• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Imagine walking into a room to see t-posing Gruntilda. Banjo’s face says it all.
View attachment 228078
In the beginning, she captured Tooty
To assert dominace, she T-poses on Banjo & Kazooie

Well as a Megaman fan, I kinda hurt by the cancellations of a few entries a few years ago. Now this one appears and hits kinda hard especially since I feel they were going in the right direction with Star Force 3.
https://www.rockman-corner.com/2019/06/cancelled-mega-man-star-force-4-concept.html
They planned on making a Star Force 4!? Right when the series was actually getting good!? What the hell I would have loved to try this.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Best case scenario is Chris, Leon, and Jill as alternate costume since I think they share the same playstyle in their own games. Makes the most sense and Sakurai has proved he isn't afraid of doing it.
Do you think they could do the alt costume thing? Costumes have to the same exact animations. With Leon/Chris/Jill, I’m not exactly sure if they all would be compatible with each other’s animations completely.

D

Deleted member

I was worried Banjo was gonna control funky,especially on the PC, but it works like a dream.

D

Deleted member

Do you think they could do the alt costume thing? Costumes have to the same exact animations. With Leon/Chris/Jill, I’m not exactly sure if they all would be compatible with each other’s animations completely.
Maybe if they take inspiration from RE 4 and 5 where Leon is James Bond, Chris Redfield is the Rock, and Jill is Samus Aran, but classic Resident Evil? They practically control exactly the same in previous games so I don't see how animations or attacks would conflict with another. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Banjo joined back in Brawl, and whenever you selected him on the character menu the Wiimote made this sound:

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Banjo joined back in Brawl, and whenever you selected him on the character menu the Wiimote made this sound:
what the crap is that voice he sounds nothing like that ingame

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Maybe if they take inspiration from RE 4 and 5 where Leon is James Bond, Chris Redfield is the Rock, and Jill is Samus Aran, but classic Resident Evil? They practically control exactly the same in previous games so I don't see how animations or attacks would conflict with another. It's not out of the realm of possibility.
I’m not too well versed with the RE series, so I just wanted to make sure.

Also Chris Redfield as the Rock. Very fitting.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering there are 8 costumes, I would think the Resident Evil pick(s) would be evened out to fit the 8.

As in, either 2 characters or 4, if it happens at all.

Leon could do his outfit in Resident Evil 4, and his RCPD uniform. Chris could have his uniform from Resident Evil 1, and then his later look from Resident Evil 5. Then the rest are recolors for other characters.

Ideally, they would somehow get a moveset that fits all of Leon, Chris, Jill, Rebecca Chambers, Claire, and then I guess Sheeva and...Barry? There’s a lot of characters to go with, but the thing is that they come in a variety of shapes and sizes.

In regard to the mentioning of Resident Evil having a “darker tone” as of recent with 7 being pretty crazy by comparison, I think the return to Resident Evil 2 is helpful in that regard. If the problem is gore, Bayonetta says hello considering the terrible things she does to her enemies in her games, lol.

I frankly am not sure who they’re going to pick, if a Resident Evil character is chosen in the first place. If it’s anything like the Hero trailer though, I would think they’d have it match up so the characters would have an interaction. With this in mind, Leon never meets Jill. Chris only meets Leon in 6. Chris works with Jill in 1 and Revelations, while Claire works with Leon in RE2. Those matchups work, but it’s also not necessarily needed to make a good trailer.

Speaking of the trailer...I wonder what they could do to differentiate it from the Castlevania trailer.

D

Deleted member

You all are saying "Potential new game means that character is more likely!".
Banjo-Kazooie got no new game at all, and they are in Smash.
Just because they are getting a new game, does not mean their chances are higher.
Plus, Hero is our promotional representative. Smash 4 had only one promotional DLC character. I think it will be the same in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Just because they are getting a new game, does not mean their chances are higher.
Plus, Hero is our promotional representative. Smash 4 had only one promotional DLC character. I think it will be the same in Ultimate.
I never said that, lol.

At most, a Smash Bros addition with amazing reception could make the company who owns the character interested on doing something with them in the future.

That’s what happened with Megaman.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There are rumors that Banjo is getting a new game, and it’s coming to Switch. Some have said exclusively.

I’d wait and see with this one.

Really, i’d argue that if we pay attention to what Nintendo places emphasis on, it could indicate what they add later, because if Sakurai is one to trust, he evidently said that he didn’t pick the characters in one of his latest magazine columns.

I originally thought he was being modest, but according to him, Nintendo really did have more of a say.

It’ll be interesting either way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I never said that, lol.

At most, a Smash Bros addition with amazing reception could make the company who owns the character interested on doing something with them in the future.

And that’s why I’m hoping KOS-MOS and Elma are the last two of this pass, for the hopes of Xenosaga HD collection and/or a Xenoblade X port or sequel happening. That, or it will give people an incentive to buy those games if the characters were in Smash, as was the plan with Corrin.

D

Deleted member

And that’s why I’m hoping KOS-MOS and Elma are the last two of this pass, for the hopes of Xenosaga HD collection and/or a Xenoblade X port or sequel happening. That, or it will give people an incentive to buy those games if the characters were in Smash, as was the plan with Corrin.
Many of us want more of Elma in our lifes, indeed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just because it happened last time doesn't mean it will with Ultimate. I expect the approach of DLC this time be a lot more different than 4's. Especially with Nintendo supposedly being the ones in charge this time.

For all we know, the final 2 could very well both be promotional picks. Heck, like Jones said, Banjo's rumored to be getting a new game. Perhaps he was a promotional pick as well.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Less than a week until Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled.

Who else is getting it (on Switch)?
I get excited over all these great games and then remember I have no money. :cry:

I never said that, lol.

There are rumors that Banjo is getting a new game, and it’s coming to Switch. Some have said exclusively.

I’d wait and see with this one.

Really, i’d argue that if we pay attention to what Nintendo places emphasis on, it could indicate what they add later, because if Sakurai is one to trust, he evidently said that he didn’t pick the characters in one of his latest magazine columns.

I originally thought he was being modest, but according to him, Nintendo really did have more of a say.

It’ll be interesting either way.
Crossing my fingers to a breaking point.

D

Deleted member

Just because it happened last time doesn't mean Ultimate will follow the exact pattern.

For all we know, the final 2 could very well both be promotional pick. Heck, Like Jones said, Banjo's rumored to be getting a new game. Perhaps he was a promotional pick as well.
I mean you could be right, but still.
Banjo-Kazooie was mainly a fan-service pick. Banjo-Kazooie have been requested heavily for way longer than characters like Joker, and perhaps a Dragon Quest representative. I would say Banjo-Kazooie is on par with King K. Rool in a fan-service-ballot pick.
What if they do not get a game at all? I am hoping to be wrong, though.

D

Deleted member

Ok, have to say, Banjo controls well but the camera is “eh” at times. Sometimes, it’ll get you killed.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

sounds like we might be seeing hero info in about two weeks time

D

Deleted member

I thought, “Haha, wouldn’t it be funny if I went in this turtle’s mouth?” I KID YOU NOT THEIR IS A TURTLE CHOIR IN HIS MOUTH. I JUST WENT INSIDE THE MOUTH OF A CANIBAL.

Meh, my crush will do alright.

How? Do you have a N64, or Xbox, or are you emulating?
Lucky. I do not have a N64, nor Xbox, and I am not a fan of emulating, even though I am constantly proved wrong.
Emulating. Honestly, I have no issue with emulating if it’s an old game like this one. Emulating new games isn’t my cup ‘o tea.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Banjo could be a promotional pick, but let's be real - he probably wouldn't have ever gotten in Smash without his massive following, new game or not. Hero is the literal opposite, with promotion and the success of his franchise being the main factors that contributed to his inclusion, not fans specifically asking for him. And then we have Joker, who was... A surprise character by every sense of the word. Possible promotion for another game is yet to be seen.

Regardless, all three of the DLC choices don't seem to have anything in common at the moment. I wouldn't jump the gun and create a pattern out of three random and completely unrelated characters.

So basically, this keeps happening until we get to the final fighter.
Probably, because I saw an identical joke with this clip and PP. Guess it depends on who we get.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I frankly am not sure who they’re going to pick, if a Resident Evil character is chosen in the first place. If it’s anything like the Hero trailer though, I would think they’d have it match up so the characters would have an interaction. With this in mind, Leon never meets Jill. Chris only meets Leon in 6. Chris works with Jill in 1 and Revelations, while Claire works with Leon in RE2. Those matchups work, but it’s also not necessarily needed to make a good trailer.
I'm aware it's non-canon, but Leon did meet and talked with Jill and Chris in Project X Zone 2. But Smash is not canon either. Heck, these set of quotes would age pretty finely if this happened with Smash.

That said, I feel that if Leon does appear in Smash, it feels like a must for him to have 2 costumes with one being his new RE2 Remake look and the other being his RE4 look(since you really can't ignore how much RE4 did for Leon and the series). Heck, a long time ago, I mentioned it'd be cool if Leon got his RE2 Remake voice with his RE2 costume and his RE4 voice with his RE4 costume.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Character has armour
Casuals fight character with armour
Casuals don't know how to deal with armour
Casuals whine
Nintendo nerfs character with armour, making them one of the worst characters in the game
I thought the issue with K. Rool WAS the armor and how it could flat out backfire ok the user.

Also, Mac sucked regardless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom