• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, the wing cap is near impossible for me to use.
Activate it by triple jumping or shooting out of a cannon. You can gain altitude the further down you go. If you go down and then go up, you'll gain height. If you just press up, you'll stall for a little bit, but you'll gain nearly no height. Pressing down just makes you dive until you go up, and ground-pounding just cancels it altogether.

D

Deleted member

So, I was today years old when I accidentally discovered that my laptop charger is compatible with my Switch.

So then I decided to try and connect my Switch charger to my laptop and they’re also compatible.

...........Technology is strange but cool. I’m going to bed. G’nigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Here is how I feel about Mario 64 so far:

A very fun game. Exploring is fun.

My only issue with the game is the controls are pretty poor, especially with the wing cap.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This all just reminds me of when the N. Sane Trilogy released and people were saying Crash is like dark souls.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
On the topic of Super Mario 64 levels, what is everyone's favorite level?

My fav was always Tiny-Huge Island, though you could never go wrong with Whomp's Fortress either.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

My fav was always Tiny-Huge Island.
I'd say Tiny-Huge Island as well.

Lots of levels have small things that I remember fondly. Shifting Sand Land for the little oasis and pyramid, Tall, Tall Mountain for its scale and slide, Hazy Maze Cave for Dorrie, Wet Dry World for the underwater town and Snowman's Land for the little igloo.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

My fav was always Tiny-Huge Island, though you could never go wrong with Whomp's Fortress either.
I think my favorite level is Wet-Dry World.
Changing the water level was always fun for me.
Oh no... I am concerned.
Yeah. Tick Tock Clock is the Rusty Bucket Bay of Super Mario 64.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Haven't played it enough to have a favorite yet.

You know, my theory is that the reason they made Mario 64 explorable instead of linear was because they couldn't make tight platforming controls in 3D worth a damn. They're better now if 3D World is any indication, but I'm not exactly looking forward to Sunshine... maybe Galaxy. That one was more linear so the controls might be tighter. I'll still 100% 64 and Sunshine. No real point in not. 100%-ing a game like that basically IS playing it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If i had a nickel for every time a character in a show this year tried to ignore massive mental health problems by pretending like nothing's wrong i'd have two nickels. not a lot, but i's weird it happened twice
View attachment 286313
if I could count comics it'd be 3-4 for me. Nadia Pym/Wasp being bipolar and...everything about Red Hood

Shroob

Sup?
Haven't played it enough to have a favorite yet.

You know, my theory is that the reason they made Mario 64 explorable instead of linear was because they couldn't make tight platforming controls in 3D worth a damn. They're better now if 3D World is any indication, but I'm not exactly looking forward to Sunshine... maybe Galaxy. That one was more linear so the controls might be tighter. I'll still 100% 64 and Sunshine. No real point in not. 100%-ing a game like that basically IS playing it.
Lord

She know not what she do-eth.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh come on. How tough can it be?
So

Blue Coins

You have to collect all of them to 100% the game.

The game does not tell you what Blue Coins you've already collected in a stage or how many are left.

And some Blue Coins only spawn in some specific missions.

Have fun plowing through THE WHOLE GAME looking for those last handful of Blue Coins

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So

Blue Coins

You have to collect all of them to 100% the game.

The game does not tell you what Blue Coins you've already collected in a stage or how many are left.

And some Blue Coins only spawn in some specific missions.

Have fun plowing through THE WHOLE GAME looking for those last handful of Blue Coins
Oh come on, you really think I'd play a game like this without a guide? You think I'm in the mood to wast my time?

Shroob

Sup?
Oh come on, you really think I'd play a game like this without a guide? You think I'm in the mood to wast my time?
Sure, but you'll have to literally either:

Never touch a single Blue coin through your entire first run, which does get very annoying so you can save them all for later

OR

You have to write every single coin down to cross reference the ones you've already obtained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom