• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I will also say I hate both Biden and Trump.
Sounds similar to me lol

Only I'm at a more "moderate dislike" level rather than "hate", personally. But eh, I'm still not a fan of either and the distaste is pretty equal for both candidates.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think this debate will ultimately favor Biden though. We saw how many times Trump interrupted everyone. Trump was just insufferable the whole presentation. I will say it again, but Biden won this debate.

I understand if you couldn't watch it, it was just nonsense rambling.

I will also say I hate both Biden and Trump.
Yeah. Definitely in terms of the debate. I don't know what will happen come elections. I feel like media also did a good job in biden's name (well not exactly, but for his party). I don't know what will happen but the best case would be a tie, lol.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there supposed to be a dedicated thread for all of this? Not that I ever check to see :yoshi:

You're welcome. Do we move here, moderators?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Wasn't there supposed to be a dedicated thread for all of this? Not that I ever check to see :yoshi:
Yes indeed.

Although right now things aren't getting quite out of hand so it's not a "debate hall" vs. "here" concern yet, at least on an emotional level.

On a context and professional level though, such a topic would be more suited for the debate hall, yes.

Also, I'm tired and I hate myself. This night's been tough.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm pretty much done on the topic :p Just had a few thoughts.

Now basically just curious to see what people will say and what'll be the results come election. I'm canadian so it doesnt involve me, but it'll still affect us.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This evening is starting to get better but I'm still emotionally hurting from earlier.

I might actually need to see a psychiatrist down the road.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I appreciate the encouragement.

It deals with a ton of anger and frustration geared towards myself, concerning both my job AND recreation (like playing Smash Bros. or watching tv). If I get too angry and down on myself for something I care about, eventually I start literally face-palming myself or throwing paper tablets around the room or whatever. It's not pretty.

I've called myself every name in the book, without going into swear word territory. I frankly don't want to dive deeper down that hole.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh god, i just remembered Steven Universe hiatuses. We get a batch of 5 episodes, and then we need to wait 2-3 months for another.

I think they mentally prepared me for Smash speculation.
that's some great training. Moments like this is why they should definitely split these 11 minute episodes apart, giving the creators more time to finish making episodes and makes waiting less painful for viewers
Pff 2-3 months for su was a short break
Remember the great hiatus of 2017 that lasted 7 months? I remember it 🙃
holy ****...notnas bad as the year wait between Star seasons 3 and 4, but still damn
I'm convinced that every track in Turtles in Time is a banger. But the first Technodrome theme is easily my favorite.

Also, Happy Birthday @Guh-Huzzah!
the TMNT has always found a way to have bangers to listen to...even the Bay ones...but not the Next Mutation boys+girl

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
errr...I interrupt this political discussion and bring you ALIENS!!:alien:

A blind alien predator I've been sketching for a project I'm working on over the past hour or so, plus a couple duders.
Alien Creatures.jpg

The silhouette is for a character for this project but she's only here for scale...this is a big boi.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Presidential debates:
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” ― Isaac Asimov
I feel this quote is more relevant than ever where Trump represents the side of anti-intellectualism- and racism. He's going down in November.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi. Yes. We have a political thread. I saw it. I even posted in it. Yeah. :sakbanjo:
Good advice. Please note what while we don’t discourage political discussions, it is a lightning rod topic and one we try to funnel into the Serious Discussion forum. We welcome users from all political backgrounds and ideologies so please keep this in mind if you do engage with someone you disagree with. If you intend to seriously discuss the issue, please do so in Serious Discussion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I tuned in to the debate for probably less than ten minutes before it made me depressed and we switched it off.

Good luck, America. And by proxy, the rest of us.

And here's a good boy in a watermelon both to keep this from qualifying as "Serious Discussion" and as a general palate cleanser.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Name a franchise that would work well as an arcade style beat em up, but isn’t super obvious. Like, making a TMNT beat em up is obvious. Making a Simpsons one isn’t.
One that immediate comes to mind is My Little Pony, But Them's fightin' Herds exists which is technically an MLP Fighting games so it might not count. In that case I think a Sims game that is a brawler would be kinda cool like Photo Dojo from the DSI

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And here's a good boy in a watermelon both to keep this from qualifying as "Serious Discussion" and as a general palate cleanser.

Unless you bring up how traumatizing and dangerous it is for the dog, the victimization of animals for memes and viral moments, the possibility of watermelon juice damaging the dog’s fur, exploration for lols, misuses of pavement and asphalt, the severe deterioration of public parks due to money getting funneled into other departments who have already inflated budgets, the blue and yellow coloring of the stools indicates it being a Michigan State fan (which angers Ohio State fans), the black color of the nails which can indicate witchcraft, and the gross mutilation of all melon-kind.

Then we be getting serious...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless you bring up how traumatizing and dangerous it is for the dog, the victimization of animals for memes and viral moments, the possibility of watermelon juice damaging the dog’s fur, exploration for lols, misuses of pavement and asphalt, the severe deterioration of public parks due to money getting funneled into other departments who have already inflated budgets, the blue and yellow coloring of the stools indicates it being a Michigan State fan (which angers Ohio State fans), the black color of the nails which can indicate witchcraft, and the gross mutilation of all melon-kind.

Well damn there goes the bulk of my follow-up post. Thanks a lot, Venus.

Also everyone knows the stool being blue and yellow means Geno is confirmed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine buying the Avengers game not knowing Kamala Khan was the main character...then pull the race hate card

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

This isn’t your average everyday Karen.
4155B1BE-87B4-4705-8F73-BF324C0B825B.jpeg

This is...

2484CEC8-6A34-4835-AA4B-42E71575B2AA.jpeg

Advance Karen.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not really in the whole waifu/husbando type of thing but my friend and I would religiously play Harvest Moon back in the day as teens. I picked it back up after so many years and realized my favorite bachelorette has this name. Made me feel a bit....sad?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hey! Are You! Ready to Go!

Something something Brand New World!

Have Brand New Animal on my to watch list.
It is really, really good. Trigger's magnum opus except for maybe Little Witch Academia.

chanting
one of us
one of us
one of us

you cannot escape. :thedorf:

happy birthday!
honestly though I've never really pegged you as a furry kinda person lol.
I mean I was already scurting the line as is with Animal Crossing, Aggretsuko, Miss Kobayashi, and My Little Pony, BNA just tipped me over the edge.

I also play a pink rabbit Mink barbarian in my friend's One Piece D&D game

As if being a otaku and g a m e r wasn't pathetic enough. Can I just get my degenerate loser card now? Have I earned it yet?

D

Deleted member

I had a really ****ing weird dream last night and here I am, at 3 am in the morning, trying to figure out wtf I even "watched" lol
I mean I was already scurting the line as is with Animal Crossing, Aggretsuko, Miss Kobayashi, and My Little Pony, BNA just tipped me over the edge.

I also play a pink rabbit Mink barbarian in my friend's One Piece D&D game

As if being a otaku and g a m e r wasn't pathetic enough. Can I just get my degenerate loser card now? Have I earned it yet?
Wait,.. One Piece DnD game? That's certainly the first time i've heard of something like that before,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom