• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember how during the last election people said "Well Trump is bad, but Hillary is judt as bad/worse"?

Remember how since then Trump has
  • Held the government hostage over a stupid wall he initially said America wouldn't even have to pay for, holding paychecks back from government workers who were dependant on them.
  • Downplayed and spread misinformation over Covid-19 while also trying to reopen "the economy", costing countless American lives and now potentially his own.
  • Added fuel to the fire during the BLM protests by threatening a military response and lumping peaceful protestors in with rioters when he should have been trying to deescalate the situation.

If voting Biden is elder abuse then voting Trump is country abuse. I don't have confidence in Biden as a leader but I'll take my chances with him.

Sorry, I try to avoid getting too opinionated about politics around here but 2020 has been a looooong year. The spoiler tag is for people who don't like it when politics is discussed here.
Did we even build the damn wall?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did we even build the damn wall?
Nope.

And thankfully so, it would have been a collosal of money. We aren't living in the middle ages.

Not to mention the enviromental impacts such a wall might have but I doubt that many of his supporters would care about that...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So in... celebration(?)/honor(?) of Steve and co. getting in, and because my girlfriend really loves it, I finally bought Minecraft, and spent the last few hours playing with her. We had a rough start with it (the sound wasn't working for me), but eventually we fixed it.

I'll admit it... I had fun with her. But of course I did - I was playing the favorite game of the love of my life, WITH the love of my life. Every moment is a treasured one.

It's not a bad game - but it's something I only want to play with her. I couldn't do a single player playthrough of it, I'd get frustrated.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nope.

And thankfully so, it would have been a collosal of money. We aren't living in the middle ages.

Not to mention the enviromental impacts such a wall might have but I doubt that many of his supporters would care about that...
I hope they realize that the last great wall in history didn't work, fell, and is now a delegated tourist attraction with no pratical adventages

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyway politics suck so vote for Candace Flynn for president.

She will "bust" the "little brothers" of corporate greed to the "mom" of fiscal responsibility!
Why vote for Flynn when you can vote for Pines?

This man will keep you safe from ex-spouses who's aims are getting better.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

How can you support him after this incriminating footage of him punching bald eagles leaked?

Can a man who'd harm the very symbol of the US's freedom really be trusted to lead it?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How can you support him after this incriminating footage of him punching bald eagles leaked?

Can a man who'd harm the very symbol of the US's freedom really be trusted to lead it?
Have you ever punched an eagle without it tearing your ****ing nose off? I'll give him a pass- no, I'll give him credit for that ****.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'll accept his position on Lord of the Flies-style re-education, but THAT'S going too far

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Remember how during the last election people said "Well Trump is bad, but Hillary is judt as bad/worse"?

Remember how since then Trump has
  • Held the government hostage over a stupid wall he initially said America wouldn't even have to pay for, holding paychecks back from government workers who were dependant on them.
  • Downplayed and spread misinformation over Covid-19 while also trying to reopen "the economy", costing countless American lives and now potentially his own.
  • Added fuel to the fire during the BLM protests by threatening a military response and lumping peaceful protestors in with rioters when he should have been trying to deescalate the situation.

If voting Biden is elder abuse then voting Trump is country abuse. I don't have confidence in Biden as a leader but I'll take my chances with him.

Sorry, I try to avoid getting too opinionated about politics around here but 2020 has been a looooong year. The spoiler tag is for people who don't like it when politics is discussed here.
I'll admit he isn't a perfect president but he's not the worst one we've ever had, if anyone ever claims as such that's quiet a bit of hyperbole.

You don't really hear anyone talking about how under his presidency unemployment rates among minority communities has gone down, or how he made an attempt to bring peace deals to the middle east. Heck, he even closed down flights to China when covid was getting bad over there but his political opponents made him open it back up under the pretense of racism.

Every president is corrupt just like him, I don't see why we have to single out the one guy when all of them are two faced.
And with that I'm going to bed, curse you Perry the platypus.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Technically Garnet, Amythyst, Pearl, and Rose Quartz could run for president. The presedential laws state that they must have either been born in the US or were citezens when the nation was founded. As the Crystal Temple is in Delmarva, which is analogous to Deleware, they were living in US territory when the nation was founded. Lapis and Bismuth could also be allowed canidates, depending on how you define being trapped in a mirror in a forehead/ being unconsious in a pocket dimension in a lion.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thank you for keeping things in spoilers but please use the Serious Discussion board for political talk.

-----
Was narrowly able to get to a Target store to pick up the Joker/Hero amiibo before closing. Had to work some overtime tonight as a partner company to the one I work for had their systems shut down. Spent nothing but the last hour of work being telling people that we can't help them. :facepalm:

I must say that Joker's amiibo is really tall. Hero has a bit of FE syndrome with his sword. Kind of bummed that we're probably not getting amiibo for at least Erdrick. Given it's a Saturday and before a Minecraft event, I get the feeling we won't get a Banjo/Terry announcement.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not long after my post about how I had COVID I had to go to the hospital. I'm fine now, but I sure wasn't yesterday.

Hospital wait times take way too ****ing long, I couldn't even pick up my prescriptions from anywhere after because I got out at 8 PM.

D

Deleted member

Last time I put my political thoughts about the 2020 election here:
I hate Trump, but I also hate Biden. Trump and Hillary were horrible too, so I can see why people wouldn't vote for any one of them. I would rather vote for Biden over Trump if I absolutely have to, but I don't have to, so I'm not voting for anyone. I can understand why people would vote for Biden too. We don't live in a democracy. I can understand voting for the Democrats, but I hate how we are constantly stuck in this situation where the Democrats choose the worst candidates possible, and they claim there is no other option against Trump. When a leftist criticizes Biden, they are accused of supporting Trump. I just hate this year right now. Ugggh. Man, if only Bernie Sanders won the Democratic nomination... He wouldn't fix the systematic issues, but at least he would improve things by a lot. Also, I just want to be in Scandinavia...

TLDR: I hate Trump and Biden, and I'm not voting for any of them, and this situation is horrible, but I can understand why people would vote for Biden.
Not long after my post about how I had COVID I had to go to the hospital. I'm fine now, but I sure wasn't yesterday.

Hospital wait times take way too ****ing long, I couldn't even pick up my prescriptions from anywhere after because I got out at 8 PM.
I'm sorry you had to get COVID in the first place. These times are rough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watching Woolie & Pat let's play of DMC3 is so weird. 'cuz since I'm playing the switch version, there's those little tiny time I forget that you:

1) Can't change style in a mission
2) Can only have 2 devils arm/guns at a time
3) Due to the above, you can't switch to all the weapons you like in a mission, unless you get to a statue of time.

In base DMC3 or the previous Special Edition of the game.

And with how many time my lfie got saved thanks to switching styles/weapon, I really wonder if I had got this far in the game or had this much fun if I played the other versions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, remember the whole Terraria issue?

I decided to just make a new character and add the items I remember.

It may not be the same, but hey, it is the only option if I want to finish my world.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Watching Woolie & Pat let's play of DMC3 is so weird. 'cuz since I'm playing the switch version, there's those little tiny time I forget that you:

1) Can't change style in a mission
2) Can only have 2 devils arm/guns at a time
3) Due to the above, you can't switch to all the weapons you like in a mission, unless you get to a statue of time.

In base DMC3 or the previous Special Edition of the game.

And with how many time my lfie got saved thanks to switching styles/weapon, I really wonder if I had got this far in the game or had this much fun if I played the other versions.
I get the feeling, I just can't see myself ever going back to SE because style switching makes Cerberus and Beowulf significantly more fun as I can get up in their faces and Aerial Rave without needing to be precise as with dodging

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I get the feeling, I just can't see myself ever going back to SE because style switching makes Cerberus and Beowulf significantly more fun as I can get up in their faces and Aerial Rave without needing to be precise as with dodging
Yeah, some weapons & styles flow so well together, and even if can't make it work, you can go back to the easy & safe Rebellion or Trickster if you're really panicking.

Like I don't think I use Nevan or Royal Guard/Gunsligher as much if both were only my second option at a time & I had Royal Guard only for the rest of the mission (statue of time not included).

Still think base DMC3 was a great game in alot of areas, especially for it's time, but style/weapons switching is like now a must in this day & age for maximum whacky wahoo pizza man experience.

Really hope DMC4 get ported one day on the switch too. I know this game as alot of problems, especially with the Dante section of the game, but I still want to try out Nero & the new tools Dante have in this game. aswell as finally having the ultimate power of SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKROYALGUNTRICKSWORDSTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICK, ya know?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not only has COVID been ****ing up my health, but it's also been ****ing up my sleep schedule. I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 2. I don't feel tired but this **** isn't healthy, I'll have to cop me some melatonin too so I actually stay asleep.

Outside of my suffering, stoked for the Sakurai Presents stream today, I'm gonna pick up Steve ASAP.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To lighten the thread (if only by a little bit), I've got a Nintendo news article comment section full of bad takes. It's quite sad, really. I posted this in the main thread, but I figured this would be a better place to share. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything important.
People called me a troll for wanting Steve so seeing them throwing a tantrum over him just makes me feel more vindicated.

D

Deleted member

People called me a troll for wanting Steve so seeing them throwing a tantrum over him just makes me feel more vindicated.
You wanted Steve? I'm surprised, but that is nice to hear.

Honestly, they can just add any character now, and I will not complain. I am completely satisfied with the pass due to Steve.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyway politics suck so vote for Candace Flynn for president.

She will "bust" the "little brothers" of corporate greed to the "mom" of fiscal responsibility!

#IceBear4President
6FB6FB19-0B51-490B-8DF7-DF38EA8464F3.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Windows 10 Stop Messing With My Computer 2020 Challenge

Ever since I have been restarting my P.C., Google has been HARD lagging.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom