• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey, I need some opinions.
Obviously, Persona 4 is on PC.
I want to play Persona 3, but obviously, it isn’t on PC.
Do I get Persona 4 right now so I have something to do, in case it takes a while for P3 to get to PC (if it even does), or wait in case P3 for PC is right around the corner?
You should play Persona 4 anyways.

I feel It is a really good game, more so the Golden edition.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hi people, how's it going?
Nothing much. Just been learning a bit more on how to draw online and watching Disney+.

Just managed to finish watching the second season of Agent Carter and I felt they really did leave the ending in a cliffhanger where a mysterious person shot Jack Thompson and took Agent Carter's file. I'm actually quite curious to why they did not do a third season of the show? Anyways, now that I at least watched both seasons, I guess it will be interesting to see what role Agent Daniel Sousa plays in Agents of SHIELD.

In addition, I've been watching a lot of different shows on Disney+ such as watching the interesting documentary series of Into the Unknown: Making of Frozen 2 as well as the Suite Life of Zack and Cody and there is this one part that really cracks me up when Mr. Moseby tries to teach London how to drive especially where he asked what radio channel she wants whether is "AM or FUME!":

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do I get Persona 4 right now so I have something to do, in case it takes a while for P3 to get to PC (if it even does), or wait in case P3 for PC is right around the corner?
I'd say go for P4G.

There's no guarantee that P3 will come to PC in the near future, especially if we're talking about the Portable version.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Beat the first boss in rehydrated
Robot Sandy is so much more scary looking in this version lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Despite all the games taking place in the same universe none of them are connected storywise so you'll be fine just playing persona 4 first.

Its kinda like Power rangers or Jojo where each entry is pretty much its own stand alone thing.

I'm kinda hoping we get modern ports of the Persona fighting games, the plots in those actually kinda feel like an old school power rangers team up episode.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
You should play Persona 4 anyways.

I feel It is a really good game, more so the Golden edition.
Sorry for not replying, completely forgot I asked here too.
That’s what most people I asked said, and I feel it’s the right choice. Thanks!
I'd say go for P4G.

There's no guarantee that P3 will come to PC in the near future, especially if we're talking about the Portable version.
Fair enough. I’m still gonna keep my hopes up that it will come eventually, though.
Despite all the games taking place in the same universe none of them are connected storywise so you'll be fine just playing persona 4 first.

Its kinda like Power rangers or Jojo where each entry is pretty much its own stand alone thing.

I'm kinda hoping we get modern ports of the Persona fighting games, the plots in those actually kinda feel like an old school power rangers team up episode.
Don’t worry, I already know. I was just wondering whether or not it was worth the time.
And you mean Persona 4 Arena, right? I’ve never played it, if that wasn’t obvious. Technically the only Persona fighting game I’ve played is Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, which was fun. But I don’t know the plot of the actual P4A game.

D

Deleted member

You can play them in any order as the stories are self contained. At most you'll be missing out on some references to older games, but nothing major. Though the older games (pre P3) can give some more insight into the overall universe. Like, I don't remember any of the modern games ever mentioning Philemon by name, despite arguably being one of the most important people in the franchise.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nothing much. Just been learning a bit more on how to draw online and watching Disney+.

Just managed to finish watching the second season of Agent Carter and I felt they really did leave the ending in a climax where a mysterious person shot Jack Thompson and took Agent Carter's file. I'm actually quite curious to why they did not do a third season of the show? Anyways, now that I at least watched both seasons, I guess it will be interesting to see what role Agent Daniel Sousa plays in Agents of SHIELD.

In addition, I've been watching a lot of different shows on Disney+ such as watching the interesting documentary series of Into the Unknown: Making of Frozen 2 as well as the Suite Life of Zack and Cody and there is this one part that really cracks me up when Mr. Moseby tries to teach London how to drive especially where he asked what radio channel she wants whether is "AM or FUME!":

I prefer the distorted version.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
You can play them in any order as the stories are self contained. At most you'll be missing out on some references to older games, but nothing major. Though the older games (pre P3) can give some more insight into the overall universe. Like, I don't remember any of the modern games ever mentioning Philemon by name, despite arguably being one of the most important people in the franchise.
No, no, you don’t understand. I’m not worried about the order of the game. In fact, I have at least a general idea of what happens in each game if we aren’t including Persona 4. It’s the only one I haven’t really gotten into.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Its a good thing Japanese writers understand that "gay" isn't a personality and shouldn't be treated as the selling point of a series.
No, western writers get it too, it's just that they get written off as pandering for daring to not exclusively feature heteros. And as already mentioned, Japan does the same thing you just criticized western writers for

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing Pokemon Sword
>fighting a raid battle against Golduck with Eternatus
>chooses Dynamax Cannon, and goes to the bathroom
>comes back
>we lost

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, no, you don’t understand. I’m not worried about the order of the game. In fact, I have at least a general idea of what happens in each game if we aren’t including Persona 4. It’s the only one I haven’t really gotten into.
Oh, well, in that case, I say go for it. P4G is a really good game. One of the few games I imported on the Vita because NISA was taking months to release it here in the EU, despite staying English only anyway. Also the first game I ever bothered to get a platinum trophy in. Granted, I'm a bit iffy on the PC version due to Denuvo, but if it doesn't matter to you, then 100% go for it. Also Adachi-baby.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My two biggest initial thoughts about Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.

One: They really couldn't have Clancy Brown do Mr. Krabs's voice in this? Wow.

Two: This game needs a run button.

D

Deleted member

After literally a whole year someone finally remembered me at Discord for good stuff and not bad stuff

20200628_193519.jpg

20200628_193550.jpg

20200628_193610.jpg

20200628_193635.jpg

Legit happy it finally happened.

Someone acknowledging the effort I had put supporting the DQ8 Hero back then.

Edit: Laia in the screenshots is me (since It is the name of the character in my Smashboards/Discord pfp).

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

He wasn't the voice in the original game, either, nor was there a run button. That's kind of the struggle with this being a remake of a game people have a lot of nostalgia for. How much do you change, how much do you keep the same? And it seems they went for the latter in most areas, which preserves the original experience, just with a facelift, for better and for worse.

It's one of those all-too-common "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. Either they keep things the same and people complain that it's not improved/refined enough, or they change it and people complain that it's not true to the original. A very fine line to walk.

EDIT: I feel like a run button would require retuning the game in a variety of ways, so as convenient as that would be, it's understandable they didn't do it. I don't think it would've been impossible for them to get Clancy Brown to come redo the lines for Mr. Krabs, though, but who knows what legal/licensing issues might've been involved with that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
He wasn't the voice in the original game, either, nor was there a run button. That's kind of the struggle with this being a remake of a game people have a lot of nostalgia for. How much do you change, how much do you keep the same? And it seems they went for the latter in most areas, which preserves the original experience, just with a facelift, for better and for worse.

It's one of those all-too-common "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. Either they keep things the same and people complain that it's not improved/refined enough, or they change it and people complain that it's not true to the original. A very fine line to walk.
Tbf, I don't think anyone was asking for Discount Krab's Voice to come back.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Are there seriously people out there that would complain about either of those two improvements?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Oh, well, in that case, I say go for it. P4G is a really good game. One of the few games I imported on the Vita because NISA was taking months to release it here in the EU, despite staying English only anyway. Also the first game I ever bothered to get a platinum trophy in. Granted, I'm a bit iffy on the PC version due to Denuvo, but if it doesn't matter to you, then 100% go for it. Also Adachi-baby.
Alright. That’s definitely what I’m going to do now.
I’ll have to wait to burn my dread, Atlus better be quick.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

I'm pretty sure they couldn't get Clancy Brown because he's a union actor and Battle For Bikini Bottom is a non-union project or something along those lines.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So is Tom Kenny. And Bill Faggerbakke. And every other SpongeBob Voice Actor.
I am merely quoting the explanation I've seen posted on reviews I've seen regarding the game. I don't really know the real reason, but that seemed to be the general consensus based on what I could find. The only other explanation I've seen is Clancy Brown is expensive to hire.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am merely quoting the explanation I've seen posted on reviews I've seen regarding the game. I don't really know the real reason, but that seemed to be the general consensus based on what I could find. The only other explanation I've seen is Clancy Brown is expensive to hire.
It was Nick's decision not to have Clancy Brown. Why is unknown.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Persona 3, they really need to remake that game, as unlike 4 and 5, it doesn't have a definitive version. I doubt it'll ever happen, but it would be nice to see the best of both, FES and P3P merged into a single game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I don't believe Clancy was in the original BfBB, either.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, we live in a post Sonic movie/snyder cut world. Maybe Nick will shell out some cash and update it if enough people *****.
It seems possible - the latest My Hero Academia game added an entire English dub through an update, so it's not unprecedented.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sup guys. I just had came back from an day hike at one of the provincial parks with my dad, brother and sister-in-law. What's currently happening?

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I would say play Persona 4 on PC. While, I have not played it I've heard great things out of it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sup guys. I just had came back from an day hike at one of the provincial parks with my dad, brother and sister-in-law. What's currently happening?
Been annoyed with my post burying the past day but feeling better now.

Talking to a few of you guys and doing story research.

What was the walk like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom