• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean you’d think they’d go crazier with the alts considering they no long need to adhere to them for team battles, but yeah I guess it’s not the case considering time and budget reasons as well as needing approval from the creators. You could easily make all Mario’s and Link’s alts different outfits if Odyssey and BOTW is any indication, and characters like Isabelle and technically Toon Link (Triforce Heroes) have a lot of outfits too
And even after that, Sonic could reference other Sega characters. Joker could reference the other Persona Protagonists. Same with the Fire Emblem characters. The Pokemon could have their Shiny colors (why do the Pokemon not have their Shiny colors!?!). So many things you could do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And even after that, Sonic could reference other Sega characters. Joker could reference the other Persona Protagonists. Same with the Fire Emblem characters.
That might be a bit too much, but there’s still a lot you could do.

I’ve been looking for alt. outfit material for my Sonic fighting game ideas and there’s a lot more than I’ve expected, especially if you take into consideration the official art Sonic Channel has done over the years:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And even after that, Sonic could reference other Sega characters. Joker could reference the other Persona Protagonists. Same with the Fire Emblem characters. The Pokemon could have their Shiny colors (why do the Pokemon not have their Shiny colors!?!). So many things you could do.
I think the reason they chose to have Jokers alts reference the colors of each game instead of their protagonists is because most persona protagonists have a lot of black on their outfits so it would end up looking to similar.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Given how Sakurai has stated that progress is going along fine with no real complications, I still would be surprised.
It might be true, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. Nintendo's original story was that covid hadn't proven that much of an interruption to their schedule, and that was one of the biggest lies I've ever heard.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It might be true, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. Nintendo's original story was that covid hadn't proven that much of an interruption to their schedule, and that was one of the biggest lies I've ever heard.
I mean, they aren't being transparent about this at all, so for all we know, they might not have had much of anything planned at all for this year already.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, they aren't being transparent about this at all, so for all we know, they might not have had much of anything planned at all for this year already.
Well at this point they don't. But originally they had to have had more planned than this.

The benefit of them playing things so close to the chest is that all those internal delays never had to be made public.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well at this point they don't. But originally they had to have had more planned than this.

The benefit of them playing things so close to the chest is that all those internal delays never had to be made public.
To be even fairer. Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Pikmin 3, and the mario remasters it whatever they spit out for the holidays is a better lineup then we get from Nintendo most years.

And like.... I hate to be that girl, but if the PS5 and Series X are still on track to launch, then Nintendo really has no excuse for falling behind that much.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be even fairer. Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Pikmin 3, and the mario remasters it whatever they spit out for the holidays is a better lineup then we get from Nintendo most years.

And like.... I hate to be that girl, but if the PS5 and Series X are still on track to launch, then Nintendo really has no excuse for falling behind that much.
To be fair, Sony and Microsoft are both based within the USA (from what I’ve seen others say, Sony moved their HQ over here?). I don’t think Japanese companies are used to having employees work from home much at all, though you’d think they could still be more communicative...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Half of those were games that already exist. The other one's a spin-off which I hear is good not great, and then you have one tentpole release. Maybe you love Animal Crossing, but to be fair, you've got to put aside personal favourites and just look at the year. I mean I love Smash, obviously, and it made 2018 for me gaming-wise, but I can't say that that year was super strong for the Switch.

I mean look at last year. There was Pokemon, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Ring Fit, Ultimate Alliance, and Daemon x Machina. And probably other stuff. And five DLC characters.

So... which year was worse than this? 2016? Sure, the Wii U was pretty abysmal that year, but we still had the 3DS chugging along, putting out games. And we had the promise of the NX/Switch arriving soon. Now we're just in some nebulous limbo mainly waiting for a few undated, mostly unseen, possibly far-off games.

Not to be overly cynical, but this is a year that if people are defending it now, it's because we're right in the middle of it. By, let's say, 2022, the consensus will largely be that this year was overall a flop for Nintendo. Not commercially, of course. But in terms of the offerings they provided.

To be real, Microsoft isn't doing too well either, having to push their killer app into 2021, but I think Nintendo is hurting so much because of how unwilling they were to embrace more modern business practices prior to all this.

Why is it better the less you know, N3ON?
Because it impedes my bliss.

Also because I dig Tame Impala.

But mostly because this site won't let me change my user title anymore without me giving them monies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Half of those were games that already exist. The other one's a spin-off which I hear is good not great, and then you have one tentpole release. Maybe you love Animal Crossing, but to be fair, you've got to put aside personal favourites and just look at the year. I mean I love Smash, obviously, and it made 2018 for me gaming-wise, but I can't say that that year was super strong for the Switch.

I mean look at last year. There was Pokemon, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Ring Fit, Ultimate Alliance, and Daemon x Machina. And probably other stuff. And five DLC characters.

So... which year was worse than this? 2016? Sure, the Wii U was pretty abysmal that year, but we still had the 3DS chugging along, putting out games. And we had the promise of the NX/Switch arriving soon. Now we're just in some nebulous limbo mainly waiting for a few undated, mostly unseen, possibly far-off games.

Not to be overly cynical, but this is a year that if people are defending it now, it's because we're right in the middle of it. By, let's say, 2022, the consensus will largely be that this year was overall a flop for Nintendo. Not commercially, of course. But in terms of the offerings they provided.

To be real, Microsoft isn't doing too well either, having to push their killer app into 2021, but I think Nintendo is hurting so much because of how unwilling they were to embrace more modern business practices prior to all this.

Because it impedes my bliss.

Also because I dig Tame Impala.

But mostly because this site won't let me change my user title anymore without me giving them monies.
I don't think this year is good. I think it's typical. Plus it's still better then 2019 or the first half of 2018.

Plus, I have a compulsive need to be excited for something, and Smash is really the only thing that can fit the bill right now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I started playing Bug Fables last week and right now I'm already at the 4th chapter. Been going through the side quests and I have really been enjoying the game. It feels more like a sequel to Thousand Year Door more than a spiritual successor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think this year is good. I think it's typical. Plus it's still better then 2019 or the first half of 2018.

Plus, I have a compulsive need to be excited for something, and Smash is really the only thing that can fit the bill right now.
If you think Nintendo's 2020's offerings have been better than 2019's, you're really not looking at things objectively.

There was what, four or five times the number of original titles than this year?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you think Nintendo's 2020's offerings have been better than 2019's, you're really not looking at things objectively.

There was what, four or five times the number of original titles than this year?
Remind me what they were again? Because last year, according to my memory, we just got Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion 3.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Welp, I just finished Undertale.
How funny that you should post this like 4 days after I started feeling a wave of nostalgia for Undertale and Deltarune. I'm glad you loved them! They really are amazing games. Also, good news about Deltarune: I checked Toby's Twitter and he said that development of Deltarune is going well. Hopefully we'll play the finished game like, I dunno, three years from now if I had to guess.

D

Deleted member

Again. I have a compulsive need to look forward to something.
I can at least emphasize with that(coming from a card game nerd who really never has nothing to look forward to what with keeping track of set releases for 3 different games) but I feel you always take it to an extreme. Like everytime something doesn’t appeal to you specifically, not even 10 minutes later you’re posting on here about how bad it is, and while it’s fine to have that kinda opinion and also have the opinion there’s nothing to look forward to, you always just go a teensy bit too far into ranting territory, which again isn’t necessarily bad, but you keep on doing it and doing and doing it and honestly you feel like a broken record. I can emphasize with you wanting to find meaning in the year to year struggle and find stuff you want to look forward to(and I need to emphasize that’s not a bad thing) you always broadcast your opinion on it to such a degree it’s gotten pretty repetitive.

You’re a kind person and I understand the feeling, I truly do, but I feel you broadcasting every little detail about every little thing and opinion you have ever is maybe a bit much?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm very frustrated by lack of first-party Nintendo news, too. But I at least try and look on the bright side of things when we get partner showcases/Indie Worlds. I find it's more enjoyable to talk about what I liked about the partner showcase, rather than express that I am frustrated for the millionth time. It's not the fault of the smaller-game devs that Nintendo hasn't put out any first-party news, so I try to give praise where it's due.

For me, complaining about the lack of first party news is better saved for days when there isn't a presentation. Such as today cuz I just did it now woo!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

I am reading an interesting book, and I love it when you can relate heavily to a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom