• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I feel like Smash fans are too obsessed with reveals, more than the game itself?

If Nintendo announces something, a smash fan is, for sure, going to expect a surprise character reveal.

A random twitter post is enough for fans to look at it as some sort of a crypt message. Heck, ANYTHING is somehow a hint for some future announcement.

Even when an old game, like Devil May Cry or... everything else, is being ported to the current Nintendo console, people will go "SMASH?"

It is like if Smash Bros was the sole reason for Nintendo's existence and that it is their main game and that it needs to be updated forever, even years after its release.

Of course, they will shoot their expectations over the stars and won't think twice about spelling hate online because no news were given.

And it feels like the reveals are more appreciated than the very release of said DLC, that will soon be relegated to "meh" status. Like Banjo, Cloud and others.

And we don't even need to talk about the desired list wars. Smash fans are just... weird.

(No offence.)

Edit: Hype ruined speculation, is all about the hype and not the character.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Alright y'all, to celebrate this new fighter, I'm gonna record my reaction tomorrow. You're gonna get to hear my nasally voice be either super hyped or incredibly underwhelmed! :4pacman:

If anyone in particular is interested in hearing my reaction (it's just gonna be audio, I don't wanna do video lol), feel free to tag me, and I'll make sure I'll tag you in the reaction post!

Anyhoo, just to let people know, I ain't gonna really be on here 'till after the big event tomorrow. REALLY don't want to be spoiled by the inevitable leak that'll come probably within the next few hours, lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like Smash fans are too obsessed with reveals, more than the game itself?

If Nintendo announces something, a smash fan is, for sure, going to expect a surprise character reveal.

A random twitter post is enough for fans to look at it as some sort of a crypt message. Heck, ANYTHING is somehow a hint for some future announcement.

Even when an old game, like Devil May Cry or... everything else, is being ported to the current Nintendo console, people will go "SMASH?"

It is like if Smash Bros was the sole reason for Nintendo's existence and that it is their main game and that it needs to be updated forever, even years after its release.

Of course, they will shoot their expectations over the stars and won't think twice about spelling hate online because no news were given.

And it feels like the reveals are more appreciated than the very release of said DLC, that will soon be relegated to "meh" status. Like Banjo, Cloud and others.

And we don't even need to talk about the desired list wars. Smash fans are just... weird.

(No offence.)
Something I'm ashamed to admit. Its something I'm also going to try working on to be better as at the end of the day its just a game.

I already have a backup plan too. If I get carried away, I simply just leave the thread until cooling down.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright y'all, to celebrate this new fighter, I'm gonna record my reaction tomorrow. You're gonna get to hear my nasally voice be either super hyped or incredibly underwhelmed! :4pacman:

If anyone in particular is interested in hearing my reaction (it's just gonna be audio, I don't wanna do video lol), feel free to tag me, and I'll make sure I'll tag you in the reaction post!

Anyhoo, just to let people know, I ain't gonna really be on here 'till after the big event tomorrow. REALLY don't want to be spoiled by the inevitable leak that'll come probably within the next few hours, lol.
I'm interested lol.

I'd love to record a live reaction myself but I have work in the morning.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

POPE LICK MONSTER

Episode Title: "Pope Lick Monster"
Subject matter: Pope Lick Monster
Summary: Two internet celebrities wanting more fame and popularity goes to Pope Lick Creek in search of the elusive monster said to live under the railroad trestle bridge. A decision soon regretted when things take a deadly turn as the very creature they sought hunts them down.

D

Deleted member

Tag me, my friend.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New character tomorrow. At least we haven't seen much in the way of leaks for them so far, as far as I know. You guys know who I'd shill for.

In other news, I got another drawing done. I updated my Strider drawing! I like this one a fair bit, so I hope you guys do too!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm interested lol.

I'd love to record a live reaction myself but I have work in the morning.
I'd do it on something like Discord but you guys would have to hear my accent and my hard to hear voice.

My gut is saying now 3rd party but who knows. The lack of a proper Sakurai Presents is disappointing but who knows.

If it's first party.........I'm gonna say retro rep.

D

Deleted member

I'd do it on something like Discord but you guys would have to hear my accent and my hard to hear voice.

My gut is saying now 3rd party but who knows. The lack of a proper Sakurai Presents is disappointing but who knows.

If it's first party.........I'm gonna say retro rep.
Honestly doing it on discord would be pretty fun. If nothing else it would be cool if we all gathered together in the Smashboards discord server and livestreamed the reveal lol. I can't do that because live stream isn't supported on my mobile version of Discord.. but maybe someone else can?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Anyone else worried about the brief message though?

"The video presentation will be roughly 3 minutes long, followed by a brief message from Director Masahiro Sakurai."

Like what could it mean. Doubt the Fighter Pass is cancelled but it really does a bit ominous.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

"The video presentation will be roughly 3 minutes long, followed by a brief message from Director Masahiro Sakurai."

Like what could it mean. Doubt the Fighter Pass is cancelled but it really does a bit ominous.
It's possible that further DLC fighters could be delayed due to COVID and development as well as explaining why they took so long.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

That's what I was wondering about as well. I probably think there may be some delays.

D

Deleted member

So I just checked and for some reason I can't connect to any voice channels on discord. RIP. Likely my school blocked it somehow, and I don't think there's a way round it because it's on my computer side, not the wifi side.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A part of me is worrying that it'll say Sakurai caught COVID.

Oh man, I really hope not...:( Last thing he needs is a bigger toll on his body...

D

Deleted member

So I just checked and for some reason I can't connect to any voice channels on discord. RIP. Likely my school blocked it somehow, and I don't think there's a way round it because it's on my computer side, not the wifi side.
Last time I shared my voice, someone immediately called me a man.

I'm a bit hesitant on doing a voice reveal in here.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anywho, I'm fine with whoever unless it's another Pokemon or Sora...and even then I wouldn't throw a fit if they got in. Just excited to see what comes next.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll probably draw up the new character like I did with Min-Min. Unless it's someone I outright dislike, but there's not many characters like that for me honestly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sora, Crash, Phoenix Wright, Geno, Dante, Master Chief, Bandana Dee, John Cena...the usual top suspects

D

Deleted member

Spent a bit of time drawing some Legion style art and I have to say it's actually looking pretty good, for a first attempt anyway
sketch1601484369799.png

sketch1601483720860.jpg
sketch1601484287981.png

Thinking of doing some more of these eventually but this was just practice to see if it was even feasible. The hardest part was actually making sure they line up without having a way to view the other image lol

D

Deleted member

Actually nevermind lol, restarting my computer apparently fixed it.

D

Deleted member

I bet those were made by one of your 25 twitter accounts.
Only 25?
sorry not sorry :p
I see some of y’all talking about live-streaming the thing on discord or something

I might be up to join if one of you is gonna host it
I physically can't, so someone else is gonna have to do it. We could probably discuss it in the Smashboards discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom