• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It’s not just that! It’s all open world customizable fantasy ****. It’s all arthouse indie games that are too pretentious for their own good. It’s all Assasin’s creed style exploration games. It’s all RPGs with high fantasy settings and magic and crap. It’s all overly difficult games that think dying a billion times is fun. I hate it. I just want cool 3D platformers, fighting games with huge rosters, stylish hack n slash games that don’t relentlessly kick you in the shins. I want fun back.
Fun is relative. And yooka laylee was awesome. Play it.

D

Deleted member

The whole entire indie game kickstater goldrush from 2012-15 was funny cause a majority games ended up never releasing or ended up as pure dissapointments

and MN9 basically just killed the whole thing
WhAT aBOuT UndeRtAle? /s

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s not just that! It’s all open world customizable fantasy ****. It’s all arthouse indie games that are too pretentious for their own good. It’s all Assasin’s creed style exploration games. It’s all RPGs with high fantasy settings and magic and crap. It’s all overly difficult games that think dying a billion times is fun. I hate it. I just want cool 3D platformers, fighting games with huge rosters, stylish hack n slash games that don’t relentlessly kick you in the shins. I want fun back.
Have you ever considered that maybe other people find it fun?
That maybe other people can find enjoyment in places that you can’t?

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you need to **** on it for everyone else.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly though

I find this turn of events, dare I say it

fun

So many people were locked into the idea of "Banjo's guaranteed now", and now that there was nothing from Microsoft, that's shaken up people's faith.

Speculation is more fun when things aren't laid out for you as certaintys, after all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have you ever considered that maybe other people find it fun?
That maybe other people can find enjoyment in places that you can’t?

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you need to **** on it for everyone else.
I need to stop talking to you. Irl I’m in a hysterical crying fit right now. And this is not helping and clearly I’m not communicating my problems in a clear or effective manner.

If your happy, then fine. Good for you. But I’m not. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because gaming clearly agrees with you and not me. I guess the universe really doesn’t want me to die unhappy and alone.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd say tomorrow is going to be the most interesting of all, considering Sabi said she'd be sharing some information.

However, Sabi has gotten stuff wrong in the past. But we'll if that changes.

Verg has a few things he claims he has heard but we'll see how those turn out.

Who's to say there won't even be an image leak? Big Y I K E S if that happens.

I ****ing love E3. It's like Christmas for gamers.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd say tomorrow is going to be the most interesting of all, considering Sabi said she'd be sharing some information.

However, Sabi has gotten stuff wrong in the past. But we'll if that changes.

Verg has a few things he claims he has heard but we'll see how those turn out.

Who's to say there won't even be an image leak? Big Y I K E S if that happens.

I ****ing love E3. It's like Christmas for gamers.
>Putting faith in Sabi, who's gotten **** wrong
>Not the CHAD VRPlant with the 100% track record.

Teach, even you should know that an A is a better grade than a B- :mybodyisreggie:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You didn't like the deer game?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
- Fantasy RPG’s with “magic and crap” have been around since the 80’s and definitely aren’t new.
- Overly difficult games are literally based on how difficult games were in the 80’s and 90’s.
- 3D platformerd still exist.
- Fighting games still exist.
- Hack n slash games still exist and have easy modes (hello DMC5 and Bayonetta).

The only difference between now and then is that instead of a bunch of unoriginal platformers we have a bunch of unoriginal open-world action games. You had to look through the trash to find the gold back then and you still have to today. For every God of War PS4 there are 5 cookie cutter Ubisoft games. For every Super Mario World there are 5 crappy mascot tie-in games.

Not much has changed.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I need to stop talking to you. Irl I’m in a hysterical crying fit right now. And this is not helping and clearly I’m not communicating my problems in a clear or effective manner.

If your happy, then fine. Good for you. But I’m not. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because gaming clearly agrees with you and not me. I guess the universe really doesn’t want me to die unhappy and alone.
This response is not good. Civil discussion with this is not helpful. If you are in tears from an online fourm, please seek help. Nothing remotely harmful has been said, just general online discussions.

Like i said. Yooka laylee is great. And none of the older games have gone away. I have so many games from the ps2 era alone i have missed. Get into those.

Okami is on every major system. Play it .
Hell, if tou need recommendations, i have millions.

In my opinion only Sega has the background for a smash-like
Ms coukd do it .

Master chief
Ori
Cuphead
Banjo
The toads
Gears of war guy

That gives us atleast 10,14 characters.
Plus series i did not mention.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of games 12 minutes looks weird but could be interesting

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Another reason I'm not expecting Banjo at this point is because he's of an current dead franchise. Look what that lead Isaac to. Being an assist trophy again. What would make Banjo any different?

Yes he's been heavily demanded but so was Isaac.

As said I'm setting myself up for the disappointment.
Cool. Why you trying to bring everyone else down with you?

“Sakurai said Ridley wouldn’t happen. Are you going to trust these leakers with a proven track record?”

History repeats itself

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

If your getting this emotional over a video game I reccomend seeking therapeutic help.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cool. Why you trying to bring everyone else down with you?

“Sakurai said Ridley wouldn’t happen. Are you going to trust these leakers with a proven track record?”

History repeats itself
As I stated. Ridley's of an active franchise. Banjo and Isaac aren't that's why I'm starting to think he might not get in after all...Its the same reason K. Rool got in as well despite having been irrelevant for a decade.
Sorry its just I don't want to become disappointed again as I was at the VGA although unlike Erdrick I do admit:ultjoker:was pretty hype as I didn't expect him.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whoa whoa whoa, let's chill out here. SnakeFighter64 is clearly distressed and we shouldn't be adding to that by mass quoting her posts with replies. I think enough has been said on that subject and we don't need to harp on it anymore. Let's move on.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Can't find a solid answer online and I'm playing in UVHM with a maxed-out (formerly anyway) character and auto level-scaling so I don't know personally, but I assume for normal it's mid 30s range and for TVHM it's 50 like all the other DLCs.
Yea, all I could online said that it was Level 30, but I was hoping to play it on TVHM with either my Zer0 or Krieg who are both around mid-50s. I'm just sad I won't have time to play it until Tuesday...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, speaking of Keanu Reeves, I saw John Wick 3 yesterday.

It was stupid fun, like, I legit could not take it seriously at all with how over the top the action was. The eye scene got someone to shriek in the theater though.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
>Putting faith in Sabi, who's gotten **** wrong
>Not the CHAD VRPlant with the 100% track record.

Teach, even you should know that an A is a better grade than a B- :mybodyisreggie:
but the virtual reality plant hasn't said anything yet

Has he?

(Is VRPlant a he? Plants are androgynous aren't they?)

Shroob

Sup?
but the virtual reality plant hasn't said anything yet

Has he?

(Is VRPlant a he? Plants are androgynous aren't they?)
They strike one day before.

It'll be Monday or bust for them to strike, and so far they have a legitimately perfect track record, so, tbh, what they say should be taken as a very good indication as to what to expect.

If they speak.

D

Deleted member

Can’t wait until they announce that the next smash character is Microsoft itself. Just the entire company as a character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'all ain't prepared for standalone Arsene to be Challenger Pack 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom