• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Congrats on your trip around the Sun (within a virtual context)!

Indeed, I was watching a bajillion reaction videos that day, and almost all of the Japanese reactions I saw they would say that when his silhouette popped up. Warmed my heart.

Then I saw a Resetera thread using that term in the title and all the comments mocking it. Then I lost faith in humanity again.

(but temporarily, Sakurai and the reactions have permanently restored it, it'll just be temporary lapses when some really stupid **** happens)
Well I get the hate though. It would be like calling Smash Bros., Sumabura cause Japan. It’s like how I will tear into someone (and I have) for trying to be cute and saying some **** like “Watashi wa Hungry desu” or “Gomen I’m sorry!” I hate that crap and I’ll shut it down - especially when I hear it when I am actually tutoring or teaching Japanese to people.

From a Japanese linguistic view, it’s cute they abbreviated it and goes in line with how they abbreviate tons of things (Sumahon - smartphone, Dokutaheri - hospital emergency helicopter, pureisutei - PlayStation). But a non-Japanese to use it while speaking in English in a way that’s not exactly bridging the gap between languages in an effort to be cute or funny, to me, doesn’t really work.

“I like BanKazu” just seems awkward to me.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
It's official, i've been here for 1 year!

365 days!...

A full orbital cycle!........

...Jesus Christ what am I doing with my time?

View attachment 228494

Maybe it's time I took a vacation, stopped spending my days on message boards for the time being and tried to focus on me? Stopped trying to make everyone else happy and try to be happy myself?

I think i'm gonna take a little "me" time

View attachment 228491
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 228493

Either way, you've been a wonderful audience ladies and gentledorks, thanks for having me!

Until next time!

View attachment 228487
Geez I haven't known you for very long but you're a real stand out user and person Noipoi you're a really cool person and I'll miss you dude. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, Sayonara my friend.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sept., 17th, my account will be 8 years old.
Come July mine will be 5 years old.

Interesting fact: I took a break from the site before the final Smash Presentation in 2015.

I came back once Ultimate was teased.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Interesting fact: I took a break from the site before the final Smash Presentation in 2015.

pretty much same

but i'll probably leave again once i got a life to live with free education bucks

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Come July, mine will be be 12 years old. Back then, we had to rig up the dinosaur to the power generator to get POL (Prehistoric Online) to start up. It took nearly a lifetime as our power lines were plagued by pterodactyls and the sort trying to perch on them. And the occasional saber tooth tiger or raptor waiting to pounce on you as your back was turned while facing the rock slab computer in front of you.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if this happened if :ultincineroar: attempted this move in-game
Anti-suplex measures.
I don't know, looking how much Banjo does it, you'd think Kazooie enjoys getting slammed around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Come July, mine will be be 12 years old. Back then, we had to rig up the dinosaur to the power generator to get POL (Prehistoric Online) to start up. It took nearly a lifetime as our power lines were plagued by pterodactyls and the sort trying to perch on them. And the occasional saber tooth tiger or raptor waiting to pounce on you as your back was turned while facing the rock slab computer in front of you.
no one can beat Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth though

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A to the Z can. He is the Big Bang of the Boards.

Well I’ll be,... I guess Chinder has AZ beat. And here I thought that wasn’t the case.

I imagine using the internet back then was akin to swimming through the primordial sea whilst trying to connect a trilobite up to an electric current to secure a stable connection.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The older your account is, the deeper into madness you've descended.

Chinder stopped thinking after awhile and can now only post moderation and quest 64.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I was to post about stuff that I am truly in to and I mean truly, it would probably consist of the following: Lord of the Rings, gardening and horticulture, aquariums and fish keeping, and football. But I don’t...cause this is a gaming site and no one gives a **** about those things with maybe the exception of number 1.

Which leads me to ask, what is everyone’s hobbies and/or interests outside of gaming?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

365 days!...

View attachment 228494

Maybe it's time I took a vacation, stopped spending my days on message boards for the time being and tried to focus on me? Stopped trying to make everyone else happy and try to be happy myself?

View attachment 228491
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 228493

Either way, you've been a wonderful audience ladies and gentledorks, thanks for having me!

Until next time!

View attachment 228487
Happy one year anniversary!
It has been a good ride with you!

MainJPW

M.T.A

I turn 5 in September.

I took long breaks throughout 2016 and 2017. Didn’t start frequenting again ‘till SXSW 2018 because I had to come here and freak out about the announcement of Sonic Mania Plus and the shocking reveal of Mighty and Ray being brought back from the dead.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

365 days!...

View attachment 228494

View attachment 228491
View attachment 228493

Until next time!

View attachment 228487
Congrat man!

Tho, how long I been on this forum-

4 years
oof.gif

Well, no wonder I haven't got any chick yet.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I was to post about stuff that I am truly in to and I mean truly, it would probably consist of the following: Lord of the Rings, gardening and horticulture, aquariums and fish keeping, and football. But I don’t...cause this is a gaming site and no one gives a **** about those things with maybe the exception of number 1.

Which leads me to ask, what is everyone’s hobbies and/or interests outside of gaming?
Reading, mostly. Preferably sci-fi and fantasy classics but also comics. Big fan of Neil Gaiman and Ursula K. Le Guin. I like gardening and looking after my cats, or any cat. I enjoy drawing but I'm really bad at that. Also I try to learn new languages when I can.

So yeah, I do give a **** about gardening.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Speculative fiction, manga, Marvel sometimes...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
suddenly i have a nostalgic requirement of roblox back in the early days of late 2000s

i wonder how they've chang-

untitled.png

oh god we've gone from legos to lucky luciano

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
untitled.png

I'm surprised I still remember my old Roblox account. I ditched and made a bunch of new ones over the years but my first one was still back in '09. This one was made in 2012 I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom