• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So depending how well things go I could be moving into my own place at the end of this month or beginning of next. Nervous and excited at the same time but feel its for the best because how else will I learn to be more independent? Honestly should have moved out years ago.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It honestly didn't occur to me but given not everything lasts do you think in terms of cinema that video game movies will be becoming the next big thing after superheroes loses its thunder eventually?

I say this given the successes of Detective Pikachu and Sonic and other video game adaptions lately notably Angry Birds and Rampage. I won't be surprised if it kicks off when the animated Super Mario Bros. movie happens.

This might bring the God of War film adaption back out of development hell perhaps! :grin:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tom Nook is a great man I will not tolerate slander
tom nook just trying make people have the best life and then people come over here going "ech have you read the communist manifesto"

im here for chill vibes not for communist propaganda

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anyone who thinks Tom Nook is bad hasn’t played Animal Crossing.

He lets you pay off your loan whenever, and you can store funds in his bank without any interest. Tom Nook is the shining example of a good businessman now put him in Smash dang it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It honestly didn't occur to me but given not everything lasts do you think in terms of cinema that video game movies will be becoming the next big thing after superheroes loses its thunder eventually?

I say this given the successes of Detective Pikachu and Sonic and other video game adaptions lately notably Angry Birds and Rampage. I won't be surprised if it kicks off when the animated Super Mario Bros. movie happens.

This might bring the God of War film adaption back out of development hell perhaps! :grin:
I'm still waiting on J. J. Abrams' Half-Life and Portal film adaptations.

If we ain't gonna get Half-Life 3, then at least give us the movies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I need to learn not to post this stuff at like 4 in the morning. Any more people willing to indulge me here?
So I fell asleep before I could post this but I wanted to work on some more writing today for my characters and I wanted to ask some questions to help me get those creative juices flowing.
  • What character types or traits do you guys like seeing in media or like to see more of?
  • Which ones are you sick of or wish they would stop using?
  • Which ones do you think are underused or have potential that hasn’t been fully realized yet?
One thing I don't like seeing is a character with a bunch of strengths and not enough weaknesses. Like, a character that's intelligent, athletic, attractive, and charismatic, and don't come with any kind of catch that significantly limits them.

Oh, and stupid characters. They can be funny sometimes, but I think the idea's been used plenty of times already.
So basically a Mary Sue type. Yeah I’m having trouble feeling like I’m properly balancing my character’s strengths and weaknesses and how these would change through their story arcs.

It’d also be nice to see less stupid characters unless they do something REALLY different or new with them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I fell asleep before I could post this but I wanted to work on some more writing today for my characters and I wanted to ask some questions to help me get those creative juices flowing.
  • What character types or traits do you guys like seeing in media or like to see more of?
  • Which ones do you think are underused or have potential that hasn’t been fully realized yet?

Know any places that sell it? The place where I first tried it had it as a one time thing.
The dumbass character who gets away with it. Don’t get me wrong, a jolly dumbass can be enjoyable if written right. But the characters who are not only dumb, but assholes, get on my nerves. Like Patrick in certain episodes of later seasons. Not just stupid, maliciously stupid. And the high school mean girl/bully is way too overplayed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm tired of seeing Tom Nook referred to as a landlord when he's not even selling ownership of a house, he's selling the service of having one built for you, of which you then have complete ownership of afterwards. That's probably the most ethical and honest offering you can get when it comes to buying shelter.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I use it to mean people of a certain political leaning who like to march around wearing red hats with lies on them.
And yet Lockstin has tweeted liberal opinions before and retweets Barack Obama's account. So more likely than not, you're wrong.

MOREOVER, not every conservative wears a MAGA hat. But of course, you feel the need to commit logical fallacies and place conservatives under one big umbrella, which is not only a generalization but is also unfair.
But with you being extremely biased, and far to the left, what you say doesn't shock me at all. However, I am sick of seeing the same thing over and over again.

I'm tired of your biased political crap, Snake. My patience concerning your posts has run out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And yet Lockstin has tweeted liberal opinions before and retweets Barack Obama's account. So more likely than not, you're wrong.

MOREOVER, not every conservative wears a MAGA hat. But of course, you feel the need to commit logical fallacies and place conservatives under one big umbrella, which is not only a generalization but is also unfair.
But with you being extremely biased, and far to the left, what you say doesn't shock me at all. However, I am sick of seeing the same thing over and over again.

I'm tired of your biased political crap, Snake. My patience concerning your posts has run out.
Wow. That escalated quickly.

I should have know better.

Do I get political often?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This isn’t necessarily limited to a character, but more so multiple. If a character screws up, I feel like it should impact other characters a bit more in certain scenarios. Stories were a character makes a mistake, apologizes, and then said mistake never makes an impact has always been a bit odd to me. Stories were these mistakes, even ones that are forgiven, linger are much more effective to me. Then again, there’s more factors such as how big the mistake is. It also heavily depends on the characters themselves. Characters that are naive or easily forgiving are more likely to put these mishaps behind them than ones who are skeptical. Though when I say they should linger, I don’t mean it should have this massive, lasting effect. In most cases, it should probably be something more subtle. Say, character A lies to someone or something, then character B is a bit less trusting of that character later on. I don’t know if I explained that well, so hopefully I did.

I’m definitely gonna keep an eye on the other responses to this as well. It should help with my own stories.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Wow. That escalated quickly.

I should have know better.

Do I get political often?
Yes, obviously. The most of anyone, and Debate Hall is better suited for political discussion but isn't utilized. I second what Will said. And, the bias on top of it makes it twice as frustrating.
It's exhausting.

And, this is something I haven't talked about in a while because to be honest, I like you as a person. However, the political posts... tired of seeing them.

Last edited:

NNN

Smash Cadet
Obviously all these Mario remakes are a bait to cover the real surprise

A Waluigi game

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not going to post something political on here but I will say: vote! For the love of god, VOTE! There's nothing you can do more impactful than electing politicians who put policies and regulations into effect that reflect your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom