• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What are we hoping or expecting to see at Nintendo's E3 presentation in the June Direct announced for Nintendo consoles throughout the month of June via random Tweets, apparently?

Expectations: there's the ARMS character for Smash, of course (hopefully we get another Smash announcement, even if it's just a trailer with no gameplay; I'm assuming that the ARMS character's trailer, and a brief gameplay description, is going to be followed by "[insert ARMS character here] comes out... TODAY! The eShop might go through some downtime; please understand"), and I've seen rumours about remasters of Mario 64, Sunshine, and/or Galaxy.

I've also seen people speculating that we'll get Pikmin 3 for the Switch (which wouldn't surprise me, since they seem determined to port or remake every Wii U game for the Switch with the possible exception of Nintendo Land), and an ARMS 2 announcement seems likely given that an ARMS character being announced for Smash came out of nowhere. Given that Amazon France listing, we might get a release date for the Switch version of Doom Eternal.

Hopes: I'm hoping for news on Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3 (especially if the latter is supposed to be coming out this year), and I really hope that we'll get some major new announcements from Nintendo. (and I mean brand new, not just a remake or a re-release) I have a tough time with getting into Animal Crossing (and believe me, I've tried), and I haven't really followed Pokemon since gen. 3 (I'm trying to get back into it with the 3DS games, though), so the last completely new Nintendo game that's caught my interest was Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which came out roughly a year ago.
I'd kill for an update on Metroid Prime 4 alongside a reveal of Prime Trilogy being ported to Switch. Besides that, I'd like to see more on Bayonetta 3, a new 3D Mario, and a re-release of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
OK. Prompt time. Design a smash roster for a NES and SNES smash game. Only characters that were around at the time are eligible, Third parties are fine, but with the additional rule that they need to have had a game on the NES, SNES, or Game Boy/Color. You decide on an appropriate number of fighters based on other fighting games on the same system.
I would strike "Game Boy Color" out since that was during the N64 era. I'll stick to the other three.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pit
Mega Man
Simon
Luigi
Zelda

:yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Apparently some chaps have the 8 Bit Baby model already, so a friends trying to get in contact with them.

I need this model, it's too cool. lol

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh. I didn’t know that. Now, is this for NES or SNES?
Mainly SNES, and I'm presuming hardware specs match that system so I stuck with 12. I picked the OG 8 except Pikachu because duh. I replaced him with Pit because Kid Icarus was still surprisingly relevant at the time with him showing up in cameos and such. Mario and Zelda would both get extra characters and you HAVE to have Nintendo's two biggest third-party supporters at the time in there, Capcom and Konami :yoshi:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a head's up that the next wave of Mystery Gifts for Pokémon Sword/Shield (Galarian Ponyta with hidden ability and a set of Poké Balls) is now live.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mainly SNES, and I'm presuming hardware specs match that system so I stuck with 12. I picked the OG 8 except Pikachu because duh. I replaced him with Pit because Kid Icarus was still surprisingly relevant at the time with him showing up in cameos and such. Mario and Zelda would both get extra characters and you HAVE to have Nintendo's two biggest third-party supporters at the time in there, Capcom and Konami :yoshi:
Good choices then. Would you mind explaining Pikachu though? The wires aren’t connecting in my head on that one.

Was really hoping Little Mac would be on their, at least stateside, in the S/NES era, it was considered one of Nintendo’s biggest.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OK. Prompt time. Design a smash roster for a NES and SNES smash game. Only characters that were around at the time are eligible, Third parties are fine, but with the additional rule that they need to have had a game on the NES, SNES, or Game Boy/Color. You decide on an appropriate number of fighters based on other fighting games on the same system.
NES - I'm assuming that this would be released towards the end of the NES's lifespan.

Mario
Donkey Kong Junior
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Mega Man
Simon Belmont

I'm keeping the roster small, since I'd assume that the NES wouldn't be able to handle a ton of characters. (Joy Mech Fight was able to, but that seems like a rare exception) Little Mac barely missed the cut, though maybe if I was more familiar with the arcade Punch-Out games, I'd be able to see how they could make him work based on that material and the NES game.

Super NES

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Yoshi
Luigi
Ness
Pit
Mega Man
Simon Belmont
Terra Branford

Pokemon was released outside of Japan one day before the Nintendo 64 was, and there wasn't a huge difference in terms of their Japanese releases (about four months?), so I'm not sure if it would be considered back then. I'm also not sure if Star Fox and F-Zero would have made it into Smash based purely on their first games. I'm not familiar enough with Fire Emblem to know if they would have included Marth in there.

Otherwise, it's pretty much a combination of the original Smash game and my NES roster, though I added Terra since Final Fantasy seems like it would be one of the first in line if Nintendo had third party characters in the earlier titles.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Good choices then. Would you mind explaining Pikachu though? The wires aren’t connecting in my head on that one.

Was really hoping Little Mac would be on their, at least stateside, in the S/NES era, it was considered one of Nintendo’s biggest.
Because Pokemon wasn't a thing until 1996. And ya know, Little Mac would probably be the better choice over Pit now that I think about it. But 2 things, 1) Punch-Out was made by Nintendo R&D3 and they handled the "western" IPs (StarTropics, for instance). That means there wasn't a big push for them in Nintendo's home country. 2) SNES limitations would probably not allow unique gimmicks, so no KO meter :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because Pokemon wasn't a thing until 1996. And ya know, Little Mac would probably be the better choice over Pit now that I think about it. But 2 things, 1) Punch-Out was made by Nintendo R&D3 and they handled the "western" IPs (StarTropics, for instance). That means there wasn't a big push for them in Nintendo's home country. 2) SNES limitations would probably not allow unique gimmicks, so no KO meter :yoshi:
That’s fine because in actual Punch-Out Star Punches are was better and more fun than the KO meter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fun Fact: I have a really good Donald Duck impression, but only if I'm imitating one of his temper tantrums. Any attempts to say anything other then angry quaking sounds comes out terrible.
So you sound like Donald Duck in general. :troll:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That's an interesting approach. I follow a rule where I don't drop anime that are 26 or less episodes. So I wouldn't watch a first episode without watching all the other episodes.
It works pretty well, especially when you make it different genres.

Tonight was going to be Cells at Work, Princess Connect ReDive and The Tatami Galaxy.

However Princess Connect ended up being something I was looking for. Something like Konosuba but more focus on the mundane. Its also a great food anime.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo should just take all their properties that are mostly popular over here (Metroid, Star Fox, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Country, etc) and just permanently assign their management to Nintendo of America and their western partner studios. Just be like “here, make games from these series. We want at least one on each new system and we want em good! Go nuts!”

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nintendo should just take all their properties that are mostly popular over here (Metroid, Star Fox, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Country, etc) and just permanently assign their management to Nintendo of America and their western partner studios. Just be like “here, make games from these series. We want at least one on each new system and we want em good! Go nuts!”
They have better things to do, like Mini-Mario shovelware and.........................................

See, better things :yoshi:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Technically only Retro. Next Level can work for anyone else and has done so before :yoshi:
Yeah but they announced a while back that they were dedicated to working exclusively with and for Nintendo.

https://www.justpushstart.com/2014/01/next-level-games-nintendo-go-exclusive/

So they’re the closest thing we got to another NA subsidiary. Luckily I’m 100% sure MercurySteam is doing something Nintendo related so I guess that’s pretty close to a 3rd... but that’s Spain soooooo.

Honestly Nintendo just needs to expand in general.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
My cat works at Nintendo, and he leaked this to me:
He told me that Sakurai noticed the popularity of this character while watching Mii Fighter matches online.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not Hank Hill. The whole “here’s the next character, but it’s some multimedia character that would never get in! LOL!” bit. It’s just old.
That's why I meme video game characters who'll never get in instead.

Webkinz Googol for Smash.

If ROB counts as a video game character then Googol does to.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
That's why I meme video game characters who'll never get in instead.

Webkinz Googol for Smash.

If ROB counts as a video game character then Googol does to.
That looks just like my Baby JubJub from when I played Neopets decades ago!
unnamed (1).png

Does Neopets count as a video game? It's kind of a game, and it uses a video screen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
going random on Smash online only to gang up on the person you trust the least and hate the most is hella fun

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom