• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They should have announced a new Killer Instinct game. Would have added an instant 2 points to the presentation.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
GoNintendo just posted an article based on a tweet from Microsoft. The Tweet contained the “Xbox schedule” for E3.

Well.

5AF934DA-6034-4480-83F3-CD8793957F7B.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Halo Infinite trailer is called "Discover Hope". The Chief's gonna discover some body bags to put these dudes in.

GoNintendo just posted an article based on a tweet from Microsoft. The Tweet contained the “Xbox schedule” for E3.

Well.

View attachment 226874
Well, let's hope it isn't just the Minecraft trailer but for Nintendo. It shouldn't be because they uploaded it already.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Saying you’ll “settle” for a revival of a dead-for-over-a-decade IP is like me saying I want $1,000,000, but will settle for $100,000. That’s just too high expectations.

They’re already working on reviving a Rare IP, Battletoads.

You can’t say there were no cool third party offerings either. Maybe they weren’t your kind of thing, but they weren’t “bad games.” Most of those games aren’t really my thing (I don’t even have an XBox), but I still appreciated them for what they we’re doing.
And you are not the kind of person I need to be talking to right now.

I’ll still watch Bethesda and Devolver later. And i’ll Try to record. Hopefully my laptop won’t crash this time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, no matter how bad things get, just remember, at least it isn't the Google Stadia.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That schedule literally has every E3 presentation
Here's the thing though.

All of the presentations, except for Nintendo are 3rd parties that are likely making software for Xbox. Sure, they could have Nintendo there for the sake of having it there, but at the same time, it could also mean there's more to it than that.

......Isn't Tuesday at 9am when Nintendo does their presentation....?
That's my point. It has the time there, but if there's nothing related to Xbox, why would you pay attention to the Nintendo or actively show it off as the Xbox account?

Seems potentially connected.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is all of us Banjo Boys ATM.

Knowing that this minor disappointment will lead to massive hype not too long from now.
I’m trying. I’m really trying. But the universe doesn’t like for people to be happy.
You know, I'm thinking of playing Battletoads even if I win the bet. I feel Battletoads being revived is something to try out.
Assuming it’s not BS hard like the old games. I’m interested. But I just don’t like difficulty.
As a Steve fan, I question all of this ruckus.
Losing a new game does not mean losing a character confirmation. Banjo still has a lot of steam.
I am very confused why you all are overreacting.
Because I wanted a new Banjo game! Or at the very least a set of HD remakes! They own so many great ips and they continue to just let them sit and do nothing with them so they can chase the “realistic shooter, “games trying to be movies” trend” and I’m just ****ing sick of it. Sure he could still be in Smash, and i’ll Be happy if it happens. But this direct is just more confirmation that Gaming is going away from where my interests lie and i’ll Soon stop playing and loose the one thing I had left in this world and i’ll Be all alone again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** it. I'm just gonna say it to save myself the disappointment but it won't be Banjo that gets revealed on Tuesday. All this hype most of the time always leads to disappontment.

Whether its Erdrick, Gen 8 Pokemon, Fire Emblem rep or Steve though. I don't know.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m trying. I’m really trying. But the universe doesn’t like for people to be happy.

Assuming it’s not BS hard like the old games. I’m interested. But I just don’t like difficulty.

Because I wanted a new Banjo game! Or at the very least a set of HD remakes! They own so many great ips and they continue to just let them sit and do nothing with them so they can chase the “realistic shooter, “games trying to be movies” trend” and I’m just ****ing sick of it. Sure he could still be in Smash, and i’ll Be happy if it happens. But this direct is just more confirmation that Gaming is going away from where my interests lie and i’ll Soon stop playing and loose the one thing I had left in this world and i’ll Be all alone again.
>Calling a set of HD remakes the least you want.

Your expectations are a bit too high mate.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wait is the XBone conference over?

And judging by the general feel in the air it wasn't great?
The reaction is a bit odd.

When I first looked at the chat everyone was losing their **** at how good it was.

Now everyone seems disappointed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I simply find it interesting that the image itself has each conference posted (as each 3rd party would likely have games that appear on Xbox consoles) and then Nintendo.

Sure, they could just put them on there for completions sake. But...we know they'll worked with them at this point...

Who knows?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

You literally just admitted that you think it’s garbage because you’re not into those kind of games.

I’m not a shooter guy myself, but it’s pretty bold to claim gaming as a whole is entirely going that way. Pretty sure we’re past the worst of the “everything is shooty mcshoot,” phase. I’ve seen the amount of imaginative games with new and cool ideas rise over the past few years, and not just with Nintendo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait is the XBone conference over?

And judging by the general feel in the air it wasn't great?
Yeah, it's over. There wasn't much that I was interested in personally - they did announce a new console, which is supposed to be out in the holiday season next year, but they mainly talked about tech specs (120 fps! 8K resolution!) as opposed to what makes it worth buying over other consoles.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
>Calling a set of HD remakes the least you want.

Your expectations are a bit too high mate.
So what! I’m just not allowed to be happy!?! I’m just not allowed to want things!?! I’m not allowed to like things?!? I’m so ****ing sick of all of this! If the universe doesn’t want me to be happy then i’ll Oblige and just stop trying. Clearly I was put on this earth to be a miserable crotchety slob who never contributes anything.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
**** it. I'm just gonna say it to save myself the disappointment but it won't be Banjo that gets revealed on Tuesday. All this hype most of the time always leads to disappontment.

Whether its Erdrick, Gen 8 Pokemon, Fire Emblem rep or Steve though. I don't know.
Say it a 28th time for the people in the back.

It’s good to temper your expectations, but you’ve been saying “It’s not going to be Banjo guys stop being excited you’re going to be disappointed” for the past 24 hours.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it's over. There wasn't much that I was interested in personally - they did announce a new console, which is supposed to be out in the holiday season next year, but they mainly talked about tech specs (120 fps! 8K resolution!) as opposed to what makes it worth buying over other consoles.
Oh they did?

That's one of the things Verg mentioned, though I'm unsure how widespread it is in the greater leak scene.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
LEGO Star Wars has me hype though.

First Battle for Bikini Bottom, now this? Bidoof’s Childhood HD Remaster
I can't believe they brought back the grunts for lego star wars instead of doing voice acting. I didn't expect to be nostalgia baited by a lego game today.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So what! I’m just not allowed to be happy!?! I’m just not allowed to want things!?! I’m not allowed to like things?!? I’m so ****ing sick of all of this! If the universe doesn’t want me to be happy then i’ll Oblige and just stop trying. Clearly I was put on this earth to be a miserable crotchety slob who never contributes anything.

I am still waiting for a new goemon game. Last one was in 2005. Last one in english was 1999. No rereleases either.

People make due.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I never said you shouldn’t be happy. I said you shouldn’t set your expectations so high. Rareware isn’t some godlike company that can just go “Let’s remake three Banjo Kazooie games!” all of a sudden. Don’t get mad just because you didn’t get what you wanted.

Shroob

Sup?
Well...

If it is Banjo:

Rejoice, a long wanted character is in.

If it isn't Banjo:

Y'all got played hard by Shinobi

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You literally just admitted that you think it’s garbage because you’re not into those kind of games.

I’m not a shooter guy myself, but it’s pretty bold to claim gaming as a whole is entirely going that way. Pretty sure we’re past the worst of the “everything is shooty mcshoot,” phase. I’ve seen the amount of imaginative games with new and cool ideas rise over the past few years, and not just with Nintendo.
It’s not just that! It’s all open world customizable fantasy ****. It’s all arthouse indie games that are too pretentious for their own good. It’s all Assasin’s creed style exploration games. It’s all RPGs with high fantasy settings and magic and crap. It’s all overly difficult games that think dying a billion times is fun. I hate it. I just want cool 3D platformers, fighting games with huge rosters, stylish hack n slash games that don’t relentlessly kick you in the shins. I want fun back.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another reason I'm not expecting Banjo at this point is because he's of an current dead franchise. Look what that lead Isaac to. Being an assist trophy again. What would make Banjo any different?

Yes he's been heavily demanded but so was Isaac.

As said I'm setting myself up for the disappointment.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that, do you know what the level requirement for the new DLC is?
Can't find a solid answer online and I'm playing in UVHM with a maxed-out (formerly anyway) character and auto level-scaling so I don't know personally, but I assume for normal it's mid 30s range and for TVHM it's 50 like all the other DLCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom