• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I made an SMB1-style Wart. Never played SMB2/SMBUSA, so pick it apart as much as you like, I'm not that big on spriting.
View attachment 271712
(Yes, this was made with Paint (blasted lack of transparency))
wart.png

Thankfully I have Paint.net. Which is close enough~ Here you go!

D

Deleted member

Say what you want about Toucan Sam’s redesign, it has some really nice voice over.

And I’m only partially biased for the reasons stated earlier.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Using the amiibos in Planet Robobot is really fun.

Depending on the amiibo you use you get a power-up based on them, and the Smash Kirby amiibo gives you the Smash Bros ability.
Unfortunately, I have the original 3DS, so while I have amiibos, I can't use them. (I know there's an adapter or some kind of device that lets me use them, so I might look into that)

Shame that Smash Ultimate was removed from the EVO line-up. Not sure if that's due to the game's poor online (I didn't have many issues, but then again, I only played enough games to complete all of the challenges, and I didn't care if I won or lost), or because of a lack of announcements. (Nintendo seems to ignore EVO, unlike the other companies that are involved - the best that we've gotten is a Smash-specific Direct being announced for a later date - then again, the ARMS announcement would be less than a month before this, so that probably plays a part)

Not sure if Marvel vs. Capcom is getting new content (whether it's a new game or a re-release) or not (it looks like they're still holding the Tournament of Champions, or 20urnament of Champions, though the MvC2 logo is unusually absent), but I'm assuming that the other games are. (not sure when Capcom or Namco are going to move on to Street Fighter 6 or Tekken 8, but a new Dragon Ball FighterZ character seems really likely since there are still three unknown ones)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I really want another portable PlayStation next gen. To bad it won’t happen.
I loved the PSP. it had so many great memories for me, nice library of JRPGs and the two Dissidia games before KT decided to nickel and dime us with the DLC for NT. The Vita sadly just wasn’t the same...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, they just shadowdropped a new Paper Mario
-snip-
Please don’t be like Sticker Star, please don’t be like Sticker Star...
Okay, wow. That was really out of left field. I'm not complaining though. A new Paper Mario title is always cool. Wademan94 Wademan94 is gonna have a heart attack once he comes on, I'd wager. This looks very good.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not even Color Splash was announced this casually :yoshi:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Unpopular Opinion Alert
Sony should make a new PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, but actually good.
Some ideas?
1. Take a leaf from Smash Bros. - rather than being pretty much a form of advertising, which makes the game now seem pretty dated, try using more of the history of PlayStation as a format, thus making the game more representative of the history.
2. Try and get some of the licenced characters from its history - like Cloud, Squall, Jill Valentine, Snake, Crash, Spyro, or Joker. Yes, these all may be in Smash, but they're good examples of characters that are important to PlayStation history - perhaps with the possible exception of Joker, but Persona probably ought to be represented.
2.5. Characters don't have to have been on PlayStation alone, but have to have been important to the history of the consoles, which is why characters like Jill Valentine make sense.
3. For a game like this, don't use the Smash style of gameplay. PlayStation was famous for traditional fighting games like Tekken, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and King of Fighters '98 (yes, some of these were arcade titles, but these were also very important titles on the original PlayStation.)
4. Bosses should probably be enemies from actual PlayStation games - because Polygon Man doesn't make sense as a climatic boss, really. Have things like a Metal Gear REX, or Sephiroth, or stuff like that.
5. Stages should also reflect the history of PlayStation.

I'll admit, I don't know much about PlayStation as a whole, but I'll say that these would likely be good changes and additions.
Any thoughts? Am I completely wrong (which is probable lmao) Feel free to tell me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eh you know it's just Paper Mario, so its whatever. :drsad:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
WOAH, PAPER MARIO ANNOUNCEMENT OUT OF NOWHERE, HUH?!

Couldn't care less about PM, but I'm assuming this is how they're gonna be handling announcements for the near future,

just shadowdropping them via Twitter?

Though given it's July release, there's also a possibility this was meant to be shown off in the March direct, idk

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ezgif-3-add89f1c3776.gif

Seriously tho, even Randy Orton wouldn't have seen coming. Also did I just see Mario wearing Samus helmet at the end? What are you trying to say to me, Nintendo???

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey guys! I’m guessing some of you are expecting more shadow drops like this in the future, huh?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Unpopular Opinion Alert
Some ideas?
1. Take a leaf from Smash Bros. - rather than being pretty much a form of advertising, which makes the game now seem pretty dated, try using more of the history of PlayStation as a format, thus making the game more representative of the history.
2. Try and get some of the licenced characters from its history - like Cloud, Squall, Jill Valentine, Snake, Crash, Spyro, or Joker. Yes, these all may be in Smash, but they're good examples of characters that are important to PlayStation history - perhaps with the possible exception of Joker, but Persona probably ought to be represented.
2.5. Characters don't have to have been on PlayStation alone, but have to have been important to the history of the consoles, which is why characters like Jill Valentine make sense.
3. For a game like this, don't use the Smash style of gameplay. PlayStation was famous for traditional fighting games like Tekken, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and King of Fighters '98 (yes, some of these were arcade titles, but these were also very important titles on the original PlayStation.)
4. Bosses should probably be enemies from actual PlayStation games - because Polygon Man doesn't make sense as a climatic boss, really. Have things like a Metal Gear REX, or Sephiroth, or stuff like that.

I'll admit, I don't know much about PlayStation as a whole, but I'll say that these would likely be good changes and additions.
Any thoughts? Am I completely wrong (which is probable lmao) Feel free to tell me.

D

Deleted member

Someone call me when we get more info about the battle system, don't wanna get my hopes up too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It does look a lot like Color Splash. And that game, unlike Sticker Star, is actually pretty good. It also is likely to be a massive improvement.

I'm pretty sure they made it clear they have a new model with the rpg's and they're sticking to it. So the old partner/badge system was never in the plans to come back. I wonder what the new "card" system would be, though. Namely, how it works. My only issue is how annoying it is to make the gimmick work. I found the cards in Sticker Star actually really neat. But they failed to give traditional level ups or a way to attack without using a card. That's my only real problem with it, besides feeling a little unfair boss-wise and the poison forest area was really unfair, imo.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nintendo Fans: We want an Paper Mario game with the original gameplay of the first two games again!
Nintendo: Here's another Sticker Star/Color Splash style game instead.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, would you look at that. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be DLC for the new Paper Mario

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How did you get that from only 2 minutes?

Also, lol at implying that Color Splash was bad.
Color Splash wasn’t bad, just mediocre. Which I guess makes it bad in comparison to other non-SS PM titles.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo Fans: We want an Paper Mario game with the original gameplay of the last two games again!
MightyP got me in advance, but yeah, what does this trailer really say that it's going to be like SS/CS? Like there is so much yet so little in a sense, it's hard to tell which direction it's going.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can’t believe DLC 10 got leaked...

/s
Smash DLC getting out of hand and we should all love it
This is cursed.

I like it.
you like it 3000
Not sure if this has already been posted earlier here, but we finally have UI Goku's dramatic finish for FighterZ and it looks cool as ****.

Goku’s Begone Kamehameha...still a beautiful sight to see
Everyone assumes I’m a girl... Because the name Taylor is always gonna be associated with Taylor Swift.
View attachment 271715

I have a love hate relationship with this image.
perfectly balanced...as all things should be
Nintendo doesn’t give a **** at this point...if they wanna reveal Mario...people will get Mario
Nintendo Fans: We want an Paper Mario game with the original gameplay of the last two games again!
and then it becomes a hit

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular Opinion Alert
Some ideas?

Characters I would want for an PSASBR2.

Aloy, Jennifer Tate, Raven (Gravity Rush), Kineticlops, Kratos & Atreus and Until Dawn rep.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Here’s a small bit of gameplay, certainly looks more strategic with the new battle system. Looks interesting to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unpopular Opinion Alert
Some ideas?

Did you just post it twice? Anyway, I don't think those are unpopular opinions at all, all but #3 are frequently brought up.

As for Polygon Man, it was a cute nod to the pre-PS1 adverts, but being apparently used only in NA and quickly replaced after launch made him an odd choice indeed. Also tagging SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 who frequently likes to talk about PAS and might be interested.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Did you just post it twice? Anyway, I don't think those are unpopular opinions at all, all but #3 are frequently brought up.

As for Polygon Man, it was a cute nod to the pre-PS1 adverts, but being apparently used only in NA and quickly replaced after launch made him an odd choice indeed. Also tagging SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 who frequently likes to talk about PAS and might be interested.
Oh my god this double posting glitch is doing my head in :/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As someone who love that game to death, I admit I would like a remake of SPM with like a more traditional RPG Battle System, and maybe some change here and there story wise (tho not too much, otherwise, might aswell make a different game altogether).

Not that it's ever going to happen mind you (especially as long the first PM aren't remade in some way), but hey, a man can dream...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
New gameplay mechanics isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you don't change things up, people will become uninterested.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think Paper Mario is trying to be Mega Man Battle Network. You know, item based combat, leveling up dependent on collectibles and not experience, etc.

Except that series had a more active battle system :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom