• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nobody:

Irepan whenever he has something to explain about himself:
Hey, us Irish gotta get our neutrality from somewhere by using our nationality as an excuse. Not many countries can away with that, you know. This whole bit is a joke by the way.

I’ve been playing Final Fantasy since really it’s start and, while I like the return back to its high-fantasy roots, comparing it to Dark Souls, Dragon Age, and The Witcher isn’t entirely off the mark. I felt like I was looking at an anime version of Witcher at some moments. I’m neutral at best on it but I will admit, the increase in gore is a nice touch. FF has always been iffy when in comes to adding blood and such to its games. I personally like it. In terms of the style, it seems like they took the direction FF12 and went full GoT-influenced fantasy into it.

FF1, 3, 6, 7, and 10 are still hands down my favorites. 12 and 13 are up there though in terms of art direction and style.
Like I said I have played FF for 8 years now and have completed five mainline games and four at least twice (7, 9, 10, 13 and 15) and got at least a 1/3 of the way through 6, 8 and 12.

I wish XVI went with XV's "Sword and Skyscraper" aesthetic and ran with it but I'm happy nonetheless. XV did somethings that I some games took note of, problem was the best bits were in the DLC.

I'm just happy that I saw a new single player FF announced properly. Outside of XV, the last time anyone got to see one announced was 2006, when Smash Bros Brawl was shown!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its been a while now but I've been really getting into speculative evolution regarding this book called Cryptozoologicon where it hypothetically imagines cryptids if they were real animals.

Some examples. Gambo being a marine monotreme, kelpie being a northern large aquatic chevrotain, dingonek as an aquatic saber-toothed cat, mbielu-mbielu-mbielu as a species of lungfish that evolved "plates".

I decided to come up with some of my own.

Akhlut: I thought about the idea of making the akhlut a species of predatory pinniped with markings similar to orcas, basically the arctic equivalent to the leopard seal but I wanted to be creative and instead have it be the sole surviving member of a species of wolf-like cetacean that evolved from the same ancestors as whales that branched off into its own lineage while retaining its wolf-like features only taking a more aquatic lifestyle.

Altamaha-ha: A species of freshwater seal. At times at first glance, it might look reptilian but that's because it's sometimes covered in green algae.

Bipedal wolf-like cryptids such as the Beast of Bray Road and Michigan Dogman: Since there were no baboons ever native to North America. I would imagine them being large apes that evolved dog-like snouts as baboons had.

Dobhar-chu and Lemisch: Large species of otters like the giant otter and sea otter.

Mahama: A species of crocodile descended from crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni.

Tatzelwurm: A large species of two-legged lizard that has pretty much adapted to the cold environment in the Alps. It has a facial structure with two pointy horns on its head that would otherwise resemble that of a cat as seen in myths.

Yowie: A species of marsupial that has hominid/primate traits through convergent evolution. Given Australia is dominated by marsupials I think if the Yowie were to be a real animal, it'd be a marsupial.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Mamboo07 Mamboo07 Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you guys might be interested in this book.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone always memes about the two opening cutscenes of the CDi games

but like

can we just talk about how CDi Zelda gives ZERO ****s?

for being a terriblly designed game the cutscenes are actually pretty well animated ngl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Saw this and decided to participate, so do I deserve rights?
Yes

While not all necessarily amongst my favorites, I respect every one of these and I can see why people like you love em so much. And of course you know how much I like Meet The Robinsons myself, haha .

Anyways, how do mine stack up?

1. WALL-E
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. The Princess Bride
4. How to Train Your Dragon

Honorable Mentions: The Prince of Egypt, Ratatouille, The Dark Knight, Toy Story 2

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
God of War Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI announced in the same conference......yeah this sold me on a PS5.

And XVI was announced just as I finished Final Fantasy XV so the timing could not have been more perfect.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yes

While not all necessarily amongst my favorites, I respect every one of these and I can see why people like you love em so much. And of course you know how much I like Meet The Robinsons myself, haha .

1. WALL-E
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. The Princess Bride

Honorable Mentions: The Prince of Egypt, Ratatouille, The Dark Knight, Toy Story 2
I haven't seen the films not bolded but the rest proves you have incredible taste.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God of War Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI announced in the same conference......yeah this sold me on a PS5.

And XVI was announced just as I finished Final Fantasy XV so the timing could not have been more perfect.
Looks up God of War: Ragnarok

God dammit now I have more the reason to get a PS5 far sooner. >_<

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yes

1. WALL-E
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. The Princess Bride

Every one of these is valid and you deserve all the rights.

Dutch Raikuna

Puck is proud of you for getting through another day and is applauding you for facing it head on.
Aw isn't he so adorable. Makes you forget how messed up Re:Zero can be.

Yep I so hyped. I might have watch XVI's trailer about 20 times at least already. I'm gonna go PS5 this gen but try and see about getting Xbox Game Pass via cloud the odd time.

Most of next year though, might lend the board to Nintendo.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Aw isn't he so adorable. Makes you forget how messed up Re:Zero can be.

Yep I so hyped. I might have watch XVI's trailer about 20 times at least already. I'm gonna go PS5 this gen but try and see about getting Xbox Game Pass via cloud the odd time.

Most of next year though, might lend the board to Nintendo.
Final Fantasy XVI's trailer was incredible. Harkens back to old-school Final Fantasy with the medieval setting with more in-depth combat from XV onward. It's also pretty damn bloody for a mainline Final Fantasy title, it's getting the M rating for sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
******* please none of these pales in comparison to the abomination that is this.

I wasn't even five minutes into that atrocity and already it made me just want to stab a fork into my eye. That's how awful it was. Makes the ******* Emoji Movie and Foodfight! look like masterpieces in comparison.

This piece of **** was also so awful it put me in physical pain and again that wasn't even five minutes. I can only imagine if I ended up sitting through the whole thing...I don't even want to imagine it...

And you know the worst thing about this? They had actors like Mark Hamill (Joker, Luke Skywalker), Grey Delisle (Azula, Daphne Blake), Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson, she even had a producing role in this), and Jodi Benson (Ariel) involved with this abomination.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Well I'm gonna jump off the forums for tonight. Stick a bit on Discord for a bit.

That was fun but we still have the Partner Showcase tomorrow!

And one more time: Holy ****. Final Fantasy XVI has gotten announced.

Do I deserve rights?

sees Pixels poster slogan

Everytime I see the words "Game On" used for anything, it makes me cringe.........and I watch anime. It's hurts my head..

Also, I'm surprised the pandemic didn't give rise to more Birdemic memes.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Are we doing favorite films or something?

Can I say the name of my favorite film or do I have to call it "Mr. Herman's Big Adventure"?

D

Deleted member

I bought myself a mic boom arm today, so hopefully it'll get here soon. It's been on my list for awhile now so it's good to finally knock that off the "not card game related" buylist. What, you don't have individual buylists for all your hobbies? :secretkpop:

Definitely need to work on my voice though: I do stutter a bit, have trouble pronouncing stuff with T sounds( I pronounce "three" like tree, to give an example) and my voice tends to get super nazly soundly if I use it too much. It's a pretty big issue but it'll probably get better with practice.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its been a while now but I've been really getting into speculative evolution regarding this book called Cryptozoologicon where it hypothetically imagines cryptids if they were real animals.

Some examples. Gambo being a marine monotreme, kelpie being a northern large aquatic chevrotain, dingonek as an aquatic saber-toothed cat, mbielu-mbielu-mbielu as a species of lungfish that evolved "plates".

I decided to come up with some of my own.

Akhlut: I thought about the idea of making the akhlut a species of predatory pinniped with markings similar to orcas, basically the arctic equivalent to the leopard seal but I wanted to be creative and instead have it be the sole surviving member of a species of wolf-like cetacean that evolved from the same ancestors as whales that branched off into its own lineage while retaining its wolf-like features only taking a more aquatic lifestyle.

Altamaha-ha: A species of freshwater seal. At times at first glance, it might look reptilian but that's because it's sometimes covered in green algae.

Bipedal wolf-like cryptids such as the Beast of Bray Road and Michigan Dogman: Since there were no baboons ever native to North America. I would imagine them being large apes that evolved dog-like snouts as baboons had.

Dobhar-chu and Lemisch: Large species of otters like the giant otter and sea otter.

Mahama: A species of crocodile descended from crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni.

Tatzelwurm: A large species of two-legged lizard that has pretty much adapted to the cold environment in the Alps. It has a facial structure with two pointy horns on its head that would otherwise resemble that of a cat as seen in myths.

Yowie: A species of marsupial that has hominid/primate traits through convergent evolution. Given Australia is dominated by marsupials I think if the Yowie were to be a real animal, it'd be a marsupial.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Mamboo07 Mamboo07 Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you guys might be interested in this book.
!

Did someone mention a book on cryptids and speculative evolution?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A part of me kinda wants to give Super Paper Mario another playthrough, because I rushed through the story and skipped most of the cutscenes by mashing the a button.

Another part of me doesn't want to because that gameplay gets stale hella fast imo, and that's why I'm hesitant. It's my least favorite of the 4 Paper Mario games I consider above average for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom