• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thor 4 is having the guardians of the galaxy in it and we know Christian Bale is the villain now. This is going to be pretty strong sounding marvel movie, can’t wait to see it!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Heard a buncha anime got delayed due to the virus like Rezero2.

I haven't watched anime in like 10 years but that's a shame.
Bro you don't understand how I feel about it. Re Zero Season 2 is my most anticipated thing right now.
I understand the reason and the good news is that it brings it closer to Ghost of Tsushima which means a killer combo for summer.
Bad news is the delay didn't really help my bad mood from today.

D

Deleted member

Thor 4 is having the guardians of the galaxy in it and we know Christian Bale is the villain now. This is going to be pretty strong sounding marvel movie, can’t wait to see it!
I am personally excited for The Eternals too.

Marvel Studios claims this movie would try to go for a really strong Jack Kirby mood, and I want to see how It turns out.

Jack Kirby surely was a big part of the Golden era of the Fantastic Four, and if Marvel Studios succeeds at translating his style on the Big screen my hopes for a good Fantastic Four movie will just keep growing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At least Regular Show, and Steven Universe look to be two modern day shows with amazing finales, and id argue that for most part neither ever had a truly horrible season or episode. Regular had its lesser episodes but there’s always a good laugh or two in them.

And SU has great themes, messages, and lore building. And honestly I liked the townie episodes. Can’t wait for future’s finale because it looks to be a master piece in animation imo.

Star was definitely amazing and toffee is still one of the best villains but they definitely rushed that last season. Mina was a stupid antagonist idea and so was making moon a total asshole. Should have honestly bought toffee back and have Star come to that same realization he was right. Would have been a pretty great idea.

Owl house has been super great so far though and honestly if anyone here isn’t watching it but likes it’s predecessors then give the show a watch. Amphibia too as that’s another show with a lot of promise.

I’m not entirely sure but if you have Disney plus I think owl house is on there. If not it probably will be soon. It’s a fantastic show and like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls it seems to have its whole plot and lore figured out already. Making for some real strong standings so far. Plus a gravity falls crossover episode seems actually plausible and that would be really hype
Super late reply, but I agree with all of this.

Regarding Star in particular, I think Mina being the last villain came out of left field and ultimately ended up as a serious missed opportunity. She was nowhere near as good of a villain as Toffee, mind you, or even on the level of Meteora or Ludo, but she had potential. They did a decent job setting her up as the final boss of the show before everything fell apart. Speaking of Ludo, they did an amazing job building up his character and threat level and telling his story in season 2. If they turned a villain who was once as pathetic, one-dimensional and harmless as Ludo into a such an amazing character, why couldn't they have done something similar for Mina? She fell flat as a villain in so many ways, but I wouldn't have minded her being the last villain if they better utilized her and any actual good writing was present in the last season. Moon, though...yeah, there was no reason for her to turn into an asshole. That came out freaking nowhere and was the most out of character thing the writers had ever done to one of the characters. It made no sense. There was no foreshadowing for it. And hell, her initial character arc in the last season alone pointed against it happening. There was no grounds for the twist. It was stupid.

Ah, and I concur. The Owl House and Amphibia are both really promising shows so far.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There's this good video explaining It:

Mostly dishes themed about Sonic, a lot of SA2 Soap Shoes Sonic plushies and cardboard cutouts.
o3o Oh, the plushies are adorable, now I want one! (xD I got a big Silver plushie and a small one that was given to me by my cousin...but it lost its silver coloration and now it looks yellow like if it was Super Silver...minus the red eyes and the quills from his back going up).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

o3o Oh, the plushies are adorable, now I want one! (xD I got a big Silver plushie and a small one that was given to me by my cousin...but it lost its silver coloration and now it looks yellow like if it was Super Silver...minus the red eyes and the quills from his back going up).
I wish I owned any of the official Sonic plushies, ngl.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Bro you don't understand how I feel about it. Re Zero Season 2 is my most anticipated thing right now.
I understand the reason and the good news is that it brings it closer to Ghost of Tsushima which means a killer combo for summer.
Bad news is the delay didn't really help my bad mood from today.
That's the uhh

Rezero is the one with explosion girl, right?

Or is that the zombie idol anime?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am personally excited for The Eternals too.

Marvel Studios claims this movie would try to go for a really strong Jack Kirby mood, and I want to see how It turns out.

Jack Kirby surely was a big part of the Golden era of the Fantastic Four, and if Marvel Studios succeeds at translating his style on the Big screen my hopes for a good Fantastic Four movie will just keep growing.
Eternals should be pretty good good it’s a lot to setup but I’m sure they can pull it off. Fantastic four should have no worries either. Kevin Feige is a big marvel fan so I’m sure he’s had plenty of idea for how they could use them already.
Super late reply, but I agree with all of this.

Regarding Star in particular, I think Mina being the last villain came out of left field and ultimately ended up as a serious missed opportunity. She was nowhere near as good of a villain as Toffee, mind you, or even on the level of Meteora or Ludo, but she had potential. They did a decent job setting her up as the final boss of the show before everything fell apart. Speaking of Ludo, they did an amazing job building up his character and threat level and telling his story in season 2. If they turned a villain who was once as pathetic, one-dimensional and harmless as Ludo into a such an amazing character, why couldn't they have done something similar for Mina? She fell flat as a villain in so many ways, but I wouldn't have minded her being the last villain if they better utilized her and any actual good writing was present in the last season. Moon, though...yeah, there was no reason for her to turn into an asshole. That came out freaking nowhere and was the most out of character thing the writers had ever done to one of the characters. It made no sense. There was no foreshadowing for it. And hell, her initial character arc in the last season alone pointed against it happening. There was no grounds for the twist. It was stupid.

Ah, and I concur. The Owl House and Amphibia are both really promising shows so far.
Ludo was great too. I really liked the episodes focusing on him. It is a shame though that he didn’t get involved in the finale in any big way. Still he was developed so well.

D

Deleted member

That's the uhh

ReZero is the isekai anime about a guy who keeps coming back to a sort of "checkpoint" in time every moment he dies.

Gigguk made a video about it.

D

Deleted member

Someone come up with a knock-off term for Echo Fighters that could be used in PlayStation All-Stars.
Shadow Brawler

Different tone, same meaning.
Acceptable furry talk. Huh. :drwtf:
Furry gang rise up

On another note, I remember when one of the mad lads at my school brought part of his fur suit to class(just the paw I think) and showed it off. I N C L A S S. Granted we had a sub that day, but still. M A D L A D

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ludo was great too. I really liked the episodes focusing on him. It is a shame though that he didn’t get involved in the finale in any big way. Still he was developed so well.
Same here. In particular, Ludo in the Wild is a brilliant piece of animation.

I was honestly kinda hoping he'd pull a "Big Damn Heroes" moment in season 4 and lead a last minute rebellion against Mina or something like that...He was a vital part of the show for the majority of it's life, so as far I'm concerned, he really should've been more relevant in the last season.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So confession time, I’ve been working on an animated series with humans and anthromorphic animals (technically they’re supposed to be ‘toons, aka creatures made from ink though the main ones in this series are animal based) that I’ve been working on long before the modern magic one and honestly with the whole furry stigma and everything, I’m a little afraid of green lighting it...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That's the uhh

No but both are perfect.

ReZero is the isekai anime about a guy who keeps coming back to a sort of "checkpoint" in time every moment he dies.

Gigguk made a video about it.
Pretty much. I just find it very enjoyable and despite really thinking the story should have taken a different path mid way through, it's still pretty perfect of an anime for me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shadow Brawler

Different tone, same meaning.

Furry gang rise up

On another note, I remember when one of the mad lads at my school brought part of his fur suit to class(just the paw I think) and showed it off. I N C L A S S. Granted we had a sub that day, but still. M A D L A D
I REALLY like this name. A Lot.
They already have one, Evil fighters.

For example, Cole has Evil Cole.

Sit back down
That's actually what inspired me to come up with these kinds of fighters. Because that's basically what Evil Cole was. He was the Dark Pit of that game.
Snake get off Ralsei's account
I'm not on their account. The virus is just spreading

Shroob

Sup?
So confession time, I’ve been working on an animated series with humans and anthromorphic animals (technically they’re supposed to be ‘toons, aka creatures made from ink though the main ones in this series are animal based) that I’ve been working on long before the modern magic one and honestly with the whole furry stigma and everything, I’m a little afraid of green lighting it...
I mean

Zootopia exists

As does that one anime from like a few months back, Beastars?

Shroob

Sup?
No but both are perfect.

Pretty much. I just find it very enjoyable and despite really thinking the story should have taken a different path mid way through, it's still pretty perfect of an anime for me.
Yeah I don't really know then lol.

Unless an anime "REALLY" stands out visually to me, they all kinda just blend together mentally.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been playing through mystery dungeon after getting it yesterday. And man the game is beautiful. The cutscenes are so fluid and bring so much life into it. The music remakes are also top tier. Really hope we get an explorers remake next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom