• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I just can't stop with all these Lost Tapes ideas.

Lost Tapes: Almas
Summary: A young Canadian traveler hiking in the mountains of Caucasus discovers a very young and strange girl who seems completely lost, scared, wounded and hairy. These two new friends eventually start being hunted down by a group of corrupt Russian soldiers who want her for some reason but fortunately for them the hunting and combat methods of the young girls family members are maybe primitive but truly effective.

Lost Tapes: Banshee
Summary: Hearing about the rumors of paranormal and supernatural activity at an old abandoned Irish castle. An group of ghost hunters goes there to explore, after one of them gets hurt however, they immediately try to leave to rush and get medical help but something heard wailing bringing death soon begins to follow them.

Lost Tapes: Con Rit
Summary: Set during the Vietnam War, an war correspondent accompanying U.S. soldiers has more then their enemies to deal with as something lurks in the South China Sea, nothing unlike anything seen before as its all caught on video.

Lost Tapes: Grassman
Summary: When an couple of teenagers suddenly goes missing, an search and rescue team is put in to searching for them, as they venture deeper into the woods, they come upon strange hut like structures inhabited by something territorial and unwelcoming to visitors and seemingly responsible for the disappearances.

Lost Tapes: Gugwe
Summary: Returning from the championship finals. A bus carrying a high school football team gets an flat tire. As they all wait for the tire to be fixed, their survival is soon put to the test when they begin to hear strange noises sounding like the growls of something extremely aggressive and savage in the nearby woods.

Lost Tapes: Michigan Dogman
Summary: A guy and his friends along with his younger siblings who wanted to come along goes down to the local creek to hang out. As they all have an good time, what they at first notice is how quiet the area is soon the sounds of something very unfriendly and anything they've never seen before.

Lost Tapes: Nandi Bear
Summary: Big game hunters out trophy hunting in the African savanna finds their enjoyment interrupted and turned into survival when they find themselves being hunted by an predator unknown anything they've never seen before.

Lost Tapes: Piasa
Summary: An enthusiast obsessed with Native American culture searches for an rumored site said to possess ancient drawings and other wonders, his enthusiasm however turning into horror when he finds himself being hunted by an mythological winged predator.

Lost Tapes: Troll
Summary: Friends who had gone their separate ways decides to get together as a means of catching up on things and arranges an hike in the mountains of Norway, what begins as fun reunion turns into an fight of survival when they come upon an area where grotesque savage humanoids believed to only had existed in Nordic legends.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I had fun with Nuts and Bolts so...... I might look into them.
It’s a good concept but the execution was poor mostly due to the technology at the time and the physics being the most wonky of all time. I don’t think it was Rare’s fault I think the game as a whole is solid. My only BIG problem with it is that you have these huge, open, but rather empty, levels with only a few missions in each. Makes it seem like they planned to add more, maybe through DLC or updates, but just never did.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s a good concept but the execution was poor mostly due to the technology at the time and the physics being the most wonky of all time. I don’t think it was Rare’s fault I think the game as a whole is solid. My only BIG problem with it is that you have these huge, open, but rather empty, levels with only a few missions in each. Makes it seem like they planned to add more, maybe through DLC or updates, but just never did.
To be fair, the various races do take up pretty large areas.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Some slight positivity. The pig who murdered George Floyd has been arrested. Sure, he's had a history of murder and is claiming it was accidental despite blatantly being intentional, but there's a tiny step. Now we wait for the other 3 to be arrested for another tiny step
The murder of George Floyd has been hitting me hard today.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, are Hey Pikmin and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash actually bad games, or do people just hate them because of the Nuts and Bolts Effect?
I haven’t played either of them, but they definitely seem mediocre compared to the main games. Doesn’t help how Zip Lash’s poor sales caused Nintendo to be like “welp no more Chibi-Robo games my dudes, this game that’s nothing like the other ones that fans loved did poorly so now that little metal dude is going down in the basement with Giga Robo (we stole his life force!) for eternity” though I guess the game itself shouldn’t be judged for that.

I guess some spinoffs are typically mediocre, though, including some Mario spinoffs that ended up being seen as “nah” like a few Mario Party games.

I am personally kinda interested in Hey, Pikmin! though, but iirc I heard it has some frame drops/lag or whatever on a regular 3DS so it doesn’t sound very good for someone who doesn’t have the New 3DS :S

As for Nuts and Bolts, I love it too. I may prefer the characters’ original/Smash Bros. designs, and a bit of Banjo’s dialogue when talking to characters for missions seemed a bit too rude for him (though he’s still the nice guy in other parts so eh, honestly it was probably just one or two lines iirc), but it’s still a great game that I think just had unfortunate timing for why some fans hate it.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man I just can't stop with all these Lost Tapes ideas.

Lost Tapes: Almas
Summary: A young Canadian traveler hiking in the mountains of Caucasus discovers a very young and strange girl who seems completely lost, scared, wounded and hairy. These two new friends eventually start being hunted down by a group of corrupt Russian soldiers who want her for some reason but fortunately for them the hunting and combat methods of the young girls family members are maybe primitive but truly effective.

Lost Tapes: Banshee
Summary: Hearing about the rumors of paranormal and supernatural activity at an old abandoned Irish castle. An group of ghost hunters goes there to explore, after one of them gets hurt however, they immediately try to leave to rush and get medical help but something heard wailing bringing death soon begins to follow them.

Lost Tapes: Con Rit
Summary: Set during the Vietnam War, an war correspondent accompanying U.S. soldiers has more then their enemies to deal with as something lurks in the South China Sea, nothing unlike anything seen before as its all caught on video.

Lost Tapes: Grassman
Summary: When an couple of teenagers suddenly goes missing, an search and rescue team is put in to searching for them, as they venture deeper into the woods, they come upon strange hut like structures inhabited by something territorial and unwelcoming to visitors and seemingly responsible for the disappearances.

Lost Tapes: Gugwe
Summary: Returning from the championship finals. A bus carrying a high school football team is suffers an flat tire. As they all wait for the tire to be fixed, their survival is soon put to the test when they begin to hear strange noises sounding like the growls of something extremely aggressive and savage in the nearby woods.

Lost Tapes: Michigan Dogman
Summary: A guy and his friends along with his younger siblings who wanted to come along goes down to the local creek to hang out. As they all have an good time, what they at first notice is how quiet the area is soon the sounds of something very unfriendly and anything they've never seen before.

Lost Tapes: Nandi Bear
Summary: Big game hunters out trophy hunting in the African Savannah finds their enjoyment interrupted and turned into survival when they find themselves being hunted by an predator unknown anything they've never seen before.

Lost Tapes: Piasa
Summary: An enthusiast obsessed with Native American culture searches for an rumored site said to possess ancient drawings and other wonders, his enthusiasm however turning into horror when he finds himself being hunted by an mythological winged predator.

Lost Tapes: Troll
Summary: Friends who had gone their separate ways decides to get together as a means of catching up on things and arranges an hike in the mountains of Norway, what begins as fun reunion turns into an fight of survival when they come upon an area where grotesque savage humanoids believed to only had existed in Nordic legends.
Seeing this takes me back! I remember avidly watching Lost Tapes back when I was younger.

I had quite a fascination for cryptids at the time and would often watch shows like that to catch a glimpse of what the cryptic looks like and learn about the information regarding it. Even came up with a few ideas for Lost Tapes episodes myself!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So PapaGenos gives his thoughts regarding Neku as possibility FP7.

Tansut's comment had nothing to do with Smash. The context of the original quote was in response to someone wanting a TWEWY sequel, and even ignoring that he clarified not too long ago that it wasn't related to Smash. This was jumping the gun and not taking the full picture behind the statement.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So PapaGenos gives his thoughts regarding Neku as possibility FP7.
This The World Ends with You thing is definitely not Smash DLC related.

And if nobody still hasn't been able to leak the fighter from ARMS, a one-game series with only 15 fighters to chose from, then I don't have faith in any other leaks {heck, it's almost like nobody has the desire to leak the ARMS rep).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seeing this takes me back! I remember avidly watching Lost Tapes back when I was younger.

I had quite a fascination for cryptids at the time and would often watch shows like that to catch a glimpse of what the cryptic looks like and learn about the information regarding it. Even came up with a few ideas for Lost Tapes episodes myself!
Nice to know I'm not the only one here. Thought I was the only member here who knew what Lost Tapes was. I really wish they continued with that show.

I've probably already thought over over 50 ideas.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So, are Hey Pikmin and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash actually bad games, or do people just hate them because of the Nuts and Bolts Effect?
None of these games serve as anything more than a quick cash grab for their franchise, as none of them focus on what people liked about their franchises. Not saying that trying something new is bad, but forcing an existing IP onto it to sell copies is pretty scummy/lazy.

Then there's the fact that none of them really innovate with the ideas they're using.

Oh, and for some reason Zip Lash makes you rely on an RNG to select levels for you to play like you're playing a board game and rolling a dice which uh, is really stupid.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Erureido Erureido

If you're interested.

Lost Tapes: Akhlut
Summary: An cultural anthropologist partakes in living among Inuits to learn more about their culture and past. When he joins two Inuits to hunt for seal, what starts off as an traditional hunt soon turns to survival when the superstitious Inuits senses the presence of an aquatic mythological predator.

Lost Tapes: Arica Monster
Summary: An group of friends driving through the Atacama Desert suddenly has their vehicle break down and as they hopefully wait for help and unsure what to do. That's the least of their worries when an ancient prehistoric predator begins to terrorize them.

Lost Tapes: Beast of Gevaudan
Summary: A couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway but it is soon interrupted when a large deadly beast begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Bogeyman
Summary: The Enigma Corporation is sent in to investigate on what a boys mother at first thought was her son constantly suffering from nightmares only to find out its something more terrifying and real then they realize.

Lost Tapes: Brosno Dragon
Summary: A wildlife photographer traveling the world visits Lake Brosno to get pictures of the wildlife but soon its a matter of survival when a gigantic monster from the lake comes after him.

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Premise: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for it to become a nightmare when a beast living in the lake thought to had only existed in the Aboriginals Dreamtime stories begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Burrunjor
Summary: An American couple alongside their Aboriginal tour guide showing them the wonders of Uluru find themselves being stalked by an ancient predator.

Lost Tapes: Champ
Summary: Fishermen catches more then they bargain for when they capture and kill an strange infant animal from the lake only to face the wrath of its angry mother bent out on killing them.

Lost Tapes: Cyclops
Summary: Newlyweds on their honeymoon joined by some of their friends to celebrate their marriage goes to Greece for vacation sailing through the Mediterranean Sea when suddenly their boat crashes and are stranded on an unknown island. While trying to contact help and find a way off, they find out something giant and anthropomorphous thought to had only existed in Greek Mythology lives on the island that doesn't take too kindly to intruders.

Lost Tapes: Dragon
Summary: An thrill-seeking rock climber who has been traveling the world climbs one of Europes mountains but as he climbs higher he comes upon an massive cave and curiously explores not knowing he's stumbled upon the lair of an large winged reptile thought to had only existed in myths and legends around the world.

Lost Tapes: Emela-Ntouka
Summary: After an series of unexplained deaths of elephants being found dead. African wildlife rangers goes in to investigate on what they presume to be caused by poachers but oddly enough, all the dead elephants still have their tusks intact and most strangely gored. Their search and investigation soon leading them to the true culprit. An highly territorial and ferocious horned beast that kills anything in sight that is feared by many tribes known as "The Elephant Killer".

Lost Tapes: Ennedi Tiger
Summary: When an African warlord escapes into the Ennedi Plateau. An group of Chad military troops are deployed into finding him only once they do all they find left are his remains having been killed by an unknown predator who soon turns onto them.

Lost Tapes: Ghoul
Summary: Upon the death of a famous rich man who has been buried with his money and riches. A group of grave robbers decide to take it all for themselves only to encounter a mysterious humanoid creature that has a craving for flesh.

Lost Tapes: Giant Rats
Summary: Upon the purchase and reopening of an warehouse to be renovated. An animal exterminator is hired to deal with the rats only for things to take a deadly turn when he encounters bigger versions of the vermin.

Lost Tapes: Gorgon
Summary: Archaeologists studying ancient Greece culture and myths at an necropolis finds themselves they are not alone when one of their team goes missing and comes upon an lifelike statue that resembles him. Confused and terrified, they attempt to leave but that proves to be impossible as an snake-haired being from Greek Mythology itself won't let them.

Lost Tapes: Grey Alien
Summary: Two friends driving back home from work after a long night are suddenly abducted by mysterious beings with the intention of doing various tests on them. Luckily for them they manage to break themselves free but must still find a way to escape.

Lost Tapes: Griffin
Summary: A group of treasure hunters in Mongolia searching for lost ancient and valuable treasure finds it being guarded by a creature thought to had only existed Greek, Egyptian and Persian legends.

Lost Tapes: Grootslang
Summary: Mercenaries are hired by an wealthy man to explore the deep cave in Richtersveld, South Africa in search of valuable diamonds according to locals legends. The legend proves to be true and as they leave with what they were hired to get, the real trouble soon begins when something really big and vengeful emerges wanting back what they took from it.

Lost Tapes: Jungle Walrus (Dingonek)
Summary: What's assumed to be the numerous deaths attributed to Nile crocodile attacks. African park rangers scours through Lake Victoria to find the crocodile responsible only to soon find out the true culprit, something even not just the Nile crocodiles but the hippos even fear as well.

Lost Tapes: Kappa
Summary: Upon hearing the reports of a mysterious creature drowning people in Japan. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Kasai Rex
Summary: A zoologist in Africa is studying rhinoceros' finds himself being stalked and hunted by an ancient prehistoric predator.

Lost Tapes: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings takes advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Lost Tapes: La Llorona
Summary: The disappearances of children prompts the Mexican government to hire the Enigma Corporation to investigate eventually finding their search leading them to a local legend within the area.

Lost Tapes: Loch Ness Monster
Cryptozoologists decides to seek out the famous monster to finally prove its existence once and for all and once they do finally find it learning the creature is real. They learn that it doesn't like to be disturbed.

Lost Tapes: Loveland Frog
Summary: An recent couple on their very first day into an rural area of Loveland, Ohio find themselves being terrorized by mysterious small amphibious beings.

Lost Tapes: Lusca
Summary: Enthusiast thrill seekers goes to the Blue Holes for cave diving to explore only for their fun to turn into a nightmare in the presence of an underwater predator that dwells there.

Lost Tapes: Manticore
Summary: American soldiers based in Iraq seeks to find an notorious local terrorist group and their leader but when they do, all they find is the enemy camp completely destroyed which strangely looks like some sort of animal attack, they eventually finding themselves next being hunted down by a legendary and cannibalistic being only known from ancient Greek and Persian legends.

Lost Tapes: Mapinguari
Summary: Due to a series of unexplained animal attacks near a village in Brazil. The Enigma Corporation is hired to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Short-faced bear)
Summary: What starts off as a fun camping trip in Yukon for a divorced father and his children becomes a deadly fight for survival when they find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric throwback to the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: Mega Cat (Smilodon)
Summary: Paleontologists in South America searching for fossils of new species ironically finds themselves being pursued by an long extinct carnivore.

Lost Tapes: Mega Shark (Megalodon)
Summary: When various unknown species of deep-dwelling fish yet to have been discovered begins washing ashore on the Australian coastline. An group of marine biologists goes down into the deep depths where they came from in hopes of studying the marine life. Their hopes for studies are soon put aside when they encounter an ancient predator long thought to had been extinct for millions of years.

Lost Tapes: Minotaur
Summary: A trip to Crete turns into a nightmare for a group of friends when they decide to explore the labyrinth when what they thought was a legend proves to be all too real.

Lost Tapes: Montauk Monster
Summary: Two conspiracists trespasses onto Plum Island breaking into the facility to prove the Plum Island Animal Disease Center are indeed doing illegal tests on both animals and humans. They find their proof but now must escape when they find themselves being hunted down by the very test subjects that escaped from their containments.

Lost Tapes: Mummy
Summary: A tomb of a mummy is found in Egypt and brought back to a museum for display but after the mysterious death of one of the security guards. The Enigma Corporation is called in to help.

Lost Tapes: Partridge Creek Monster
Summary: After an dispute between two friends of a local legend. One believing in it while the other doesn't, both decide to go to Partridge Creek to put it to an end only eventually to their horror soon finds themselves being hunted by the very creature they had sought.

Lost Tapes: Phantom Cat (British big cat)
Summary: A farmer and his wife in England are finding their livestock being killed by a mysterious predator every night only to realize soon on the next night they're the next meal.

Lost Tapes: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying terror.

Lost Tapes: Sea Serpent
Summary: People have been disappearing off the coast of Spain. So the Enigma Corporation decides to find out why they are and soon finds out its the work of a monster thought to had only existed in sailors tales.

Lost Tapes: Sewer Alligator
Summary: Mutilated bodies of construction workers keeps popping up in the sewers of Manhattan leading to NYPD officers to investigate what they assume is the work of a serial killer only find out something more terrifying what was believed to had only been an urban legend.

Lost Tapes: Skunk Ape
Summary: Florida wildlife animal control are on the job in the Everglades trying to remove invasive Burmese pythons but soon invasive species proves to be the least of their worries once they find themselves terrorized by an highly territorial hairy humanoid that can be distinguished for foul odor it leaves behind.

Lost Tapes: Stoa
Summary: Believing that Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World was based on fact rather then fiction being inspired by the 1912 account of the creature. An guy and his friends (Thinking he's delusional) travels to South America where it all took place to prove his theory is right and that and that non-avian dinosaurs are still alive. Soon enough, they ironically find themselves at the mercy of the very same creature they were seeking to find.

Lost Tapes: Thetis Lake Monster
Summary: A father and son fishing trip turns into horror when they find themselves being terrorized by a humanoid creature living in the lake.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast
Summary: After the disappearances and killings of pets. City officials are sent to investigate only to find their search put to a halt when they enter the territory of a deadly predator supposedly the source of it all.

Lost Tapes: Waheela
Summary: A research team in the Arctic are studying why global warming had been on the rise for the past few decades but soon their research is put aside when they find out they're being hunted down by a pack of large unknown predators.

Lost Tapes: Wampus Cat
Summary: A woman taking part in Cross country running on the Appalachian Trail finds herself being hunted by a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Werejaguar
Summary: An group of friends on vacation in Mexico goes to the Mesoamerican pyramids for sightseeing lead by their tour guide. Things however begins to take an deadly turn when their tour guide begins to exhibit strange behavior and starts showing feline features notably his eyes, teeth and showing claws realizing they've been lured into an trap.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast (Beast of Bladenboro)
Summary: After the disappearances and killings of pets. City officials are sent to investigate only to find their search put to a halt when they enter the territory of a deadly predator supposedly the source of it all.

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings while dismissing the warnings from local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I personally believe Pikmin 4 is just a figment of Nintendo's imagination.

Miyamoto said it is "very close to completion" and that was 5 years ago with nothing new from it since. People refusing to claim Hey! Pikmin is possibly the actual game in question isn't helping either.

You're way better off crossing your fingers for a port of Pikmin 3 instead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Miyamoto said it is "very close to completion" and that was 5 years ago with nothing new from it since. People refusing to claim Hey! Pikmin is possibly the actual game in question isn't helping either.

When he said “very close to completion” he was likely referring to Hey Pikmin. But other people have spoken at the time and since about Pikmin 4, only saying it exists rather then anything like “it’s almost done”.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

He said it’s almost done or ”it’s progressing” or something like that in 2017 after Hey, Pikmin! was already announced and was just weeks or a month or so before release. This leads me to believe he really did mean Pikmin 4 as in an actual mainline game, but something happened and we may need to wait the same length of time early Pikmin fans did for Pikmin 3.

At least we may be getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe sometime “soon” if rumors are to be believed. I need my Pikmin fix on Switch, man.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

There is no Tooth Fairy, there is no Easter Bunny, and there is no Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly I thought Hey Pikmin and Chibi Robo Zip Lash would have been better as eShop game spin-off. Get them for dirt cheap sort of deal.
Ultimate NES Remix is another great example.

On the off side, any of you guys remembered when Splatoon (or almost any Wii U game) came out and people wanted a 3DS version? I remember people talking about putting Tokyo Mirage Sessions on there too.
Those were bizarre days in hindsight.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Which pikmin will scream the least as I bite its succulent head.

Edit: I love how before I posted this there was nobody here but then I posted it and several people appeared. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So how are you guys are the minute? Haven't heard much from you Wademan94 Wademan94 .

I'm ploughing through Xenoblade 1 at 4am in the morning. It feels shorter than I thought. Already at the Colony 6 Mine.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So how are you guys are the minute? Haven't heard much from you Wademan94 Wademan94 .

I'm ploughing through Xenoblade 1 at 4am in the morning. It feels shorter than I thought. Already at the Colony 6 Mine.
Hey dude, just kinda had my mind on other things atm.

I need to see if I can get XCDE soon but I have a bunch of other games I should probably get before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
it sounds more like your dealing with either blind employers or unfair ones who are targeting you for one reason or another.

I would recommend still looking for a job.

Because even if you don’t get kept after that, when this is all over there should be plenty of jobs looking for new employees which should make it easier on you then. Or even better if you work elsewhere and they see that effort, they might see this and reward you more from it or perhaps hire you for a better job later on. It’s a gambit, but it’s better to have a job right now then to not have one.
Upon further reflection, I really doubt I'm being targeting. My supervisors have been being really polite about it, and they phrase these talks in ways that feel like they're trying to spare my feelings. Honestly I think upper management is putting pressure on them to increase productivity, and some of that pressure is trinkling down to me. I just have terrible social anxiety so I can never shake off this irrational feeling that people hate me.

I think I'm also caught in a feedback loop. Burnout is leading to lower work productivity, lower productivity is leading to occassional "talks", those "talks" are leading to more anxiety, and that anxiety is leading to more burn out and fatigue.

I'm not quiting just yet. I just wish I could without risking anything.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido Erureido

If you're interested.

Lost Tapes: Akhlut
Summary: An cultural anthropologist partakes in living among Inuits to learn more about their culture and past. When he joins two Inuits to hunt for seal, what starts off as an traditional hunt soon turns to survival when the superstitious Inuits senses the presence of an aquatic mythological predator.

Lost Tapes: Arica Monster
Summary: An group of friends driving through the Atacama Desert suddenly has their vehicle break down and as they hopefully wait for help and unsure what to do. That's the least of their worries when an ancient prehistoric predator begins to terrorize them.

Lost Tapes: Beast of Gevaudan
Summary: A couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway but it is soon interrupted when a large deadly beast begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Bogeyman
Summary: The Enigma Corporation is sent in to investigate on what a boys mother at first thought was her son constantly suffering from nightmares only to find out its something more terrifying and real then they realize.

Lost Tapes: Brosno Dragon
Summary: A wildlife photographer traveling the world visits Lake Brosno to get pictures of the wildlife but soon its a matter of survival when a gigantic monster from the lake comes after him.

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Premise: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for it to become a nightmare when a beast living in the lake thought to had only existed in the Aboriginals Dreamtime stories begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Burrunjor
Summary: An American couple alongside their Aboriginal tour guide showing them the wonders of Uluru find themselves being stalked by an ancient predator.

Lost Tapes: Champ
Summary: Fishermen catches more then they bargain for when they capture and kill an strange infant animal from the lake only to face the wrath of its angry mother bent out on killing them.

Lost Tapes: Cyclops
Summary: Newlyweds on their honeymoon joined by some of their friends to celebrate their marriage goes to Greece for vacation sailing through the Mediterranean Sea when suddenly their boat crashes and are stranded on an unknown island. While trying to contact help and find a way off, they find out something giant and anthropomorphous thought to had only existed in Greek Mythology lives on the island that doesn't take too kindly to intruders.

Lost Tapes: Dragon
Summary: An thrill-seeking rock climber who has been traveling the world climbs one of Europes mountains but as he climbs higher he comes upon an massive cave and curiously explores not knowing he's stumbled upon the lair of an large winged reptile thought to had only existed in myths and legends around the world.

Lost Tapes: Emela-Ntouka
Summary: After an series of unexplained deaths of elephants being found dead. African wildlife rangers goes in to investigate on what they presume to be caused by poachers but oddly enough, all the dead elephants still have their tusks intact and most strangely gored. Their search and investigation soon leading them to the true culprit. An highly territorial and ferocious horned beast that kills anything in sight that is feared by many tribes known as "The Elephant Killer".

Lost Tapes: Ennedi Tiger
Summary: When an African warlord escapes into the Ennedi Plateau. An group of Chad military troops are deployed into finding him only once they do all they find left are his remains having been killed by an unknown predator who soon turns onto them.

Lost Tapes: Ghoul
Summary: Upon the death of a famous rich man who has been buried with his money and riches. A group of grave robbers decide to take it all for themselves only to encounter a mysterious humanoid creature that has a craving for flesh.

Lost Tapes: Giant Rats
Summary: Upon the purchase and reopening of an warehouse to be renovated. An animal exterminator is hired to deal with the rats only for things to take a deadly turn when he encounters bigger versions of the vermin.

Lost Tapes: Gorgon
Summary: Archaeologists studying ancient Greece culture and myths at an necropolis finds themselves they are not alone when one of their team goes missing and comes upon an lifelike statue that resembles him. Confused and terrified, they attempt to leave but that proves to be impossible as an snake-haired being from Greek Mythology itself won't let them.

Lost Tapes: Grey Alien
Summary: Two friends driving back home from work after a long night are suddenly abducted by mysterious beings with the intention of doing various tests on them. Luckily for them they manage to break themselves free but must still find a way to escape.

Lost Tapes: Griffin
Summary: A group of treasure hunters in Mongolia searching for lost ancient and valuable treasure finds it being guarded by a creature thought to had only existed Greek, Egyptian and Persian legends.

Lost Tapes: Grootslang
Summary: Mercenaries are hired by an wealthy man to explore the deep cave in Richtersveld, South Africa in search of valuable diamonds according to locals legends. The legend proves to be true and as they leave with what they were hired to get, the real trouble soon begins when something really big and vengeful emerges wanting back what they took from it.

Lost Tapes: Jungle Walrus (Dingonek)
Summary: What's assumed to be the numerous deaths attributed to Nile crocodile attacks. African park rangers scours through Lake Victoria to find the crocodile responsible only to soon find out the true culprit, something even not just the Nile crocodiles but the hippos even fear as well.

Lost Tapes: Kappa
Summary: Upon hearing the reports of a mysterious creature drowning people in Japan. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Kasai Rex
Summary: A zoologist in Africa is studying rhinoceros' finds himself being stalked and hunted by an ancient prehistoric predator.

Lost Tapes: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings takes advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Lost Tapes: La Llorona
Summary: The disappearances of children prompts the Mexican government to hire the Enigma Corporation to investigate eventually finding their search leading them to a local legend within the area.

Lost Tapes: Loch Ness Monster
Cryptozoologists decides to seek out the famous monster to finally prove its existence once and for all and once they do finally find it learning the creature is real. They learn that it doesn't like to be disturbed.

Lost Tapes: Loveland Frog
Summary: An recent couple on their very first day into an rural area of Loveland, Ohio find themselves being terrorized by mysterious small amphibious beings.

Lost Tapes: Lusca
Summary: Enthusiast thrill seekers goes to the Blue Holes for cave diving to explore only for their fun to turn into a nightmare in the presence of an underwater predator that dwells there.

Lost Tapes: Manticore
Summary: American soldiers based in Iraq seeks to find an notorious local terrorist group and their leader but when they do, all they find is the enemy camp completely destroyed which strangely looks like some sort of animal attack, they eventually finding themselves next being hunted down by a legendary and cannibalistic being only known from ancient Greek and Persian legends.

Lost Tapes: Mapinguari
Summary: Due to a series of unexplained animal attacks near a village in Brazil. The Enigma Corporation is hired to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Short-faced bear)
Summary: What starts off as a fun camping trip in Yukon for a divorced father and his children becomes a deadly fight for survival when they find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric throwback to the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: Mega Cat (Smilodon)
Summary: Paleontologists in South America searching for fossils of new species ironically finds themselves being pursued by an long extinct carnivore.

Lost Tapes: Mega Shark (Megalodon)
Summary: When various unknown species of deep-dwelling fish yet to have been discovered begins washing ashore on the Australian coastline. An group of marine biologists goes down into the deep depths where they came from in hopes of studying the marine life. Their hopes for studies are soon put aside when they encounter an ancient predator long thought to had been extinct for millions of years.

Lost Tapes: Minotaur
Summary: A trip to Crete turns into a nightmare for a group of friends when they decide to explore the labyrinth when what they thought was a legend proves to be all too real.

Lost Tapes: Montauk Monster
Summary: Two conspiracists trespasses onto Plum Island breaking into the facility to prove the Plum Island Animal Disease Center are indeed doing illegal tests on both animals and humans. They find their proof but now must escape when they find themselves being hunted down by the very test subjects that escaped from their containments.

Lost Tapes: Mummy
Summary: A tomb of a mummy is found in Egypt and brought back to a museum for display but after the mysterious death of one of the security guards. The Enigma Corporation is called in to help.

Lost Tapes: Partridge Creek Monster
Summary: After an dispute between two friends of a local legend. One believing in it while the other doesn't, both decide to go to Partridge Creek to put it to an end only eventually to their horror soon finds themselves being hunted by the very creature they had sought.

Lost Tapes: Phantom Cat (British big cat)
Summary: A farmer and his wife in England are finding their livestock being killed by a mysterious predator every night only to realize soon on the next night they're the next meal.

Lost Tapes: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying terror.

Lost Tapes: Sea Serpent
Summary: People have been disappearing off the coast of Spain. So the Enigma Corporation decides to find out why they are and soon finds out its the work of a monster thought to had only existed in sailors tales.

Lost Tapes: Sewer Alligator
Summary: Mutilated bodies of construction workers keeps popping up in the sewers of Manhattan leading to NYPD officers to investigate what they assume is the work of a serial killer only find out something more terrifying what was believed to had only been an urban legend.

Lost Tapes: Skunk Ape
Summary: Florida wildlife animal control are on the job in the Everglades trying to remove invasive Burmese pythons but soon invasive species proves to be the least of their worries once they find themselves terrorized by an highly territorial hairy humanoid that can be distinguished for foul odor it leaves behind.

Lost Tapes: Stoa
Summary: Believing that Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World was based on fact rather then fiction being inspired by the 1912 account of the creature. An guy and his friends (Thinking he's delusional) travels to South America where it all took place to prove his theory is right and that and that non-avian dinosaurs are still alive. Soon enough, they ironically find themselves at the mercy of the very same creature they were seeking to find.

Lost Tapes: Thetis Lake Monster
Summary: A father and son fishing trip turns into horror when they find themselves being terrorized by a humanoid creature living in the lake.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast

Lost Tapes: Waheela
Summary: A research team in the Arctic are studying why global warming had been on the rise for the past few decades but soon their research is put aside when they find out they're being hunted down by a pack of large unknown predators.

Lost Tapes: Wampus Cat
Summary: A woman taking part in Cross country running on the Appalachian Trail finds herself being hunted by a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Werejaguar
Summary: An group of friends on vacation in Mexico goes to the Mesoamerican pyramids for sightseeing lead by their tour guide. Things however begins to take an deadly turn when their tour guide begins to exhibit strange behavior and starts showing feline features notably his eyes, teeth and showing claws realizing they've been lured into an trap.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast (Beast of Bladenboro)

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings while dismissing the warnings from local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.
You've got lots of great ideas there!

Some of them ring a bell upon seeing them again like Ropen, Champ, Brosno Dragon, Sewer Alligator, and Beast of Gevaudon.

Some of the ones I remember imagining summaries for the ones featured on MonsterQuest (the History Channel cryptid show that aired around the same time Lost Tapes was on TV) but not on Lost Tapes and vice versa, basically to give the cryptids recognition on both channels.

(Yeah, I was a huge MonsterQuest fan back in the day too).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now the CNN building in Atlanta is under attack and being protected by cops.

What the hell is going on? We really in a civil war right now it seems. Hopefully this virus and everything else can calm down though, it’s getting insane

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 273146
If I don't get the credit, you get the bullets, that how it works.
...Spider-Bullets tho...I want now
Same. The games felt complete since Terry lol
for me it felt complete since Byleth
No, because tbh, I forgot too.
glad I’m not the only one
I often forget Byleth is even there in the CSS so, nah.
I forget Alph is in Smash
what's smash ultimate
...now that’s a good point

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So.... if Mario got a Sonic Generations style game, what games would be included? Obviously the classic NES and SNES games, but what about Yoshi’s Island? 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games, sure. But what about the NSMB series? What about 3D Land and 3D World? The Mario Land games? Odyssey? What would count?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So.... if Mario got a Sonic Generations style game, what games would be included? Obviously the classic NES and SNES games, but what about Yoshi’s Island? 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games, sure. But what about the NSMB series? What about 3D Land and 3D World? The Mario Land games? Odyssey? What would count?
I had an idea for that a while ago, before Odyssey was a thing so it only went up to 3D World.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You've got lots of great ideas there!

Some of them ring a bell upon seeing them again like Ropen, Champ, Brosno Dragon, Sewer Alligator, and Beast of Gevaudon.

Some of the ones I remember imagining summaries for the ones featured on MonsterQuest (the History Channel cryptid show that aired around the same time Lost Tapes was on TV) but not on Lost Tapes and vice versa, basically to give the cryptids recognition on both channels.

(Yeah, I was a huge MonsterQuest fan back in the day too).
Ha ha thanks. What do you expect from an cryptozoologist and mythological junkie like myself.

Lost Tapes and MonsterQuest along with Destination Truth are my favorite cryptozoologic shows.

Given you're into cryptozoology like myself. I recommend you should read books by Hunter Shea. Its basically an Cryptozoology Cinematic Universe but as novels.

Dutch Raikuna

Now the CNN building in Atlanta is under attack and being protected by cops.

What the hell is going on? We really in a civil war right now it seems. Hopefully this virus and everything else can calm down though, it’s getting insane
Thats crazy.
The world is burning but the (one of) big news where I am locally.
"Man is allowed to continue pub on wheels after being investigated by the Police"

Feels so alien where I live. Like the rest of the world is a galaxy away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom