• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Don't get me wrong, I still love what they're doing with Sword & Shield as a whole.

But the transfer system is a bit of an OOF moment.

It's the same thing w/ Mario Maker 2. And apparently they're working on fixing that, so the same can happen w/ Pokemon.
It's not even the transfer system sucking. It's that for the first time ever in the series a whole lot of pokemon are just.....gone. Not held off for a bit, not hard to get, just gone. Gen 3 couldnt transfer and even then all the pokemon were in the code. The series has tried its hardest to prevent this exact thing from happening with transfer methods between gens and with bank and now we are told that a good chunk of pokemon are just not going to exist in the new games despite the fact that hi res models for them already exist.
It's massively deflating to have pokemon you are super attached to and that they have given you ways to keep with you in the past and they now say they aren't allowed anymore. How can I catch them all when the pokemon aren't even all there? :/
I don't hate the games but keeping your pokemon you are attached to is literally one of the big things the series has kept as a major theme and this is going to force a lot of people to have to abandon them

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love how people actually believe that Gamefreak would cut 400+ Pokemon from the series permanently. Lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who still likes Sword and Shield holy ****

I get it, the transfer system sucks. But is that the whole game? Everything else looks great!
I never transfer in Pokemon games so this doesn't affect me. I might get Sword and Shield some time.

D

Deleted member

Sword and Shield are going to be fantastic.
Watch us get a patch in Sword and Shield. Even if we do not get a patch, I will still enjoy it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If Lloyd got in, then I am 99% sure that he would be hated for being "ANOTHER anime swordfighter? Pass"
Smash Flash 2 saved the character for me before I even knew who he was. That game showed me he is capable of some dope ****, so I know he wouldn't just be another anime swordsman.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh sorry, I forgot Lloyd was in the club of "Yeah, he isn't an GENERIC Anime swordfighter, so he doesn't count"

How is that determined again? Just make an exception for characters they want in?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Online with friends in Mario Maker 2 further cements this argument; it might not seem like it, but Nintendo is always listening in on fan feedback, and they essentially have Game Freak under their control. The uproar caused by MM2 was loud enough, so I doubt that no changes will be made to SwSh.
There was an uproar over no national dex in Sun and Moon. Never got added. Several games in X and Y's engine added new things that never got patched into them despite the fanbase wanting them to. The only times they have patched the games were for game breaking glitches or to try to curb hackers.
I see no reason to believe that TPC or Gamefreak would patch anything in despite being able to. Not when they have a history of not doing that and when they could put out two new versions in a year or two that will actually have the slightly edited versions of models they already have. :/

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I like Sylux but I don't want to see him in Smash until Metroid Prime 4 comes out and he's given a bigger role. His moveset and design would be outdated and limited if they're going to go only by Hunters. I want him to appear with a more updated design and expanded abilities that help expand his moveset.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
In a way this might make online battling more appealing to me. Whenever I went there I had people with hacked mons or perfectly trained ones from generations ago. Like damn I can't compete with it.

Now the playing field is a bit more even, and with a smaller selection you may use ones you never thought you'd use.

The removal of mega stones or z-crystals I don't care for. I actually think Dynamaxing will be more versatile in battle. I know I said I didn't care for it initially, but the fact you can do it to any Pokemon means you have to think when and who to dynamax. Megas and Z-moves pretty much made one Pokemon your ace by default. Here they can all be your ace depending on the situation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh sorry, I forgot Lloyd was in the club of "Yeah, he isn't an GENERIC Anime swordfighter, so he doesn't count"

How is that determined again? Just make an exception for characters they want in?
It’s quite simple you see

Anime swordsman + character I’m unfamiliar with = SAKURAI AND HIS ANIMES FHHTVYBHCDFCHBJV

Anime swordsman + character I’m familiar with = well this inclusion makes perfect sense

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I love how people actually believe that Gamefreak would cut 400+ Pokemon from the series permanently. Lol
Of course it's not permanent but it's foolish to think they are going to "patch them in" rather than do their normal thing of upgraded versions that will have them.

Shroob

Sup?

"Was the character pre-Wii?

Did they have a good fanbase that started during Brawl?"

There you go.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
In a way this might make online battling more appealing to me. Whenever I went there I had people with hacked mons or perfectly trained ones from generations ago. Like damn I can't compete with it.

Now the playing field is a bit more even, and with a smaller selection you may use ones you never thought you'd use.

The removal of mega stones or z-crystals I don't care for. I actually think Dynamaxing will be more versatile in battle. I know I said I didn't care for it initially, but the fact you can do it to any Pokemon means you have to think when and who to dynamax. Megas and Z-moves pretty much made one Pokemon your ace by default. Here they can all be your ace depending on the situation.
That's not going to change here though. When home goes up people are going to have their maxed out mons in regardless, just a smaller selection of them.
Rip anyone who actually liked pokemon that required megas to be relevant in competition though.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I like Sylux but I don't want to see him in Smash until Metroid Prime 4 comes out and he's given a bigger role. His moveset and design would be outdated and limited if they're going to go only by Hunters. I want him to appear with a more updated design and expanded abilities that help expand his moveset.
Yeah, if Sylux were to get it, it would probably be during a different fighter's pass

That's a mighty high check list. Our roster will be in the 120 region.
More like we would be going from Smash Ultimate to Smash M.U.G.E.N.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone: If you can't transfer all old pokemon from Sword/Shield, what even is the point?

Me: Okay but consider this

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Curious question you all? Say at the VGA in December they not only reveal remastered versions of the first two Banjo games and a new sequel titled Banjo-Threeie (Which recons Nuts & Bolts which never happened) but also announces that Microsoft has given the rights to the franchise back to Nintendo.

How thrilled would you guys be?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sakurai really is just going down the checklist of characters that will finally shut people up
As he said himself, he can't please everyone. Someone will always be discontent with the inclusions and exclusions of this game. However, I think he's also decided he'll still try his damnedest to please the most people possible. Hence the massive eastern and western appeal of today's reveals. Something for the general audience, and something for the more hardcore fans.

What I'm saying is that Sakurai has the Thanos balancing philosophy without the genocide.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes how dare people be upset over potentially losing hundreds of other pokemon they already like and are attached to. This one has a dog and some imp thing so that's all right.....
Bro

Bro

They’re gonna fix it

No need to sass me lol

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes how dare people be upset over potentially losing hundreds of other pokemon they already like and are attached to. This one has a dog and some imp thing so that's all right.....
I mean, those pokemon aren't going anywhere. It's not like Gamefreak is going around and personally deleting everyone's save data.

I get why people are upset but the reaction does seem a bit extreme to me. But I suppose I have such a large collection that most of them spend 99% of their time in the box anyway...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fair enough but I still think she should be separate from the Fighter Pass
If they decide to make more individual DLC characters, that could happen

It’s the only way I see Bandana Dee happening at this point too

Elma deserves the full package tho, I need me some Sawano Bangers(TM)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If people wanna miss a Corgi and Freddie Freaker over this that’s on them...
I mean don't get me wrong, this isn't a deal breaker by any means.

But this is kinda the first time (not counting Let's Go for obvious reasons), that not all Pokemon will be usable in a mainline game (unless I'm missing something).

That's still pretty big of an OOF.

Again, this can change in the future, but for now, some people are gonna be disappointed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom