• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I did pre-register that over a week ago so I'm not sure what's up.
Odd. I just got an email.

Eh, having tons of ideas isn't better than having none, because in both cases, you can't do ****. (tho, I might combine the Super Hammer with the Booe- I mean, King Boo Ghost House level idea I had before)

Also, not to say you did intentionally, but are you sure you didn't boo my level by accident?
As far as I’m aware I didn’t.

Also, sorry if this is a strange question, but I always (in MM2) have 0 good ideas, try an idea I don’t like (like a level based around thwomps,) then I try to build it and I just end up hating the level?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Time to go play some Dr. Mario World.

Edit: The map layout is literally just Candy Crush.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Odd. I just got an email.

As far as I’m aware I didn’t.

Also, sorry if this is a strange question, but I always (in MM2) have 0 good ideas, try an idea I don’t like (like a level based around thwomps,) then I try to build it and I just end up hating the level?
Maybe just go back to the level and then go the pause menu, to see if you put a boo or not. (since once you like or dislike a level, you can't go back)

Also, did you watch the video I show you before? Because the thing is, I don't know what you consider a good or bad idea, so the advice I can give, is that you should try or watch others peoples level, see what you like in those levels, then use those ideas for your levels, tho, don't put too many ideas one level, just take one element like thomps or claw and combine them with other elements to see what they can offer.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So the unfavorable talk was just false word of mouth?
To put a bit of light, yeah more or less this.
It was a private talk and the one who brought it up is usually the one who brings stuff up cryptically. This was the one who hinted at Links Awakening and others, so yeah, coffee talk seemed like info spilling. That is all.

D

Deleted member

Maybe just go back to the level and then go the pause menu, to see if you put a boo or not. (since once you like or dislike a level, you can't go back)

Also, did you watch the video I show you before? Because the thing is, I don't know what you consider a good or bad idea, so the advice I can give, is that you should try or watch others peoples level, see what you like in those levels, then use those ideas for your levels, tho, don't put too many ideas one level, just take one element like thomps or claw and combine them with other elements to see what they can offer.
I watched the video, then whenever I try to implement those ideas, I’m stuck, and what I do have isn’t fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I watched the video, then whenever I try to implement those ideas, I’m stuck, and what I do have isn’t fun.
Well I don't know then.

Personally, my first level was made kinda on the go, all I had was using the claws in different way and making it a simple vertical level in general.

It took me hours/a day to make it, the second level took me a few days, so you gotta be patient with that stuff.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wondering if instead of breathing we should just inject oxygen into the veins directly in order to conserve mouth energy.
That would create bubbles in your veins and seriously damage them. Just learn to breath through your skin.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Noipoi Noipoi r/zelda went for it.

Source/artist. So it gets Z-Target, Hey, Listen and Watch Out as its moveset.

Wondering if instead of breathing we should just inject oxygen into the veins directly in order to conserve mouth energy.
That would create bubbles in your veins and seriously damage them. Just learn to breath through your skin.
I already learned how to breathe through my eyes 30 minutes ago. Checkmate.

D

Deleted member

Crossing fingers to see Hero dropping tomorrow or sometime else this week so I can try Guv with my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Have they had any entirely new (not arch tempered) monsters out in the last several months? I played MHW for a while then got burnt out and haven't played it since.
I only started playing the game a few days ago so I don't know. I only know that Behemoth from Final Fantasy got added to the game. Iceborne will release in a couple of months and from what I've seen it's a very big expansion that will add a ton of new content.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Have they had any entirely new (not arch tempered) monsters out in the last several months? I played MHW for a while then got burnt out and haven't played it since.
This was my experience too. I'm excited for the new expansion, but I was just so burnt out after a hundred+ hours. I definitely was satisfied by the game though lol.

D

Deleted member

In the last year, just the Leshen from The Witcher as a crossover. The Iceborne expansion comes out in September for consoles though so there's gonna be a lot more monsters in a couple months.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I love stating an innocent opinion and getting backlash.

Crossing fingers to see Hero dropping tomorrow or sometime else this week so I can try Guv with my friend.
I’m not betting on it, but man that would be amazing. The sooner the better. Sorta.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THIS IS REAL WE’RE NOT DREAMING

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
THIS IS REAL WE’RE NOT DREAMING
I’m not sure how I feel about this new art style. It looks an old Nicktoon, not a Fleischer cartoon. Still, I’m interested nonetheless, and curious as to who will be on the cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hell yeah! Cuphead TV show!

But will this affect the development of the upcoming Cuphead DLC doh?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hell yeah! Cuphead TV show!

But will this affect the development of the upcoming Cuphead DLC doh?
The Netflix show is being worked on by, well, Netflix. So no, it won’t. I’d assume MDHR will be helping, but not working in the full thing all the time, kind of like how Sakurai did with the Kirby anime.

D

Deleted member

The DLC is taking five years anyway. Honestly, Studio MDHER’s mistake for announcing it so early.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I’m kind of really skeptical of the Cuphead show, it can have the design of a old cartoon, but animating them like an old cartoon is a totally different story. Since old school style animation is a lot more time consuming and expensive, I foresee it looking very cheap in comparison to the game.

Also who is the primary target audience? Children, teens, or adults? I feel like a lot of the charm could be lost if they treat it like a regular modern day cartoon.

D

Deleted member

It’s possible that unexpected hindrances occurred too.
While that’s true, the same happened to the core game, If you ask me, I think the team is underestimating the time it takes to fully animate this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom