• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly my only complaints is that the lighting still feels like more could have been done and running animations should have been redone over.
Yeah, some places have too much lighting where others have little. This was me during half of that opening cutscene with the Bionis and Mechonis.

1590780452171.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Passed out just over 100F when I was in North Florida once. I learned my lesson for wearing a thick black polo shirt.

And yeah it ain't the heat that I have an issue the most. Its the UV when the sun goes laser mode and burns the skin.
Sunburn is super uncomfortable.
Well if sunburns are the problem that might just be because you're Irish.

Oddly enough I'm Scottish/Irish-American but I've never sunburned easily because, despite having pale skin I also tan really easily. My mom though...she's always been plagued by constant sunburns.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, some places have too much lighting where others have little. This was me during half of that opening cutscene with the Bionis and Mechonis.

View attachment 273138
Hit it on the head. I loved the feel of Sword Valley in the opening and Colony 9 so far seems ok.
Again feels like more could have been done.

Well if sunburns are the problem that might just be because you're Irish.

Oddly enough I'm Scottish/Irish-American but I've never sunburned easily because, despite having pale skin I also tan really easily. My mom though...she's always been plagued by constant sunburns.
I got sunburn at 65F once and got paranoid from there, to the point where I had sunscreen on, and walked around a neighbourhood in Florida with a hoodie on each time I was over there.
I hate UV rays.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some slight positivity. The pig who murdered George Floyd has been arrested. Sure, he's had a history of murder and is claiming it was accidental despite blatantly being intentional, but there's a tiny step. Now we wait for the other 3 to be arrested for another tiny step

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
my 3DS lives again! Time to get DKC Returns, KTD, Planet Robobot, and Woolly World! When i get the money.

I know some of those are on Wii and Wii U, but I just prefer platformers on handhelds. I feel like it improves my timing.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Some slight positivity. The pig who murdered George Floyd has been arrested. Sure, he's had a history of murder and is claiming it was accidental despite blatantly being intentional, but there's a tiny step. Now we wait for the other 3 to be arrested for another tiny step
While I see why they would charge 3rd degree murder to lessen the chances of altogether acquittal, I believe they should honestly bump the charge up to 2nd degree, the video is enough proof that he had every intention of harming George.

I'm only just now stepping back into the thread, so I don't know if this link has been posted yet, but;
https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/donate
Every cent helps.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>swim to Agora Shore
>it still isn't a landmark

1590783475005.png

YOU HAD ONE (1) JOB MONOLITH 0/10 WORST GAME actually the swim time feels a lot shorter but still

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Woke up this morning and learned the trailer for the final season of Attack on Titan just dropped today:

I was not expecting the trailer to drop today, but wow, this was such a great way to start the day!

It's now confirmed that MAPPA will be animating the final season instead of WIT Studio. MAPPA has a good track record for an animation studio (some notable anime they adapted include Yuri on Ice, Inuyashiki, Banana Fish, Dororo, Hajime no Ippo: Rising, and Zombieland Saga), and seeing the trailer they pulled off, looks like AoT will continue to be in good hands!

Hiroyuki Sawano will return to do the soundtrack, this time joined with co-composer Kohta Yamamoto.

Pretty excited for this final season! Can't wait to see some of the best stuff from the final arc get animated.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
he noticed you didnt see him
I was worthy of being among the few who are allowed to see him. I shall not abuse this power
Holy frick, that's awesome.

I wish Zachari Levi and Bruce Campbell followed me on Twitter
if they use Twitter a lot, then you have an unreasonably high chance in them following you. Hell it could happen right now and you can end up with a movie with those two together

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've been binge watching transformers Prime.

I've always been a bigger fan of the Japanese Transformers designs but this series is easily the best one out of all of them. Top bad the sequel sucks.

D

Deleted member

I've been binge watching transformers Prime.

I've always been a bigger fan of the Japanese Transformers designs but this series is easily the best one out of all of them. Top bad the sequel sucks.
Prime is probably my favourite post-G1 Transformers show alongside Animated.

Prime took the best of many past Transformers incarnations (and even the Bay movies shockingly enough) and managed to become its own thing in a great way.

Animated tried to play more with elements from the G1 cartoon (such as the portrayal of the Dynobots or the character designs), but at the same time improved a lot many of the least popular characters (such as Prowl, who in my opinion is at his best in Animated).

While I feel the current show (Cyberverse) is neat for what It is, I don't think It comes that close to the impact Animated and Prime left in the fandom. And while I feel Siege will be good I don't think it'll reach Prime levels of good.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Prime is probably my favourite post-G1 Transformers show alongside Animated.

Prime took the best of many past Transformers incarnations (and even the Bay movies shockingly enough) and managed to become its own thing in a great way.

Animated tried to play more with elements from the G1 cartoon (such as the portrayal of the Dynobots or the character designs), but at the same time improved a lot many of the least popular characters (such as Prowl, who in my opinion is at his best in Animated).

While I feel the current show (Cyberverse) is neat for what It is, I don't think It comes that close to the impact Animated and Prime left in the fandom. And while I feel Siege will be good I don't think it'll reach Prime levels of good.
I didn't even know they made a show after the Prime sequel lol

D

Deleted member

I didn't even know they made a show after the Prime sequel lol
Yeah, they did one.

It is fine. It revolves around Bumblebee and Windblade and It has some neat moments such as this one:

Hasbro has published the first Season of the show for free on their official Transformers YouTube channel, doh bare in mind this isn't meant to be as "Deep" as the upcoming Siege Netflix show so don't expect something as good as Prime.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the latest episode of Agents of SHIELD and its really great to see Nick Blood's Lance Hunter making a guest appearance to help Leo Fitz out of jail. and some funny moments which brings back memories of what he did during the second season and during the first half of the third season.

Makes me wish the series would make further use of Lance Hunter since he does bring the comedic element to the show which is something that I really missed since he and Bobbi left half way through the third season.

Here are several of Lance Hunter's highlights throughout the Agents of SHIELD.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Woke this morning and learned the trailer for the final season of Attack on Titan just dropped today:

I was not expecting the trailer to drop today, but wow, this was such a great way to start the day!

It's now confirmed that MAPPA will be animating the final season instead of WIT Studio. MAPPA has a good track record for an animation studio (some notable anime they adapted include Yuri on Ice, Inuyashiki, Banana Fish, Doro, Hajime no Ippo: Rising, and Zombieland Saga), and seeing the trailer they pulled off, looks like AoT will continue to be in good hands!

Hiroyuki Sawano will return to do the soundtrack, this time joined with co-composer Kohta Yamamoto.

Pretty excited for this final season! Can't wait to see some of the best stuff from the final arc get animated.
Mikasa. looks so much better with short hair and idk why she wasnt designed like that in the first place

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
is bad to admit I forgot about an Arms character joining the Smash Ultimate dlc

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Frustrated rant about my personal life. I needed to get it out, and if I tried to talk to my sister about it I know she'd just panic.

Feel free to ignore this.
I feel like garbage.

I always try and remain calm and optimistic, and to focus on the things in my life I can control or improve, but sometimes things just reach their boiling point and make me feel like crap.

Its my job. A few times in the past several months I've been pulled aside by a supervisor to talk about how I struggle to meet "timelines" and I'm starting to get sick of it. I've genuinely been trying to work harder and faster but I feel like no matter what I do its inevitable I'm going to be pulled aside for another "talk" in the next month or two anyway.

I'm starting to feel like there's something wrong with me. Am I just a bad worker? Or am I just being held to unfair standards (but if its that, then why are they pulling me aside specifically)? If I didn't know better I'd think my supervisors just didn't like me for some reason. I just can't make any sense of it.

I want to quit but I can't. I have rent to pay, and if I can't that means moving back in with my parents in an honestly very unhealthy household.

I'd start looking for a job at other stores but a part of me is worried that with the current state of the world that I'll only be kept as a temporary employee until the pandemic passes. I'm paranoid about that because, after me and my sister moved here she immediately lost her job and I had to drain most of my savings until she was able to find a new one. I don't want to take any risks like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I use Twitter to retweet art.
Same, mostly posting my art, and retweeting other art or ****posts 90% of the time. I didn't even know you had an account tho.

Anyway, PS5 stuff next week. Console Wars are stupid. SHOW ME THE GAMES!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn’t they also arrest a officer who instigated the riots?
Frustrated rant about my personal life. I needed to get it out, and if I tried to talk to my sister about it I know she'd just panic.

Feel free to ignore this.
I feel like garbage.

I always try and remain calm and optimistic, and to focus on the things in my life I can control or improve, but sometimes things just reach their boiling point and make me feel like crap.

Its my job. A few times in the past several months I've been pulled aside by a supervisor to talk about how I struggle to meet "timelines" and I'm starting to get sick of it. I've genuinely been trying to work harder and faster but I feel like no matter what I do its inevitable I'm going to be pulled aside for another "talk" in the next month or two anyway.

I'm starting to feel like there's something wrong with me. Am I just a bad worker? Or am I just being held to unfair standards (but if its that, then why are they pulling me aside specifically)? If I didn't know better I'd think my supervisors just didn't like me for some reason. I just can't make any sense of it.

I want to quit but I can't. I have rent to pay, and if I can't that means moving back in with my parents in an honestly very unhealthy household.

I'd start looking for a job at other stores but a part of me is worried that with the current state of the world that I'll only be kept as a temporary employee until the pandemic passes. I'm paranoid about that because, after me and my sister moved here she immediately lost her job and I had to drain most of my savings until she was able to find a new one. I don't want to take any risks like that.
it sounds more like your dealing with either blind employers or unfair ones who are targeting you for one reason or another.

I would recommend still looking for a job.

Because even if you don’t get kept after that, when this is all over there should be plenty of jobs looking for new employees which should make it easier on you then. Or even better if you work elsewhere and they see that effort, they might see this and reward you more from it or perhaps hire you for a better job later on. It’s a gambit, but it’s better to have a job right now then to not have one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm surprised no one tried to do another game like Radikal Bikers. It's a full on Pizza Delivery game. It's a novel enough idea to follow up on.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And now I'm getting ads for Pizza. Clearly destiny has something in store for me. Not sure why tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom