• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh okay. Miyamoto for XBox conference wasn't their leak.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No banjo or miyamoto hmm.

I wonder if that Merch really is smash related or if it means nothing.

Anyway what conference is tomorrow if there is one?

D

Deleted member

Yeha, this conference suffered from a bad case of WHERE'S THE GAMEPLAY, but PSO, Battletoads and some of those indies look cool.
Don't really think this affects Banjo's smash chances too much.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Psychonauts, Battletoads, Phantasy Star, Ori, Borderlands... overall not bad.

no banjo tho

D

Deleted member

Yeha, this conference suffered from a bad case of WHERE'S THE GAMEPLAY, but PSO, Battletoads and some of those indies look cool.
Don't really think this affects Banjo's smash chances too much.
Yeah. All this really did was shoot down his chance for a new game, which sucks but wasn't what I was craving right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well here’s the kingdom hearts trailer, it got reuploaded from last night:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like. I'm actually mad now. Not a single thing I care about showed up. I spent the whole time sitting there board. I'm glad I'm not there in person because I would have thrown a hissy fit.

faceplates.png

D

Deleted member

isn't she already wrong about ff8 though
She knocked it out of the park for a lot of her guesses. Hell, Miyamoto for Xbox wasn't even her leak but more her speculating from news she was hearing from news outlets.

FF8 might not be an Xbox thing, which makes sense because why would it?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Psychonauts 2, nothing really caught my attention. And the Psychonauts 2 trailer was dampened by Microsoft buying out the company that owns it. Keanu Reeves seemed really excited about Cyberpunk 2077, though - he was a highlight.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Banjo not appearing here only confirms that what the insiders said pertains to Smash and not anything else related to Banjo.

So with that in mind, i'm feeling a helluva lot more confident in Bear & Bird showing up on Tuesday.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:ultmario:: "I like some gameplay on my Gamer Pizza, please."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Microsoft's presentation was okay. Kind of a 6.5/10. Could have used some Cuphead DLC.

Wish Blazing Chrom was one of the indie games that got a ton of footage, rather than a snippet. Battletoads was cool. Halo is neat. Psychonauts 2 is alright. Ori still looks good. DBZ Kakarot looks alright for a single player game, but FighterZ still blows it out of the water visually, but it's more impressive than Xenoverse.

And some info on their new console.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aside from Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Psychonauts 2, nothing really caught my attention. And the Psychonauts 2 trailer was dampened by Microsoft buying out the company that owns them. Keanu Reeves seemed really excited about Cyberpunk 2077, though - he was a highlight.
I just hope they make each stage super unique and interesting like in the first.

D

Deleted member

Pretty amazing how they managed to spend 10 minutes talking about the new console while saying pretty much nothing of substance though.
Eh, 5.5/10.

D

Deleted member

The pedantic side of me says she's backpedaling here.
It sounded like she wasn't sure from her initial post. The main point was that she was hype for Project Scarlett and Miyamoto sounded like a "wtf."

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I get the cynicism though

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Banjo not appearing here only confirms that what the insiders said pertains to Smash and not anything else related to Banjo.

So with that in mind, i'm feeling a helluva lot more confident in Bear & Bird showing up on Tuesday.
Lol. When @ryumo the Zekenator mentioned some people might say that, I thought he was kidding.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah Xbox's conference this year was pretty meh. Especially compared to last year when they arguably had the best showing that year.

That being said, I am intrigued in the new console as well as Halo Infinite.

D

Deleted member

The pedantic side of me says she's backpedaling here.
I think its just that she just backs up a lot of stuff without investigating beforehand, thats why she supported the google theory for a bit.

The whole Miyamoto was overblown due to him normally assisting to other devs conferences in previous years,

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so if Miyamoto was supposedly there, what in the world was he suppossed to announce?

If it was Smash related, Sakurai would be there, and if it was Banjo Kazooie coming to Switch, then why Miyamoto if he had nothing to do with the series. Furthermore, why wouldn't the president of any Nintendo headquarters be there over Miyamoto?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
People really out here saying the entire conference was crap because they went in only wanting Banjo.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, over all, I thought that conference was okay. Definitely pretty lacking in some places though.

Tales of Arise and PSO2 were hype, really excited for those! Been hoping PSO2 would come over to the West for ages! And, ngl, Lego Forza was pretty hype too. ;p

Well, I'll see you all in 3 hours!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
looking forward to watching the bethesda conference. Anyone know how long it's gonna be?

D

Deleted member

For real though, new Combat Frogs looks really good. I love the artstyle and the gameplay looks solid, hope it gets some sort of pc release. Has a ton of personality.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I actually want to say that it's more of a 5/10 rather than a 6.5/10. Too many CG trailers instead of actual gameplay.

But I am beyond tired of post apocalypse setting for games. Fist of the North Star is cool, but most of the other games is ****ING MID.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
After all these years, we get about 3 seconds of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay!

I’m perfectly satisfied!!!
BE68C8B0-1319-439B-AFB6-322551C806C1.png

Where’s muh gameplay Xbox!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well it's true my guy. You don't have that many people backing something up for it to be nothing. Especially credible sources only a week away from E3.
It's true that you said that. And it's very surprising to me, but there's all sorts of people.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"banjo not showing up actually makes him even more likely for smash" is some 6th-dimensional **** i can't even begin to comprehend

D

Deleted member

Okay, so if Miyamoto was supposedly there, what in the world was he suppossed to announce?

If it was Smash related, Sakurai would be there, and if it was Banjo Kazooie coming to Switch, then why Miyamoto if he had nothing to do with the series. Furthermore, why wouldn't the president of any Nintendo headquarters be there over Miyamoto?
Miyamoto normally attends other companies conferences, he was on the Xbox one a few years ago trying the Kinect. Dude likes games that's all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But I am beyond tired of post apocalypse setting for games.
Yeah this is another thing about Xbox's conferences. They always seem to be apocalypse/horror based or something of that nature. There's a big sense of sameness everytime I see one trailer after the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom