• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Less salt than if it would be another Pokemon, apparently.

I will never not think another Pikachu is a better salt mine than another Marth.
I'm surprised by that. My IRL friends all roll their eyes when a new FE character gets released, but not with Pokemon. And it's because it SEEMS like FE has more "clones", which a lot of people don't like.

NOT stating my personal opinion, just what I've noticed from my friends group.

Marth, Roy, Lucina and Chrom all feel very similar when you're not familiar with the series (except for Roy's obvious physical difference). I've heard people argue about how obviously different Chrom, Lucina and Marth look- but I can tell you from real life experience, when my friends play on a normal TV, they cannot tell the difference, so they just see different versions of Marth. So almost half of the characters are "clones" in many casual fans' eyes, which is why they have such a negative reaction to FE characters, I think. Obviously Ike (to an extent), Robin and Byleth are easier for them to tell apart.

Again, I want to make it clear that I am not promoting Anti- FE sentiment, just saying how my friends reacted haha. In their eyes, half of the FE characters are clones (And don't get me started on clones, that's a huge can of worms with them lol).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm surprised by that. My IRL friends all roll their eyes when a new FE character gets released, but not with Pokemon. And it's because it SEEMS like FE has more "clones", which a lot of people don't like.

NOT stating my personal opinion, just what I've noticed from my friends group.

Marth, Roy, Lucina and Chrom all feel very similar when you're not familiar with the series (except for Roy's obvious physical difference). I've heard people argue about how obviously different Chrom, Lucina and Marth look- but I can tell you from real life experience, when my friends play on a normal TV, they cannot tell the difference, so they just see different versions of Marth. So almost half of the characters are "clones" in many casual fans' eyes, which is why they have such a negative reaction to FE characters, I think. Obviously Ike (to an extent), Robin and Byleth are easier for them to tell apart.

Again, I want to make it clear that I am not promoting Anti- FE sentiment, just saying how my friends reacted haha. In their eyes, half of the FE characters are clones (And don't get me started on clones, that's a huge can of worms with them lol).
I mainly believe that more Pokemon would cause more salt because the same people going "lol more FE hoes mad" would become the mad hoes if another Pokemon got in. Pokemon is highly subject to doublethink like this in the Smash community.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spider-Man Remastered info.

• ASM(2012) Suit is one of the 3 new costumes added.
  • Faster loading
  • 60 FPS
  • New face model for Peter, meant to work better with Yuri Lowenthal's face for mocap.
  • Ray tracing, since that's one of the major things the PS5 is shilling.

I'm guessing ASM2 will be one of the other suits since damn near every Non-Symbiote Movie costume was in Spider-Man PS4 as it is. Personally hoping for Arachno Man, but I'm probably one of twenty people who want that Lemon Lime suit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guys. There is just too much serendipity in this situation. I really think it could be Crash. Not getting my hopes up too high, but this feels like another stars aligning moment. And if it IS Crash, I expect you all to worship me as the Nintendo Oracle. ;)

D

Deleted member

I don’t know about you guys, but I think there’s a possibility that CP7 is first party.
........or Geno.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mainly believe that more Pokemon would cause more salt because the same people going "lol more FE hoes mad" would become the mad hoes if another Pokemon got in. Pokemon is highly subject to doublethink like this in the Smash community.
Both FE and Pokemon are subject to it, and arguably Mario as well. It's annoying, but generally I just have a huge "meh" towards most FE characters, and I'm equally apathetic towards any reasonably likely Pokemon. Elma would be pretty cool tho.

And of course, you ask someone else, and they'd happily would take 2 or 3 Pokemon or FE characters, in the same way I'll be down to push for more Mega Man/Metroid/Street Fighter BS like we're talking about Roman Reigns getting pushed for Summer Slam or whatever. Them's the breaks.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So what's the rumour mill smelling on it, just curious?

Regardless, I'll drop a prediction before I sleep for a bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Character Prediction: Xeno Rep/Crash/Travis and dropping start of November.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Message Prediction (Optimistic): Delays because of Covid but a roadmap is shown.
Message Prediction (Pessimistic): Delays, end of Mii Fighter Costumes, no roadmap and characters on the Fighter Pass reduced to four.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whoever is getting announced tomorrow is getting the Eggman's Canon, if you know what I mean.

Unless it's a Xenoblade character, in that case, they can go with their life just fine.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Message Prediction (Optimistic): Delays because of Covid but a roadmap is shown.
Message Prediction (Pessimistic): Delays, end of Mii Fighter Costumes, no roadmap and characters on the Fighter Pass reduced to four.
These are the kind of posts I love!! I think you have a somewhat realistic expectation overall. Travis might make sense with his new game. I wouldn't mind a First Party character for sure.

Here's a list of IPs I wouldn't mind seeing a character from:
Xenoblade, Travis, Wario series, Kirby, F-Zero (not happening lol), Pokemon, Yoshi

D

Deleted member

So I just did a small test on the Smashbros discord server and yup live streaming works
Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 12.34.27 PM.png

No audio for me but It's likely my own issue. So.. if anyone wants, we could all meet up in the VC tomorrow morning and watch the CP7 reveal together? Don't think I'll be able to actually live stream it but I might be able to: all I need to do is fix my audio problem and we're golden.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  • Faster loading
  • 60 FPS
  • New face model for Peter, meant to work better with Yuri Lowenthal's face for mocap.
I'm guessing ASM2 will be one of the other suits since damn near every Non-Symbiote Movie costume was in Spider-Man PS4 as it is. Personally hoping for Arachno Man, but I'm probably one of twenty people who want that Lemon Lime suit.
Hom Tolland the internet says
20200930_102050.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
These are the kind of posts I love!! I think you have a somewhat realistic expectation overall. Travis might make sense with his new game. I wouldn't mind a First Party character for sure.

Here's a list of IPs I wouldn't mind seeing a character from:
Xenoblade, Travis, Wario series, Kirby, F-Zero (not happening lol), Pokemon, Yoshi
And again. Crash comes out two days after the announcement. It's one of those moments when a "pie in the sky" character actually shifts into likelihood and that really gets me excited.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

• Faster loading
  • 60 FPS

Hom Tolland the internet says
View attachment 287507
1601487695885.png

He looks too young with it.

Then again I found the PS4 one a bit ditzy but at least he looks experienced.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
View attachment 287509

I don’t know I think he looks the same age as Mary Jane in that game,young in their 20s with the world ahead of them which is is age he is.he definitley dosent look like a teen or anything to me just a young looking young adult

I personally kinda dig it

i mean 2 years of spiderman isn’t that long it would mean he isn’t that far out of high school so yeah to me that looks like early 20s

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A series of Elevator Pitches and pleas for remakes of classic platformer series.

Elevator Pitch to Sony
  • Ape Escape Recaptured Trilogy
  • Jak and Daxter Powered Up Trilogy
  • Ratchet and Clank: Bright and Shiny Trilogy
  • Sly Cooper: Master Theives Collection
  • Rocket- Robot On Wheels: Grand Re-Opening (Sucker Punch owned the IP, and they now own Sucker Punch)
No need to feel obligated to have the original teams work on them. Outsourcing would probably be better for the final product anyway.

Elevator Pitch to Microsoft
  • Banjo-Redooie Trilogy (Kazooie, Tooie, and Grunty’s Revenge)
  • Conker’s Even Worse Fur Day
Again, outsource. These days, Rare would just screw them up.

Elevator Pitch to Nintendo
  • Donkey Kong Country: Bananarama Collection (DKC Trilogy and DK64)
Get Retro or Next Level Games on it.

Elevator Pitch to Ubisoft
  • Rayman Reswung Trilogy
You've got plenty of studios to put on the project.

Elevator Pitch to Namco
  • Klonoa’s Lucid Dreamers Collection
Eh. Get whoever you want on it.

Elevator Pitch to Square Enix
  • Gex HD Blu-Ray Trilogy
Get a Western Studio on it. But not Crystal Dynamics. Again, they'd probably just screw it up.

Elevator Pitch to... whoever would fund it.
  • Croc’s Legendary Journeys Collection
Jez San owns the IP and Argonaut Software isn't a thing anymore... so whoever really wants to fund it can.

Luig

Confused
Spider-man in PS4 is supposed to be 23 years old, but he looks like a high schooler here. Just overall seems like an odd change, probably one to just have an easily recognizable face for 'better' marketing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I am so sick of people on the internet complaining about originality and "if you can't remake it better then don't remake it at all!" and how superhero movies are all the same. As someone who wants to get into the film and television industry, and who has lots of ideas for things to do with existing IPs, and who loves Superheroes and their films. It's just needless pressure, unwarranted stigmas, and ironically creatively stifling. And it just peeves me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Maybe you guys can help me out: For the past couple years I've been going to a local gaming convention (except this year thanks to that ****ing virus) called the Southeast Game Exchange. Their logo is a bunch of gaming stuff to spell out "Southeast"

1601491280046.png

The only thing that bothers me about it is that there's one I can't identify.

S - Snake Rattle N Roll
O - Super Mario
U - Tetris
T - Dr. Mario
H - Donkey Kong
E - ???
A - PAC-MAN
S - Mortal Kombat
T - The Legend of Zelda

Anyone have an idea what the "E" is supposed to be?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So I'm wondering if the social media team ****ed up. Both the Facebook and Twitter announcements say "roughly three minutes" - yet the livestream is listed as "Mr. Sakurai Presents ???"

I highly doubt this man would do that considering how much effort he's put into the last five presentations. Maybe they mean the trailer is 3 minutes, or Sakurai's post presentation announcement?

Then again, even the Japanese translation says that. Maybe it'll just be the trailer, and the character's not in a presentable/releasable state and won't be for awhile?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 287509

I don’t know I think he looks the same age as Mary Jane in that game,young in their 20s with the world ahead of them which is is age he is.he definitley dosent look like a teen or anything to me just a young looking young adult

i mean 2 years of spiderman isn’t that long it would mean he isn’t that far out of high school so yeah to me that looks like early 20s
Why does he look younger than Miles?

Also seeing the clip, that face doesn’t fit with Yuri’s voice as well.
Spider-man in PS4 is supposed to be 23 years old, but he looks like a high schooler here. Just overall seems like an odd change, probably one to just have an easily recognizable face for 'better' marketing.
I like how we're judging the age youth of his face...then you remember Tom Holland is 24 years old yet still looks like a teen (same applying to Zendaya). It's still a weird but reasonable change overall, but yeah...these modern day genes got Insomniac Peter being young as hell
Maybe you guys can help me out: For the past couple years I've been going to a local gaming convention (except this year thanks to that ****ing virus) called the Southeast Game Exchange. Their logo is a bunch of gaming stuff to spell out "Southeast"

View attachment 287525

The only thing that bothers me about it is that there's one I can't identify.

S - Snake Rattle N Roll
O - Super Mario
U - Tetris
T - Dr. Mario
H - Donkey Kong
E - ???
A - PAC-MAN
S - Mortal Kombat
T - The Legend of Zelda

Anyone have an idea what the "E" is supposed to be?
kinda looks a bit like Galaga to me

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I'm wondering if the social media team ****ed up. Both the Facebook and Twitter announcements say "roughly three minutes" - yet the livestream is listed as "Mr. Sakurai Presents ???"

I highly doubt this man would do that considering how much effort he's put into the last five presentations. Maybe they mean the trailer is 3 minutes, or Sakurai's post presentation announcement?

Then again, even the Japanese translation says that. Maybe it'll just be the trailer, and the character's not in a presentable/releasable state and won't be for awhile?
Yeah. That's gotta be a **** up. They can't say anything in 3 minutes for a "Sakurai Presents" direct. Unless it's literally just the trailer and nothing else. And in that case, why advertise it ahead of time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

In game Peter was Spider-Man for 8 years, not 2. He still started at 15 like the comics, and is 23 in the first game. I don't hate the new face myself, so its not a big deal to me. But I get why people are disappointed I suppose.

I liked the face they gave him in Edge of Time, for example, since that fits early 20's Pete pretty well.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its really hard to say who will be revealed tomorrow at this time,

Character Prediction: Someone from either a Nintendo property or a third party.
Message Prediction (Optimistic): A delay due to Covid and show a roadmap.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm expecting a gen 8 Pokemon tomorrow, but man would a surprise be nice.

D

Deleted member

Just finished the Tarry Town quest: pretty good overall. Next stop is getting the last tower for my map(the one right next to the Rito Village and Korok Forest towers)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like how we're judging the age youth of his face...then you remember Tom Holland is 24 years old yet still looks like a teen (same applying to Zendaya). It's still a weird but reasonable change overall, but yeah...these modern day genes got Insomniac Peter being young as hell

kinda looks a bit like Galaga to me
I like how this doesn’t answer my points at all yet I’m still quoted.

D

Deleted member

None of them, because they're all bad :thedorf:
joking if you couldn't tell :p
I'm expecting a gen 8 Pokemon tomorrow, but man would a surprise be nice.
I know it's not gonna happen but I'm really hoping for my most wanted: Young Wizard from Wizard101. Well.. most wanted is a bit of a stretch, more like "the only want that I actually think is in any way feasible at all" lol

Luig

Confused
I will say though, even disregarding what i think of the facial change, it doesn't look quite like he animates quite right; it looks inferior to the original. One of the comments compared it to one of those celebrity deepfakes.

I do think this is a load of tripe though; "we loved working with him so that's why we told him to screw off".
Reminds me of what Dead Rising's new devs said when they replaced TJ.

all in all, it just seems like an incredibly odd change to make, especially in a remaster made 2 years later, for the hottest triple A title of 2018. I wish they had shown some out of cutscene footage as well, like, with puddles on the ground and environmental shots. Would've been useful to compare visuals more.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom