• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly feels like some people have been avoiding me or maybe I'm just annoyed.

Like I'm I messing up my approach to my posts or something recently?

I think I'm sounding hostile to people but I'm not and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ok... So I am currently with a big dilemma.

You see, today It is my uncle's birthday (my mother's brother, not the other uncle who has the House with a swimming pool), and for the most part I was basically considering to just not go at all since my uncles deeply despise me and even went on to say some days ago in front of everyone that nobody gives a **** about me.
Sounds like a simple and fair solution.

However, my cousins have texted me saying that they are sad I didn't go have lunch with them as these past days I've went with them they have felt really good with my presence and all that. So right now I'm not sure if I should go dinner with them tonight just for my cousins while trying my best to deal with my uncles or just not going at the cost of dissapointing my cousins.

Since most of you here are around 25 to 30 years old, I was thinking ya'll could give me some feedback about this due to the amount of experience you all seem to have.
Gonna focus in on the bolded statements.

I would go. But, go with this specific plan in mind: still wish your uncle a happy birthday and be cordial, but don't chat it up with him. Let the rest of the family do that. Then, go with the group of cousins you have who actually care about you and want to spend time with you. Wish the specific person a happy b-day, but then go with the social group you fit in with well. It's like wishing the star athlete a happy birthday, but then hanging out with the marching band kids for the rest of the time at school lunch, ya feel me?

D

Deleted member

SalC1 did a video on how exactly the Pack.png image and the title screen panorama was found. It's really interesting the lengths people went, going so far as to literally recreate the entire panorama background just to brute force the seed.

D

Deleted member

Honestly feels like some people have been avoiding me or maybe I'm just annoyed.

I'm honestly not dodging you, but rather don't know what to reply to your posts as I don't watch the same animes.

And I've basically been emotionless for way too many years, so I can't be of much help with that.

Gonna focus in on the bolded statements.

I would go. But, go with this specific plan in mind: still wish your uncle a happy birthday and be cordial, but don't chat it up with him. Let the rest of the family do that. Then, go with the group of cousins you have who actually care about you and want to spend time with you. Wish the specific person a happy b-day, but then go with the social group you fit in with well. It's like wishing the star athlete a happy birthday, but then hanging out with the marching band kids for the rest of the time at school lunch, ya feel me?
Yeah, I get you.

Your tip seems to be what everyone of my friends around Discord tend to suggest me, so I'll honestly try that in the end.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If I have to be quite frank... your recent posts feel... desperate to me. Like you really want attention but keep on asking over and over and over and won't stop.

I understand the feeling of course, but maybe tone it down just a tiny bit?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I think I'm sounding hostile to people but I'm not and stuff like that.
i'm not ignoring you I really just come in here for a second to post and leave these days so I don't always notice everything

D

Deleted member

Ok... So I am currently with a big dilemma.

You see, today It is my uncle's birthday (my mother's brother, not the other uncle who has the House with a swimming pool), and for the most part I was basically considering to just not go at all since my uncles deeply despise me and even went on to say some days ago in front of everyone that nobody gives a **** about me.
Sounds like a simple and fair solution.

However, my cousins have texted me saying that they are sad I didn't go have lunch with them as these past days I've went with them they have felt really good with my presence and all that. So right now I'm not sure if I should go dinner with them tonight just for my cousins while trying my best to deal with my uncles or just not going at the cost of dissapointing my cousins.

Since most of you here are around 25 to 30 years old, I was thinking ya'll could give me some feedback about this due to the amount of experience you all seem to have.
In my opinion, I wouldn't go, especially when he said no one gives a **** about you. As for your cousins, so then they are disappointed, but you shouldn't have to bend over backwards and visit your abusive uncle just to make others happy, but think about yourself as well. And bluntly, if they try to guilt trip you for that later, they aren't that much better. You can spend future days with them, but if they won't understand and accept it, it's on them, not you.

In short, don't bend over backwards and visit your abusive uncle just to make someone else happy. It's not healthy.

Of course all this comes from someone who decided to cut most of the family out of her life as they weren't exactly nice people and has gotten quite a few trust issues and grew slightly bitter about such topics as a result, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm biased when it comes to this.

Dutch Raikuna

If I have to be quite frank... your recent posts feel... desperate to me. Like you really want attention but keep on asking over and over and over and won't stop.

I understand the feeling of course, but maybe tone it down just a tiny bit?
Thank you. It's weird. I don't want attention at all but it's like a certain part of my brain craves it when I know the consequences very, very well and risks doing damage to friendships I've built here.

I don't know what's been causing it. Maybe I get too irritated at every time I get a post buried or not being out as much has made go off the wall even though I just went on holiday. And the burying creates a sort of "will this get buried or not?" dangerous paranoia that makes it worse. So I wait, or I edit to make it clearer and all that. Or maybe I expect certain things but won't admit it.

It's really gotten worse the past few weeks and it risks destroying how I started here. And it feels like I'm becoming emotionless about it. I care about people here and I owe them greatly for getting over it.

I just wish I can tear those attention signals from my brain cause my life would be 1000 times better.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

It is so weird. Like a disgusting side of me is craving attention. I don't care about likes and stuff and been that way since I joined the Internet. I only get annoyed when I make pretty serious posts and they get buried.

Unfortunately I must dig a hole and make the baby option before it gets worse. Get an app/extension to restrict my time on a few things like here and Discord.

I want to be known here as a likeable friend to some and a creative writer. Not a clingy ******* and it'll only be for a while. I really enjoy talking to people but this is a bad way if I go down this road.

I want conversations just to be fair and people; I apologise for the past few while.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know how Shovel Knight has exclusive Kratos and Battletoads boss fights on the PlayStation and Xbox consoles?

I always thought that the Nintendo versions should have gotten one too. And I wanted it to be the original 12 fighters from Smash.

D

Deleted member

You know how Shovel Knight has exclusive Kratos and Battletoads boss fights on the PlayStation and Xbox consoles?

I always thought that the Nintendo versions should have gotten one too. And I wanted it to be the original 12 fighters from Smash.
I kinda agree but the realist in me sees that being a nightmare to code and get the rights to. Just Mario would be the most likely scenario.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It is so weird. Like a disgusting side of me is craving attention. I don't care about likes and stuff and been that way since I joined the Internet. I only get annoyed when I make pretty serious posts and they get buried.

Unfortunately I must dig a hole and make the baby option before it gets worse. Get an app/extension to restrict my time on a few things like here and Discord.

I want to be known here as a likeable friend to some and a creative writer. Not a clingy ******* and it'll only be for a while. I really enjoy talking to people but this is a bad way if I go down this road.

I want conversations just to be fair and people; I apologise for the past few while.
No need to feel bad. I get what it's like to seek attention from online friends.

It's a good thing that you are aware of your faults but I guarantee you that nobody (that matters at least) will hold your mistakes against you. You're awesome.

D

Deleted member

No need to feel bad. I get what it's like to seek attention from online friends.

It's a good thing that you are aware of your faults but I guarantee you that nobody (that matters at least) will hold your mistakes against you. You're awesome.
I honestly Hope the same applies with me.

I know for a fact people such as you are quite glad with my presence here... Although I don't know for sure if anyone shares those same feelings.
Hopefully It is just anxiety giving me unneeded fears, but after someone from the site blocked me at Discord I honestly want to be more cautious with anything I say.

But even if some happen to not enjoy my presence, I am still glad I got to met with all of you. You all changed me for the better.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I did some exercise this morning. Now I feel so tired I could fall asleep right now at noon.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

All twelve of them seems a bit excessive. Maybe just one character like Link (since Shovel Knight seemed to take some inspiration from Zelda 2) or Wario (given Shovel Knight's treasure hunting habits).

D

Deleted member

Feeling exhausted today, tbh.

Probably because of the heat, the birthday thing or just stress.

Will try to take a minor nap to see if closing my eyes a bit helps.

D

Deleted member

You've heard about vampires, but what about vampires in kick-ass robot armor?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
All twelve of them seems a bit excessive. Maybe just one character like Link (since Shovel Knight seemed to take some inspiration from Zelda 2) or Wario (given Shovel Knight's treasure hunting habits).
Honestly I think Link would be a perfect fit, and that's probably not my Zelda bias speaking. He wouldn't feel too out of place with the world, and his moveset would make for a very fun fight, I think.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think Link would be a perfect fit, and that's probably not my Zelda bias speaking. He wouldn't feel too out of place with the world, and his moveset would make for a very fun fight, I think.
Yeah, I could see It too.

More so if he takes some moves from Zelda 2.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It should be Samus purely because she also wears a full-body armor like pretty much everyone in the Shovel Knight.

D

Deleted member

It should be Samus purely because she also wears a full-body armor like pretty much everyone in the Shovel Knight.
Holy ****, I would love that.

Would be cool if she used her armory from Super Metroid and a few weapons from Prime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm glad I didn't watch. As far as I'm concerned. There was no direct. We just got a handfull of trailers on a handfull of youtube channels and twitters. Which is what should have happened in the first place. Then people would be all excited because "Holy **** SMTV" and not "the most dissapointing direct ever".

That was the Nintendo direct equivelent to going to a four star restaurant and being served a big mac.
McDonalds is a 6 star food joint
We can all at least agree that WWE game looks like crap, right?
BCBE51F5-BF33-4026-98FC-5DB8DCE40E94.gif
867B51FD-EB4D-4DB8-A343-6A555015DB20.gif
They should have put Mega Man in Ultra Street Fighter II....

Bad Box Art Mega Man.

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
Alright. I created my own TMNT Universe for the sake of it and most of the characters have written backstories on my laptop. I can share those too if you are interested.
Base Game
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Michelangelo
  • Splinter
  • Aprill O'Neil
  • Casey Jones
  • Leatherhead
  • Slash
  • Wingnut and Screwloose
  • Man Ray
  • Mondo Gecko
  • Mutagen Man
  • Bishop
  • Fugitoid
  • Mona Lisa
  • Hothead
  • Aska
  • Muckman
  • Nobody (IDW)
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Tokka
  • Rahzar
  • Fishface
  • Tiger Claw/Tatsu
  • Karai
  • Shredder
  • Hun
  • Baxter Stockman
  • Chrome Dome
  • Krang
  • Lord Dregg
  • Mozar
  • Armaggon
  • Madame Null
  • War (summons Death, Pestilence, and Famine as assists)
  • Rat King
  • Sisyphus
  • Super Shredder (also doubles as final boss)
DLC Season 1
  • Miyamoto Usagi
  • Jason Lee Scott/Red Ranger
  • Stainless Steel Steve
  • Renet
  • Venus de Milo
  • Ultimate Ninja
  • Kitsune
  • Dragon Lord
  • Alpoex
  • Ch'rell
DLC Season 2
  • Batman
  • The Ghostbusters (like how the TMNT were done in Injustice 2)
  • Marshall Moo Montana
  • Baron Draxum
  • Meat Sweats
  • Yaotl
  • Metalhead
  • Bloodsucker
  • Hattori Kinzō
  • Ace Duck
  • Old Hob
  • Viral
...depends on which Super Shredder is to be used (and if most of the designs would be from TMNT 2012...also Tiger Claw is there so yay
Nintendo has put out an official statement on the release schedules:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3653...tailed-statement-on-the-impact-the-pandemic-h
do you Nintendo...I got y’all
Looks like Kirby has something to say:
View attachment 279558
Kirby teaching people a less that should've been learned from Captain America and his perfect ass Ass

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...depends on which Super Shredder is to be used (and if most of the designs would be from TMNT 2012...also Tiger Claw is there so yay
It’s a new lore that is most heavily based off of the 2012 show as well as the IDW comics. But it is a brand new story. This is true for Super Shredder as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gurguit V series art looking fresh af

Think I'm gonna stick with this for now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Nintendo statement really doesn’t add up.

All the insiders were expecting big things and said how Mario wasn’t the only thing being planned. Presumably because again they’ve seen something of this statement like how they all without certainty knew the Grinch leak was fake because it seemed like they had actual Incenroar gameplay( and pirhana plant gameplay was apparently leaked to insiders).

So something tells me they have a really solid basis to go off of for their claims. So then if nothing is delayed how in the hell do we not know the next half of the year if there’s supposedly multiple projects releasing?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
This tweet has been making the rounds lately:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom