• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I wonder if there's no Banjo related news during E3 would people act like he's disconfirmed just like they act with Erdrick if he doesn't appear now.
Well, yeah, I get that, but the media made it out to be like he was supposed to announce something.

My question is, what was there to announce?
Really my only guesses originally were xCloud on Switch or a joint project with MS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"banjo not showing up actually makes him even more likely for smash" is some 6th-dimensional **** i can't even begin to comprehend
People are only saying this because of all the merch being teased for him that’s related to E3. Meaning if Microsoft didn’t have a new game the next logical step is that it must be to promote his smash appearance.

Which I don’t fully agree with but it’s a possibility I guess

D

Deleted member

You know, I wonder if there's no Banjo related news during E3 would people act like he's disconfirmed just like they act with Erdrick if he doesn't appear now.
Depends on what they show. If it's Steve, I'm assuming a dead bear and bird. If it's Erdrick, I can wait for a couple more months

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"banjo not showing up actually makes him even more likely for smash" is some 6th-dimensional **** i can't even begin to comprehend
Yeah, I don't follow. Read what I said above.

Leakers: Yep Banjo is def in Smash.

People Here: Oh looks like Banjo ain't in because he wasn't at Microsoft's conference pack it up boys.

Quite frankly, i'm the one that can't comprehend.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp Tuesday it is then.

Hopefully Sabi though gives out her leak soon that way we know sooner. Of course it must be spoiled.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People really out here saying the entire conference was crap because they went in only wanting Banjo.
I didn’t just want Banjo. I could have settled for Perfect Dark, Conker, Killer Instinct, Cuphead, Hell, even Zoo Tycoon! Or even just some cool third party offerings. But. There. Was. Nothing! I just speant an hour watching them brag about how pretty they can make graphics.

D

Deleted member

So, everyone is saying Banjo's chances are hurt.
???

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
y'all acting like Banjo isn't gonna make a guest appearance in Bethesda's Skyrim 2

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At least I managed to get everything in Freezeezy Peak and Gobi's Valley in my Banjo-Kazooie playthrough during the conference, as well as finding the second Cheato book and unlocking Rusty Bucket Bay. Just three more levels (Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, and Click Clock Woods) to go!

Hopefully Bethesda gives us some good Doom Eternal or Wolfenstein Youngblood gameplay tonight.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I like the format that Microsoft have used these past years where they just go through trailer by trailer quickly, but it does leave very little space for the games to be expanded upon, so when most of those trailers are CG trailers without any gameplay it becomes a negative. Like, I'm not sure what a lot of the games I just saw will actually look like if I were to sit down and play them when they come out, and that's the actually important part.

Other than that it was solid, I think there were a lot of good games on display, but unfortunately I can't really say for sure, because like I said, we didn't get to see a whole lot of gameplay. Microsoft will have a lot of momentum going into the next gen though, they've really built a solid base to expand upon, and Halo at launch is a safe winner.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At least I managed to get everything in Freezeezy Peak and Gobi's Valley in my Banjo-Kazooie playthrough during the conference, as well as finding the second Cheato book and unlocking Rusty Bucket Bay. Just three more levels (Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, and Click Clock Woods) to go!

Hopefully Bethesda gives us some good Doom Eternal or Wolfenstein Youngblood gameplay tonight.
Bethesda needs to do something amazing after this ****fest year they've had.

D

Deleted member

Well, obligatory leak talk time
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77772436?jumpto=21#21
A lot of this stuff has been confirmed by the conference, so we can expect the rest to be real as well. Lends some credibility to Vergeben for E3, so blah blah banjo etc.
Personally I'm really excited at the prospect of a new switch Warioware.
Pretty much. Sabi nailed it out of the park here. Not even angry about the lack of Miyamoto and I think everything else can be made up through other E3 conferences

D

Deleted member

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77772436?jumpto=21#21
A lot of this stuff has been confirmed by the conference, so we can expect the rest to be real as well. Lends some credibility to Vergeben for E3, so blah blah banjo etc.
**** yeah new Warioware and new Contra. Hope that's the announcement Konami makes on Tuesday or additional surprises.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Yooo new WarioWare. I was hoping for a new Wario Land but I'll be happy for this as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn’t just want Banjo. I could have settled for Perfect Dark, Conker, Killer Instinct, Cuphead, Hell, even Zoo Tycoon! Or even just some cool third party offerings. But. There. Was. Nothing! I just speant an hour watching them brag about how pretty they can make graphics.
Well first of all that isn't entirely true, second, someone who leaked some details Microsoft confirmed mentioned one of those.
Perfect Dark specifically [/]

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Knowing Miyamoto he probably only went to scope out what Microsoft was doing and was in the audience and people thought he was gonna be on stage.

D

Deleted member

I like the format that Microsoft have used these past years where they just go through trailer by trailer quickly, but it does leave very little space for the games to be expanded upon, so when most of those trailers are CG trailers without any gameplay it becomes a negative. Like, I'm not sure what a lot of the games I just saw will actually look like if I were to sit down and play them when they come out, and that's the actually important part.

Other than that it was solid, I think there were a lot of good games on display, but unfortunately I can't really say for sure, because like I said, we didn't get to see a whole lot of gameplay. Microsoft will have a lot of momentum going into the next gen though, they've really built a solid base to expand upon, and Halo at launch is a safe winner.
Yeah I think Microsoft pretty quickly realise this gen wasn't going to be a winner for them, so they instead spent the time to build up a super solid base of games for Scarlett and take advantage of the playing field being essentially reset and potentially any sony **** ups.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd expect that the information in that post comes from many various sources, like I highly doubt people who were in the know about Microsoft's conference would know about a potential Metroid 5 that's not even set to be revealed at E3. His Microsoft source was on point, but it doesn't guarantee that his Nintendo one is.

D

Deleted member

It’s that time, folks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
And said people are going to be looking helluva silly come Tuesday. :cyclops:
I am very confused.
Can someone give me a good explanation on why Banjo is deconfirmed or have their chances hurt?
Also who said that?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
WarioWare...

Looks like i'm waiting longer for a new Advance Wars.

...or maybe not i'll keep hope alive til' E3.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Nevermind, fake comment, sorry didn't verify it.

Wow, reposting this from the newcomers section...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
As long as they bring back voice acting for it, I'm hyped

Need Charles Martinet to flex on us all once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom