• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I made a Mario Maker 2 level themed around Switch Blocks.

NJ6-6Y0-1MF

I play your level if you play mine. Just quote or tag me with the ID. Feedback is also appreciated!
Hey, I played your level! And you know what, It was really fun and creative! You really used the Switch Blocks mechanic at it's fullest in various fairly challenging trials, and for that, you deserve that Cool for sure. ^^

The only bit I'm unsure of however is the second chase with the Wiggler, because you see, you can block the Wiggler dead in it's track by jumping on the pirahna plant on the way with the shell helmet on, as you jump on it, the plant will fall from the ceiling, be on the ground and block the Wiggler path, making this segment much easier than I think you original intented.

That's the only easy exploit I could found, but I think it was noteworthy, hope it help.

As for a level of me you could try, well here ya go.

Tourian: Mother Brain

Course ID: 8V4-YMG-FNF

I won't say much on it, beside that it use the new power-up Super Ball in pretty much any crazy way I could find, I hope you like it!;)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey, I played your level! And you know what, It was really fun and creative! You really used the Switch Blocks mechanic at it's fullest in various fairly challenging trials, and for that, you deserve that Cool for sure. ^^

The only bit I'm unsure of however is the second chase with the Wiggler, because you see, you can block the Wiggler dead in it's track by jumping on the pirahna plant on the way with the shell helmet on, as you jump on it, the plant will fall from the ceiling, be on the ground and block the Wiggler path, making this segment much easier than I think you original intented.
I didn't even know that shell helmets could interact with ceiling piranha plants in that way. Good catch! Maybe I'll go replace it with a different hazard later, or maybe I'll just leave it as is as a bonus for people who understand the game mechanics better then I do.

I'm going to go to bed soon, but I'll make sure to find time to play your stage tomorrow.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gyrom8 Gyrom8

I been playing your second level, Trick Shot Temple, and while it is very nice, I found out two big problems with it:

1) You need to have 4 red coins to finish the level, that is fine on it's own, except since I thought the goal was just to kill all the piranha plants, I thought the red coins were like for a secret area that you can get in if you're a pro gamer or somethin', so my first try, I ignored most of them, then got the hand after killing all the plants, and, well, I was ****, because I couldn't go back on the upper floor to get the red coin I missed, so I say that's pretty unfortunate. While it could be just me being a intelligent idiot, my other point bring up a much bigger problem related to that one.

2) If you enter the second floor, lose the power-up on that floor and haven't got the red coin, the level is impossible to finish due to the fact you can't go on the upper floor again, where a infinite source of Super Ball is. Which is kinda of big since you can easily get hit by the Koopa while trying to properly shoot the red coin above, and while there be peoples who will easily beat this section, others are going to get softlock without even realizing it before it's too late, and that, imo, is bad level design.

That all being said, while I did beat this level and in fact, did the section I just talked about without getting hit once. The fact the possibilty of getting softlock is this present make me think it should be fixed for future players sake. All that is needed is a pipe or bill blaster that give you infinite flower super bal on each sectionl, perhaps you can make it hard to get said flower by having a bill blaster throwing into a claw who is above a pit of spike, or put a door at the bottom of the section that lead you back at the very start, which will make you able to to where the infinite pipe flower and let you retry the red coin you might have miss, at the cost of time on the timer , but what I'm getting at is, don't make a level that need a specific power-up/condition to complete and make it so that, if you lost said power-up or can't go back to where you miss something, you have to restart the entire level by reset, 'cuz if your level end up on Endless mode, peoples will have to lost a live to retry (that or they lose a live if they skip it, I'm not sure), and that, that ain't good.

I tell ya all of that because I can't describe to you how many hours I put into my second level, making sure that nothing could softlock if someone did this or that at which point, playtesting is important, and you always need to put yourself into others peoples shoes to make sure you find all the problems within your design, that, or ask others to try it to find the problems in it, which I just did.:ultrob:

In all cases, Hope this help.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Gyrom8 Gyrom8

I been playing your second level, Trick Shot Temple, and while it is very nice, I found out two big problems with it:

1) You need to have 4 red coins to finish the level, that is fine on it's own, except since I thought the goal was just to kill all the piranha plants, I thought the red coins were like for a secret area that you can get in if you're a pro gamer or somethin', so my first try, I ignored most of them, then got the hand after killing all the plants, and, well, I was ****, because I couldn't go back on the upper floor to get the red coin I missed, so I say that's pretty unfortunate. While it could be just me being a intelligent idiot, my other point bring up a much bigger problem related to that one.

2) If you enter the second floor, lose the power-up on that floor and haven't got the red coin, the level is impossible to finish due to the fact you can't go on the upper floor again, where a infinite source of Super Ball is. Which is kinda of big since you can easily get hit by the Koopa while trying to properly shoot the red coin above, and while there be peoples who will easily beat this section, others are going to get softlock without even realizing it before it's too late, and that, imo, is bad level design.

That all being said, while I did beat this level and in fact, did the section I just talked about without getting hit once. The fact the possibilty of getting softlock is this present make me think it should be fixed for future players sake. All that is needed is a pipe or bill blaster that give you infinite flower super bal on each sectionl, perhaps you can make it hard to get said flower by having a bill blaster throwing into a claw who is above a pit of spike, or put a door at the bottom of the section that lead you back at the very start, which will make you able to to where the infinite pipe flower and let you retry the red coin you might have miss, at the cost of time on the timer , but what I'm getting at is, don't make a level that need a specific power-up/condition to complete and make it so that, if you lost said power-up or can't go back to where you miss something, you have to restart the entire level by reset, 'cuz if your level end up on Endless mode, peoples will have to lost a live to retry (that or they lose a live if they skip it, I'm not sure), and that, that ain't good.

I tell ya all of that because I can't describe to you how many hours I put into my second level, making sure that nothing could softlock if someone did this or that at which point, playtesting is important, and you always need to put yourself into others peoples shoes to make sure you find all the problems within your design, that, or ask others to try it to find the problems in it, which I just did.:ultrob:

In all cases, Hope this help.
Thanks - I'll probably reupload with a bit in the description to make the pink coins bit being mandatory clearer (or some kind of visual clue for those playing in endless - any ideas what this could be?)
And I'll have to go back and check for the potential soflocking area - I put in various Flower-spawning pipes to be more lenient on the players but wasn't aware there was a specific area where it was impossible to get back up to if you received damage

Thanks for the feedback

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Trust me. I can take care of myself. ;)

Ambition needs resolve. Gains require sacrifice. After the enormous swell of viewers and good will we received from ep.7, I'm ready to commit hard. Basically all of July and August is going to be spent making new things for my channel because dammit I want to get monetized and start legitimately doing this as my side job.
YouTube monetization can be a *****, so hopefully that works well for you.
Y'know, on that topic, weren't insiders saying that the upcoming trailer for him and his Fighter Pass was gonna be "unfavorable"?

To be honest, I sort of expect it once I heard that his specials had RNG mechanics. Legit if RNG never was a part of his moveset, I'd be fine with him, even with a massive amount of re-used attack animations.
Nothing much, surprisingly. We got a new Sword and Shield trailer, a new Shantae animation, and that’s about it.

D

Deleted member

Trust me. I can take care of myself. ;)

Ambition needs resolve. Gains require sacrifice. After the enormous swell of viewers and good will we received from ep.7, I'm ready to commit hard. Basically all of July and August is going to be spent making new things for my channel because dammit I want to get monetized and start legitimately doing this as my side job.
Haha, I figured you knew, I just felt kinda oddly obliged to say that anyways. lol

For the umpteenth time now, good luck!
Yes! I love heliolisk so much thats some great news(if you couldn't tell I like electric types)hes probably my second favorite pokemon
Hey gamefreak give me that sweet luxray please
But still yes heliolisk I kinda needed that Noipoi Noipoi because right now I'm probably the maddest ive been in my relatively short life and the worst part of it is I'm mad myself more than anybody

(the story of it is that I'm a competitive swimmer and I'm a backstroker and I'm apparently going through a mental block right now and all of my backstroke times are really slow and evreything about my backstroke feels off. The worst part of it was I had a relay and I let my team down so I kinda feel like theres a fire inside me and its clawing to get out)

Whew thanks for the good news good buddy still mad but a little happy too
If you wanna talk about it, let me know.
Hey y'all, Scott here!

So what've I been missing this past month. Yeah, it's been since E3 I posted so I must've missed something.
HE HAS ARISEN

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks - I'll probably reupload with a bit in the description to make the pink coins bit being mandatory clearer (or some kind of visual clue for those playing in endless - any ideas what this could be?)
And I'll have to go back and check for the potential soflocking area - I put in various Flower-spawning pipes to be more lenient on the players but wasn't aware there was a specific area where it was impossible to get back up to if you received damage

Thanks for the feedback
A Arrow is the easiest way to go, but then again, it might be too obvious.

Maybe find a way to mention the red coin in the title.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Thanks for the feedback
Not sure if this would work in the context of your level, but try giving the player a red coin right off the bat, so they know that there are more to collect.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My man you gotta give me some Mario Maker tips. I have 0 inspiration and are never happy with my levels. lol
Since I just wake up from a nap and I'm too tired to think properly (especially after the previous big post I made), I'm just going to link this video for ya, I use alot of the tips in there on my levels, so you know it's good stuff.

D

Deleted member

Since I just wake up from a nap and I'm too tired to think properly (especially after the previous big post I made), I'm just going to link this video for ya, I use alot of the tips in there on my levels, so you know it's good stuff.
oh i was joking but I appreciate it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, about that, make sure to remove the video from the quote, for mobile users, ya know?
Oh, sorry I keep forgetting about that. I’mna mobile user myself and never lag (even before that rule was in place) so I don’t put much thought into it. I’ll try to keep it in mind.

Potato_

Smash Lord
>was getting Shield anyways cause Zamazenta's royal blue fur is hella nice
>Shield gets Goomy and Larvitar

suck it sword nerds I got my godzilla back

Seriously though, I'm not happy about exclusives being a thing yet again but it is what it is. I like the cake pokemon but probably won't be using it. The rock looks real interesting to me and I'm wondering what they'll do with it when it gets the inevitable evolution. I'm undecided on the Steel/Dragon type. It's two of my favorite types so it should be a slam dunk into my favorites but the design is just weird, I don't get what it even is. Corviknight, Wooloo and Yamper are still my favorite designs so far.

Gigantamaxing (how the hell do you even spell it) is... okay I guess. If this is their way of nerfing Megas then I understand (It better mean that old megas become Gigantmaxed versions of those pokemon or else those designs are just wasted) and since the leak is real I'm real excited to see

Lapras' new design

that being said however, the two later designs they showed in the trailer were incredibly subtle. I legit didn't even notice a difference in Corviknight, and Dreadmaw stood up and got a slightly larger shell from the looks of it. The cake pokemon had a great change though, and I really hope that's gonna be the standard with the other two being outliers.

Overall for a 2 minute trailer it was okay. I'm still not too hyped for these games though, they have yet to show me something that'll get me counting down the days like I currently am with Three Houses. There's time though.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, on that topic, weren't insiders saying that the upcoming trailer for him and his Fighter Pass was gonna be "unfavorable"?

To be honest, I sort of expect it once I heard that his specials had RNG mechanics. Legit if RNG never was a part of his moveset, I'd be fine with him, even with a massive amount of re-used attack animations.
The "unfavorable" thing can mean two things.

1) Deconfirmations for characters like Geno via mii costume
2) Very little Dragon Quest music is coming to Smash. Or if it is, it wont be the orchestral music.

I'm not sure what fanbase "unfavorable" is being attributed to.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Title is probably the way to go - call it superballs, plants and coins or something

Thanks again!
Always happy to help a fellow maker! :)

Hope you the best.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The "unfavorable" thing can mean two things.

1) Deconfirmations for characters like Geno via mii costume
2) Very little Dragon Quest music is coming to Smash. Or if it is, it wont be the orchestral music.

I'm not sure what fanbase "unfavorable" is being attributed to.
Sabi confirmed that she didn't say the video was "unfavourable"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokémon has had art books for a while now, but they’re never released.

Sword and Shield’s art book is coming out in Japan, and I hope and pray it comes out here too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, for the first time in years I've been asked to work second shift instead of first at my job for two days.

This is going to feel so weird.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah me too

I can make levels with bull ****, but not true difficulty. And I can’t come up with creative traps or puzzles.
Literally the same here. I made a giant pinball machine in Mario Maker, but the level was too short, and not difficult.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Morning, peeps. How's everyone doing?
Just finished SMM2 Story Mode and unlocked the second new power-up, the Super Hammer.

Currently thinking of scenario as to how I could use it.

Otherwise, I'm doing good.

D

Deleted member

Just finished SMM2 Story Mode and unlocked the second new power-up, the Super Hammer.

Gl!

Must be pretty nice to just have an idea and do it lol

Morning, peeps. How's everyone doing?
Playing the new dr. mario and trying to figure out what the secret ingredient to a good Mario Maker level is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gl!

Must be pretty nice to just have an idea and do it lol

Playing the new dr. mario and trying to figure out what the secret ingredient to a good Mario Maker level is.
Eh, having tons of ideas isn't better than having none, because in both cases, you can't do ****. (tho, I might combine the Super Hammer with the Booe- I mean, King Boo Ghost House level idea I had before)

Also, not to say you did intentionally, but are you sure you didn't boo my level by accident?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

A while back I had a level idea involving the Super Hammer that's all about building your path with crates. Maybe you could try that idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom