• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
From what little I understand of the overseas Dragon ball community, the Broly movies have been meme'd to hell and back for years and I don't understand why.
Cuz Old Broly is dumb, so why not make something that is dumb funny?

That, and I actually know a decent amount of those Broly Memes videos, and while I understand jack **** due due all being in Japanese, I still laugh like crazy due to the visual edits.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So artwork hinted at this before release but Shiny Celebii is actually recruitable In Mystery Dungeon DX. It spawns in mystery houses and is an auto recruit which is pretty cool, especially given its relevance to the franchise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i've finally gotten true shoryuken down consistently, i've ****ing transcended

D

Deleted member

Working on my Smash Bros fanfic has never felt this fun to be honest.
Personally, I like having the extra challenge of animating my fanfics, through any means necessary. My fanfic plots are weird enough on paper, but it's just good practice for me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon people.

Another day at the office. Good to see @Madame Lesley is back by the way.

So downside is that my classes could be suspended from end of next week due to the vocal cord parasites virus. As long as the library is near me isn't closed I don't really care honestly. Got a bit bored of the course.

Upside is I'm close to finishing Project X Zone 2 and might go back into something else. Thinking Persona 4 or Bayonetta 2 at the minute.

How's the rest of you guys?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Trying Fairy Tail.

While I'm still neutral on the show, I will ask this: what is the appeal of it... I am curious.
I got into it because it has a lot of similarities to One Piece, another series that I enjoy. The main appeal for me is the characters - they're consistently entertaining for the most part (I find Gray to be fairly bland, admittedly, but the rest of the cast makes up for it), and the major members of the Fairy Tail guild are well-utilized and well developed. (my big problem with series like Naruto is that characters like Rock Lee or Hinata don't get much to do and are basically ignored for 90% of the series - that doesn't happen here)

The women, in particular, are great - Lucy falls into a similar category as Nami or Bulma, where she's more about brains than brawn and doesn't get much to do as a result since the series has a lot of emphasis on fighting, but she still gets the occasional awesome moment, and the rest of the women make up for it in spades. (Erza in particular is amazing, but there are plenty of other examples that I don't want to specifically name because it might be a spoiler)

It was refreshing after reading Naruto (where 99% of the women only sit off to the side and occasionally heal), Bleach (where the women are shown to be competent but always have to be saved), or Toriko. (where the series basically has no women)

It definitely has its flaws (the fanservice definitely gets excessive at points, and it becomes clear after a while that the author doesn't seem to know how to end fights), but it's a fun, albeit straightforward, shonen series.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Onw thing I think is really underappreciayed is how expressive some of the characters are.

I know I said Hero a lot of really cool expressions, but the Donkey Kong characters and Banjo as well are some of my favorites. Looks straight out of a Rare game. Inkling too, she just feels like she's ripped out of Splatoon.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I finally figured out how to change my name, no more curse of going by my middle name :D
And also changing my last name too my friend told me it sounds like a weird asian ice cream and I agree.

D

Deleted member

I read Fairy Tail a while back. Honestly not my thing. It just felt quite boring in my opinion.
Fairy Tail I think was my second? First? anime, and honestly it wasn't half bad. Maybe not great, but it wasn't SAO levels of bad.

These days the only anime I "watch" watch(aka I actually watch entire episodes and not clips on a regular basis) is card game anime, because keeping track of all the card games I play on a competitive level leaves little time for anything else.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Onw thing I think is really underappreciayed is how expressive some of the characters are.

I know I said Hero a lot of really cool expressions, but the Donkey Kong characters and Banjo as well are some of my favorites. Looks straight out of a Rare game. Inkling too, she just feels like she's ripped out of Splatoon.
There are some characters I wish were more expressive. :ultsonic:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

even Byleth, a character who's sorta infamous for their death glares in their original game is actually wicked expressive in Smash
1584112202899.png

Sakurai's quite the miracle worker lemme tell ya

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looks straight out of a Rare game
Speaking of which, I swear they just modded N&B's Spiral Mountain to match the original BK. Would explain why Banjo's house is based on its N&B appearance.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Afternoon people.

Another day at the office. Good to see @Madame Lesley is back by the way.

So downside is that my classes could be suspended from end of next week due to the vocal cord parasites virus. As long as the library is near me isn't closed I don't really care honestly. Got a bit bored of the course.

Upside is I'm close to finishing Project X Zone 2 and might go back into something else. Thinking Persona 4 or Bayonetta 2 at the minute.

How's the rest of you guys?
I'm having a fine morning, plus I'm at the near end of completing my run of Wario Land II.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Our chemistry teacher made a discord for our class and it's already a trainwreck lmao
Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.33.22 AM.png

and then you have me
Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.31.41 AM.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh Made in Abyss artwork will do for pfp for a bit.

Also all day I've been laughing at one single word.

Panik

I can't stop laughing at it. Panik, not Panic. Panik.

Why do I find it so funny?
I swear I act so much younger sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom