• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I think it’s more so what happened to Ono BEFORE this news that he’s leaving Capcom.

He was completely taken off of any kind of creative control on Capcom’s fighting games and moved to, I think, the executive producer of eSports. Not sure. His announcement comes after the major shakeup that happened at Capcom. A lot of the blame fell to Ono, with accusations of him mismanaging the Street Fighter brand for SFV and apparently heading down that same road at the beginning of SFVI. So, he was removed from the project. And this is what likely led to he’s resignation.

I don’t think ALL the blame should fall on Ono but I won’t deny that his new mindset since SFxTK, the beginning of SFV development, and especially MvC:I where they would focus on the DLC as the profit of the game was poorly implemented and to an extent was a bit damaging to the brands. All in all, it’s a shame to see him go but when new hands that love the property get a hold of it magic can happen. Resident Evil 2, 3, FFVII Remake, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Crash 4, even Super Mario Odyssey all had a team that loved the old games behind them and I think that’s why they’re so special.
yeah that's what i was sorta getting at here

i'm not arguing that ono was this stain on the company who made nothing but bad decisions because don't get me wrong, for the majority of his time at capcom, he did some wonderful ****, especially with how he handled sf4, but towards his final years at the company it did feel like it was time for someone else to take over

looking back, the whole "ono leaving could actually be a good thing" thing i opened my first post on this matter with was poorly-worded. i'm not trying to argue based on "oh thank god ono's gone". because it's not ono leaving that's specifically a good thing, it's the new team. imo they seem very promising and i'm really excited to see where they take sf and any other capcom fighters moving forward

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Fellas, I need your opinions.
I genuinely think Phoenix Wright will most likely be the next DLC fighter, but I need to know if I’m just being incredibly biased.
Here’s why I think so. Read this before letting my know.
-Stuff which has always applied, like him being on primarily Nintendo consoles
-Ace Attorney got a theme for Capcom Cafe for seemingly no reason. New games have gotten announced at Capcom Cafe before, so it just makes sense that he could be getting one too. And I must clarify; I do not think they would announce Phoenix for Smash at Capcom Cafe. But I do think that may be another reason they’re doing it. Nintendo will always be the ones to actually announce these characters.
-If a game does get announced at Capcom Cafe, that opens the door for Phoenix in Smash on its own.
-The next mainline Ace Attorney game would be Ace Attorney 7, which would match up with FP7’s slot. I know this 99% chance means absolutely nothing, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.
-If the Ace Attorney 7 thing does mean something, then it could also apply to all that 7-related evidence for Geno.
-His fanbase is bigger than most people think, even larger than Waluigi’s as shown by Source Gaming’s most recent Smash poll.
-Capcom doesn’t have a rep currently inside Smash Ultimate’s DLC, which seems very strange. We got two Capcom reps with Ryu and Mega Man in Smash 4, so you’d think we’d get more than just an echo in Ultimate.
-Visual novels are currently not represented at all in Smash, and Ace Attorney is one of the most popular of the genre.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm sure delaying Halo was a painful decision to make but I hope things go well for the console launch.

I plan to get a Series X but I need a good exclusive to give me a reason to go out and buy one (and Halo isn't that)

D

Deleted member

The Wall of Flesh is going to eat this page!!! Oh no!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I genuinely think Phoenix Wright will most likely be the next DLC fighter, but I need to know if I’m just being incredibly biased.
-Ace Attorney got a theme for Capcom Cafe for seemingly no reason. New games have gotten announced at Capcom Cafe before, so it just makes sense that he could be getting one too. And I must clarify; I do not think they would announce Phoenix for Smash at Capcom Cafe. But I do think that may be another reason they’re doing it. Nintendo will always be the ones to actually announce these characters.
-If a game does get announced at Capcom Cafe, that opens the door for Phoenix in Smash on its own.
-The next mainline Ace Attorney game would be Ace Attorney 7, which would match up with FP7’s slot. I know this 99% chance means absolutely nothing, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.
-If the Ace Attorney 7 thing does mean something, then it could also apply to all that 7-related evidence for Geno.
-His fanbase is bigger than most people think, even larger than Waluigi’s as shown by Source Gaming’s most recent Smash poll.
-Capcom doesn’t have a rep currently inside Smash Ultimate’s DLC, which seems very strange. We got two Capcom reps with Ryu and Mega Man in Smash 4, so you’d think we’d get more than just an echo in Ultimate.
-Visual novels are currently not represented at all in Smash, and Ace Attorney is one of the most popular of the genre.
I could see another Capcom character getting in... and at this point Phoenix is really the only viable option left.

Crash Bandicoot
Geno
Phoenix Wright
Lloyd Irving
and... IDK.... Master Chief? Rash? Travis Touchdown? Ryu Hayabusa

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright
Note: Character (Persona)

Base Game
  • Joker (Arsène)
  • Mona (Zorro)
  • Skull (Captian Kidd)
  • Panther (Carmen)
  • Fox (Goemon)
  • Queen (Johanna)
  • Noir (Milady)
  • Violet (Cendrillion)
  • Sophia (Pandora)
  • Wolf (Valjean)
  • Crow (Robin Hood)
  • Lavenza (Zaou-Gongen)
  • Black Mask (Loki)
  • Dreamer (Azazoth)
  • Yu Narukami (Izanagi-no-Okami)
  • Yosuke Hanamura (Susano-o)
  • Chie Satonaka (Suzuka Gongen)
  • Yukiko Amagi (Amaterasu)
  • Kanji Tatsumi (Rokuten Maou)
  • Rise Kujikawa (Kanzeon)
  • Teddie (Kamui)
  • Naoto Shirogane (Yamato-Takeru)
  • Margaret (Yo****sune/Chu Chulain/Ardha)
  • Marie (Kaguya)
  • Tohru Adachi (Magatsu-Izanagi)
  • Labrys (Ariadne)
  • Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi)
  • New Original Antagonist
DLC
  • Makoto Yuki/Minato Arisato (Orpheus Telos)
  • Yukari Takeba (Isis)
  • Junpei Iori (Trismegistus)
  • Mitsuru Kirijo (Artemisia)
  • Akihiko Sanada (Caesar)
  • Ken Amada & Koromaru (Kala-Nemi & Cerberus)
  • Aegis (Pallas Athena)
  • Shinjiro Aragaki (Castor)
  • Elizabeth (Thanatos)
  • Theodore (Melchizedek)
  • Takaya Sakuki (Hypnos)
  • Naorin Toudou aka Boy with Earring (Amen Ra)
  • Tatsuysa Suou (Apollo)
  • Maya Amano (Artemis)
  • Shin Managi aka Demi-Fiend
  • Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV
  • Flynn
  • Itsuki Aoi (Chrom)
  • SMTV Protagonist
  • Vincent Brooks (Katherine and Catherine)
  • Dante
  • Bayonetta (Madama Butterfly)
I decided to follow the outline from the previous game and stick to characters from 5 and 4 for the base game, with characters from 3 and beyond coming as DLC. My top limit came from DBFZ and MvC. And just like the P3 characters in the previous game, theP4 characters have grown up and now use their Ultimate Personas.

The story is done in multiple "Episodes" like Cross Tag Battle. Base game gives you the Persona 5 and Persona 4 episodes. With the DLC giving you the Persona 3 and Shin Megami Tensei+ episodes. And you may be thinking "Wait Snake, there's a pretty big reason why some of those characters from 3 can't come back. And to that I say that if you played Persona 5 Royal and look at the base game roster again, I think you can see the idea I'm going for.

And if you could give me "Personas" for some of the characters I listed that don't have them, I would appreciate.

And yes, this would be Switch Exclusive. We need more Switch based fighting games that fully utilize the hardware.
Well I hope you were thinking of reusing sprites from the last two Persona based fighting games cause that’s the only way I’d be able to see them pulling off a roster that big

D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright is in my top three of most wanted characters, Phoenix Wright would be awesome as hell.

Edit: I need to finish Ace Attorney: Justice for All, lol. I am on the final episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So... assuming that Cross Tag Battle Datamine is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't considering the asset reusing nature of the game), then we would be getting a Melty Blood character in the game. Now, that character was also in Under Night In-Birth, so they could just file her there if they really wanted. But... that diamond icon, the one that's in all the promo material and loading screens, there are two little spots on the left and right where one more diamond could easily fit in. And if they count Melty Blood as one, then that would leave one space left for one more franchise to be represented. My preference would always be the Double Dragon and River City shared universe, bring in Billy and Jimmy as a tag duo character and do the same for Kunio and Riki, or just have all four as solo fighters, but I'm just me, obviously. So I wonder what universe do YOU think could fill that hole. There's also the idea that they could go with something that's totally not anime at all like... IDK... Steven Universe or something random like that.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Phoenix Wright is in my top three of most wanted characters, Phoenix Wright would be awesome as hell.

Edit: I need to finish Ace Attorney: Justice for All, lol. I am on the final episode.
I finished AA3 pretty recently. (No spoilers, don’t worry.)

For two weeks afterward I completely forgot I finished it, lol. It’s not like the ending is forgettable, I’m just an idiot honestly.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I hope you were thinking of reusing sprites from the last two Persona based fighting games cause that’s the only way I’d be able to see them pulling off a roster that big
A: No. That's not really viable considering the changes made to the Persona 4 cast.
B: Look at FighterZ. That roster is almost as big and probably on the road to equaling my concept.
C: It would be using their current strategy of using 3D models to mimic the look of 2D animation. Which I understand is much less work then their previous system of highly detailed sprites.

D

Deleted member

C: It would be using their current strategy of using 3D models to mimic the look of 2D animation. Which I understand is much less work then their previous system of highly detailed sprites.
Debatable IMO. From experience 3d modeling is pretty difficult as is and trying to mimic 2D animation by using 3d animation is an even harder undertaking.

Shroob

Sup?
So... assuming that Cross Tag Battle Datamine is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't considering the asset reusing nature of the game), then we would be getting a Melty Blood character in the game. Now, that character was also in Under Night In-Birth, so they could just file her there if they really wanted. But... that diamond icon, the one that's in all the promo material and loading screens, there are two little spots on the left and right where one more diamond could easily fit in. And if they count Melty Blood as one, then that would leave one space left for one more franchise to be represented. My preference would always be the Double Dragon and River City shared universe, bring in Billy and Jimmy as a tag duo character and do the same for Kunio and Riki, or just have all four as solo fighters, but I'm just me, obviously. So I wonder what universe do YOU think could fill that hole. There's also the idea that they could go with something that's totally not anime at all like... IDK... Steven Universe or something random like that.
Melty Blood?

....Oh right I forgot that Type/Moon had a fighting game.

......wait does this mean UnderNight InBirth is now a Fate game? :dr^_^:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom