• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Bloody hell Ladies and Gentlemen.

The ride of the Smash community seeing **** go down creek in the leak leagues and the majors of eSport stink ain't stopping!

And a lot of us are getting a seat to watch it. Although preferably, I prefer sitting in the back. That way I'll get to see the whole picture!
So for the "actors" in deep in the **** I gotta say, you really have ****ed it. Just don't throw it this way.

Now I could continue this but myself good old Dutch/Irepan just remembered something really important he had to do. So he of the same time zone as his good friend JD is gonna go to bed. Or at least as it seems like my brother is still talking to my damn Floridan cousin. Which funnily enough because of his idiot comment about "You shouldn't cry at cartoons cause their drawings" I was actually gonna rant on about........ but I forgot and worked on my story and talked on here.

So yeah I guess this is my cue. Hopefully us all talking this will lead to something better like more closeness of friends and all.

Anyways good night friends. It's 5am. Not sounding very Sabery but hey I was trying to write this in a George Carlin voice. Like damn, talk about 1 or 100.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
One last post because I want to lighten the mood, here:

This month has sucked. Wholesome and cute things can, if nothing else, lift spirits. It tends to work for me, so might as well keep it up here.

Sometimes we just need nice things in our lives to balance out all the bad.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

This month has sucked. Wholesome and cute things can, if nothing else, lift spirits. It tends to work for me, so might as well keep it up here.

I love vulpix <3

I think I balance things pretty decently. I watch people play games and have fun on youtube or twitch, so that helps :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, looks like Nier: Automata won the vote in my description poll. But that hasn't come in the mail yet so... Punch-Out!! Wii it is! Would like for people to keep voting just to decide on the continued order though.... I'll make a new poll with Nier and Punch-Out removed.

Shroob

Sup?
So, looks like Nier: Automata won the vote in my description poll. But that hasn't come in the mail yet so... Punch-Out!! Wii it is! Would like for people to keep voting just to decide on the continued order though.... I'll make a new poll with Nier and Punch-Out removed.
You can beat Punch Out Wii in like, 3 hours if you're new, less if you're experienced. You could play the whole game multiple times in one day lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love vulpix <3

I think I balance things pretty decently. I watch people play games and have fun on youtube or twitch, so that helps :)
Yeah, stuff like that helps. Sometimes it just amounts to escapism for me, but even that helps me on really rotten or long days.

Vulpix is one of my favorites as well, especially it's Alolan form. It's cute enough in the games, but Lillie's utterly precious Alolan Vulpix from the anime (Snowy) and the bond they share just won me over.

How can one not like this Pokemon?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

<3 Cute Pokemon stuff is always SUPER EFFECTING when it comes to lighting up moods.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As a trans woman and a fan of P5..... I love this a whole damn lot and wish that it actually meant he would have a change of heart.
The card was pretty creative ngl.
I take it back, can Persona return being niche?
Joker in Smash was a mistake.

Side Note, I wonder why Persona got the big "Smash Boost", and not any other DLC franchise.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Side Note, I wonder why Persona got the big "Smash Boost", and not any other DLC franchise.
-Hero was not only a promotional pick (which ironically doesn’t tend to help for sales with the game, due to how forced they seem) and was argued over constantly in the competitive scene.
-Banjo and Kazooie doesn’t really have any new games to promote
-Terry is in a similar situation to Banjo, but he’s better off. Honestly, he may have not gotten a big smash boost, but he got me into it enough to get 2 games on Steam. It’s not like I’m the only one, right?
-Byleth was also a promotional pick, but not as promotional as Hero. Plus it was a Nintendo franchise and a unique character, which would intrigue most people. So honestly, if I had to make a list for which series got the most of a boost from smash, it would be
1. Persona (duh)
2. Three Houses
3. Fatal Fury
4. Dragon Quest
5. Banjo and Kazooie
Anyways, most of this is my opinion. I may be entirely wrong in some of what I said.

If you think Persona fans relating everything to Persona is bad, just wait for Phoenix Wright

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember some peoples trying out SNK (Especially Fatal Fury & KoF) games before & after Terry release, so while it's not much, it did bring more attention to SNK as a company.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember some peoples trying out SNK (Especially Fatal Fury & KoF) games before & after Terry release, so while it's not much, it did bring more attention to SNK as a company.
I saw a lot of people getting into old DQ games, too. ARMS and Three Houses also got a boost.

-Banjo and Kazooie doesn’t really have any new games to promote
I still find it funny how Banjo is the only DLC character without a game on Switch.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Can't I just enjoy something in peace, why does every fandom I join suddenly become toxic less than half a year after I join it
Just seemed like an interesting way to protest to me. But anything getting popular has more chance to get.. you know, affected by how people can be XD

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can't I just enjoy something in peace, why does every fandom I join suddenly become toxic less than half a year after I join it
Tbf, P5 fandom was already a lot less chill than the fanbases of the previous games. Joke's addition in Smash mostly just made its faults more appearent.

It's still not that bad if you can avoid the drama.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tbf, P5 fandom was already a lot less chill than the fanbases of the previous games. Joke's addition in Smash mostly just made its faults more appearent.

It's still not that bad if you can avoid the drama.
Really? I guess i wouldnt know, Im a fan of persona but never delved in the community for it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That just comes with the territory of every mainstream series.

Once a fandom gets big enough it draws in freaks who in turn wreck things for rational fans.

On that note I'm glad I'm a Digimon fan because Digimon is a series that while not being niche it's not mainstream either, its stuck in a state of just kinda being close to mainstream but not mainstream enough to bring in cringy fans.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really? I guess i wouldnt know, Im a fan of persona but never delved in the community for it.
I mean, you had waifu wars, heated debates over the traitor, almost entire playable party dividing the fans in one way or another, fans of the previous games not being happy with the story, fans getting carried away about the themes, political correctness problems about certain scenes...

Again, the majority of the fans are super nice people and there are a lot of wholesome content but sometimes it can be exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom