• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For whatever reason my big stupid gut is telling me there’ll be a dual reveal of Steve and Banjo.

Or just a dual reveal, with one being released right after or shortly after E3, and the other being slated for late summer or early fall.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For whatever reason my big stupid gut is telling me there’ll be a dual reveal of Steve and Banjo.

Or just a dual reveal, with one being released right after or shortly after E3, and the other being slated for late summer or early fall.
This can't be real.

Both sides winning? You must be absolutely bonkers, how will I rub the salt in if everyone is happy? :217:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m going to die if the thing that gets leaked from the patch tonight isn’t “Brave” again, but a completely new codename that will send the fanbase into a downward spiral of trying to figure out who it is.
Codename: Ashes

How do you react?

Actually let’s see who can guess this character right first.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Personally, I feel like there won't be a microsoft character. But that's just me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For Attack on Titan fans, I was reading on the Shingeki no Kyojin wiki that the final arc of the manga has either begun or is about to begin. Is this true?

I haven't been into AoT for a while, but I've heard that the story keeps getting better and better, even after the Krista
Historia is royalty
arc, so I'm thinking about picking up the series again.

Erureido Erureido You might know :p

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
first you take a shower

then you join the black eagles
stay with your overseas literature, man of weeb

i choose the chad bald eagle instead and ride my way to localization and censored content

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So Cloud and Squall are getting their KH appearances added in Dissidia NT.

But what's most important about it is
Squall has a gunbladekeyblade.
A gunkeyblade? A keygunblade?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So Cloud and Squall are getting their KH appearances added in Dissidia NT.

But what's most important about it is
Squall has a gunbladekeyblade.
A gunkeyblade? A keygunblade?
it's pretty much a halberd

1559259458445.png

AND COME THE **** ON WITH THE BELTS

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So VR and smash....that’s gonna me weird but color me interested wonder if you could do it from a fighters perspective but that would kill me for nausea.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since no one seemed to have a right guess. My codename was related to Phoenix Wright.
As Phoenixes are born from ashes

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Game Theory Live just used one of Taylor F’s Renders and didn’t even ask for permission to use it.
FAC01A2D-CF7F-47F4-ADA2-7090D274740A.jpeg

Kinda a **** move. This has happened a lot before though, just with other people.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Game Theory Live just used one of Taylor F’s Renders and didn’t even ask for permission to use it.
View attachment 225230
Kinda a **** move. This has happened a lot before though, just with other people.
After they made a video regarding this kinda thing, too. Shouldn't be too hard to check the image link when getting them off Google.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
listen

squall's key is as functional as kingdom heart's lore

which is not at all
But keyblades can unlock anything.

Wouldn't that make it one of the most functionable keys ever?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
call him out

call him out

call him out
I have Taylor added on Discord and he said that he’s making a post on Reddit and tagging him, asking for the thumbnail’s removal.

Then again he will likely pull out the “Oh it”s my editors fault.” crap he always pulls.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 225230
Did you read the description? Did you watch the whole video he made addressing this topic. Do you have anything better to to than pick on MatPat? If you're gonna blame someone, at least blame his crew members.

Detective Pikachu. It was..... weird.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Did you read the description? Did you watch the whole video he made addressing this topic. Do you have anything better to to than pick on MatPat? If you're gonna blame someone, at least blame his crew members.

It’s called spreading awareness.

And yes, I watched his video, but it still doesn’t change the fact that he used something without permission. There are plenty of easy ways to check for credit, yet Mat uses none of them. Just get rid of the bias and accept the facts mate. Stealing art and not crediting it is wrong. There is no excuse for that.

D

Deleted member

It's a flaw of the comic book medium.

These stories stretch forever and jump from creative team to creative team, and each issue that's released on a monthly basis for years is supposed to be exciting enough to warrant a purchase. So each team is going to have their own take and there are bound to be conflicts with canon, poorly thought out and rushed plot points, ludicrous feats for the sake of being "super", etc.

In a "Death Battle" scenario, you pick and choose all of the hero's greatest accomplishments and treat them as peak potential, when really we should probably treat those outstanding moments as outliers and find more of a mean. Half the stuff they showed about Hal Jordan, I turned to my brother and said, "Yeah but" and then brought up a story where he did the exact opposite and sucked.

The best superhero comics are the short term spinoffs where the writer gets full control over the story and doesn't have to worry about ongoing canon.

Or Daredevil in general because he's always somehow been immune to over-serialization and only gets good writers.
I feel like this is especially true with someone like Hal. In Green Lantern comics he can be ****ing ridiculous and do absurd **** all because 'uhh willpower', in team up comics he becomes Hal 'What do you mean things other giant boxing gloves exist?' Jordan.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I ike witch hunts. Makes me feel.
Superior.

And detective pikachu was weird. But in a good way. A bad video game movie good way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I never demonized him. Stop putting words in my mouth. And yes, the creator of the game has made that mistake, it’s an easy one to make, but at the very least fixes the issues.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if your editors cant do the thing you promised to not do then get new editors who can do it

:secretkpop: no credit no paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom