especially this one with three guys. While the other two are spazzing out and running around the room the third guy is just sitting there saying “dammit, I didn’t want Banjo”

Hilarious

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1560297640382.png

holy **** how many moves is the dragon quest character supposed to steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom