• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Announced today SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated will release June 23.

Are you ready, kids?
Aye aye Captain Wario!

Meanwhile...
*Lincoln Loud sits in the corner crying due to not having a movie for the first time and is waiting to get his own game very soon which will never happen.*

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. On the impossible hypothetical that Goku got in Smash, what would his franchise cross be, like at the end of his trailer. Would it be FighterZ? Xenoverse? DBZ Kakarot? Just the DragonBall franchise in general?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Keiji Fujiwara passed away today due ti cancer.
One of the number of seiyuus with a distinctive voice I was able to easily hear through a number of anime.
As mentioned by the others he was the voice Reno and Axel but to me he was Ardyn from FFXV and gave a really damn good performance, that paired equally with his English voice (who I hold as one of the best dubbed performances in the series). And of course Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You just made a ton of assumptions about me that aren't true. I don't care what religion women are and have reached out to a lot of Christians. But if someone says "I want a man who loves Jesus" they're looking for something I can't give them. I never start off with political leanings and rarely mention it unless they have in their profile.
This is exactly the kind of BS that made me change my answers.
Fair enough. But when you start off mentioning that stuff, it makes it seem like it's the first thing you talk about. If other people are doing that to you, then I'm sorry to hear that.

Umm, comfortable with... what? I was just making a joke with the title of the game we were talking about. What the hell are you talking about? I’m starting to think we’re reading two completely different books here.
Eh. Don't worry about it, just that other people got weird with me before when shootin' the ****. I shouldn't of taken the joke that way. I'm usually more chill than that. My bad.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crysis remastered is supposedly coming out, PS4, XBOX1, and even the Switch. Never played those games, I mostly know about them for technical prowess and the main dude having a cool suit.

Dutch Raikuna

Welp, looks like Ghost of Tsushima is getting the delay to August.

The Outer Worlds: Yeah I'm gonna get it today then given the full confirm.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
OK. Now we just have to convince the Arms team to not only care about DKC, but a one off side character from the N64 game and franchise black sheep.

Lanky Kong is like, the Waluigi of DKC.
Don’t disrespect my man Waluigi like that. Waluigi has appeared in over 50 games, and is almost always the third main antagonist in every game he’s in. Sometimes even the second whenever Bowser is out of the picture. Meanwhile, Lanky appears in less than 10 games and is suspected to not even be related to the Donkey Kong at all. He is a very minor character and in some games his appearance is very small, like being a tiny cameo in a single mini game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don’t disrespect my man Waluigi like that. Waluigi has appeared in over 50 games, and is almost always the third main antagonist in every game he’s in. Sometimes even the second whenever Bowser is out of the picture. Meanwhile, Lanky appears in less than 10 games and is suspected to not even be related to the Donkey Kong at all. He is a very minor character and in some games his appearance is very small, like being a tiny cameo in a single mini game.
Not the post I was hoping to get a response to today.

And I was talking more about the fan idolization because of memes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
*Nods at Geno* I wanted to go there.

Joking mostly.
Man, in the public eye, Geno isn't even a Mario character anymore. He's a Smash character. Like Jigglypuff and C. Falcon. More people know about him from our ranting about him then SMRPG at this point. He's not even in contest with Waluigi anymore. They're competing in different categories.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not really. Jigglypuff is still in Pokemon as a franchise. And Geno's not in the public eye at all. Hell, even Waluigi has that going for him. That's one of the main reasons he's so popular. Little Timmy and Susie see the funny dude from Mario and wonder why they can't play him too like they can in Mario Kart.

Captain Falcon is actually in Smash Bros. in a substantial manner so I'd argue he's above Geno in that regard too. Geno's more in the same boat as Isaac, and I say this as someone who actually likes Isaac.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And Geno's not in the public eye at all.
How can you say that? He's all over twitter and he's on every Smash wishlist I've ever seen. Be it a youtuber or website article. Big and small. And it's not just the Smash community who watches and reads those things. I'm not saying he's a household name or anything like that, but he's not completely unknown.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Oh **** never mind, Jump Force is 100% confirmed for Switch.

Still, lol.
I remember seeing the roster and thinking ‘is this game on switch? That’d be cool’ and looking it up and it said the switch couldn’t handle it. Whatever, I don’t care if they have to bring it down a little bit. As long as we still got Jojo characters and Light Yagami, I’ll be fine. It wouldn’t hurt to shave off a few of those Dragon Ball characters. But I seriously doubt the roster would be cut down. It probably wouldn’t be too hard to leave the roster alone while dumbing it down for Switch, if they need to at all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm kind of tempted to think of a roster for a Jump Super/Ultimate Stars sequel if it was made now and expanded on the previous games. It probably wouldn't happen, but there's a ton of potential there, seeing as both Naruto and Bleach have ended since then, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has become a lot more popular (so we'd get playable characters beyond part 3), One Piece has had a time-skip, and plenty of new series (like My Hero Academia and Toriko) started.

Though if I'm being realistic, Shaman King characters would probably have to be cut (I'm pretty sure that Kodansha bought the series), and I don't know enough about modern Jump (aside from My Hero Academia) to know who would best represent it.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Well, according to thus graphicView attachment 269405
No DBZ characters in season 2.

I guess Majin Buu is far more important than Gohan.

They really gave us Cell, but no Gohan, how does that make any sense?
I hadn’t seen that- last character better be Jonathan or Joseph. But it’s probably gonna be someone more popular like Giorno.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, according to thus graphicView attachment 269405
No DBZ characters in season 2.

I guess Majin Buu is far more important than Gohan.

They really gave us Cell, but no Gohan, how does that make any sense?
This is weird as Krillin was found in datamining, meaning the last batch of leaked characters is likely scrapped which sucks as Uraraka was on there

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Good morning.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dutch Raikuna

Oh **** never mind, Jump Force is 100% confirmed for Switch.

Still, lol.
Seeing it makes me raise hopes for Soul Calibur VI to come to the Switch. Really want another fighting game port. Or a Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax sequel.

How can you say that? He's all over twitter and he's on every Smash wishlist I've ever seen. Be it a youtuber or website article. Big and small. And it's not just the Smash community who watches and reads those things. I'm not saying he's a household name or anything like that, but he's not completely unknown.
I never understood the appeal and popularity of him. I just don't get it. Design wise he looks ok but I just don't understand the bigness of him.

I mean honestly, if there was anything close to a character that could represent a Mario Spinoff or something, I would want it to be the Baby Bros or Captain Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom