• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think of it, the SNES Online stuff already added some Japan exclusive titles.

What are the chances they'll drop Rockman and Forte? Cause I don't think the SNES version ever got re-released. Hell, still no sign of Final Fight 2 or Final Fight 3 either, it's was on the 3DS e-shop, but not on Switch yet.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Someone told me one local radio station is already playing Christmas music.

It's. Not. Even. ****ing. October. Yet!
Been to a Dollar store a couple days ago that was already selling xmas stuff. Its never too early for xmas!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nice. I should get back to playing games soon myself. I got more than halfway through Mario World not too long ago.
All I do is play video games these days :4pacman:

But that’ll change soon. I’m getting a new computer to replace the potato I’m operating with rn. Maybe then I can improve my animation, and start making games instead of playing them.

D

Deleted member

Um, hey! How's it going? It's been some time hasn't it?
I'm personally doing pretty well. new set hype is real for Majesty Lord Blaster and VBT09, and I have a couple of ideas for MTG and Yugioh decks. Do need to get more deck boxes though
Haven't had much time to talk in general recently which honestly might be a good thing lol
All I do is play card games :secretkpop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

But that’ll change soon. I’m getting a new computer to replace the potato I’m operating with rn. Maybe then I can improve my animation, and start making games instead of playing them.
Yeah, I've been mostly drawing or watching stuff, while looking for more long-time work(ain't easy with the COVID, that's for sure). At the very least, I got a few commissions in, so I'm a bit happier with that.

I got a little bit of animating done this year too. But I want to also replace some of my old equipment, namely my drawing pad so I can work even faster.

:mega:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Nice! Hope I can join you in that boat soon too

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Well, I just saw this. I don't know what to feel anymore, probably disappointment. But eh, what happens, happens. Ancel might have been the one who created the concept of Rayman, but his wife, Alexandra Ancel, was the one who created the character when it came to his design. I look up to her more than I do Ancel after discovering it (and suspecting it, after she drew art for a fan and it looked exactly like R2's concept art). Still, I won't have any ill feelings, and I just hope he can redeem himself, if he wishes.

D

Deleted member

Nice! Hope I can join you in that boat soon too
I'm hoping I can eventually get a half decent computer, but with the way I spend my money that ain't happening anytime soon lol

Also I need to practice some animation; now that I've finally gotten a basic understanding of drawing I have a bunch of small, 10-ish second animations I've been wanting to do for months. It's something that's been on my list for a looooong time.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Well, I just saw this. I don't know what to feel anymore, probably disappointment. But eh, what happens, happens. Ancel might have been the one who created the concept of Rayman, but his wife, Alexandra Ancel, was the one who created the character when it came to his design. I look up to her more than I do Ancel after discovering it (and suspecting it, after she drew art for a fan and it looked exactly like R2's concept art). Still, I won't have any ill feelings, and I just hope he can redeem himself, if he wishes.
I was suspicious of it when I heard he was leaving so abruptly but I read the actual article translations and it seems like he was just a very controlling director. Still, that is pretty abusive constantly denying ideas, calling their ideas stupid, and making them restart development over and over again but compared to some of the other higher ups that got exposed I’m not heartbroken by this. I think he should’ve been more empathetic and his directorship shouldn’t have been used for his own personal gain. Still, all the best to him in his endeavors. At least he is able to do something he loves. I don’t hate the guy like I do some other higher ups there like Valhalla’s director. But he should’ve been better and I hope he is in his new endeavor.

AndreaAC

I was suspicious of it when I heard he was leaving so abruptly but I read the actual article translations and it seems like he was just a very controlling director. Still, that is pretty abusive constantly denying ideas, calling their ideas stupid, and making them restart development over and over again but compared to some of the other higher ups that got exposed I’m not heartbroken by this. I think he should’ve been more empathetic and his directorship shouldn’t have been used for his own personal gain. Still, all the best to him in his endeavors. At least he is able to do something he loves. I don’t hate the guy like I do some other higher ups there like Valhalla’s director. But he should’ve been better and I hope he is in his new endeavor.
Yeah, it sounds to other stuff happening with other people like the guy that was friends with Yves, Hacoet something, but far worse in comparison (because this other guy was accused of sexual harassments as well). Guess it happens with many people in a position of power. But yeah, good luck to him. And I do hope his wife can work in something that she loves, also.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, it sounds to other stuff happening with other people like the guy that was friends with Yves, Hacoet something, but far worse in comparison (because this other guy was accused of sexual harassments as well). Guess it happens with many people in a position of power. But yeah, good luck to him. And I do hope his hope can work in something that she loves, also.
He’s also fighting the claims so I guess we won’t really know until it’s settled

AndreaAC

He’s also fighting the claims so I guess we won’t really know until it’s settled
Oh well, whatever it is or however it ends. That won't change how I feel about Rayman as a character.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well despite the teeth setback news hasn't been a bad day for me. Ate what feels like my body weight for the first time in a while, been game looking on PSN and have a few considerations to get despite a backlog of games and went out walking.

Most of all, spent an afternoon in the local library for the first time since lockdown! So did some brainstorming of story ideas and such. Problem is that, I can't say the speech out loud though which sucks as it helps with writing.

Also Discord has been quiet in general and with the pain gone I'll stick to being here like mostly normal after a weekish break.

"Oh no!" That guy in the back says. I don't know him, by the way.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well despite the teeth setback news hasn't been a bad day for me. Ate what feels like my body weight for the first time in a while, been game looking on PSN and have a few considerations to get despite a backlog of games and went out walking.

Most of all, spent an afternoon in the local library for the first time since lockdown! So did some brainstorming of story ideas and such. Problem is that, I can't say the speech out loud though which sucks as it helps with writing.

Also Discord has been quiet in general and with the pain gone I'll stick to being here like mostly normal after a weekish break.

"Oh no!" That guy in the back says. I don't know him, by the way.
I’ll be on Discord later if you wanna chat, lord knows I need to throw some fuel on my fire

Dutch Raikuna

I’ll be on Discord later if you wanna chat, lord knows I need to throw some fuel on my fire
So you want gasoline or coal for the fire? And do you want it coloured?

Yeah I'm good to do it, planning on doing a mostly all-nighter tonight anyways so helping yours helps mine as well. Should be sharing it more somewhere but hard to trust most places.

Still so happy with myself about finally using the library. Bit of a walk with my laptop in my backpack to get there but in a time when you got nothing much to do cause of issues, it keeps ya going.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nick Fury gets himself an MCU show...but not the homie Howard the Duck...Marvel please

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just on a nostalgia kick lately. On top of having decided to get around to re-watching some Disney classics, I decided on also watching my favorite childhood show again The Angry Beavers which I own the complete series of.

Watched the first 3 episodes and was watching the fourth but kept skipping a part on me, unfortunately. See if it doesn't happen again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Played a bit of Sunshine. Man I really dislike the way you aim with a pro controller.

The left controller stick also controls movement making it tricky. The fact I need to press 3 buttons to stay in place and aim is annoying. Still I really like Sunshine as a game and look forward to actually playing through it completely for the first time.

Galaxy i Like the control scheme for here a lot as well.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a few chapters of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. Is it just me, or are wizards generally absurdly difficult in this series?

I nearly quite playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma because of a combination of a poor use of checkpoints and fighting 2-3 wizards at once (the checkpoint occurred when I was at the point where a single hit could kill me, and wizards were capable of sniping me from across the room), and I just had a boss fight as Ayane that involved three wizards, where I had to Google how to even fight them because my attacks were dealing scratch damage, if they even landed at all. (turned out that charging up a heavy attack ignores their guard and takes off half of their health, but only if it hits)

I'm enjoying Razor's Edge more, though, especially now that I have the bow. The story strongly reminds me of Metal Gear Solid, and Ryu feels a lot more human than what I expected.

I might play either Donkey Kong Country 2 or Yakuza 0 later tonight. I've beaten Donkey Kong Country 2 before, but I wouldn't mind going through it again before DKC3, and I'm enjoying what I played of Yakuza 0, even if it's been a while since I last played it.

Dutch Raikuna

That Jelly Jiggler pfp I picked out for him was a true work of art, TYVM.
That his name? Jelly Jiggler. Jelly Jiggler?

1601073810162.png

Sounds like the name of a villain in a Shrek/Willy Wonka crossover. Commands an army of evil Oompa Loompas to take over the world only for Shrek and Donkey to appear out of nowhere in a portal within the Chocolate Factory.

And now I'm imagining what Mike Myers would have like as Willy Wonka instead of Johnny Depp.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

View attachment 286791

Sounds like the name of a villain in a Shrek/Willy Wonka crossover. Commands an army of evil Oompa Loompas to take over the world only for Shrek and Donkey to appear out of nowhere in a portal within the Chocolate Factory.

And now I'm imagining what Mike Myers would have like as Willy Wonka instead of Johnny Depp.
The main character is named Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and the main villain is named Czar Baldy Bald IV. Ridiculous names are part of the series.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 286791

You have to see Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo for yourself, for better or worse. You never forget a show like that :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I've read a bit of the Bobobo-bo manga lol

Not exactly my cup of tea but I can appreciate the off-the-wall comedy it goes for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom