• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ok, so like, what in the world happened with Sticker Star?

Like, I knew it was the worst one in the series, but playing Origami King made me realize how much of a step down SS was in comparison to the rest of the franchise.

Like, Luigi and Bowser didn't even talk in that game for some reason, what was up with that? They never explained that, and it still baffles me to this day.
They were told not to make the same thing as past games and for it to be a new thing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah I might go to bed. Got a phone call tomorrow.

Got another good bit of my story and Ghost of Tsushima in me so theirs that.

Well goodnight ladies and gentlemen.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, they were told to do something different, not to take away pretty much everything the Paper Mario series was known for.

I'm not really mad at SS anymore because it's 2020, I'm just... confused now.
Yeah, there probably some miscommunication in that meeting, miscommunication that continues to this very day as they deliberately make Paper Mario games to annoy fans of the older ones.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok, so like, what in the world happened with Sticker Star?

Like, I knew it was the worst one in the series, but playing Origami King made me realize how much of a step down SS was in comparison to the rest of the franchise.

Like, Luigi and Bowser didn't even talk in that game for some reason, what was up with that? They never explained that, and it still baffles me to this day.
Bad direction from a Miyamoto fanboy who took his advice and game philosophy way too much to heart and tried to pass off criticism as by saying he “made a game for 7-10 year olds.”

I'm not really mad at SS anymore because it's 2020, I'm just... confused now.
I’m mad because it was one of the worst game experiences of my life and there are problems that extend further than it straying from what the games were before.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I think the worst part about Origami King is that they probably aren't gonna stick with the style of that game, and instead completely switch up Paper Mario, which is a real shame because many people are considering it to be up there with the OG trilogy (some may say it's Paper Mario 4).

I really just don't want them to start all over when the flame is starting to burn once more.

Shroob

Sup?
I love how Atlus absolutely knows what they're doing by putting this ****** in the trailer.

1595293303640.png

The ****ing "Git gud" boss that unapologetically kicks your teeth in, and is the bane of many a new player's first run.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If you've seen those posts going around saying Nintendo Fans review-bombed the Shin Megami Tensei games over today's Direct, it's a total lie

The reviewbomb happened two years ago, people are just pinning it on Nintendo fans today for free clout

Here's proof

There was a problem fetching the tweet

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So the SMT thing made me think: do you guys think we may get a Persona Game on Switch now that Atlus is showing up?

Like, tbh, I highly doubt we'll get a new Persona game on Switch, but maybe, MAYBE... Persona 1.

Shroob

Sup?
So the SMT thing made me think: do you guys think we may get a Persona Game on Switch now that Atlus is showing up?

Like, tbh, I highly doubt we'll get a new Persona game on Switch, but maybe, MAYBE... Persona 1.
I kinda doubt it.

Aside from Nocturne until now, SMT itself has been a pretty Nintendo-focused franchise. Now with Nocturne, iirc, all its main entries are on a Nintendo console.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I kinda doubt it.

Aside from Nocturne until now, SMT itself has been a pretty Nintendo-focused franchise. Now with Nocturne, iirc, all its main entries are on a Nintendo console.
You know, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Persona 5 fans to give Atlus their support and buy SMT on Switch so it can better their chances of getting a Persona game on Switch.

Something tells me that's not gonna happen though. Not the Persona on Switch, but the Persona 5 fans buying SMT.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Persona 5 fans to give Atlus their support and buy SMT on Switch so it can better their chances of getting a Persona game on Switch.

Something tells me that's not gonna happen though. Not the Persona on Switch, but the Persona 5 fans buying SMT.
Yep.

Nocturne is infamous for how hard it is lol. They're adding an easy mode, but I'm jumping in headfirst into a Hard Mode run for the full experience.

There are 3 major points of difficulty for Nocturne that scare away casuals:

1# You can deadass die in the tutorial, the game does NOT hold your hand despite it being a tutorial

2# Matador up above is an infamous newbie stomper. He comes out of nowhere and just destroys unprepared players who don't understand how good buffs and debuffs are

3#

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Here's a question for you all, what are your general opinions in regards to the chances of us getting an SMT character in FP Vol 2.?

Plus, the idea of two new third-party series from the same company getting into Smash together isn't unheard of, Mega Man and Street Fighter both debuted in Smash 4 after all.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We do have a Persona game on switch, it just hasn't been localized yet.
495829-709596.jpg

The game is labeled as Persona 5 2 in some of the marketing so it is mainline. Like how there's 2 Persona 2's.

lol, Atlus always forgets they made that one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's a question for you all, what are your general opinions in regards to the chances of us getting an SMT character in FP Vol 2.?

Plus, the idea of two new third-party series from the same company getting into Smash together isn't unheard of, Mega Man and Street Fighter both debuted in Smash 4 after all.
I don't think so, I think SEGA would have other priorities for the next smash character. But who knows... maybe. Did SMTV's trailer give us an actual protagonist?

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think so, I think SEGA would have other priorities for the next smash character. But who knows... maybe. Did SMTV's trailer give us an actual protagonist?
1595295696318.png

He's the protagonist.

And if nothing else, Demi-Fiend is the MC of Nocturne, which most fans agree is the best game in the series.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Slowly moving from going to bed at 11 PM back to 10 PM like I should be doing.

Staying up later for Sakurai's pic of the day isn't really worth it.

KillerCage

Smash Master
started up Wonderful 101 before bed.... man these drawing controls are annoying
Once you purchase the Speed Liner (which speeds up the Wonder Liner) and Wonder Guts, I know you will have more fun with the game.
Be warned though: the Wonderful 101 is somewhat tough if you are playing on normal difficulty.

Shroob

Sup?
Is he a character or is he just an avatar?
No idea.

Define what you mean.

Every SMT protagonist serves both functions, they're you're avatar, but they exist in the main world as an established character. They also have canon names and motivations, and sometimes even appear in other games under their canon names in speaking roles, for example, the protagonist of 2 appears in 3, the protagonist of 4 appears in 4A, etc.

They're avatars, but they're also characters.

Shroob

Sup?
Really though, if you're going to the well of Shin Megami reps, I feel like there's 3 choices.

1: Demi Fiend, the protagonist of Nocturne, widely regarded as the best game in the series, and getting the HD Remaster treatment.

2: Flynn, the protagonist of 4, which was the return of the main series after a long, LONG hiatus outside of spin-offs like Persona or Strange Journey

3: Jack Frost. He's the company's mascot and probably one of the most iconic demon designs. I'm surprised he didn't appear ANYWHERE with Joker, not even a spirit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Really though, if you're going to the well of Shin Megami reps, I feel like there's 3 choices.

1: Demi Fiend, the protagonist of Nocturne, widely regarded as the best game in the series, and getting the HD Remaster treatment.

2: Flynn, the protagonist of 4, which was the return of the main series after a long, LONG hiatus outside of spin-offs like Persona or Strange Journey

3: Jack Frost. He's the company's mascot and probably one of the most iconic demon designs. I'm surprised he didn't appear ANYWHERE with Joker, not even a spirit.
Could you do them all Hero style?

And why not the protagonist of the upcoming V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom