• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So at the end of the day, we got trailers for two new Switch games: Spiritfarer and Minecraft Dungeons along with an old Nintendo series getting a new game in Battletoads.
You know, I'm thinking of playing Battletoads even if I win the bet. I feel Battletoads being revived is something to try out.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

As a Steve fan, I question all of this ruckus.
Losing a new game does not mean losing a character confirmation. Banjo still has a lot of steam.
I am very confused why you all are overreacting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Constantine Shigeru Wick enters the Miyamotomatrix
Real talk, I want a Matrix spinoff featuring Miyamoto.

Except Miyamoto is in the position of the Architect and he restarts The Matrix everytime he can't think of a new gimmick to add to it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ok Social. Top 9 favorite games.

Apologies for the late response. Been busy throughout today, so now I finally have the time to make a post.

I made a collage with that same theme in mind for a different website so I'll share it here. My top 9 favorite video games:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think the leaker situation really changes for Banjo. No one was promising a Banjo game. Like, best case scenario was always Banjo game/remasters + Banjo for Smash, but nothing confirmed a Banjo game. Now it's just the good timeline with potentially Banjo in Smash
Well, it can still happen for sure, but it still hurts the chances since there's nothing banjo on the horizon from microsoft themselves.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Now someone just needs to draw Dr. Mario offering Miyamoto a blue pill or a red pill

D

Deleted member

As a Steve fan, I question all of this ruckus.
Losing a new game does not mean losing a character confirmation. Banjo still has a lot of steam.
I am very confused why you all are overreacting.
The lack of Banjo game being used for disconfirmation doesn't make sense, but that Shinobi fake post got me before @Chucklehead Tom came down the mountain to deliver God's word

D

Deleted member

Well, it can still happen for sure, but it still hurts the chances since there's nothing banjo on the horizon from microsoft themselves.
Well then the next logical step before fearing the worst is to check whether Rare is coming back to Switch. I don't see anything like that in Nintendo's direct, I'm gonna be sweating.

D

Deleted member

Also want to highlight that one pencil and paper styled game they showed. It looked genuinely pretty neat, did they show a name?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well then the next logical step before fearing the worst is to check whether Rare is coming back to Switch. I don't see anything like that in Nintendo's direct, I'm gonna be sweating.
Right. Technically it could happen if it's specifically for the switch.
It just all really comes down to nintendo.

As for dragon quest, we still have the SE conference. Really hoping for that dq collection. Altho i guess that too could be presented by nintendo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But seriously, how in the ****ing hell do you confuse a 54 year old American film actor with a 66 year old Japanese game designer?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But seriously, how in the ****ing hell do you confuse a 54 year old American film actor with a 66 year old Japanese game designer?

Miyamoto is 66?

Keanu is 54?

Snake_gets_****ing_old.gif

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
About the DBZ game, coolest part is getting a legit fight with Great Ape Vegeta. Since this is an Action RPG and not a 3D arena fighter(although it looks kind of like one), how will they handle different characters, if at all? Do we get to style on mooks?

I'm keeping my eye on it. If it does some neat stuff that isn't terribly common for DBZ games, I'd be happy to try it out, otherwise, I got DBFZ for a Dragon Ball fix, though it is a different genre.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lego Star Wars 5 also confirmed for Nintendo Switch.

D

Deleted member

Anyway I'm gonna go slam my face against the new Borderlands 2 raid boss for the next few hours or so
>Keanu is 54
I'm convinced that man is a ****ing vampire or something

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Back from a recording session so I go to use the restroom. I come back and there is a trail of **** leading right into my room...
567B8571-08DE-4DAF-B15F-9858CFB27E0A.jpeg

Five minutes.
I left
For five minutes

D

Deleted member

Right. Technically it could happen if it's specifically for the switch.
It just all really comes down to nintendo.

As for dragon quest, we still have the SE conference. Really hoping for that dq collection. Altho i guess that too could be presented by nintendo.
Hell yeah. I've never seen the SE conferences so I'll be interested in what they show off after all of this Dragon Quest and Square Enix discussion. Probably FF 7.
I swear if that Shinobi post was real all hell would've broken loose. That would've been a complete **** move by him.
I was about to never trust leaks again.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Aw man, I'm not gonna be here for the Nintendo direct. If only it was at a reasonable time for a tuesday, like literally every other nintendo direct.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
No Banjo game being shown at Microsoft's conference means he's not getting a revival. However, there is still the possibility that Rare Replay might get ported to the switch. As for Smash, the lack of a Banjo revival put a big damper to his chances. We'll just have to see what will happen two days from now.

D

Deleted member

Anyway I’m back. Tell me all the good **** that happened.
Starting with good news

• Psychonauts 2
  • A really cool paper game inspired clearly by Dragon Quest
  • New Battletoads
  • New Halo if you're into that
  • Lego racers
  • A lot of people liked this game called Cyberpunk. It looked pretty cool
  • There might be more but I forgot
Bad news:
  • No new Banjo game announced
  • Apparently some people mistook Keanu Reeves for Miyamoto and said Miyamoto was showing up. This turned out to be Keanu instead.
That's about it from me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
LEGO Star Wars has me hype though.

First Battle for Bikini Bottom, now this? Bidoof’s Childhood HD Remaster

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Keanu got confirmed for Smash
View attachment 226870
Good meme.
Starting with good news

• Psychonauts 2
  • A really cool paper game inspired clearly by Dragon Quest
  • New Battletoads
  • New Halo if you're into that
  • Lego racers
  • A lot of people liked this game called Cyberpunk. It looked pretty cool
  • There might be more but I forgot
Bad news:
  • No new Banjo game announced
  • Apparently some people mistook Keanu Reeves for Miyamoto and said Miyamoto was showing up. This turned out to be Keanu instead.
That's about it from me.
Rareware employees on twitter hyping up a Banjo game. 2019 colorized.
CAE23E20-A03A-4EF9-8274-9C9ADDF23EA3.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Keanu's part Asian and has shoulder length black hair. Clearly that's enough to confuse the two. /s

Anyway I’m back. Tell me all the good **** that happened.
- No Banjo game, but he ain't out of the woods juuuust yet.
- BattleToads Gameplay.
- Ori 2 coming out in February.
- Some Generic Post Apocalypse games
- Some Gereric "Hero Shooter" game from Ninja Theory
- Master Chief is back at it again, but had his screentime stolen by SadDad Protag #57.
- Fromsoft and GRRM are making a game.
- New Tales of game.
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot's the name of the Action RPG
- Forza Lego
- Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077.
- New X-Box is gonna be out by Holiday 2020.
- PSO2 headed to the west after almost 8 years.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Please port Rare Replay to Switch. I really really really want to play Viva Piñata again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom