• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Could you do them all Hero style?

And why not the protagonist of the upcoming V?
You absolutely cannot.

The protagonists play nothing alike.

Demi Fiend is a fist fighter with magical capabilities

Flynn is a samurai who mainly uses katanas, daggers and blunt objects.

And I only excluded 5 since we know nothing about him yet, I can't make a call as to what they'd fight like.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You absolutely cannot.

The protagonists play nothing alike.

Demi Fiend is a fist fighter with magical capabilities

Flynn is a samurai who mainly uses katanas, daggers and blunt objects.

And I only excluded 5 since we know nothing about him yet, I can't make a call as to what they'd fight like.
Okay then.

I just think that promoting V and the remake would take a higher priority for Atlus then 4.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay then.

I just think that promoting V and the remake would take a higher priority for Atlus then 4.
Well, yeah, obviously. I just included 4 for the sake of it.

If we're getting an actual SMT rep, ignoring 5 for right now since we know nothing about it, it'd 100% come down to the "Cloud" of the series in Demi-Fiend, or the mascot of the company, Jack Frost.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, yeah, obviously. I just included 4 for the sake of it.

If we're getting an actual SMT rep, ignoring 5 for right now since we know nothing about it, it'd 100% come down to the "Cloud" of the series in Demi-Fiend, or the mascot of the company, Jack Frost.
Isn’t SMT about using demons like Pokémon? Why not have Demi-Feinstein’s summon Jack Frost?

Shroob

Sup?
Isn’t SMT about using demons like Pokémon? Why not have Demi-Feinstein’s summon Jack Frost?
Well, you could make an entire summoning gameplay-focused character, sure.

I'm way too tired right now but a character who summons others to fight for him is definitely a barely touched potential.

Shroob

Sup?
I was thinking a combination. Like Pokémon trainer mixed with Rosalina.
I'd be interesting.

If you want a full-on summoning character, I feel like Raidou would be your guy, the protagonist of the Devil Summoner series

1595301466993.png

Those capsules he has allow him to summon demons on demand for brief periods of time.

Also, he replaces Dante from the Devil May Cry series in the last version/the HD Remake of Nocturne as a bonus boss.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd be interesting.

If you want a full-on summoning character, I feel like Raidou would be your guy, the protagonist of the Devil Summoner series

View attachment 279529

Those capsules he has allow him to summon demons on demand for brief periods of time.

Also, he replaces Dante from the Devil May Cry series in the last version/the HD Remake of Nocturne as a bonus boss.
Oh. That’s cool.

Crap does that mean Dante isn’t going to be in the upcoming Switch version?

Shroob

Sup?
Oh. That’s cool.

Crap does that mean Dante isn’t going to be in the upcoming Switch version?
Nope, the game had 3 versions in Japan.

The og version

The version with Dante

The version with Raidou

They're building the HD version off the Raidou version, probably because the license expired, but also because that was the 'best' version iirc, since it fixed some bugs and a few added things/balance tweaks.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A part of me wants Atlus to create a sequel meme where they put Bayonetta in SMT5 as a callback to Dante in SMT3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope, the game had 3 versions in Japan.

The og version

The version with Dante

The version with Raidou

They're building the HD version off the Raidou version, probably because the license expired, but also because that was the 'best' version iirc, since it fixed some bugs and a few added things/balance tweaks.
That’s sad. I mean, they could always pay another license. Having Dante back could be a huge selling point.

Shroob

Sup?
That’s sad. I mean, they could always pay another license. Having Dante back could be a huge selling point.
I think you ought to give the game a try when it comes out.

Dunno if you'd like it since it's a turn based rpg, and it's known for kicking your teeth in in terms of difficulty... but

They're actually adding an easy mode in the HD version.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think you ought to give the game a try when it comes out.

Dunno if you'd like it since it's a turn based rpg, and it's known for kicking your teeth in in terms of difficulty... but

They're actually adding an easy mode in the HD version.
I might... I mean... easy mode. Depends on how much it costs.

Shroob

Sup?
I might... I mean... easy mode. Depends on how much it costs.
The only thing I dunno you'd like outside the turn-based combat is the fact that the game's pretty dark

But hey, you like feeling like a badass, right? What's more badass than crushing gods and demons from various countries and religions and forcing them to serve you?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only thing I dunno you'd like outside the turn-based combat is the fact that the game's pretty dark

But hey, you like feeling like a badass, right? What's more badass than crushing gods and demons from various countries and religions and forcing them to serve you?
Killing them and absorbing their souls so that their powers become yours.

More RPGs should offer a choice between active battles and turn based battles.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Killing them and absorbing their souls so that their powers become yours.
:073: Well that's kinda a bit how the skill system works.

You unlock items called Magatamas that you equip, and as you fight battles, they gain exp and unlock skills. You're encouraged to mix and match by finding, leveling up and using multiple to vary your skillset.

Also, because every demon can reach max level and stats, you can pretty much use your favorites all the way through, albeit, weaker demons will require a lot more exp to level higher.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:073: Well that's kinda a bit how the skill system works.

You unlock items called Magatamas that you equip, and as you fight battles, they gain exp and unlock skills. You're encouraged to mix and match by finding, leveling up and using multiple to vary your skillset.

Also, because every demon can reach max level and stats, you can pretty much use your favorites all the way through, albeit, weaker demons will require a lot more exp to level higher.
Hmmm...

I might not be smart enough for that.

Like, I literally can’t even read your post without zoning out in the middle.

Shroob

Sup?
Hmmm...

I might not be smart enough for that.

Like, I literally can’t even read your post without zoning out in the middle.
Don't worry about it too much.

Think of it as just equipment that adds new skills to your movepool, and the more you use the equipment, the more skills they unlock.

You're encouraged to play the game however you want, so it's not like the game forces you to swap between them much.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don't worry about it too much.

Think of it as just equipment that adds new skills to your movepool, and the more you use the equipment, the more skills they unlock.

You're encouraged to play the game however you want, so it's not like the game forces you to swap between them much.
Ok. I’ll take that into account.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Probably not the best place to ask, but I can’t find anything online so I might as well see if anybody knows.
It’s about Portal 2’s glitch with being unable to gesture at the beginning of co-op.
-I don’t have a controller plugged in
-Controller is disabled in settings.
-All of my controls are default.
-It’s not that it won’t let me select one. If I click the button to do it, it gives me an icon that’s essentially saying “you can’t gesture right here” even though I am required to.
I found people talking about this issue 4 years ago and it’s still a thing. How tf has valve not fixed this?

Shroob

Sup?
Probably not the best place to ask, but I can’t find anything online so I might as well see if anybody knows.
It’s about Portal 2’s glitch with being unable to gesture at the beginning of co-op.
-I don’t have a controller plugged in
-Controller is disabled in settings.
-All of my controls are default.
-It’s not that it won’t let me select one. If I click the button to do it, it gives me an icon that’s essentially saying “you can’t gesture right here” even though I am required to.
I found people talking about this issue 4 years ago and it’s still a thing. How tf has valve not fixed this?
It's VALVe

You get used to it.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I have yet to encounter a game from valve where half of the game isn’t even playable
Play TF2

Walk out of spawn

Get headshot by a Sniper looking at the sky, spinning in place, spamming "NICE SHOT!"

If it's not DOTA2 or CS:GO, you're lucky to get bug fixes once a month.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Play TF2

Walk out of spawn

Get headshot by a Sniper looking at the sky, spinning in place, spamming "NICE SHOT!"

If it's not DOTA2 or CS:GO, you're lucky to get bug fixes once a month.
I understand you’re joking, but the game is still playable in comparison.
And we definitely are lucky to get a bug fix once a month, but you’d think in 4 years a prominent bug which prevents you from playing one half of the game (and literally the part of the game most used in marketing) would be fixed.

Shroob

Sup?
I understand you’re joking, but the game is still playable in comparison.
And we definitely are lucky to get a bug fix once a month, but you’d think in 4 years a prominent bug which prevents you from playing one half of the game (and literally the part of the game most used in marketing) would be fixed.
Honestly, co-op in Portal2 feels like they made it more as a side project.

I ****ing loved it when I played, but that's also the danger of VALVe. The way they work, where it's 'work on whatever the **** you feel like', means that old **** gets forgotten about.

And that's sad. I feel like they coulda done a lot more with it... but the same could be said about most of their IPs.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Honestly, co-op in Portal2 feels like they made it more as a side project.

I ****ing loved it when I played, but that's also the danger of VALVe. The way they work, where it's 'work on whatever the **** you feel like', means that old **** gets forgotten about.

And that's sad. I feel like they coulda done a lot more with it... but the same could be said about most of their IPs.
I agree entirely. I mean, it’s not as bad as you say, at least not for Portal 2. It’s last update was 5 days ago.
And yeah, it definitely feels like a side project, but it was still the main marketing technique. Most likely because it’s something newer compared to the original storyline, but that doesn’t make it any different.
And yeah, Valve has made some great games which just don’t get any appreciation from them whatsoever.
Although Half Life seems to be getting some special treatment, so who knows. Maybe they got tired of thinking of new stuff and just decided to take the successful stuff and expand on it.
Nah, that’s just me dreaming. Although honestly that is something they should be doing. Portal 2 is still the highest rated game on Steam, so they know people like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom